shape
carat
color
clarity

The Precision Gem experience:a green-blue Afghan tourmaline!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: The Precision Gem experience:a green-blue Afghan tourmal

SapphireStyle said:
I keep checking for the handshot and here it is! Spectacular, yet again!
Thank you SapphireStyle :wavey:

minousbijoux said:
Hubba hubba! :appl:
:D

ricezo said:
Can we please have another rough --> gem --> amazingly gorgeous jewellery thread for your new Precision Gem topaz?? :mrgreen:
Whahaha!! Mm, not sure yet Ricezo. Perhaps I will ask Gene for a pic of the rough. And I could indeed use some input on the setting :twisted:

SparkliesLuver said:
What a journey, Acinom. :appl: :love: It's still crazy to me that this is the first time you've seen the stone, too! I don't know how you do it. ;-) You are a brave soul.

I love the balance of the stone and the setting - Victor knows how to bring it all together. The cuffs really have their place, especially by adding a little sparkle and feminine touch. It truly is gorgeous, and it definitely holds its own with all your other spectacular rings. I think this calls for an updated group photo. :naughty:
Well, I would not recommend this process to anyone to be honest. But yet again I am pleasantly surprised to see the stone in real life. It's an amazing piece :love:. I love the blue glow it has in some lighting. And the almost royal appearance. I cannot wait to see the ready pics from you and Ricezo. And I hope Laurie will set hers soon as well.

I agree that Victor did a super job with this one.
And I saw your question so I decided to make the group shots just now and I posted some in my Show Me The Bling Thread.
Here a group pic with my Victor rings:

_26276.jpg

_26277.jpg

_26278.jpg

_26279.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Acinom|1422541004|3823792 said:
dk168|1422534851|3823729 said:
Bumping this to inform anyone who may be interested in getting a green-blue Tourmaline from Gene, as he mentioned he still has a few roughs available in his latest listing for a 12.22ct finished gemstone:

http://www.precisiongem.com/Gemstones/Gemstones/rapidcart/greentourmaline.html

DK :))

For anyone who wants to rock a 12.22 ct stone: it's available

At quite the price tag! :shock:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

minousbijoux|1422549538|3823882 said:
Acinom|1422541004|3823792 said:
dk168|1422534851|3823729 said:
Bumping this to inform anyone who may be interested in getting a green-blue Tourmaline from Gene, as he mentioned he still has a few roughs available in his latest listing for a 12.22ct finished gemstone:

http://www.precisiongem.com/Gemstones/Gemstones/rapidcart/greentourmaline.html

For anyone who wants to rock a 12.22 ct stone: it's available

At quite the price tag! :shock:

It's around $474/ct, which is about what he's been charging, even for smaller stones. Since this is larger, he could have charged more due to the size, and he didn't. Gene is pretty fair with his pricing. I think the price would be over $10K for other lapidaries.

As for tourmaline, boy have the prices risen a lot in the last decade.

S

SparkliesLuver

TL said:
It's around $474/ct, which is about what he's been charging, even for smaller stones. Since this is larger, he could have charged more due to the size, and he didn't. Gene is pretty fair with his pricing. I think the price would be over $10K for other lapidaries.

Completely agree with you, TL. If my budget would have been larger, I would have spoken for this one instead of the one I did get. He mentioned that the person he purchased the rough with has primarily been selling their faceted stones to jewelry stores, so I can only begin to imagine what those are selling for. :-o

(But, in the end, I'm extremely happy with mine because it ended up being larger than my ideal size anyway...and the color...and the cut.)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

SparkliesLuver|1422558709|3823980 said:
TL said:

Completely agree with you, TL. If my budget would have been larger, I would have spoken for this one instead of the one I did get. He mentioned that the person he purchased the rough with has primarily been selling their faceted stones to jewelry stores, so I can only begin to imagine what those are selling for. :-o

(But, in the end, I'm extremely happy with mine because it ended up being larger than my ideal size anyway...and the color...and the cut.)

I've seen Gene's stones sold by retailers for at least four times the price he sells to PS'ers at. You're all very lucky to purchase directly from him. :))

Well, no matter the size of your stone, it's still large, and will make a beautiful statement piece. I can't wait to see the finished ring. Good luck with the project.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

TL|1422559293|3823984 said:
I've seen Gene's stones sold by retailers for at least four times the price he sells to PS'ers at.

I've seen this too. Direct purchases from Gene are very reasonably priced, given the colour, size, cutting and all.

S

SparkliesLuver

TL said:
I've seen Gene's stones sold by retailers for at least four times the price he sells to PS'ers at. You're all very lucky to purchase directly from him. :))

Well, no matter the size of your stone, it's still large, and will make a beautiful statement piece. I can't wait to see the finished ring. Good luck with the project.

Wow, that's a lot! I do feel very lucky, TL. :saint: There's no doubt or question about that!

Thank you very much. I agree - it is still large, even for my hands. ;-) Now I just have to adjust my "size issues" when beginning my red spinel search and focus on the more important factors. hehe

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

SparkliesLuver|1422559634|3823987 said:
TL said:

Wow, that's a lot! I do feel very lucky, TL. :saint: There's no doubt or question about that!

Thank you very much. I agree - it is still large, even for my hands. ;-) Now I just have to adjust my "size issues" when beginning my red spinel search and focus on the more important factors. hehe

Well if it makes you feel better, I'm currently setting a 25 carat stone, and it's not a dense stone either. It will be a ring too. :shock:

I lost my "size" issues long ago. The bigger the gems you wear, the more you get used to it. :Up_to_something: ;-) :devil:

S

SparkliesLuver

TL said:
Well if it makes you feel better, I'm currently setting a 25 carat stone, and it's not a dense stone either. It will be a ring too. :shock:

I lost my "size" issues long ago. The bigger the gems you wear, the more you get used to it. :Up_to_something: ;-) :devil:

:lol: Whoa, momma! I want to see that. Does it have a thread? Will it be haloed, too? ;-) :naughty: Which finger will it call home?

haha I suppose you're right. We'll see what my budget affords me, too! ha

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

SparkliesLuver|1422560074|3823990 said:
TL said:

:lol: Whoa, momma! I want to see that. Does it have a thread? Will it be haloed, too? ;-) :naughty: Which finger will it call home?

haha I suppose you're right. We'll see what my budget affords me, too! ha

I don't know if I'll open a thread. I might put it in the eye candy thread. I'm the "Queen of Gaudy." You know, if I had my wish, my hands would always look like Beyonce's, and no, it's not a 25 carat diamond either (I wish!!). ;(

beyoncegrammy2_1_.jpg

S

SparkliesLuver

Oh, please do. You should.

:lol: I did not know that. Highly doubtful.

Oh, wow! I can't even begin to imagine. Geesh. I definitely wouldn't get any work done if my hands looked like that - I'd be staring at them all day. haha

Sorry for the thread-jack, Acinom. :wavey: :oops:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

SparkliesLuver|1422560708|3824000 said:
Oh, please do. You should.

:lol: I did not know that. Highly doubtful.

Oh, wow! I can't even begin to imagine. Geesh. I definitely wouldn't get any work done if my hands looked like that - I'd be staring at them all day. haha

Sorry for the thread-jack, Acinom. :wavey: :oops:

OMG, I'm so sorry, there's so many Afghan tourmaline threads lately, I thought this was YOUR thread SL. :oops:

Sorry Acinom. Threadjack over.

S

SparkliesLuver

hehe Yes, there are. We're all stone sisters anyway, I feel. ;-)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Whahahaha :lol:
I actually enjoy 'green tourmaline talk' to the max 8-)

Gene's prices are indeed quite reasonable.
I hope the mega 12+ carat stone will be swooped up by a PSer. I would love to see it on someone's finger :appl:

And yes, I am totally used to my big stone. It only took a few seconds to get used to it :twisted:

S

SparkliesLuver

Oh, I hope a PSer gets it too, Acinom. I really do! I'd be anxious to see what they'd do with it. :Up_to_something:

It's good to know it felt at home on your finger almost instantly. :D

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

SparkliesLuver|1422561946|3824022 said:
Oh, I hope a PSer gets it too, Acinom. I really do! I'd be anxious to see what they'd do with it. :Up_to_something:

It's good to know it felt at home on your finger almost instantly. :D

Oh yes it did 8-)

_26448.jpg

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, just wow! :love:

Michelez

Shiny_Rock

If I had $5,000 laying around somewhere I would LEAP on the chance to get that stone.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I contacted Gene and enquired about the roughs he still has, and luckily for me, he still has some 2-3ct which is what I have in mind and suit my budget and style.

Except for pearls, I cannot wear big stones, with 10mm diameter round or square cushion being the largest I would wear, for the time being at least. :Up_to_something:

S

SparkliesLuver

Oh, yay, DK! How awesome. Very excited for you! You'll have to start a thread when you begin the process. ;-)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

dk168|1422582645|3824166 said:
I contacted Gene and enquired about the roughs he still has, and luckily for me, he still has some 2-3ct which is what I have in mind and suit my budget and style.

Except for pearls, I cannot wear big stones, with 10mm diameter round or square cushion being the largest I would wear, for the time being at least. :Up_to_something:

Yay! That's great news. Is it a square or elongated piece? I can't wait to see it. Do you have a photo of the rough piece?
Welcome to the blue-green tourmaline sisterhood :lol:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock

dk168|1422582645|3824166 said:

Yay how exciting!! Please post lots of photos!! :appl:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gene is away at Tucson busy buying roughs I hope. :Up_to_something:

Therefore, it'll have to wait until he is back at base.

I have not started thinking about the setting yet, as I need to know the shape of the stone first. However, I have some ideas already if it is a square or rectangular cushion, radiant, or trillion.

At this rate, I am not getting a new tent this year for certain! :rolleyes:

DK :bigsmile:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

dk168|1422606584|3824331 said:
Gene is away at Tucson busy buying roughs I hope. :Up_to_something:

Therefore, it'll have to wait until he is back at base.

I have not started thinking about the setting yet, as I need to know the shape of the stone first. However, I have some ideas already if it is a square or rectangular cushion, radiant, or trillion.

At this rate, I am not getting a new tent this year for certain! :rolleyes:

No tent!!! :(
But now you have something to look forward to for 2016 AND you will have a fabulous stone and ring. :D
Wow, you already have ideas for a setting for every possible stone shape. You move fast DK!
Enjoy the process and I am anxiously awaiting the first photo's of your piece of rough and the stone. Will you choose the concave facets or the flat facets?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Acinom|1422657241|3824641 said:
No tent!!! :(
But now you have something to look forward to for 2016 AND you will have a fabulous stone and ring. :D
Wow, you already have ideas for a setting for every possible stone shape. You move fast DK!
Enjoy the process and I am anxiously awaiting the first photo's of your piece of rough and the stone. Will you choose the concave facets or the flat facets?

Without another job lined up for May 2015, it would be unwise to spend big money on a new tent package when my existing tent set up still works and the tent in good working order.

I have been a lurker on PS since 2004 when I was spec'ing for my 40th birthday present, and have collected many pics of diamonds, coloured stones, shapes and settings that I like ever since. Therefore, it does not take long to decide on a setting, just need to know the shape of the eventual cut stone.

I love concave facets, and if Gene believes they will be suitable, then I'll go with his advice. One thing I know for certain, it will not be a heart shaped stone, as he does not like cutting hearts, and I prefer hearts to be pink or red.

Jewellery was and still is, my biggest vice!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

DK: any news from Gene?

Ricezo: your setting is still planned to be finalised this week? I am so looking forward to see your beauty in YG.

Sparklieslover: how is your David Klass piece progressing?

S

SparkliesLuver

I believe it's coming along, Acinom. I emailed him about something else the other day and he responded and noted that my ring is setting and it looks gorgeous so far. Fingers crossed! Hopefully in another week or so it'll be finished. :D Can't wait!

How often are you wearing yours?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

SparkliesLuver|1423660902|3830795 said:
I believe it's coming along, Acinom. I emailed him about something else the other day and he responded and noted that my ring is setting and it looks gorgeous so far. Fingers crossed! Hopefully in another week or so it'll be finished. :D Can't wait!

How often are you wearing yours?

Yay! Looking forward to see yours set. So this week we have Ricezo's stone homecoming and then yours in another week :D
I have been wearing mine every day since I got it, but last Friday I picked up the Caysie set and I have been wearing the set since. Tonight I am invited for drinks and tours in a museum to celebrate the opening of a Rembrandt exhibition and I will wear the tourmaline tonight.

So, I have been wearing it quite often but I am very careful with it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results