shape
carat
color
clarity

The Precision Gem experience:a green-blue Afghan tourmaline!

S

SparkliesLuver

Re: The Precision Gem experience:a green-blue Afghan tourmal

How awesome. I cannot wait to see ricezo's, especially since hers is in YG!

Does it feel heavier on your finger than any of your other rings? It is a bit longer/taller so I was just curious. That's exciting that you've worn it so much already. :D I'm sure you are careful.

Enjoy your evening! Sounds delightful.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It feels bigger compared to my other rings but most definitely not heavier.

And well, I try to be very careful but we never hit our rings on purpose :lol:
But I try to be very conscious about it.

S

SparkliesLuver

Ah, okay. I suppose that makes more sense. :)

haha So true. Good point! :saint:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock

Acinom - your gorgeous tourmaline is the perfect accessory for an art exhibition! I'm glad its getting a lot of show time!

Sparkliesluver - I can't wait to see your ring! The CAD looked great and his work is so beautiful I'm sure your ring will be amazing!

I haven't heard from my jeweller since last Saturday but am hoping to have it by Valentine's Day. I did tell him there was no rush though as I know he's busy with v day orders so could be a bit longer. I can't wait to get it!! I can already see myself wanting to wear it everyday and I'm so clumsy very paranoid that I'll hit it on something :???:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

SparkliesLuver|1423668624|3830838 said:
Ah, okay. I suppose that makes more sense. :)

haha So true. Good point! :saint:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Reading through your post I had to laugh Ricezo. Because, well... Saturday is only a few days ago. But I totally recognize how exciting the final days and hours are before you get to see your new piece for the first time!!! I hope you get it on or before Valentine's day and I am hoping for an extensive thread with a lot of pics.

My ring enjoyed a bit of showtime yesterday evening:

_26945.jpg

_26946.jpg

S

SparkliesLuver

If I were there, I think I would have looked at your hand all night. :naughty: It really is gorgeous, Acinom. Does your husband mind that you wear it on that finger? Are all your rings sized for that finger? Just curious. Trying to recall your other pictures...

S

SparkliesLuver

ricezo said:
Acinom - your gorgeous tourmaline is the perfect accessory for an art exhibition! I'm glad its getting a lot of show time!

Sparkliesluver - I can't wait to see your ring! The CAD looked great and his work is so beautiful I'm sure your ring will be amazing!

I haven't heard from my jeweller since last Saturday but am hoping to have it by Valentine's Day. I did tell him there was no rush though as I know he's busy with v day orders so could be a bit longer. I can't wait to get it!! I can already see myself wanting to wear it everyday and I'm so clumsy very paranoid that I'll hit it on something :???:

Thank you, ricezo. I'm trying not to think about it but sometimes those thoughts creep in and I want to see it now! :lol:

Oh, okay. I can't wait until you get it, too! What finger/hand will you wear it on?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

SparkliesLuver|1423746763|3831310 said:
If I were there, I think I would have looked at your hand all night. :naughty: It really is gorgeous, Acinom. Does your husband mind that you wear it on that finger? Are all your rings sized for that finger? Just curious. Trying to recall your other pictures...

Thank you Sparkliesluver!

Where I live we do not quite have the same tradition in regard with wedding rings/ wedding sets. Most people wear a plain YG band on their right or left hand depending on your religion, but most people make their own decisions in this. A lot of people do not even wear a wedding ring OR they wear a ring that is not recognizable as a wedding ring. Until recently, engagement rings were somewhat nonexistent. Young couples now sometimes choose an engagement ring.

Sooo, people here (including my husband) do not care what ring you wear and on what finger. 8-) :lol:
All my CS stones and stackers are sized for my left hand and I wear my OEC (sometimes combined with simple band) on my right.

S

SparkliesLuver

Ah, okay. Excuse my naive question, then. :oops:

Some religions are like that here in the States. I find it all quite interesting.

That's great that you can wear whatever you want, however you want. Such freedom and options. :)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

SparkliesLuver|1423757041|3831354 said:
Ah, okay. Excuse my naive question, then. :oops:

Some religions are like that here in the States. I find it all quite interesting.

That's great that you can wear whatever you want, however you want. Such freedom and options. :)

I do not find it a naive question at all! I love all these differences in culture and tradition.
We do have a lot of freedom and options indeed but no guarantee to receive an engagement ring :lol: :lol: :lol:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock

SparkliesLuver|1423746906|3831311 said:
ricezo said:

Thank you, ricezo. I'm trying not to think about it but sometimes those thoughts creep in and I want to see it now! :D

Oh, okay. I can't wait until you get it, too! What finger/hand will you wear it on?

Haha Acinom that's so true! But my (im) patience has paid off! My ring is ready!!! I get to pick it up tomorrow! :D

Btw I love that you wear you rings however you like! If I had your collection, I would too!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock

Sparkliesluver's ring is amazing! I can't wait to see handshots!

Just picked up my ring and I am so inlove with it!! Here is a sneak peak :wavey:

_26978.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ricezo, your ring is gorgeous, thanks for sharing!

DK :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yay!!! It looks so big, fluid and beautiful Ricezo. And the yello against the green is :love: :love:
Would love to see a lot more pics. The ring looks so elegant on you and those double claws... I am so glad you have it on your finger and that you enjoy it.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks DK! I really hope you get your stone soon and join our Precision Gem green tourm family!

Acinom thank you for your kind words and support! I'm so happy to finally have it on my finger where it belongs! I've started my thread :wavey: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/precision-gem-green-tourmaline-ring.210658/#post-3832380#p3832380']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/precision-gem-green-tourmaline-ring.210658/#post-3832380#p3832380[/URL]

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Adding a green Precision Gem tourmaline sisterhood overview 8-)
This is how it started:

_27168.jpg

_27169.jpg

_27170.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

And the end results!!!

Clearly different rings, but there are lots of similarities:
- understated chique settings
- hardly or no diamonds
- polished metal
- classic with oomph (Ricezo's yellow gold, Sparliesluver's flowing shank, my tri wire shank with cuffs)
- double prongs
- the stone takes center stage

_27171.jpg

_27172.jpg

_27173.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Still life...

_27174.jpg

_27175.jpg

_27176.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful trio of green blue tourmalines!!! :love: :love: :love:

DK :bigsmile:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock

I love these comparison shots!! Thanks for posting Acinom! :love: :love: :love:

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you for compiling, Acinom. Seeing all these together makes me happy. :D Can't wait to add yours, DK. ;-)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Psssssssssst Acinom,

Gene has posted on PS today, so hopefully he'll get round to responding to his e-mails soon!

DK :))

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

dk168|1424369175|3834932 said:
Psssssssssst Acinom,

Gene has posted on PS today, so hopefully he'll get round to responding to his e-mails soon!

Yay! I indeed saw his posts 8-) . There is green and blue in our future DK!
Can you imagine we will have a line-up here of 4 gorgeous stones and rings :wavey:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Acinom|1424369786|3834940 said:
Can you imagine we will have a line-up here of 4 gorgeous stones and rings :wavey:

I hope so, and my fingers are firmly crossed!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

dk168|1424370759|3834948 said:
Acinom|1424369786|3834940 said:

I hope so, and my fingers are firmly crossed!

Mine too :appl: :appl: :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Picante's pre-loved Afghan Tourmaline by Gene Flanigan of Precision Gem.
Beautiful in red gold!
Picante: please post some real life pics when you have received your necklace from David Klass.

_731.png

_734.png

picante27

Shiny_Rock

Thank you for posting my necklace here, Acinom. I haven't had a chance to read thru this thread yet, but I will soon. I am drooling just glancing at the amazing jewelery here! :read: :drool: :love: I will update with my own pics when it arrives. From David's pics, it looks more green than it did before setting. Could be the lighting, or could be the rose gold. Here are a couple that I took outside on a sunny day

20150917_185651-1_0.jpg

20150917_173247_0.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oooh! Thanks for sharing the pics of your stone. It's stunning and I can clearly see the blue in your pics.
I love David's creative pics. The colors are not always accurate though. At least for my stones.
Hopefully you will receive your necklaces soon. I love the chains you have chosen for each pendant.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results