shape
carat
color
clarity

The PS Garden

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This year's project is the front yard. I won't bore you with pictures of dirt mounds. Suffice to say all the grass is gone gone gone and in its place will be boulders, rock, gravel luxuriously planted with drought tolerant plants that will provide food and shelter for birds, bees and other bugs. I picked out 4 granite boulders today (I love rock and was like a kid in a candy store -- my landscaper had to drag me back to the car); a water feature is finished and a few plants have been put in around it. Boulders arrive on Tuesday. My must have plant list is waaaaay too long so I whittled it down to my mustmustmust have list and will let the landscaper choose the others. I'll be delighted if it turns out even half as I envisioned.

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
This year's project is the front yard. I won't bore you with pictures of dirt mounds. Suffice to say all the grass is gone gone gone and in its place will be boulders, rock, gravel luxuriously planted with drought tolerant plants that will provide food and shelter for birds, bees and other bugs. I picked out 4 granite boulders today (I love rock and was like a kid in a candy store -- my landscaper had to drag me back to the car); a water feature is finished and a few plants have been put in around it. Boulders arrive on Tuesday. My must have plant list is waaaaay too long so I whittled it down to my mustmustmust have list and will let the landscaper choose the others. I'll be delighted if it turns out even half as I envisioned.

What is on your plant list? We are planning on building a new house in the next year or so. I plan on bringing plants from this garden but am always open to new ideas!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is on your plant list?

These are the one's I really want. When I went to the nursery yesterday I saw hundreds more I also want. Once the boulders are placed, it'll be a bit easier to choose. plant list front yard 2022.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's an example of where I'm going with the front garden:
Plan B 2.png

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
Plan B 2.png
Plan B 2.png

What zone are you in? There is an amazing book called the Well Tended Perennial Garden by Tracy DiSabato Aust ( from memory).
I’m going to go through your list.

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
Be careful of Joe Pye weed. One of the most invasive plants I’ve ever had. So promiscuous!!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We've been newly rezoned to 8 -- thanks to enduring drought. I'm in southern Oregon which has a mediterranean climate.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Front yard is done! Waterwise and critter friendly. My pics aren't very good and please keep in mind that the ground covers and shrubs are babies and will look better next year.

I bought 2500 lbs of granite boulders and 6000 pounds of pea gravel for both sides of the driveway, the patch outside the front door with the new water feature, a new path from the front yard to the back yard, and a small flower bed in front of the porch that I forgot to photograph.

We also had to replace the backyard fence which will be done today although staining it will happen in a few weeks.

Whew!

front waterfall 2.jpg front.jpg hens&chicks.jpg blue petals.jpg front 2.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Look what is growing among our daffodils in the garden.
I have to ask my DH what fertilizer he is using. :lol:

Screen Shot 2022-03-24 at 6.55.03 AM.png

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope everyone is enjoying their gardens this year. We had a long cool wet spring so things are just now beginning to bloom.

Nearly everything we did when we had our backyard redesigned 5 yrs ago is gone. The little waterfall was poorly built and too many of the plants weren't drought tolerant and bird/bee/wildlife friendly.

Last week, 2/3rds of the yard was replanted and the other 1/3 is totally destroyed by the backhoe being used for the new hyuuuuge water feature. When that is done, more plants!!

The new water feature will be pondless with 2 waterfalls. They had to reroute the pipes for the sprinkler system which means they took out 20 feet of gravel path.
Resized_20230524_132828.jpg

I can't get photos to work for the newly planted areas. Will try again tomorrow.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Front yard color burst making the birds, bees, and butterflies happy.

front color.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Backyard project this year -- new water feature; it's massive, 20+ feet long, 2 small waterfalls, lights illuminate them at night. Planting on the top will commence in a few weeks.

water 1.jpg water 2.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screenshot 2023-06-13 at 11.39.21 AM.png

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our back patio was becoming filled with weeds. Yesterday it was taken upon, weed suppressing cloth put down, and today all the pavers went back down with cement sand to prevent the weeds from sprouting back through. Very pretty!

And speaking of pretty - there's my beautiful Cirrus peeking through the gate! <3

IMG_2831.jpg

IMG_2830.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My plumeria tree this year has super pink flowers! I've been putting cow patties and coffee grounds around the base all winter (now just coffee grounds, not doing cow patties in summer!)

The tree is very lush and happy this year!
20230620_134436.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results