shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Hahaha, yay, Ebree!! And can I say... woohooo! I got some lovin'' last night!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/15/2008 10:51:21 AM
Author: AmberWaves
Hahaha, yay, Ebree!! And can I say... woohooo! I got some lovin'' last night!
YAY Ebree and AW....and I want to say WOO HOO I got a positive on my OPK this morning!
5.gif

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
Hi ladies!!! I just want to chime in and say WOOHOO too. You guys are so exicted that I wanna be excited too, lol. Nothing going on with me though. On the tww.

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Ditto on the woohoo''s!
I''m also on the tww, although near the end!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Good luck to all!! I''m finally getting more excited and less "studious"!

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
I bought these super sensitive pregnancy detector strips on Ebay (20 miu).

I think you can start testing 6-8 days post O!!!!

Good Luck you guys...........

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2008 7:30:52 PM
Author: lisa1.01fvs1
I bought these super sensitive pregnancy detector strips on Ebay (20 miu).

I think you can start testing 6-8 days post O!!!!

Good Luck you guys...........

We bought those too from Amazon. Super cheap too!

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Neatfreak, I also read that OPStrips can be purchased w/ 20 miu sensitivity as well. Most are 25 miu.

None on ebay with this #.

Do you think the store bought ones are that low?

Probably not.

Think I''m going to try the OV band or another device mentioned in the infertility thread below.

These products seems more reliable......?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sending you ladies lots of baby dust!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2008 11:34:12 AM
Neatfreak, I also read that OPStrips can be purchased w/ 20 miu sensitivity as well. Most are 25 miu.

None on ebay with this #.

Do you think the store bought ones are that low?

Probably not.

Think I'm going to try the OV band or another device mentioned in the infertility thread below.

These products seems more reliable......?

I *think* our OPK strips are also 20. We got them in a package together. I'll look for you.

ETA: Nope they are 25. But they worked perfectly for us this month! Just waiting now...

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Had to post during TWW.

Every twinge ache or strange sensation is more noticeable these days.

I keep picturing the whole process and imagine this blastocyst floating around my tube waiting to enter the uterus.

I wonder if you can feel actual reproduction (while egg is being fertillized) prior to impantation.
20.gif

It''s fertilized, not yet an embryo, not yet attached so how could I tell?

Google did nothing for me when I searched about signs & symptoms of actual fertilization.

Don''t think there are any until egg becomes part of the mother body and starts producing HCG.
emclock.gif

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Lisa and everyone. I know what you mean about the tww- it is looooong. I keep trying to tell myself to relax- and I guess I am for the most part. But I still think about it. Since I ovulated sooo late(21 days) now I have been worrying that if I do get AF, it comes late enough to make sure I have a regular cycle- Apparently it should be at least 10 days after O- otherwise your luteal phase isn''t long enough. And then on top of that I don''t want AF at all, obviously. I think I am 6 dpo. I am tempted to take an hpt but I don''t want to get started. I spent a small fortune on hpt last month and actually it was pretty disappointing each time I got a bfn.
Here''s hoping you get that result we all want- thanks for checking in .

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Tacori,
I just wanted to say thanks for the babydust and for checking in-
Hope you had a fabulous trip to mexico. It sounds like lots of fun. I have been hoping some of the already-mommies would stop by and offer their wisdom and advice- so good to see you here.

Edit- By the way, Tessa is just adorable. I like the new pictures each time you update your avatar- I can't imagine what it must be like to be a mom- in the way they become the center of your world- in a good way. so cool

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Hey pave we''re O sisters. I''m 6 dpo.

I tested this morning
38.gif

I know I shouldn''t have but what the hell - negative. Still should wait, I know.

There is sorta a gambler''s rush in testing - no?

Blastocysy Dust to all...........

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2008 10:20:08 AM
Author: pavelover
Hey Tacori,

I just wanted to say thanks for the babydust and for checking in-

Hope you had a fabulous trip to mexico. It sounds like lots of fun. I have been hoping some of the already-mommies would stop by and offer their wisdom and advice- so good to see you here.

Edit- By the way, Tessa is just adorable. I like the new pictures each time you update your avatar- I can''t imagine what it must be like to be a mom- in the way they become the center of your world- in a good way. so cool

Thanks pave. Not sure how much wisdom I have
2.gif
Mexico was great thanks for asking! Tessa is my whole world but I do get overwhelmed & tired. There is tons more good than bad and I wouldn''t change my life for anything. I have faith you will know what it is like soon.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2008 2:20:50 PM

I tested this morning
38.gif

I know I shouldn''t have but what the hell - negative. Still should wait, I know.

Me too!! I am 6 dpo today too. We can all test together...

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/18/2008 7:20:28 PM
Author: neatfreak

Date: 4/18/2008 2:20:50 PM

I tested this morning
38.gif

Me too!! I am 6 dpo today too. We can all test together...
How funny!!!! I was gonna keep my testing to myself cause I feel so silly...Good to know I am not alone.

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Neatfreak, Pave you guys are killin'' me!

We should just move in together and start this trying to conceive camp!

Everyone can leave once implantation has taken hold.
emotion-19.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2008 10:41:08 PM
Neatfreak, Pave you guys are killin'' me!

We should just move in together and start this trying to conceive camp!

Everyone can leave once implantation has taken hold.
emotion-19.gif

Lol Lisa that would certainly be a sight.

So I have to ask ladies...how long are forcing yourself to wait to test?

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
We''re all chomping at the bit, no?

I bought like 50 strips for $10 on ebay so why not every day after day 8.

Maybe even a couple times
27.gif

Really though, last time my superduper sensitive strip showed slight,slight pink line at 11-13 dpo.

On day 14 it was nice and dark.

Do you guys have real/imagined pains/tiredness, bloaty feelings? I know it could be AF
14.gif

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Lisa, Neatfreak and all-
I did test on day six and then I told myself I wouldn''t test until at least day 12(dpo). But of course I already am wanting to test today. And I am not sure if I am imagining this but I swear I feel a twinge of nausea(yesterday too). I guess it could be my imagination or post nasal drip lol. And last night I think I could see a vein in one of my bbs. The mind is a powerful thing,no? My dh bought two big packs of tests from costco but I told him to keep them and he can dole them out to me! Like I said, it feels good to know I am not alone. Good wishes to y''all!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Now I know why they say not to test until later. I tested today with one of the super sensitive tests. Now I have been squinting for 5 minutes or so, certain that I see a faint line, but not really sure. LOL. FRUSTRATING. And I think I might go blind from staring at the test in every light possible...

E B

Ideal_Rock
So many in the two week wait! Very exciting.

As for testing early, I did, and often, my first cycle TTC. Like neatfreak, I squinted at each test, thinking I saw a line. I'd throw it away, and an hour later, dig through the trash and look again.

What I've learned from my own experience(s) and from others on Fertility Friend is that early testing is torture and just not worth it. Certain brands give evap lines (I've had two, from two different brands!) and it can give false hope. The cycle I was pregnant, I didn't test until 14 DPO and the line was good and dark- no question there! If you can hold out until your period is due, it's worth avoiding the mental anguish. I promise!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2008 2:11:41 PM
Author: EBree
So many in the two week wait! Very exciting.

As for testing early, I did, and often, my first cycle TTC. Like neatfreak, I squinted at each test, thinking I saw a line. I'd throw it away, and an hour later, dig through the trash and look again.

What I've learned from my own experience(s) and from others on Fertility Friend is that early testing is torture and just not worth it. Certain brands give evap lines (I've had two, from two different brands!) and it can give false hope. The cycle I was pregnant, I didn't test until 14 DPO and the line was good and dark- no question there! If you can hold out until your period is due, it's worth avoiding the mental anguish. I promise!

Lol. I would SO RATHER torture myself and test (and thus maybe know something) than not know at all. As it is I am fairly certain there was a faint line today and it was pink, so not an evap line. After I posted on here I went back to check it again (this was after 5 minutes, but within 10) and it was a hair darker. I woke up DH and asked what he saw and he saw it too even in our horrid bedroom lighting! So I am crossing my fingers over here and waiting until tomorrow to try to test again.

Wish us luck!

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
YAY NEATFREAK!!!!!!
36.gif

This is exactly how my testing went with Olivia.

2 tests 11-12 days dpo and faint pink lines...Then day 13/14 dark lines!!!!

Keeping my fingers crossed, oh I better go and test too....................
23.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well ladies it is still pink this morning! It appears to be a little clearer, but it might just be because the test from yesterday has toned down a bit in color for my comparison. But there is definitely a line.

I am so scared of miscarrying though! I'm sure it is because I have anxiety, so I tend to obsess and worry about everything. Add to that the fact that I went off my anxiety meds a few weeks ago, and I guess it isn't too out of the ordinary for me.

And Lisa-question for you regarding caffeine intake. I usually drink 1 cafe au lait (mostly milk) per day and some green tea. I can't seem to find a conclusive answer about how much caffeine is safe. Did you just forgo it alltogether? And if so, is decaf coffee ok? Or green tea which doesn't have a lot of caffeine?

It seems that a lot of things have caffeine in them, and I just can't seem to find a reliable source of information about this...

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
Neatfreak!!! Yay!! That is so cool that it is looking pink for two days in a row. I can relate to the anxiety, but try to focus on something else. THere are plenty of people who do not miscarry so just think of yourself in that party. Heres for a sticky bean(I think that''s the term)!!!!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations neatfreak!!! Lots of sticky vibes your way!

You''ll hear lots of things about caffeine intake during pregnancy. I have read that as long as it''s under 300mg a day it''s ok, so one cup of coffee a day shouldn''t do any harm. Personally, I tired to stay clear of as much caffeine as I could during my first tri. I was worried enough so I always drank decafe, which I''m sure still had some caffeine (a lot of things do), but less. As for green tea, I would stop drinking it. At least for the first few months. Green tea affects the way your body absorbs folate, which is very important in preventing neural tube defects in the first month after conception.

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/21/2008 7:50:49 AM
Author: neatfreak
Well ladies it is still pink this morning! It appears to be a little clearer, but it might just be because the test from yesterday has toned down a bit in color for my comparison. But there is definitely a line.

I am so scared of miscarrying though! I''m sure it is because I have anxiety, so I tend to obsess and worry about everything. Add to that the fact that I went off my anxiety meds a few weeks ago, and I guess it isn''t too out of the ordinary for me.

And Lisa-question for you regarding caffeine intake. I usually drink 1 cafe au lait (mostly milk) per day and some green tea. I can''t seem to find a conclusive answer about how much caffeine is safe. Did you just forgo it alltogether? And if so, is decaf coffee ok? Or green tea which doesn''t have a lot of caffeine?

It seems that a lot of things have caffeine in them, and I just can''t seem to find a reliable source of information about this...

Hi NF, glad to hear the line is still there!

Yes, coffee question. I drank one cup a day. More than that is forbotten but remember they don''t have any conclusive evidence for that 1 cup or 2.

I think moderation is best but I had no issues w/ this.

As to the anaxiolytics (meds) you can safely take these until embryo becomes a "neural tube" around 18 days post implantation.

Until then there is just cell division and no major organ dev. When in the nueral tube stage, the anatomy beings forming and then NO CAT. D drugs.

Most of these meds have fast half-lives so thay can clear quickley. Nature factors these things into the design.

That''s why you hear of women worry who drank, smoked or used drugs early who have had normal babies.

Nature gives you about a 3 week window to figure out you''re preggers before anything "bad" can happen.

Well, as for me got AF this AM.
7.gif

22 day cycle again! That''s 25 day, 22 day and 22 day cycle for 3 months. Strange.

Anyone know a good fertility Dr. in OC, California? I heard of Dr. Werlin. Oh well......

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Oh yeah don''t drink green tea - has a lot of caffeine almost equivalent to coffee.

Just "Don''t do drugs" the hard stuff not the Rx kind
21.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results