shape
carat
color
clarity

The PS Garden

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
Austina
Love your roses ! how many do you grow ?

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous flowers!

Waiting for my flowers to bloom.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
Austina
I started growing roses in Hot & humid Florida a year ago . I also have around 35 bushes . we have sandy soil and a lot of disease pressure .I have to work hard to get decent foliage & blooms .

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've certainly found that after a good prune earlier this year, my roses are definitely doing much better.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Austina
I started growing roses in Hot & humid Florida a year ago . I also have around 35 bushes . we have sandy soil and a lot of disease pressure .I have to work hard to get decent foliage & blooms .
What zone are you in? I'm in 10B...I'm also in Florida and was considering a rose bush but not sure if its going to be worth the struggle.

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
Arcadian
I am in zone 9B . I have to spray my roses weekly in wet weather and biweekly in dry for diseases like black spot . You can buy easy care verities that only require minimum fertilization/pruning . like knockout roses .Belinda's Dream rose is a big shrub good for FL , also the "Easy Care " rose series . Roses on Fortuniana rootstock suit our sandy soils better than Dr.huey . they are nematodes & drought resistant .

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Found this dove's egg on the fence near the front gate this morning. Either a nest was robbed and a predator dropped it there or a dumb dove momma forgot that a secluded location and a nest are prerequisites for successful hatching. Or maybe it was a token gift thanking me for putting in a garden with great habitat for critters :mrgreen:
egg.jpg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We've just found a big toad! It seems a bit weak and slow, so we've wet a patch in one of the flower beds and popped it in. It's covered itself up, so hopefully it's recuperating in the cool and shade.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata, I'm sure it was a token gift. What a beautiful place to visit you have created for the birds. I'm sure one of them wanted to just say thank you.
I'm so jealous of your beautiful garden and greenhouse. It's my idea of heaven!

House Cat, Your new garden is going to be spectacular! Gardens are wonderful places to clear your mind. I wish I lived near you so I could see this in person

Jeweln, Will Rose Knockouts grow in your area? I have many of them and they are very little work and bloom all summer long. I have also have very good luck with carpet roses.

Austina, Your gardens is beautiful and I live your pictures!

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
calliecake
Yes knockout roses are easy care roses in FL . Hybrid teas are the problem .

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Speaking of birds, I'm starting to see an uptick in white ibis when I moved down here I guess it didn't occur to me that they would be wandering around the neighborhood in gangs ...lol

I'll look into those roses Jeweln, thanks.

unfortunately its a big tree, but fortunately it smells good. Generally though the smell is best in the morning or late evening white or yellow plumeria have a much heavier scent than the hot pinks.
plumeria.jpg

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_3549.JPG IMG_3568.JPG IMG_3563.JPG IMG_3561.JPG IMG_3550.JPG I visited 3 special gardens in northern New Jersey yesterday. This one is an artist's studio. "Smudge" is the official greeter.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_3572.JPG IMG_3573.JPG IMG_3570.JPG Second garden: Keswick is the official greeter.

IMG_3579.JPG

IMG_3579.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Found this dove's egg on the fence near the front gate this morning. Either a nest was robbed and a predator dropped it there or a dumb dove momma forgot that a secluded location and a nest are prerequisites for successful hatching. Or maybe it was a token gift thanking me for putting in a garden with great habitat for critters :mrgreen:
egg.jpg

Wow. Worth a thousand words. (a conch pearl?....I am a PS'er afterall....)

Thanks for sharing.

cheers--Sharon

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_3586.JPG IMG_3590.JPG Third garden: the official greeter would not tell me his name.

IMG_3589.JPG

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that House Cat. That's what my garden is starting to look like and it was planted 10 months ago. I don't recall where you're located and if you have harsh winters but we had a particularly cold, snowy winter this year and all the baby plants put in the ground last summer came back with a vengeance. You may have a lusher garden in year 2 than you expect. Can't wait to see pics.
Hi Matata,

I am near Sacramento, CA. We don't get much of a frost at all, just enough to knock the leaves off of a few trees and plants. Just the same, I am hopeful that the plants will fill in nicely. I might raise the soil up just a bit to give the plants an extra boost but i haven't really been able to talk myself into such a huge task.

Matata, you have my dream garden. I love everything you have done with your yard.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata, you have my dream garden. I love everything you have done with your yard.
Come on up and see it! You're a mere 5 hours away from me. We can have a mini PS get together. It would be especially nice if you came on a day when I was weeding and deadheading -- perfect for you to get some practice time for when you're garden is done ;-)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Any new pictures? I am in garden withdrawal.

cheers--Sharon

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've got some hydrangeas revealing their colors, baby green tomatoes, and my cute little blue spruce. IMG_2620.JPG IMG_2621.JPG IMG_2622.JPG IMG_2623.JPG IMG_2624.JPG

IMG_2625.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've got some hydrangeas revealing their colors, baby green tomatoes, and my cute little blue spruce. IMG_2620.JPG IMG_2621.JPG IMG_2622.JPG IMG_2623.JPG IMG_2624.JPG

IMG_2625.JPG

Your llil" Spruce needs a "stacker":D...to keep it straight. You know what to do!:appl:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have one Sungold tomato ready for picking and lots of others starting to ripen.
sungold tomato.jpg
Flowers that are just starting to bloom: Tick Seed, Butterfly Weed; Asian Lillies, Bee Balm, Oak Leaf Hydrangea. The purple Salvia is in full bloom.
tick seed.jpg butterfly weed.jpg lily.jpg hydrangea.jpg salvia.jpg

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful garden pics here! I visited a NY Hudson Valley Garden this weekend. Here are the highlights!
IMG_5946_zpsjz2hqcth.jpg

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And here's was my garden a well or so ago. I'm waiting on my summer flowers soon. So excited.
IMG_0038_zpsow6eyuh5.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
potss.jpeg Flowers.jpeg Flowers.jpeg
Miracle grow is doing a great job this summer.
Flowers.jpeg CH]

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! I had some issues finding this thread and happy to be bumping it back to the top where it belongs! So I have been remiss and have not yet taken any of our garden photos...though I do have a video or 2 but never mind that. However yesterday I did take some photos of our very good friends garden and will share it here. They have a much nicer garden than we do anyway so here are some photos for you to enjoy.

varcgardenentrance.JPG

varcgarden1.JPG

varcgarden2.JPG

varcgarden3.JPG

varcgarden4.JPG

varcgarden5.JPG

varcgarden6.JPG

varcgarden7.JPG

varcgarden8.JPG

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone I am on holidays in a garden-of-eden - like environment (even if there are some issues... for everyone who so kindly replied to my other thread).
This tiny island has a special microclimate and apparently special soil so everything just GROWS IMG_20170727_151639.jpg ... amazing!
Our small geranium in the backyard, lol
IMG_20170727_152124.jpg

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry about the monster pics, I'm on my mobile phone.... IMG-20170723-WA0039.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results