shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official 2010 Winter Olympics Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
And the Canadian men take gold in Curling. I had no idea that curlers were so easy on the eye. I must pay better attention!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2010 1:23:28 AM
Author: treefrog

Date: 2/26/2010 1:14:57 AM
Author: kittybean

I am excited to watch the women''s slalom. I used to ski race with Lindsay Vonn (she was Lindsay Kildow then!), and it''s so much fun to watch her.
Oh how cool! Where was that... Vail? Or is Vail just where they live now?

I ran some NASTAR gates in Vail a few years back. Got a silver. Not much in the way of ski racing for me in MD though.

Treefrog
Lindsay has always been a Vail girl--she was Ski Club Vail''s top female skier when I was racing. I was on a different ski team, but we raced together a bunch in Vail and at other Colorado ski areas.

stci

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2010 9:50:17 AM
Author: kama_s

Date: 2/27/2010 12:43:33 AM
Author: stci
Short Track - Men''s 5000m Relay finals :
Quebec team in action!

Charles Hamelin, François-Louis Tremblay, François Hamelin and Olivier Jean was in fire!
You mean Canadian, right? The last I checked, the Olympics are a national sport.
Hey... it''s just for fun cause all the guys of this team are from my province and speak french. Not mean they are not Canadian. I''m proud to be Canadian but also to be a french Canadian from Quebec.
9.gif
16.gif

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/27/2010 9:48:42 PM
Author: stci

Date: 2/27/2010 9:50:17 AM

You mean Canadian, right? The last I checked, the Olympics are a national sport.
Hey... it''s just for fun cause all the guys of this team are from my province and speak french. Not mean they are not Canadian. I''m proud to be Canadian but also to be a french Canadian from Quebec.
9.gif
16.gif
My husband''s from Quebec too, so I understand.

Ladies, who''s pumped for tomorrow''s hockey final?! BRING IT ON RYAN MILLER!!!!!!!!!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
In true Canadian fashion, I''m heading to the pub for this one with Baby Gailey. Whatever the result, I shall need a drink!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We''re thinking of heading to Wayne Gretzky''s. It''s just around the corner from us! Is 2pm too early to pop out a Molson?!

stci

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2010 10:16:08 PM
We''re thinking of heading to Wayne Gretzky''s. It''s just around the corner from us! Is 2pm too early to pop out a Molson?!
LOL LOL
31.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock

Seriously?? That is so cool! We just love Toronto. Lately we''ve been considering moving back home to Buffalo, and if/when that happens we''re planning lots of Toronto time b/c we are such city people. And there is nothing wrong with a 2pm Molson
2.gif

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/28/2010 8:52:17 AM
Author: icekid

Seriously?? That is so cool! We just love Toronto. Lately we''ve been considering moving back home to Buffalo, and if/when that happens we''re planning lots of Toronto time b/c we are such city people. And there is nothing wrong with a 2pm Molson
2.gif
Yes, yes, please move to Buffalo! We can have a Toronto GTG!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock

2.gif
You North Americans are such lightweights. My bar stool is booked for 11:30. Suppose I could start with a coffee!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/28/2010 10:39:35 AM
Author: Gailey

2.gif
You North Americans are such lightweights. My bar stool is booked for 11:30. Suppose I could start with a coffee!
HAHAHAHAHA That''s how it''s done, isn''t it?! I''m totally busting out the bottle, my hubby is the one being a wuss!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2010 10:42:13 AM

Date: 2/28/2010 10:39:35 AM
Author: Gailey

2.gif
HAHAHAHAHA That''s how it''s done, isn''t it?! I''m totally busting out the bottle, my hubby is the one being a wuss!
We are soooo excited for this game too!! Cheers ladies!!
9.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Folks, I''ve watched one and only one sporting event in my life -- ice hockey. I made an exception because CDN promised me that there would be good brawls. Do those take place in the Olympics as well?

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2010 2:38:34 PM
Author: Harriet
Folks, I''ve watched one and only one sporting event in my life -- ice hockey. I made an exception because CDN promised me that there would be good brawls. Do those take place in the Olympics as well?

Oh K, you should watch! But it won''t be for the fights; I''ll be shocked if there is any fighting unless the score gets lopsided. But you should watch anyway. I am so nervous
32.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m already bored. :)

rierie26

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/28/2010 3:33:34 PM
Author: Mrs Mitchell
Date: 2/28/2010 3:19:17 PM

I know! Is it over yet?!
9.gif

What?!?! At least the players are cute. LOL.

Woohoo! Score! Go Canada!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2010 3:41:51 PM
Author: Kitcha

I know! Is it over yet?!
9.gif

I can''t see them clearly. I''ve turned off the telly!

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
This hockey game is INTENSE! USA has a chance to win for the first time in what, 30 years?!? I am a little biased of the goalie since he went to my college! (and he is a cutie)

Anyone else on pins and needles?

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2010 3:41:51 PM
Author: Kitcha

I know! Is it over yet?!
9.gif

I um, sort of can''t say I''ve seen any of them. Or it. I can''t bear to watch sport in particular and I''m not a fan of TV in general. I''ll tune in again when it''s all finished (sorry) until the next sporty thing pops up. Soccer? Must be a world cup due soon. That should clog up the TV channels for a while.
14.gif
(Yes, I am a disappointment to my family LOL)

I hope your team wins though, so you can celebrate!
2.gif

Jen

icekid

Ideal_Rock
........ totally devastated.

But a great, great game. Ryan Miller is breaking my heart
39.gif
39.gif
Congrats to the Canadians (oh so painful to say
3.gif
3.gif
)

At the end of the day, I am proud to say that our American team is much better looking
2.gif

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
WOO WOO!

Canada, the tiny population that could. The most golds by 4 full medals! For a little country with a smaller population than some of the US'' States, we did good!
9.gif

I don''t agree with the judges giving the speed skating silver to the South Korean who started to wipe out before anyone bumped him (the slow-mo replays show his skate angle going over before there was any contact from anyone) instead of giving it to Ohno.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
What an amazing game!! The Americans were so strong.....but, Sid, you came through when you needed to!! I am so proud of all the boys!

(but whatever you do boys, don't you dare celebrate and have a beer or a cigar afterwards.....
11.gif
20.gif
)!!!!
emotion-19.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
We own the podium!

Made in Canada.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/28/2010 6:23:58 PM

39.gif
39.gif
3.gif
3.gif
)

At the end of the day, I am proud to say that our American team is much better looking
2.gif
HI:

How could you tell--none of them had a smile to share. Most of them did not even say thank you when they got their medals. I wish all could get gold medals as they played well enough to earn them.

Congratulations to all the athletes in every sport. I loved it all.

And SNL spoof (telemundo) of the games was pretty funny too!

cheers--Sharon

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PWNed THE PODIUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's abslute madness here. People are honking, screaming, yelling and what not. It's crazy over here and I'm totally LOVING it. Ofcourse, I have also had over a pitcher of beer at this point.......................!!!!

LET'S GO CANADA, LET'S GO! W00t W00t!!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium

39.gif
39.gif
3.gif
3.gif
)

2.gif
Your goalie is bloody fantastic. And you defence is definitely much stronger than ours. But no one beats our offence. This was anyone''s game to be honest. The last game, however, we were much much stronger. This time, we were more equally balanced.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2010 7:08:18 PM

39.gif
39.gif
3.gif
3.gif
)

2.gif

Your goalie is bloody fantastic. And you defence is definitely much stronger than ours. But no one beats our offence. This was anyone''s game to be honest. The last game, however, we were much much stronger. This time, we were more equally balanced.

Pretty much agree with your assessment 100%, kama. It really was such an evenly matched game (unlike the first!). It was a game not to be forgotten, ever. Hubby is convinced now that we will move home, because we want to raise a little hockey player
3.gif

Sharon- Cannot blame them for not smiling today, but I know they''ll smile about this day eventually!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2010 7:05:30 PM
YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PWNed THE PODIUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It''s abslute madness here. People are honking, screaming, yelling and what not. It''s crazy over here and I''m totally LOVING it. Ofcourse, I have also had over a pitcher of beer at this point.......................!!!!

LET''S GO CANADA, LET''S GO! W00t W00t!!
I drove home from the pub and you would have thought we had just won an olympic gold medal in men''s hockey! Oh wait a minute - we did!

Flags were waving, horns were honking all the way home!

Go Team Canada!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2010 7:08:18 PM

39.gif
39.gif
3.gif
3.gif
)

2.gif
Amen to that. Ryan Miller is the best there is. I expect to see him in the next Stanley Cup final. Very talented young man.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results