carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/21/2008 12:19:41 PM
Author: snlee
Congratulations neatfreak!!! Lots of sticky vibes your way!

You''ll hear lots of things about caffeine intake during pregnancy. I have read that as long as it''s under 300mg a day it''s ok, so one cup of coffee a day shouldn''t do any harm. Personally, I tired to stay clear of as much caffeine as I could during my first tri. I was worried enough so I always drank decafe, which I''m sure still had some caffeine (a lot of things do), but less. As for green tea, I would stop drinking it. At least for the first few months. Green tea affects the way your body absorbs folate, which is very important in preventing neural tube defects in the first month after conception.

Thanks Snlee! That is great to know about the green tea, I hadn''t come across that research yet. I''ll just find another type of tea to drink and make sure it''s decaf. I just looove my green tea though, too bad!

And Lisa-Don''t worry I''m actually already off my anxiety meds and have been for a few weeks. I''m glad to hear that you had some caffeine and didn''t have any problems, I probably will still drink coffee but I''ll stick to decaf. And sorry to hear about AF.
7.gif

Thanks ladies! I''ll report back tomorrow on the status of that pesky light pink line...

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Hi Ladies,

I haven''t been following this thread, but just thought I''d write to ask whether any of you, before you started this whole TTC thing, were scared out of your tree, or whether it was just excitement?

We thought about starting this weekend, but... I was too scared! Mind you, I guess that''s not surprising given the nuttiness of our current job situation and all the stress and stuff.

Did any of you have this at first, or were you all raring to go?

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Wow, Indy, I didn''t know you guys were planning to start so soon! Could part of your anxiety be because you''re TTCing so soon after the wedding, or do you think you''re anxious because you''re not sure what life changes motherhood will bring?

I can understand the anxiety, since it''s a life-changing process. For my part, I probably would''ve been okay starting right after our wedding, since we''re not exactly young-uns, but DH is adamant about us having some time together as a couple first, which I understand and agree with. When the time comes I think I will probably be excited and overwhelmed. But it''s something I''ve been looking forward to for a while, so I think it''d be more excitement than anything else.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/21/2008 1:49:09 PM
Author: Independent Gal
Hi Ladies,

I haven''t been following this thread, but just thought I''d write to ask whether any of you, before you started this whole TTC thing, were scared out of your tree, or whether it was just excitement?

We thought about starting this weekend, but... I was too scared! Mind you, I guess that''s not surprising given the nuttiness of our current job situation and all the stress and stuff.

It totally freaks me out. But in a good, still warm and fuzzy inside kind of way. I think if the anxiety outweighs the desire you aren''t ready. If the desire outweighs the anxiety, then you are probably as ready as you are going to be.

Anxiety and worry are a natural thing, and if you believe in natural selection, those who worry a bit are more likely to survive things they encounter (like dinosaurs of course) because they are PREPARED!
2.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/21/2008 3:05:57 PM
Author: neatfreak

Date: 4/21/2008 1:49:09 PM
Hi Ladies,

It totally freaks me out. But in a good, still warm and fuzzy inside kind of way. I think if the anxiety outweighs the desire you aren''t ready. If the desire outweighs the anxiety, then you are probably as ready as you are going to be.

Anxiety and worry are a natural thing, and if you believe in natural selection, those who worry a bit are more likely to survive things they encounter (like dinosaurs of course) because they are PREPARED!
2.gif
I agree with NF. I was so ready to TTC when we started!! We were super excited! But there was also some anxiety. It''s a huge life changing decision!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
It''s funny because we''ve both wanted kids for so long! But I think it''s kind of like when my cat had kittens the day we moved when I was a kid, and she kept moving them to hide them under a piece of furniture, and then the movers took it away, and then she''d move them somewhere else, etc.

I feel like my poor kitty!

We feel 100% ready to be parents, emotionally, financially but not... geographically. DH might lost his job next year, and the only offer of permanent work I have at the moment is in another country, 1000''s of miles away from him. We don''t even know if we''re going to be able to stay on this continent beyond next year.

Our little nestlings will need a nest, and we don''t know where to build it!

The problem is, we''re both getting along in age and we want more than one kid, and this uncertainty and upheaval may well last years, so we feel, rationally, that we should just do it and then find a way to cope.

But it''s so scary! Not the way I ever imagined starting a family.
38.gif

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations Neatfreak!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Just thought I''d pop in to say hello. I had my preconception exam last Thurs. They took some blood tests and want me to come back in for a sonogram to determine if I have any cysts (since I have a history of endomitriosis in my family, they wanted to be safe). BTW - I have no symptoms of this, but then again, neither did my mom and she had it.

This was my first month charting and I was wondering how long you ladies charted before TTC?

I originally wanted to start trying next month, but when I went for my exam and told my doctor that we are traveling to Europe July she looked at me like I had three heads for not wanted to wait until we were on the trip to start.
33.gif
She said, "Oh, you won''t get to enjoy all the wonderful wines in Italy and Croatia!" With that said, I did talk to my husband about it since I DO want to enjoy my time abroad (drink the wine, eat the cheeses and not worry about morning sickness, etc). So, we may wait to start on our trip.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Wait! Is Neatfreak pregnant? ? ?? I guess I should go back and catch up.

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Anyway, here''s my chart this month (I''m proud of it because I ovulated - ah, the little things that excite us!
36.gif
31.gif
)

revK6CNb9.png

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
congrats on ovulating!!!!!!

just make sure you only mark it positive (on chart) when line is darker than cover line..that''ll better help you identify actual O-day. And next month you''ll see an even clearer pattern!!
can''t wait till you officially start
emsmile.gif

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/21/2008 4:07:57 PM
Author: janinegirly

just make sure you only mark it positive (on chart) when line is darker than cover line..that''ll better help you identify actual O-day. And next month you''ll see an even clearer pattern!!
emsmile.gif
Thanks for the tip! Yes, I can''t wait either considering that I started this thread back in October!
20.gif
9.gif
I must say though that I am more ready now than I was back then. I''ve learned SOOOO much and am looking forward to joing you in the preggos thread!

I read your update there today - looks like you''ll be in the city a bit longer than you thought...but you know, it''s probably best. You''re going to be so busy preparing for the baby that to move to the ''burbs on top of that would probably be too much.

Any thoughts as to where you''ll be moving???

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/21/2008 4:07:57 PM
Author: janinegirly

emsmile.gif
Also...how many months did you chart before you started trying?

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
hey BB,

we've still got it narrowed down to chatham, madison, westfield. And we are looking but haven't found *the* house yet. In this market, we figure we'd rather wait till we find exactly what we want and it makes it easier to not feel under the gun of a pregnancy timeline. Sooo, if we find something, great--but if not (in next few months), we'll stick it out in our apt and then move when we do. That way I can stick with my dr., have a New York City baby, and keep having my nice 10mn walk commute to work (which'll come in handy in that 8-9th month!). Plus have NYC to entertain me during materinity leave.

Also, I wanted to say that even if you drink on vacation during TTC it's ok. Even if you did get pg right away--it wouldn't harm anything (within reason, I'm sure you won't be doing shots of tequila and smoking..haha). I read that the fetus doesn't share a blood supply with the mother till a few weeks along. (I didn't really stop my usual routine during those first 2 wks when I didn't know I was pg...so I did some frantic reading up on it). So you could TTC on your vacation or a few weeks before if you wanted! I guess I can't really say about morning sickness since i never got it, so no idea how early that kicks in! Oh and you asked how many cycles to track before TTC..I think 3 is a good amount. I did 2 before BFP (on third).

Keep me posted on it all!!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/21/2008 3:54:34 PM

Lol. I have a faint pink line for now. Time will tell, but they do say that a line is a line.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Go away for a weekend and see what happens! Congrats Neatfreak! I am short for time right now, but I wanted to say a quick hi, and congrats, and good luck!

Also: Indy: I am STILL terrified every now and then, some days are better than others!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/21/2008 4:35:02 PM

Lol. I have a faint pink line for now. Time will tell, but they do say that a line is a line.

My faint line is almost 6 months old
2.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/21/2008 5:01:08 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Date: 4/21/2008 4:35:02 PM

My faint line is almost 6 months old
2.gif

Yay! I hope I have as cute of a line as you!
1.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hehe, thanks NeatFreak. I was always told a line is a line no matter how faint. I posted a pic of my faint line to compare.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/21/2008 5:48:29 PM
Hehe, thanks NeatFreak. I was always told a line is a line no matter how faint. I posted a pic of my faint line to compare.

Where can I find that? Lol. Mine is most definitely a real line because the first test has now been sitting in our bathroom for 2 days and now it has an evap line AND my pink line. I am just so darn impatient, I want something more concrete!

Anyone think the first response early result are as good as I have read elsewhere? I am tempted to go buy one...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
NF, I posted it in Fisher's thread (when she thought she was preggo). Let me know if you can't find it. I will post again. I think Curly posted her's too. Mine were on First Response and I used a digital one b/c the lines were driving me crazy too.

ETA: I was 2-3 weeks preggo. peeonastick.com is a great website if you want to research tests.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just took an OPK as I had the urge to pee on something and it was waaaaay darker. Just as dark as the control line! I know it isn't the best indicator...but each one makes me feel so much better!!! And I looove peeonastick.com. DH saw me looking at the website and he just said he will never understand women. lol.

And DH comes into the bathroom dancing and saying "your eggo is preggo" and laughing hysterically. Unfortunately I think I will be hearing that around the house for the next 9 months courtesy of Juno...

And Tacori, THANK YOU! I did find it. Very useful. Looked like mine!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
How exciting, neatfreak! Sticky dust! You guys almost make me want to have a baby
3.gif
hehe... I''m thinking about it, sort of!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats NF!!!! I think you are a mama!
2.gif
Call your doctor!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I am so excited for you NF!!! Congrats again. Was this your first cycle trying? Were you charting? How are you feeling? You found out so early! Time to give your doctor a call!
36.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/21/2008 6:38:46 PM
Congrats NF!!!! I think you are a mama!
2.gif
Call your doctor!

I am calling right now...and here is the requisite PS flower shot of my now not so faint line. LOL. Can you tell I am so completely checked out of school that I just don''t want to do anything today except pee on things?
36.gif

IMG_2195456565.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/21/2008 6:50:04 PM
Author: snlee
I am so excited for you NF!!! Congrats again. Was this your first cycle trying? Were you charting? How are you feeling? You found out so early! Time to give your doctor a call!
36.gif

Yes, it was our first cycle trying and yes I was charting using CM and BBT. Worked like a charm apparently! I was so worried that it would take us forever for some reason. Guess we got lucky.

I feel fine (and excited!), but a bit of sickness stuff (stomach and dizzy), but nothing bad enough to impact anything, just a little annoying.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have never seen a test like that. Is it the lines on the right? If so, looks dark to me. I would bet you are preggo! Yay!!!!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/21/2008 6:52:43 PM
I have never seen a test like that. Is it the lines on the right? If so, looks dark to me. I would bet you are preggo! Yay!!!!

They are the cheapie internet ones, about 50c each. Got them off amazon and peeonastick.com likes them, so that is good enough for me! The test line is to the left if I remember correctly.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
go buy a digital.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/21/2008 6:54:34 PM
go buy a digital.

Hubby is out right now...I told him not to get too excited just in case. But it's hard not to be excited.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results