shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

I'm sorry Bberry - I have taken Provera a few times before. I hope it doens't cause you to be quite as crazy as it does me. I'm not sure if you've taken it before, but I call it "PMS in a bottle" - although the last time I took it didn't seem to be nearly as bad as the times before.

MTG - This is our 4th cycle too. It's just difficult to see EVERYONE I know succeeding immediately. Kind of makes me wonder about the supposed rise in fertility problems :cheeky:

Bella - you said it well! I will continue to follow your adoption thread :appl:

I'm glad you enjoyed your snow day Lliang_chi - sounds like a fun and productive day - the best kind! :) I will have my fingers crossed for you for a shorter cycle - I know what it's like :nono:

I'm on CD 24 over here and busily imagining phantom pregnancy symptoms - that could also be PMS symptoms. I tend to have long and unpredictible cycles, so I think I will try to wait to test until next Thursday which would be day 31. I had some very very light spotting about 4-5 days ago, which I"m trying not to convince myself could be implantation spotting. It's so difficult not getting my hopes up.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock

I just wrote a big reply that got deleted! grrrr :nono:

I will try to reply again later - basically I am on CD 24 and busily imagining phantom pregnancy symptoms.. My cycles tend to be pretty long so I will try to wait until next Thursday (CD 31) to test.

LauraLoo

Rough_Rock

Hi Ladies!

Taking a break from shoveling snow :angryfire: to check in and say hello. I’m on CD 13 today, gearing up for the big O. I started temping/charting this cycle, it’s really interesting and kind of fun! Yes, I am a total geek.

LC – Yay for a nice relaxing snow day! So, are you officially TTC now?

MTG – Sorry about AF, better luck next month!

PP – Keeping everything crossed for you!

Katy – Welcome! Hope you are having a great time (and getting KU) on your trip! Looks like we are cycle buddies this month. Hope we both wrap up February with BFPs!

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock

Hi ladies,
Congratulations to all the BFP's we've had in the past few weeks...and hugs to those who are still hoping.

Sadly, I think I'm going to be neurotic about this whole process. :rolleyes: I went out and bought TCOYF, and read it cover to cover. This is my first cycle off of BCP and it may be partly because I'm starting to obsess about it, but I think my cycle is going to be wacky (and long) this month. I'm on CD24 with no sign of O yet, and cm has been kind of sporadic. I've been charting manually each morning so since we're on snow day #2 I'll create an account on FF and see what happens.

Quick thermometer question...the basal thermometer I bought measures temp to the 1/100th degree and I believe the book suggested always recording the lower 1/10th degree...but does that mean if my temp is 97.18 I should record it as 97.1? I've been handwriting my temps so I can adjust my chart if needed, but I've been rounding them up or down. Leave it to me to complicate things. :naughty:

I haven't been feeling well lately though...I've had weird (but not horrible) uncomfortable feelings in my stomach for the past two weeks or so on and off. I called my ob/gyn and the nurse told me it was probably just an effect of coming off the BCP, and probably not the prenatal vitamins I've started taking. She said to keep an eye on it...but I'm not sure when/if it may become a problem...I'm going to see my general practitioner tomorrow for a checkup so I wonder if she'll have any insight for me. Part of me is wrestling with the frustration that I should have stopped my BCP earlier...I asked the gyn a year ago and he told me to stay on it until we were ready to TTC...but now I'm worried that we'll have to wait even longer if things don't start getting themselves in gear. I hope I'm overreacting. :twirl: Until then, fingers crossed and sticky vibes for everyone else, and I'll try to focus on our upcoming weekend in Vegas. Maybe we'll be ready to go when we get back. =)

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock

Thanks Pumpkin and liang! The adoption thread is so exciting, I'm so glad that you pop over there sometimes:) :wavey:

We're waiting until B is home before actively TTC again (aka really intentionally since of course we are trying to hit "the good time" each month still ;)) ).

When we do get back on the official TTC wagon, I think we'll be starting off with some testing. DH is convinced his swimmers aren't swimming and although my cycles are like clockwork, this cycle I randomly got a ton of EWCF on what I believe was 9 and 10 DPO. AF is expected tomorrow on 12 DPO, so we'll see what on earth is going on. I think my body just likes to mess with me :rolleyes:

I think it's about time for another round of BFPs! They tend to come in clusters, so here's hoping February has a lot!!!!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Laura, re: officially TTC... I dunno half yes, half no. (I'm the yes half ;)) ) We're half-a$$ing it until our ski trip the first weekend in March. After that, I'll remind DH that we're supposed to really try. Although I don't know how in-love I'd be with the idea of a winter baby. After our blizzard yesterday, I'd be scared to death to be snowed in and full term :errrr:

Pumpkin, I hear ya on the long cycles... :nono: I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. Bella's right we need a new batch of BFPs, I'm hoping you'll lead the charge :cheeky:

BB, sorry about the Provera. but at least you'll get the reset to start again next cycle.

Irish, I think you should just pick a method and stay consistent through the whole cycle. The general idea you want is to get a pattern, so if you're consistent through the whole cycle, then you'll still have a true pattern. I'm on my 2nd cycle post-HBC, and I've been having some crazy long cycles too. So I hear ya on the anxiety post-HBC. Also the tummy problems can be from the prenatals. Some ppl's GI system don't react too well to iron supplements, and prenatals have more iron than standard multivitamins. You should probably avoid taking it on an empty stomach, that should help.

~LC

Octavia

Ideal_Rock

Irish, my BBT records to the nearest 1/100 too, and I record in FF exactly what show up on the thermometer. It seems to work fine, you just have to remember not to stress too much if today's reading is slightly off from yesterday's...at first, I was like, "oh, I got a 97.34 yesterday and a 97.52 today, I wonder what that means?" Really, it means...not much at all. When I O'd, my temperature shot up about 3/4 of a degree, and when AF came, it fell about half a degree. Other than that, fluctuations are normal, they just look more impressive when you track to 1/100 than they really are. I think it could be more confusing if you track manually, but FF is well-equipped to handle it. Hope that helps!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock

PumpkinPie|1296755340|2841945 said:
I just wrote a big reply that got deleted! grrrr :nono:

I will try to reply again later - basically I am on CD 24 and busily imagining phantom pregnancy symptoms.. My cycles tend to be pretty long so I will try to wait until next Thursday (CD 31) to test.

apparently my response only appeared to be deleted - how perplexing! :)

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock

Hi everybody.

9 DPO, and crossing finguers for a BFP on monday :saint: . How is everybody doing? Anybody on the 2WW?

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Irish, very excited for you to TTC! As far as the temp stuff goes the echo everyone else, pick what is easiest for you and be consistent. Don't let the BBT control your life though, I did b/c my BBT almost never changes. My MD says that some women are just like that.

Ok CD 44 and nothing. And, to add to my stress level, a pipe in the condo next to ours burst and flooded the entire building.

charbie

Ideal_Rock

gaby06|1296836635|2842900 said:
Hi everybody.

9 DPO, and crossing finguers for a BFP on monday :saint: . How is everybody doing? Anybody on the 2WW?

squeee- good luck!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock

gaby06|1296836635|2842900 said:
Hi everybody.

I don't know if or when I O - but I am on CD 25 and hoping to test sometime at the end of next week since my cycles tend to be 30-33 days long (when they're not being crazy and lasting 50+days long, that is...)

My fingers are crossed for you for a BFP on Monday!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

BB hugs about the plumbing problems. That sucks!

Pumpkie, Gaby, BB, keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock

Morning

Just peeking my head round the door to say hello. I haven't been on the threads for several weeks now but have been lurking from afar. Trying to get into the right head space again as I was getting a bit too obsessed with the ttc madness which then gets you down, so hopefully with the days getting longer, January blues now over and spring on it's way, new life will happen for us all.

Po
x

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock

Hi ladies! Thanks for the good luck wishes. We're back from vacation, and hopefully brought back a souvenir more special than this pretty pendant I'm wearing! The romantic setting had us more marathon-y BD wise than any time since we got married, hahaha. We managed CD 9, 10, 11, 14 and 15, so I'm hoping that we have a decent shot at it even though we missed 12 and 13.. we were so tired from the sun those days that we passed out well before we meant to, one day even laying crosswise on the bed!

Laura, exciting to have a cycle buddy!!! I hope we both have good news this month, although I must admit my own pessimism... it seems way too good to be true to be a first-try lady. :)

MTG, sorry about AF. What a tease! If it was an early MC, maybe it means you'll be extra fertile and this will be your month!

LC, it's only a few weeks til March!! :naughty: Is your ski trip toward the beginning or end of the month??

Pumpkin Pie - Fingers crossed for a nice bold BFP for you! I'll be crazy in my head about possible preggo signs in the coming weeks, so I can only imagine what you're going through. *hugs*

WOIN, best of luck having some more peace with your decision to TTC. After the third time we BDd on vacation I had a freakout moment of "OMG! What are we DOING?! If we don't have any more sex, maybe we won't get KU and we can have some more time to ourselves to sort out our lives!" Then I realized that we can handle it, and even more than that we'll be great parents, so I just have to be terrified and excited all at once. So best of luck! Maybe we'll have a rash of February conceptions? :)

Blackberry - Sorry about the flood :(( And especially about the confusing long cycle... what a stinky and confusing situation. I hope it resolves soon with a BFP... or at least the chance to start fresh!

Gaby - I'm in the TWW! Barely... I expect I O'd around the 4th, though I don't chart yet so I'm not certain... and between the BDing and the hours I spent in the pool, hard to tell if the CF was there as per usual. Good luck!!! I hope this is your month!

Irish - hope things regulate for you soon. This whole TTC process has me glad I never used hormonal BC, and that I am fairly regular in spite of it! I'm sure you'll be okay... it usually doesn't take too long, plus I have several friends who got KU while on BC, so it can't be too much of a deterrent right?! haha ;))

Err... and in general, I apologize for my exclamation point addiction. It's a serious problem and I'm working on it. :tongue:

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock

Katy - Good luck in the 2WW. What a lovely souvenir that would be for you both :appl:

by the way - for any Canadian TTC-ers: I have been looking for dollar store pregnancy tests for awhile but finally found some - at Dollarama. 1.25$ each.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock

Where is everybody? :confused:

Gaby - did you test today?

I'm still trying to hold off until Thursday. Today is CD 28 - no signs of AF yet which is kind of unusual for me as I tend to spot for at least a few days before it starts. My breasts are starting to get a bit tender, I've been noticing a lot (TMI :cheeky: ) of extra discharge, and I haven't really felt like eating and been a bit icky/nauseous today. But I know how easy it is to imagine phantom symptoms so I"m trying to stay reasonable!

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock

Im with you, PP, where is everyone? It's so unlike us neurotic TTCers to be so quiet!

Eeeee your symptoms sound so prooomisiiiiiing! I don't know if I could wait if I were you!! I hope this is it!! :bigsmile:

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock

Katy - I did break down this morning and test - CD 29 and a BFN. I tend to have longer cycles so I'm hoping that I'm not out of the game yet..

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock

I'm coming back later for a longer post.

But, I tested today with a negative result. My temp was 98.38 (still high) and I usually start spotting on 11DPO and get a full Period at 12 DPO. Today I'm 13 DPO and no AF or + test eather. Can we have a longer DPO? I'm confused :???:

PP, sorry for the negative, still crossing the finguers for you.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

I'm so far behind in this thread--I decided to take a step back since TTC sort of took a turn toward the direction of "not happening right away" due to circumstances outside of our control. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all of you ladies in the 2WW!!

PP, I'll definitely be checking in this week for any updates from you!

Gaby, did you test yesterday?

BB, Boo to long cycles!! I think this cycle may be long and wonky for me, too. So frustrating.

Katy, welcome (if I didn't welcome you earlier). It's always nice seeing new faces in this thread!

Bella_Mezzo and LTP, it's so great seeing you ladies in this thread. I was still lurking when you were both posting regularly and I was cheering you on so much. I still am! Bella, I'm so excited for this adoption, you are going to be such an amazing mom.

LC, Po, Octavia, MTG and anybody else I forgot, I hope you're all doing well!

AFM: I think stress has caused this cycle to go off course. Byron was in ICU for 2 weeks with an infection in January and we nearly lost him multiple times. He's now back home, but is in very bad shape. Caring for him is too much for one person (due to his size), so we're both modifying our work schedules to take care of him. We are trying one last medication as a last-ditch effort to help him, but the neurologist told us he's not hopeful, so after this week I think we're going to seriously need to consider putting him down. We knew his condition would worsen and he likely wouldn't make it past a year, but it's only been 4 months. I'm such a Debbie Downer, so sorry, but all of this has definitely put a damper on TTC. I was using OPK strips this cycle, but getting odd faint positives each day, which I assumed meant my LH was just higher this month in general. I stopped testing since I just didn't really care, then suddenly got EWCM on Saturday, which was CD26, I think. I typically O on CD19, so I have no idea what is happening this cycle.

Also, remember how my old boss called me and asked me if I'd consider interviewing for a position on his team? I did, but they are interviewing several candidates and it's taking FOREVER. I think he last first-round interview is scheduled for next week? And THEN they will move on to second-round interviews. I'm happy with my current job (the one that allows you to go part-time for 3 months after taking maternity leave), so at this point I'm going to focus on TTC without worrying about the other job. If it works out, great, if not, I'm happy where I am.

So to wrap up this me-centric post, I'm hoping that soon all of this stress will be behind us and we can focus on TTC. I'd love to be able to put the money back into savings that we needed for Byron's care, but it's not a dealbreaker for me. I think we're ready and if we start trying in the next couple of months, I think we can still take one last summer vacation.

ETA: PP and BB, I was posting as you both were. So sorry about your BFNs, but still holding out hope!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

Hi Ladies! I'm BA-ACK! I got the unfortunate news last week that I was miscarrying at 5 wks. I am dealing with it ok. I had somewhat prepared myself for it considering my history of them before I had my son. It still sucks though as I am sure you can imagine. I am going to meet with my Dr. on Thursday to discuss next steps and see when we can try again. I'm hoping for the green light for this month without having to wait a month inbetween but we will see what he says. My best friend called me and told me she was expecting this week amidst all of this. I am so happy for her, but it just made me sadder for my loss. She completely understood.

Gaby and PP, keep the hope alive. No AF could just mean that you implanted later and that is why your tests are still showing negative. Give it a day or two and try again.

NE Lady, sorry to hear about Byron. Pets are like children and I know it must be so hard on you. I think you are right on with just going with the flow on the new job. If you are happy with your current job, then no need to add the stress. I'm hoping the stress can lessen for you and you can start TTC soon. It will be such a positive distraction for you and something to look forward to.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Lizzy, I saw your thread here about your loss. I'm sorry, I hope your Dr tells you to get back on trying this month. Blen got her BFP quite soon after she had an early loss too.

NEL, I'm sooo sorry to hear about Byron. ;( I'm really hoping the big guy gets better soon. I hope you hear about that position, but it sounds like you're in a good spot.

Looks like January is the month for long cycles. Pumpkin, NEL, Gaby, BB and I all are having long ones this month...

Katy, how's th 2WW going? My ski trip is the first weekend in March, so effectively this is the last month of half-trying. :)

Scarlet, speaking of skiing, you been yet? We're hitting Jackson Hole. I'm looking at getting new skis too. I told DH, "I'm getting skis, NOT boots, so if I get preggers and my feet expand, I won't have to buy a NEW pair of boots." He just shook his head.... :bigsmile:

BB, Gaby, any changes?

AFM, CD 22, not much going on. Noticing some clear CF, but that's it, no EWCM. No temp shift for O'ing yet either, but last time I don't think it happened till CD28 or so. So much for my hope for a shorter cycle this time 'round.

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Lizzy: So sorry about your news, sending you big hugs!

I checked my calendar today and I am actually on CD 51. I am on day 5 of provera and nothing has happened. I keep having this sickening idea that I actually am pregnant and I am hurting my baby. I know this is crazy b/c I took 6 test before I began the provera but I can't help but worry. Adding to it, with all the stress of the flood and damage to our house AF is never going to show up!

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

PumpkinPie|1297176823|2846540 said:
Katy - I did break down this morning and test - CD 29 and a BFN. I tend to have longer cycles so I'm hoping that I'm not out of the game yet..

Crossing fingers for you!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

Hi LC, still having the long cycles huh? Maybe after your ski trip when you start full on trying things will speed up a little for you. I am actually looking into a booking a trip myself. I like having something to plan and look forward to plus it keeps me busy while waiting to TTC again.

Hi blackberry, if you are really worrying yourself about the possibility of being pregnant, call your Dr. and ask them to get a beta hcg drawn. It's just a simple blood test and if it will put you at ease, I would recommend it. Sorry about the flood to your house. how much damage was there? A friend of mine just went thru something like this right before her wedding and luckily everything is all fixed now and her house looks even better than before. Good Luck!

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

lizzyann01|1297213743|2847063 said:
Hi LC, still having the long cycles huh? Maybe after your ski trip when you start full on trying things will speed up a little for you. I am actually looking into a booking a trip myself. I like having something to plan and look forward to plus it keeps me busy while waiting to TTC again.

Hi blackberry, if you are really worrying yourself about the possibility of being pregnant, call your Dr. and ask them to get a beta hcg drawn. It's just a simple blood test and if it will put you at ease, I would recommend it. Sorry about the flood to your house. how much damage was there? A friend of mine just went thru something like this right before her wedding and luckily everything is all fixed now and her house looks even better than before. Good Luck!

Our brand new floors have to be replaced in our kitchen, living room, laundry room and bathroom. The stress right now is trying to get the right people to take care of it and pay for it! I will call my MD in the morning. Thanks for the advice!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock

Gaby - I'm sorry for the confusion today. What CD are you on? I hope you get your BFP tomorrow!

NEL - welcome back to the thread - I'm sorry to hear about your Byron. You both must be so sad. Good luck with getting back on track with TTC in the coming months.

LizzyAnn - I followed your miscarriage news on the other thread. I'm so sorry that you're experiencing this loss, but we're glad to have your presence back among us, though for unfortunate reasons. I hope your dr. doesn't give you any reasons to prevent you from trying again this month.

Lliang_chi - I'm sorry that you're not having a much shorter cycle this time around. It still might end up being a few days shorter I hope. I know what it's like to struggle with 40 and 50 day cycles

Blackberry - the first time I took Provera, I didn't have any bleeding until about 9-10 days after taking the first one. I hope that things start happening for you soon. It wasn't a fun experience for me at all :nono:

Thanks for the crossed fingers Blackberry. I'm not sure if I'm continuing to generate pseudo-symptoms in my mind, but my breasts are getting increasingly sore, I have a lot of cramping but no spotting (quite unusual for me - the no-spotting thing.), and my entire body feels exhausted - like I just did 3 hours of yoga and ran a 10k exhausted or like I have the flu exhausted. But maybe I am getting the flu - there are people sick at work and I have had some cold symptoms for a few days too. Who knows! :) I will test again on Thursday which will be CD 31

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

BB, great advice from lizzy, of course! She's such a smarty. :)

Lizzy, are you planning a vacation or a ski trip? I'm SOOOO looking forward to my trip. I told DH that I want to buy new skis and he was like "Um, shouldn't you wait until after we start a family since we won't be skiing much until then." I keep having to remind him, there's no way in h*ll I'm giving up skiing permanently unless I'm ordered by a medical professional!

Pumpkin, keeping my fingers crossed for you! You're not out of the running yet. :)

LauraLoo

Rough_Rock

Happy hump day TTCers!

Lizzy – So so sorry for your loss. ;( You seem to be handling it very well, all things considered. It’s great to see you back here so soon (well, not really, but ya know….). Hope your dr gives you the green light for this month.

Gaby & PP – Still crossing my fingers for you!

NEL – Great to see you again! I’m so sorry about Byron – I can’t even imagine having to go through that.

Katy – Glad you had a great trip! For me, the first 2ww was the WORST. I’m now in my 2nd 2ww and it’s not nearly as bad.

AFM – I am what I thought would be about 4dpo, but now I am questioning whether or not I even O’d! Anyone want to venture a guess? I hope it wasn’t later than I thought since hubs is out of town this week... Here is my first chart so far.

Attachments

• 35354654.bmp
    200.7 KB · Views: 189
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results