shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Fishie, ditto to everything everyone else said about finding a different doctor.

The problem with those good old days is that while some people did end up with 13 kids, they didn''t necessarily want that many and some people who wanted kids but weren''t able may have been able to get pregnant through current reproductive technologies. Plus, knowing how to time things can speed stuff along. My parents took 6-12 months to conceive each kid (and I know that those months were stressful for my mom) and we managed to get this bean in just 3. Part of it''s dumb luck, but part of it is knowing how to time it.

Pandora, hang in there. I typically get sore bbs just after O and it goes away about a week later. This time, it stuck around, but it''s still not constant. They''re not sore now, for example. And BFN 2 days before AF may not mean anything. I talked to a woman last week who mentioned that she was still getting BFNs when she was 8 weeks pregnant - how crazy is that?

On a different note, I didn''t realize that ladybugs are considered lucky. The ittsy-est baby ladybug landed on hubby sometime post-O and pre-BFP this time around. He noticed and showed it to me. How cool.
1.gif

radiantgirl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/11/2008 10:31:58 PM
Author: EBree

Date: 8/11/2008 10:16:27 PM
Author: Independent Gal
Just wanted to say sorry to everyone for the mini-thread-jack that got going there.
8.gif
I see how insensitive it was.

It won't happen again.

Indy, love, I didn't mean to make you (or anyone) feel bad. I just know, being in the middle of the process, how hard it can be.

I hope I didn't discourage any pregnant ladies from sticking around. We need your encouragement (and baby dust, darn it!).
Well said EBree. I was going to reply to the responses yesterday with some of whom were complaining about pg symptoms, not liking being pg, etc but wasn't have a good day and it definitely would not have come out as nicely as you put it. You, Mela Lu, and I have all experienced a loss (EBree - I know you've had two ((hugs))) so it's very difficult to hear pg people complain about being pg. I would take those symptoms any day and if it means for me to be sick the ENTIRE 9 months, so be it. At least I know that when I do get pg again, I know I will enjoy every symptom and entire journey whether good or bad because of what we have been through. There are some people who have never been pg and would just love to know what it feels like, so yes, please do be more considerate when complaining about being pg and be grateful that you get to carry life inside of you. Okay - enough about that...

EBree - Where are you in your cycle now? Are you guys actively trying now?

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry to hear your frustrations Fisher! My cycle has always been like clockwork (before the BC and during BC), but two years ago it came a week early (was on the pill and missed one that month, but doubled up the next day). I just happened to have my anual exam that week and went in to speak to my doctor about my early AF. She said it was perfectly normal to have one that''s shorter or longer once in a while and that it could be stress, etc.

She told me to see how things go the next month and to call if there were any problems. Well, the next month I didn''t get my AF at all which I thought was alarming esp. since I never missed a period in my life and I knew I wasn''t preggos (was getting married that year and was EXTRA careful). When I called to her about it, she still didn''t seem concerned and told me that these things can happen esp. since my pervious cycle was a bit screwy. So, I was told to wait it out one more cycle. When the next cycle came and went with no AF in site and my doctor not being responsive, I thought, "well, if you don''t care about my body lady, I do and I need answers!" So, I found someone new through one of my friend''s and she switched my pill - next month AF came a knock''n right on schedule and all was right with the world.

Sometimes you just need an answer and not having one can cause stress which could delay your period even longer. So, I would definitely go and get a second opinion. Just because these doctors know what''s going on and see this stuff day in and day out, doesn''t me that you shouldn''t get the answers you deserve.

Hang in there!!
5.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry Fisher, I would second getting another opinion. They don't seem to be being very helpful.

I hope things settle down soon. The only time my cycle ever went nuts was when they changed my BCP after that cancer scare thing in about 1994. I went from clockwork to having 14 day cycles, then 7 week cycles, AF lasting for 3 weeks at a time, you name it. I eventually stopped taking it to try and get my body normal which took a couple of cycles and then switched to a new brand.

It seems you don't need much to send things weird, but I would want a bit more input from a doctor at this point. I think half the problem is that we are a bunch of bright, intelligent women who do all we can to work things out before we go for help. Sadly, a lot of people tend to pick up the phone every 5 minutes for help for no good reason.

My father had a few of the first and a lot of the second amongst his patients. If the first rang, he would drop everything and see them as fast as possible, with the second they could wait for the next appointment.

You are so spot on about the irony of it all. I never dreamed I would ever be upset to see a BFN on a test.

Thanks Blenheim, right now I'm just feeling so stupid.

It's the whole combo of having all these weird symptoms - I can smell a cup of coffee at 100 paces - and a negative test.

I feel like I turned up here first month of trying and I am now probably winning the Most Imaginary Pregnancy Symptoms Of The Year award.
20.gif
You must all think I'm crazzeeeeee.

I mean, I EVEN thought about getting the loupe out to look at the last test.
23.gif

How the heck do you get BFN after 8 weeks - she must have been going nuts! Can you be PG with no hcg?

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/12/2008 8:52:07 AM
Author: Pandora II
I''m so sorry Fisher, I would second getting another opinion. They don''t seem to be being very helpful.

I hope things settle down soon.

You are so spot on about the irony of it all. I never dreamed I would ever be upset to see a BFN on a test.

Thanks Blenheim, right now I''m just feeling so stupid.

It''s the whole combo of having all these weird symptoms - I can smell a cup of coffee at 100 paces - and a negative test.

I feel like I turned up here first month of trying and I am now probably winning the Most Imaginary Pregnancy Symptoms Of The Year award.
20.gif
You must all think I''m crazzeeeeee.

23.gif

How the heck do you get BFN after 8 weeks - she must have been going nuts! Can you be PG with no hcg?

Don''t feel stupid Pandora! Hormones can make you do crazy things! We have scientists who can send people to the moon, and create cell phones that you can talk on and watch tv in your car, and still not figure out all this hormonal stuff. They are really complicated little buggars. The person to finally solve PMS deserves the Nobel Peace Prize(that would definitely make the world a peaceful place!) Hang in there and have a great day!
35.gif

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/12/2008 8:52:07 AM
Author: Pandora II
I''m so sorry Fisher, I would second getting another opinion. They don''t seem to be being very helpful.

I hope things settle down soon.

Thanks Blenheim, right now I''m just feeling so stupid.

It''s the whole combo of having all these weird symptoms - I can smell a cup of coffee at 100 paces - and a negative test.

20.gif
You must all think I''m crazzeeeeee.

23.gif

Awww Pandora - I was in the same boat as you last month! It was my first month of trying (although we didn''t do that great of a job since we were on vacation in Europe with my family and I wasn''t temping or charting. The only thing I went by was my EWCM, but we didn''t try everyday or every other like you''re supposed to. We were so jetlag and tired by the end of each day that it was hard - not to mention staying with parents, siblings and grandparents didn''t make TTC any easier.
20.gif

When Blen got her BFP and listed her symptoms, I swear I had all of them (she and I were on the same CD last month). I had light cramping around 5-8 DPO, bloating, lots of creamy CM and was more hungry than normal. It was soooo ironic that I ended up going home to POAS and came up with a BFN. Once I saw that, I knew I was out. Sure enough, my AF came just a few days later.

So, please don''t feel stupid. The pregnancy and AF symptoms are so much alike that it''s really hard not to think that way! This month, I''m going to wait unitl CD 30 (or at least try to
3.gif
) before testing so I don''t get too emtional about it.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
morning ladies!

i''ve been away since friday so there''s a lot to catch up on...

pandora: definitely NOT stupid. last month was our first month of TTC and even though I got sick, there was a *possibility* that I could have gotten pregnant. While I tried not to overanalyze every little symptoms, tinge, soreness - the symptoms for AFF are soooo similar to PG. it''s a cruel thing actually
11.gif
so hang in there!! you''ll know soon enough.

fisher: a second opinion sounds like a really good idea...

HIL: hope that uterus land has a new tenant
9.gif

ebree: good luck with the clomid. i''ve heard really successful things related to that drug, but I understand being wary! baby dust, baby dust, baby dust!!! and i think that your gentle reminder was perfect. everyone''s feelings regarding their pregnancy - either bad or good -- are completely valid, just better discussed at a safer distance from us TCC''ers
1.gif

blushing: how''s CD 11 treating you?

I''m at CD 11/12 depending on your counting methodology. i''ve previously been griping that my DH would be out of town this month during my O''date but as it turned out I had two days of high fertility (sat./sun)and two days of peak fertility (yesterday/today). it was a little tricky as I was up in NY having a mini-vacation at my mom''s - she lives out in the hamptons - tough to BD when with lots of family around, but somehow we managed
2.gif
so i guess i have a pretty early o time...now just have to sit back and think good thoughts...

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
BFN this morning. Le sigh. I feel like i''m out this cycle....AFF™ scheduled for Friday. I know I shouldn''t be too disappointed since I didn''t have any EWCM this month or any + OPK''s, but I still had hope. wahhhhh. Maybe I didn''t even ovulate!? (#$%^) Damn m/c aftermath. Urgh. Sorry to vent. Thanks. I''ll keep a shred of hope until AFF™...but only a wee lickle shred. Like, maybe a hair. One thin, limp, split end with roots.
39.gif

Pnadora - my cycle buddy. I''m so sorry for your BFN too. We can pretend to indulge in sushi and booze, while in a jacuzzi getting a massage. hmph. so there you darn hormones!!!

Fisher - I echo everyone''s thoughts. Second opinion. (((hugs)))

HIL - I feel optimistic for you! Keep us posted.

LovelyLuLu - so happy you got some good Dirtytime in!!! that sounds like a promising effort. "Babyspray" to you (thanks for that one Amber, you are the best at coming up with these things!)

Sorry not to shout out to y''all - I''m just hitting the top-of-mind peeps before I get down to work.

The good news is that my new granite countertops are being installed as I type. Hooray! My reno''s are the saving grace. At least it''s a positive distraction.

35.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pandora you are not crazy. My first month TTC I thought everything was a "sign"... I even thought my period was implantation spotting (it was very light) and went into great detail about its nature to see if anyone else agreed
20.gif
Siggghhhh the waiting sucks. I really hope this is it for you, and it could be because many women don't get a BFP until 16 DPO or even later! But if it isn't
39.gif
*knock wood* then you probably won't be quite as obsessive about symptoms next month...

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Mela - as you said to me yesterday, it''s not over till the fat fart sings... fingers crossed.

Thank you so much everyone for making me feel somewhat better.

I have just spent not a lot of $$ on the internet and am now the proud owner of a BBT thermometer, about 100 POAS test (hey, at 99p for 20
9.gif
) and other sundry items to assist my new obsessive hobby.
20.gif

I can now feel most indignant if AF doesn''t show up.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/12/2008 10:06:13 AM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
Pandora you are not crazy. My first month TTC I thought everything was a ''sign''... I even thought my period was implantation spotting (it was very light) and went into great detail about its nature to see if anyone else agreed
20.gif
Siggghhhh the waiting sucks. I really hope this is it for you, and it could be because many women don''t get a BFP until 16 DPO or even later! But if it isn''t
39.gif
*knock wood* then you probably won''t be quite as obsessive about symptoms next month...
Ooooh, I hadn''t thought of that one.

Ladies, if I show up here on Friday with ''potential'' implantation bleeding, you have my full permission to ask Andrey to suspend my account!

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
DD - Thanks for popping in! We''ve definitely been covering our bases this month...so we shall see. I''m just a bit disheartened at all the weirdo cycle stuffs. Feh. But yeah...we are doing everything we can on our end!

Pandora - Don''t feel stupid. Seriously. The hardest thing about this whole TTC thing is that you monitor EVERY SINGLE THING that could possibly be going on with your body. Our first month TTC I was super nauseated by smells, was bloated, tired, etc...all signs of PG...but of course. BFN. I think it is something everyone goes through - and, well, I''m still going through it! Believe it or not, at CD 16, I POAS''d because I was insanely bloated (like couldn''t wear my wedding ring bloated), tired, and super super emotional...and since my last period came so early...i thought maybe it was something other than a period. Of course, it was a BFN. So yeah...I''ve really come to believe that the only sign of prego I''m looking for is a BFP.

ChinaCat - I''m the former lawyer! I did some insurance coverage work for a really large firm and I also did some employment work. I was miserable at both. I am just not meant to be a lawyer - although I absolutely loved law school! As for jewelry making...well, it is something I''ve wanted to do for a while...so I decided to go for it...at least for a while. Who knows what I''ll actually be when I grow up.

Amber - I just don''t see the Phelps thing. Admittedly, he''d built like a greek god - but I just think he has such a monkey face! I said that to DH last night and he said I probably insulted some cute baby monkeys out there. Also, his ears are inherently disturbing to me.

Fisher - I''m sorry about your cycle and really think you need to get yourself a new doctor! That sort of treatment is awful...and gives doctors a bad name!

Oh, and I totally feel you on the irony. I remember the few times when I POAS''d in my pre-married life - I was scared to death that it would be positive, and that big sigh of relief when I got my BFN...my how things change!!!

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Mela - I''m sorry about your BFN as well. Don''t give up hope! It is still early.

As an aside, I am loving my nose ring! And DH really likes it too!!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
LL: I just had to pop in here for a sec on a quick drive by- I''m such a man- I don''t look at Phelps'' face! I told DH he has a horse face, but a body like a *rawr*! I totally agree with you.
1.gif
Monkey is definitely the better description!

happy in love

Shiny_Rock
Mela- I''m still holding out hope for you... remember, your DH has "supersperm"
3.gif
I got a BFN this morning too. I am feeling like you though, pretty sure I''m out this go around, but hanging on til I hear that singing.

Sorry for not replying to everyone these days, I''m trying for DH''s sake to not be so wrapped up in TTC and it seems like the more time I spend online the harder it is to "forget" about this whole process. I cannot however abandon this site, I love reading up on everyones stories, so know I am here to support my fellow TTCers, just not posting as much
2.gif

Hope everyone is hanging in there ok... our group keeps growing
36.gif
(welcome everyone!!!) and if we don''t get some BFP''s soon this thread is going to explode
23.gif

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/12/2008 11:09:28 AM
Author: AmberWaves
LL: I just had to pop in here for a sec on a quick drive by- I''m such a man- I don''t look at Phelps'' face! I told DH he has a horse face, but a body like a *rawr*! I totally agree with you.
1.gif
Monkey is definitely the better description!
LOL - I''m all about his bod!
18.gif
Yummy! But, I agree with both Amber and LL...he''s got a "butter face" (I realize that this phrase is used for women who have nice body''s and not so attractive faces...I don''t think there''s a slang word like that for males, so I''m just going with it
2.gif
).

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Ebree how''s the Clomid going?

I skipped that drug and went to injectables for diff. reasons than you. Although it was offered as first line TX.

Are you being monitored for follicles?

Are you doing an HCG trigger?

Are you doing IUI? What about progesterone support post-O?

Sometimes short LP can be treated by getting HCG boster shots after O (not that pricey or messy like $34 for a vial).

It makes your body think it''s pg. and thus stretches out LP.

My LP was so short like under 10 days.

After the FSH drugs/HCG the whole thing lengthened to normal.

Just wanted to give u a shout out b/c fert. drugs of any kind can be so challenging and not the norm in this group (which is good).

Lisa

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/12/2008 8:33:34 AM
Author: radiantgirl

Date: 8/11/2008 10:31:58 PM
Author: EBree

Date: 8/11/2008 10:16:27 PM
Author: Independent Gal
Just wanted to say sorry to everyone for the mini-thread-jack that got going there.
8.gif
I see how insensitive it was.

It won''t happen again.

Indy, love, I didn''t mean to make you (or anyone) feel bad. I just know, being in the middle of the process, how hard it can be.

I hope I didn''t discourage any pregnant ladies from sticking around. We need your encouragement (and baby dust, darn it!).
Well said EBree. I was going to reply to the responses yesterday with some of whom were complaining about pg symptoms, not liking being pg, etc but wasn''t have a good day and it definitely would not have come out as nicely as you put it. You, Mela Lu, and I have all experienced a loss (EBree - I know you''ve had two ((hugs))) so it''s very difficult to hear pg people complain about being pg. I would take those symptoms any day and if it means for me to be sick the ENTIRE 9 months, so be it. At least I know that when I do get pg again, I know I will enjoy every symptom and entire journey whether good or bad because of what we have been through. There are some people who have never been pg and would just love to know what it feels like, so yes, please do be more considerate when complaining about being pg and be grateful that you get to carry life inside of you. Okay - enough about that...
Aw...I''m sorry Radiantgirl...I feel awful that I may have contributed in making you feel awful.

I do have a question for you ladies, and I mean this sincerely and won''t be offended in the slightest if the answer is an affirmative.

I''ve been following this thread lightly, but last night I decided to read up on it a bit more thoroughly (for reasons I''ll mention in a minute). It''s obvious that you women share a special bond as you go through TTC. In fact, I now understand better why DD started the barely preggo thread when she did (I missed that part as at the time I wasn''t reading this thread). You guys cheer for each other here and encourage each other and that bond doesn''t go away when you get pregnant, hence being more "comfortable" here (or with each other) than going over to another thread with different folks.

Anyway, my point is that you all seem tight knit...so it is kind of annoying when some of us with kids (or preggo) come here to cheer you on and encourage you? Do we come across as trite? I''m not sure I''m coming across the right way here, but I guess what I am saying is I would hate to be inadvertently getting on someone''s nerves by cheering someone on when I''ve never been in their shoes. The TTC thread was not around when the many of the ladies who are currently on the mommy thread got pregnant.

I have a friend who has been trying for 5 years. She feels comfortable talking to me about it, but I don''t really nose into it if she doesn''t bring it up, nor do I say stuff like "I know it will happen for you" because I think that makes her feel worse. So I''m wondering if it''s the same kind of thing here.

I hope I haven''t opened up a can of worms by asking this, but I am very engrossed in hoping all of you conceive and do check in more often now, but would be happy being a total lurker if you are more comfortable with your camaraderie without interruption.

OK, on a different note, why I was reading this thread. Well, I was curious as to what a "jerkstore" was. I did find the post explaining this, and boy, I was way off in my theory. I thought you guys called each other that when you got the BFP because that meant you were successful in storing jerk-off.
3.gif
38.gif
20.gif
1.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Just to make this quick comment, didn't read all of TG's comment:

We love it when you guys come in to cheer us on! Sometimes, though, it gets hard when people tell me to stop doing something, or do something differently, or "I did it this way", because I get it in real life, which just kills me. Usually I'm quick to joke and laugh, but this is harder than I thought! (Which I'm meaning not YOU in singular, just people in general- I get this more IRL than on here)

ETA: Ew about the jerkstore.
14.gif

ETAA: Now that I fully read what you wrote: it feels great to have people who have been/are pregnant come in and give us hope. Like you said, saying "It will happen for you" is a very sensitive thing, because sometimes, it DOESN'T. Not saying that's going to happen to any of us here at all, but if I had to keep hearing that I'd end up losing it. To be honest, there is nothing I like more than hearing people cheer me on, I'm conceited like that, and I REALLY do appreciate the comments former pregnoids leave for us here. A little bit of rooting goes a long way, I think. Even someone piping in when you're at your lowest, with yet ANOTHER month of a big fat negative to crash the party- with a sweet "I hope things get easier" can make you feel so much better, like people understand. *holy run-on sentence, batman!*

It's almost similar to the LIW who "just want support, not a solution" although I'd probably sell my hair for a solution.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/12/2008 12:15:05 PM

We love it when you guys come in to cheer us on! Sometimes, though, it gets hard when people tell me to stop doing something, or do something differently, or 'I did it this way', because I get it in real life, which just kills me. Usually I'm quick to joke and laugh, but this is harder than I thought!
Amber, I think you have hit it on the head about what can hurt when preggos and moms come here to talk about TTC, and I have certainly been guilty of that myself, so sorry! I was thinking about how I felt when I read such comments, and I felt exactly like you.

I really love following this thread since so many of you are my friends, so from now on I will keep my comments to cheering and answering goo-related questions as much as possible!
3.gif

ETA Ditto about TGal's interpretation of "jerkstore"!! That is truly truly gross. I am truly truly impressed with TGal's disgusting mind, I think she gets a prize.

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
DD, I totally am not calling people out, we love having you guys here, and I can totally understand how you're now just full of things to share, and wanting to be upbeat for us here- it's kind of like Fight Club:

Rules of TTClub (Again, NOT directed towards ANYONE- "YOU" is collective YOU):

1.) Try not to talk about hating pregnancy so much as it feels like the girl who got a Camry for her 16th but wanted a BMW. We love you guys, anyway. (But I will be forced to take all your babies and raise them as a basketball team.)
2.) Don't tell me to stop thinking about it and it will happen (I tried that with LOVE, but damn as I had to HUNT down DH to find him!)
3.) Don't tell me I'm overreacting and planning too much
4.) Don't talk about TTClub
5.) We all hope our time here is short
6.) No biting or hits to the face or hair.

Honestly: this was all posted in JEST, because if I don't do something other than stick my hands in my crotch and feel around like a freakin' puppeteer I may go insane.

Erica: No need to apologize, we want everyone welcome here.

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/12/2008 12:15:05 PM

We love it when you guys come in to cheer us on! Sometimes, though, it gets hard when people tell me to stop doing something, or do something differently, or 'I did it this way', because I get it in real life, which just kills me. Usually I'm quick to joke and laugh, but this is harder than I thought! (Which I'm meaning not YOU in singular, just people in general- I get this more IRL than on here)

ETA: Ew about the jerkstore.
14.gif

ETAA: Now that I fully read what you wrote: it feels great to have people who have been/are pregnant come in and give us hope. Like you said, saying 'It will happen for you' is a very sensitive thing, because sometimes, it DOESN'T. Not saying that's going to happen to any of us here at all, but if I had to keep hearing that I'd end up losing it. To be honest, there is nothing I like more than hearing people cheer me on, I'm conceited like that, and I REALLY do appreciate the comments former pregnoids leave for us here. A little bit of rooting goes a long way, I think. Even someone piping in when you're at your lowest, with yet ANOTHER month of a big fat negative to crash the party- with a sweet 'I hope things get easier' can make you feel so much better, like people understand. *holy run-on sentence, batman!*

It's almost similar to the LIW who 'just want support, not a solution' although I'd probably sell my hair for a solution.
Hi T-Gal!
35.gif
I agee with Amber in that when you lovely ladies join us over here and offer advice and encouragement, that it is most welcome and I would imagine most of us feel this way. When you chime in on something that we might be questioning like for example, I had a short luteal phase 3 cycles ago and someone came over and said that they went through the same thing and got preggos with short luteal phase...that to me was reassuring!
5.gif

I can kind of see why it's hard to approach your friend IRL about her status on trying, etc., but I think it's easier for us to speak so openly to one another because this is a forum. To be honest, I think I'd feel 100 times worse seeing a BFN without all the knowledge I've gained from this thread and without all of you going through the same thing I am. At least I don't feel so "abnormal" thinking that it just magically happens to everyone else exactly when they want it to happen, because obviously what I've learned here is that it's just not the case.
2.gif

So please keep coming here...keep lurking and definitely keep posted. We love your support!
5.gif

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/12/2008 12:26:49 PM
DD, I totally am not calling people out, we love having you guys here, and I can totally understand how you''re now just full of things to share, and wanting to be upbeat for us here- it''s kind of like Fight Club:

Rules of TTClub (Again, NOT directed towards ANYONE- ''YOU'' is collective YOU):

1.) Try not to talk about hating pregnancy so much as it feels like the girl who got a Camry for her 16th but wanted a BMW. We love you guys, anyway. (But I will be forced to take all your babies and raise them as a basketball team.)
2.) Don''t tell me to stop thinking about it and it will happen (I tried that with LOVE, but damn as I had to HUNT down DH to find him!)
3.) Don''t tell me I''m overreacting and planning too much
4.) Don''t talk about TTClub
5.) We all hope our time here is short
6.) No biting or hits to the face or hair.

Honestly: this was all posted in JEST, because if I don''t do something other than stick my hands in my crotch and feel around like a freakin'' puppeteer I may go insane.

Erica: No need to apologize, we want everyone welcome here.
OMG AMBER!!! ROTFL!!!!
9.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
We stick around because we love you ladies, and I know none of us meant anything (I actually thought that convo WAS on the preggo thread!), but I totally understand why it was hurtful to you guys. I feel so bad and will make SURE in the future to keep the threads separate. So a big old "I'm sorry!" to you fabulous ladies!

We'll keep the cheering squad up though for sure.
1.gif

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Ok since I was around for the original "Jerkstore" creation I'll share w/ TGAL.

Have u guys noticed the crude and immoral and X-rated stuff we come up with?

Mela was on this thread for like 5 hrs. and discovered she was knocked-up!

She tried apologizing for her fertileness - ha! To, I think DD & Indy, and said something to the effect of

"It's not like you need Jerkstores like me around getting pg. so quickly"

Mela should really explain in depth the genesis of it. Started from friends in NJ.

Jerkstore = duh, I'm pg. and didn't really try.

Jerkstore = I'm pg.

Jerkiosk = a little bit preggo, is that possible?

Jerksupermarket, Jerkdepot, Jerksuperstore, Jerkdepartment store = anyone who has gone to extreme-lengths to obsess about, talk about or whine about TTC.

ETA - Ahhh found it!
re: "Jerkstore" - My best friend and her younger siblings invented this as a polite 'insult' years ago. It stuck. It's such a goodie and I highly encourage it's usage. LOL. It's a keeper for sure (from Mela a looong time ago)

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/12/2008 1:49:52 PM
Author: lisa1.01fvs1
Ok since I was around for the original ''Jerkstore'' creation I''ll share w/ TGAL.

Have u guys noticed the crude and immoral and X-rated stuff we come up with?

Mela was on this thread for like 5 hrs. and discovered she was knocked-up!

She tried apologizing for her fertileness - ha! To, I think DD & Indy, and said something to the effect of

''It''s not like you need Jerkstores like me around getting pg. so quickly''

Mela should really explain in depth the genesis of it. Started from friends in NJ.

Jerkstore = duh, I''m pg. and didn''t really try.

Jerkstore = I''m pg.

Jerkiosk = a little bit preggo, is that possible?

Jerksupermarket, Jerkdepot, Jerksuperstore, Jerkdepartment store = anyone who has gone to extreme-lengths to obsess about, talk about or whine about TTC.
LOL, has anyone been classed as a Jerkmall yet or is that option up for grabs?
27.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
I''d like to take up residence as JerkSwapMeet.

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 10:11:49 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie

If anyone is looking for something to do in the Knitting Club, then I recommend trolling the forums over at TCOYF Although it can be depressing at times because there are a lot of women on there who are dealing with infertility, there is also a lot of really great information. e.g., How to increase your EWCM Just thought I''d throw that out there!

I am approaching the door of the knitting club, I think I either O''d today or will O in the next couple of days.

ETA: Here is something interesting I also found on the TCOYF board:

''I''ve spewed statistics around here since I started posting about how long it takes to conceive. I''ve always quoted one study that I saw the results of. It was a study that had otherwise healthy couples, where the woman had regular cycles of reasonable length. They bd''d during the fertile period. Of those couples, 50% conceived in 6 months, 82% in one year, and 91% in 2 years, all without medical intervention.

But, then I decided to do a poll here to see how long it took the people we all chat with every day. I''ve asked that only people who conceived with no medical aid (clomid, progesterone supplementation, iui, ivf, etc.) respond. Here is the poll:

http://www.ovusoft.com/forum/tm.asp?m=456705

With 205 responses so far, here are the stats. I will update these numbers as more respond:

Conceived within 6 months: 61%
Conceived within 12 months: 80%
Conceived within 24 months: 94%
Took longer than 24 months: 6%

They match up reasonably well with the scientific study so far. I hope this will give some hope for those of you who thought it would happen sooner. If you''ve been trying for a few months (or longer), there is no indication that there is something wrong, just because you are not pg yet.''
OK apparently I obsess over here eventhough I''m not TTC at the moment.

I stumbled on some of DD''s wisdom and thought it might help.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
I'm feeling very emotional right* now and just want to say "I LOVE YOU GALS!"
(*due to AFF™? or due to PG? Alas, the agony continues...)

Such a great forum. So funny, informative, honest and open. Thank you to EVERYONE for contributing and making it what it is today!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

re: Jerkstore. Apparently it originated from Seinfeld, but I had given the cred to my BFF for years! LOL.

also includes:
Jerkstore = Pregnant with twins (Indy!!!!!!)
9.gif

ETA: Agreed! Amber. OMG - puppeteer!!!!! HAHA. It's TOO true! Espesh when I catch myself "checking" in random parts of the house because I'm alone!!!! WTF!!!!! What has become of me!?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results