carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

Just wanted to pop in and say good luck Blackberry on POAS tomorrow! Fingers crossed it's a BFP.
I'm CD34, finally POAS this afternoon but BFN. But my DH is also convinced I'm preggers since no AF yet. So we're sort of on a similar boat.

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

MakingTheGrade|1296166938|2835029 said:
Just wanted to pop in and say good luck Blackberry on POAS tomorrow! Fingers crossed it's a BFP.
I'm CD34, finally POAS this afternoon but BFN. But my DH is also convinced I'm preggers since no AF yet. So we're sort of on a similar boat.

Thanks, I am getting a BFN but still no AF. I really hope DH is right... Keeping you in my thoughts!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

MTG & BB, fingers crossed for you guys. I'm really hoping this is your month.

Not much going for me. Lots of work craziness going on. But aside from that still truckin'... More birth announcements from people we know. My DH sent me the latest one yesterday and I told him it makes me happy and also warm & fuzzy. He agreed saying people having babies makes him want to have one too. He's such a softie...

~LC

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

Thinking about you today, Blackberry and MTG!

This might not be the right question for this particular thread, but I'm posing it anyway: does anybody else ever have moments where you worry about how a baby is going to fit in your life?

Don't get me wrong, I have no doubt that D and I will be TTCing soon. And we've planned this out for a long, LONG time. But, for instance, this morning our furnace broke. And our dog fell ill. And our other dog is in the hospital. And we're both busy with work. So it's all we can do to try to manage our schedules in order to accommodate the sick dog(s), the furnace guy and our bosses. And in the middle of the chaos this morning I said "how would we do this with a baby?" and we both started laughing at the sheer craziness of thinking about it. I know you always figure it out, but sometimes I freak out at the thought of how it's all going to work.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

NEL, totally know what you mean by that! I think the answer to that question is, "Don't ask how, it just does." I think day to day our lives can handle having a kid in it. It's just those few days when the "world's falling apart" that you get :errrr: But the way I figure it, on those days, you look at said non-exisitent kid and think everything's going to be OK.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

NEL, I'm actively TTCing and I still have that question!
Part of me just has to cross my fingers and hope that DH and I will find a way through it. I keep reminding myself that we're both smart and capable people.

We also will likely be having some outside help in the form of my dad who is planning on staying with us for a year or two. Not that he's ever taken care of a baby either (he met me when I was 3), but it's nice knowing there will be an extra pair of hands around in case of emergencies since he's retired.

Still, DH and I have a lot in the air. I'm still in med school, and no idea how smoothly my residency match will go which is really going to stress me out this upcoming year if I do get pregnant, because then we might be looking at moving with a baby, trying to sell our house, etc. Oy.

Sometimes, it's best not to over think the "what ifs". :cheeky:

ETA: Still BFN this morning. DH is confused as I'm typically pretty regular (28-30 day cycle) and we're now on CD36 with no sign of AF. To quote DH "What gives?"

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

I have no doubt we'll all figure it out--and probably have some funny stories about those "crazy" days along the way.

MTG, I'm so sorry you keep getting BFNs. It is a bit perplexing :confused: but it ain't over 'til the fat lady sings!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

MTG, That's confusing that you're still getting BFN despite being very late. Did you O late this cycle? Can you check the expiration on your pregnancy tests? Just throwing ideas out there. I'm with NEL though I'm keeping fingers crossed for you.

CD12, I had some lotion style CF. That's about it for me.

~LC

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock

NEL - ALL THE TIME. I'll be doing something and the thought will occur to me that I won't be doing it if I have a beebee... and it makes me sad and thrilled all at the same time. And sometimes when our good friends are dealing with their baby, I get freaked out that it'll be me one of these days. I wonder what the hell my life will become... but I figure it'll be worth it!

MTG and Blackberry, best of luck to you!!! I probably won't be around to find out results, as we are leaving for Chicago tonight and the Dominican in the super-early morning! I might try to check in though, since I am bringing the work laptop ;-)

I am officially TTC! It sounds so weird to say! Can't wait to see what the future holds :)

I'll be keeping you all in my thoughts! Have a fabulous week!!

charbie

Ideal_Rock

NEL: I also wonder constantly how in the world we're going to do this. This week alone, I had to travel for work, and when I got back in town, DH had to leave. I worked until 7pm last night, and he was out of town. Who's going to pick up the kid on those days? And tonight, I was trapped at the office again until after 7pm. But....I remind myself that's why we moved closer to familly, and somehow, we are going to make it work. It isn't always going to be pretty, wont be easy, but it will be totally chaotic and worthwhile.

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

lliang_chi|1296221609|2835577 said:
MTG & BB, fingers crossed for you guys. I'm really hoping this is your month.

Not much going for me. Lots of work craziness going on. But aside from that still truckin'... More birth announcements from people we know. My DH sent me the latest one yesterday and I told him it makes me happy and also warm & fuzzy. He agreed saying people having babies makes him want to have one too. He's such a softie...

~LC

What a cute DH!

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

NewEnglandLady|1296228822|2835658 said:
Thinking about you today, Blackberry and MTG!

This might not be the right question for this particular thread, but I'm posing it anyway: does anybody else ever have moments where you worry about how a baby is going to fit in your life?

Don't get me wrong, I have no doubt that D and I will be TTCing soon. And we've planned this out for a long, LONG time. But, for instance, this morning our furnace broke. And our dog fell ill. And our other dog is in the hospital. And we're both busy with work. So it's all we can do to try to manage our schedules in order to accommodate the sick dog(s), the furnace guy and our bosses. And in the middle of the chaos this morning I said "how would we do this with a baby?" and we both started laughing at the sheer craziness of thinking about it. I know you always figure it out, but sometimes I freak out at the thought of how it's all going to work.

All the time! I was thinking about that today b/c DH is really sick but still has to go to work b/c there was no one to cover his class. It made me wonder what we are going to do when we have a sick baby on our hands. But I guess I have to agree with everyone else, people make it work and so will we!

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Katy,
Congrats on TTC, thanks for the well wishes and have a great trip!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Katy, Congrats on the vacation and the TTC! Go you! Enjoy yourself!!!

BB, Hope your DH feels better soon. Any changes on the tests or AF?

~LC

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

lliang_chi|1296281345|2836393 said:
Katy, Congrats on the vacation and the TTC! Go you! Enjoy yourself!!!

BB, Hope your DH feels better soon. Any changes on the tests or AF?

~LC

No AF yet, the MD says that if she doesn't come by Monday to call and they will give me some provera. I am wondering if I should take one more test?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi,

Sadly, AF dropped by today. I wonder if it was late because maybe I had a really early miscarriage or something, guess I'll never know!

Ah well, more BD next month!

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock

MTG, Sorry about AF showing up. Are your cycles the same length every month? I wish you better luck next month.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock

sorry about AF Making The Grade - I was really keeping my fingers crossed for you! Good luck next month :appl:

WhatsOldisNew

Rough_Rock

NewEnglandLady|1296228822|2835658 said:
Yes. This is the thought that has caused me to come back to this thread for the last 3 months, announcing that I'm ready to TTC for real, but backing out when the time comes. I have been talking about it a lot to DH and doing a lot of analyzing, over-analyzing, and fretting. I think I had to go through this process to get to the point where I am now, feeling much more comfortable. We finally decided to officially TTC last cycle, but DH had to be out of town during the critical week, so we postponed our start date until February. Now DH will ask me, "Do you know what next week is? It's February. Do you know what that means? Baby!" It is pretty cute.
For me, thinking about how much my life will change just drives me crazy, so I have to try to sit back and relax and figure things will work out one way or another.

I'm sorry that I've been absent from this thread recently, but I plan to be around more often in the coming month(s). I am usually reading and lurking and thinking about everyone here even when I'm not posting. I have my fingers crossed for you all!

I have a side question: does anyone know how safe it is to diet (eat 1200 - 1500 calories per day) during the 2WW? Or at what point it becomes unsafe to limit one's calories? Thanks in advance.

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Sorry about AF, MTG but at last now you can look forward to the next cycle. Fingers crossed for you !

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

WOIN, very sweet about your DH getting exicted about Feb. :) I hope this month is lucky for you. About dieting: 1200-1500 calories seems like a standard healthy amount to me. I guess it kinda depends on your activity day-to-day. If you're doing some crazy amount of activity, e.g. running marathons every day, then even 1500 might be too little. But a normal person doesn't do that much activity. I wouldn't drop below 1200 though.

MTG, bummer about AF, but like you said, at least that means you're BDing next month :)

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

WOIN,

I don't know what your current calorie intact or health habits are like, so it's a little tricky to comment. But generally speaking, 1200 seems fine as long as that isn't a drastic change (as in, you aren't going from 4000 a day to 1200).

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

WOIN I was dieting during my 2ww, I was on Weight Watchers and the caloric range was similar to that. As long as it is in the range you describe I can't see it being a problem. You do not technically even share a blood supply with the baby until 5 weeks along or so, and even then the caloric needs of the baby are minimal. As long as you are not depriving yourself of essential nutrients or compromising your health with extreme dieting, I am sure it is ok.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock

So another one of my friends is pregnant from the first try :bigsmile: Of the 3 people I know who have tried recently, all of them got pregnant on their very first attempt. I think I must hang about with magical people! Just hoping some of their fairy dust rubs off on us this month. I'm on CD 21 and we've been BDing every second day for 10 days.

Good luck to everyone else in the 2WW!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

PumpkinPie|1296533854|2838968 said:
So another one of my friends is pregnant from the first try :bigsmile: Of the 3 people I know who have tried recently, all of them got pregnant on their very first attempt. I think I must hang about with magical people! Just hoping some of their fairy dust rubs off on us this month. I'm on CD 21 and we've been BDing every second day for 10 days.

Haha, I have friends like that to! I'm crazy jealous of them. Although this will only be our 4th cycle trying, so I should try not to be too impatient. I think it's supposed to take on average 6 months for a woman in her mid twenties, but that seems like such a long time sometimes.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

MTG & Pumpkin, hope your friends' luckiness rubs off on you. Tell them it's their turn to pass the ju-ju :)

CD17 here, not much to report. No O-shift yet, I'm hoping this cycle is shorter. I'm hoping my body knocks 10 days off so it'll be a 31 day this time around. We'll see.

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

MakingTheGrade|1296603528|2839902 said:
PumpkinPie|1296533854|2838968 said:

Haha, I have friends like that to! I'm crazy jealous of them. Although this will only be our 4th cycle trying, so I should try not to be too impatient. I think it's supposed to take on average 6 months for a woman in her mid twenties, but that seems like such a long time sometimes.

Yep, I know how you both feel! I just had another friend announce her pregnancy on FB today. She has only been married 6 months. It just seems so darn easy for everyone else! You know?

CD 43 no AF. Took a test this morning BFN so I guess I am forced to start the provera that my MD gave me :(

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock

Blackberry-Big hugs!!!!

I know, it does suck that it can be so easy for some people (it seems like for them their DH's swimmers leap buildings in a single bound, burrow through every imaginable contraceptive obstacle, and are welcomed with open arms by a fresh eggie and a cozy womb) and for me I feel like...well...the opposite of all those things. :rolleyes:

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

Bella_mezzo|1296696835|2841418 said:
Blackberry-Big hugs!!!!

I know, it does suck that it can be so easy for some people (it seems like for them their DH's swimmers leap buildings in a single bound, burrow through every imaginable contraceptive obstacle, and are welcomed with open arms by a fresh eggie and a cozy womb) and for me I feel like...well...the opposite of all those things. :rolleyes:

Big (((((((hugs, Bella)))))))). I've been feeling the same lately. Currently CD13 over here, btw. :wavey:

Hope all you ladies are doing really well! I miss my frequent pops over here!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

LTP, :wavey: how are things going?

Bella, Catch you on the adoption thread. Hope your guys are doing well too.

Just had my first ever snow day! (Live in Chicago) It was SO MUCH FUN!!! We took the dog out a BUNCH of times and it was just fun all around. Did some semi-productive work, painting the trim in to 2nd bedroom, and checked my work email, and checked in on the contract work I'm doing. But other than that it was enjoying the free time, DH and the dog. No BDing but not O'ing either so no big. :bigsmile:

~LC

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results