shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official 2010 Winter Olympics Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Isn't it funny how Canadians have taken over this thread? It's like what Shani Davis mentioned at an interview earlier last week - he said he thought Americans were super patriotic...and then he came to Canada!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2010 9:00:40 PM
Author: kama_s
Isn''t it funny how Canadians have taken over this thread? It''s like what Shani Davis mentioned at an interview earlier last week - he said he thought Americans were super patriotic...and then he came to Canada!

Seriously, I need some support over here with all of you mean Canadians
3.gif

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/25/2010 9:07:11 PM
Author: icekid

Isn''t it funny how Canadians have taken over this thread? It''s like what Shani Davis mentioned at an interview earlier last week - he said he thought Americans were super patriotic...and then he came to Canada!

3.gif
Might be easier (better?) for you to change nationality
3.gif

KIDDING!
11.gif

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Awesome game! It''s unfortunate there has to be a losing team since they''re so evenly matched.

Now, I''m looking forward to figure skating later tonight!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2010 9:10:16 PM

Date: 2/25/2010 9:07:11 PM
Author: icekid

3.gif
Might be easier (better?) for you to change nationality
3.gif

KIDDING!
11.gif
Oh come on icekid, you have some Canadian blood running through your veins!!!
31.gif
9.gif

stci

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2010 9:13:41 PM
Author: CDNinNYC
Awesome game! It''s unfortunate there has to be a losing team since they''re so evenly matched.

Now, I''m looking forward to figure skating later tonight!
So true!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2010 7:39:56 PM

Date: 2/25/2010 7:34:41 PM
Author: hlmr

Yes, it is brutal! Worse than the men!

My little sister is watching it live!! She is loving it!!!!
Lucky! I''m so jealous of all my friends in Vancouver.

I think I might be the only one (/girl) who admits to loving fights in hockey. I always tell people that if I were to play hockey, I''d be the one responsible for breaking out the fights a la Tie Domi
3.gif
Okay, kidding about the Domi bit, but a few soft punches really revs up the game.
I know kama....I am so jealous too! One sister got to see the ice dance gold, and the other the women''s hockey gold!!
36.gif
36.gif

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2010 9:17:34 PM

Lucky! I'm so jealous of all my friends in Vancouver.

I think I might be the only one (/girl) who admits to loving fights in hockey. I always tell people that if I were to play hockey, I'd be the one responsible for breaking out the fights a la Tie Domi
3.gif
Okay, kidding about the Domi bit, but a few soft punches really revs up the game.

I know kama....I am so jealous too! One sister got to see the ice dance gold, and the other the women's hockey gold!!
36.gif
36.gif

Hope that means you're attending the men's hockey final?!?!
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
You know, just in case...
9.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2010 9:19:44 PM

Date: 2/25/2010 9:17:34 PM

Lucky! I''m so jealous of all my friends in Vancouver.

I think I might be the only one (/girl) who admits to loving fights in hockey. I always tell people that if I were to play hockey, I''d be the one responsible for breaking out the fights a la Tie Domi
3.gif

I know kama....I am so jealous too! One sister got to see the ice dance gold, and the other the women''s hockey gold!!
36.gif
36.gif

Hope that means you''re attending the men''s hockey final?!?!
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
You know, just in case...
9.gif
I can only wish!!!!!
9.gif
3.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Well for the record, I am British! You could say we''re a tad patriotic as well. I live in Canada now. I''m super proud of Canada, but I''m also proud of all olympic effort.

I''m especially proud of Petra Majdic of Slovenia, who skied into a bronze medal position after breaking 5 ribs.

The thread is open to everyone to post in.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it too early to start drinking at 2pm to watch the men''s hockey gold?

I hope I''m not jinxing them by saying that!

CDNinNYC: How come you aren''t watching the men''s Aerials??? It''s absolutely ridiculous. It''s actually the one sport I''d been dying to watch months before the Olympics began.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/25/2010 9:24:47 PM
Author: Gailey
Well for the record, I am British! You could say we're a tad patriotic as well. I live in Canada now. I'm super proud of Canada, but I'm also proud of all olympic effort.

I'm especially proud of Petra Majdic of Slovenia, who skied into a bronze medal position after breaking 5 ribs.

The thread is open to everyone to post in.
Ofcourse it is. I just mentioned how most of the posts were of the 'Go Canada' type!

Agreed re: Majdic. I couldn't believe she was on her feet the very next day. And winning a bronze in a ski sprint no less! I don't know how she could breathe with all that pain.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2010 9:25:09 PM

CDNinNYC: How come you aren''t watching the men''s Aerials??? It''s absolutely ridiculous. It''s actually the one sport I''d been dying to watch months before the Olympics began.

I am watching it! It''s the only Olympic coverage NBC is showing right now. This sport is CRAZY!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2010 9:29:14 PM
Ofcourse it is. I just mentioned how most of the posts were of the 'Go Canada' type!

Hockey isn't as popular in the States so maybe that's being reflected here on PS. I've been asking NYers all week if they're following the hockey games and not one said yes.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/25/2010 9:34:30 PM

Ofcourse it is. I just mentioned how most of the posts were of the ''Go Canada'' type!

Hockey isn''t as popular in the States so maybe that''s being reflected here on PS. I''ve been asking NYers all week if they''re following the hockey games and not one said yes.
Interesting... hockey is really big where I live (Michigan). Heck, one of Detroit''s nicknames is Hockeytown because the Wings are HUGE here. I absolutely love hockey, it''s my favorite sport
9.gif

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2010 10:01:34 PM
Author: Burberrygirl

Hockey isn't as popular in the States so maybe that's being reflected here on PS. I've been asking NYers all week if they're following the hockey games and not one said yes.
Interesting... hockey is really big where I live (Michigan). Heck, one of Detroit's nicknames is Hockeytown because the Wings are HUGE here. I absolutely love hockey, it's my favorite sport
9.gif

Oh, hockey definitely has its fans in the US, and in some regions more so than others, but I also think it competes in popularity with NFL, NBA, MLB, Nascar, college football, etc... You just don't have that kind of competition for fans/viewership in Canada. Hockey is king.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ofcourse it is. I just mentioned how most of the posts were of the ''Go Canada'' type!

Hockey isn''t as popular in the States so maybe that''s being reflected here on PS. I''ve been asking NYers all week if they''re following the hockey games and not one said yes.
Interesting... hockey is really big where I live (Michigan). Heck, one of Detroit''s nicknames is Hockeytown because the Wings are HUGE here. I absolutely love hockey, it''s my favorite sport
9.gif
How can you not be a Hockey fan living in Detroit! They''re one of the strongest teams to reckon with! They''ve been in the final Stanley cup game pretty much every other year this past decade.

But I know other areas in the US don''t have as much of a hockey fan base.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/25/2010 9:30:52 PM

I am watching it! It''s the only Olympic coverage NBC is showing right now. This sport is CRAZY!
Can''t believe we ended with 5th spot. We were sitting on #1 before the last round.
7.gif

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2010 10:12:58 PM
Date: 2/25/2010 9:30:52 PM

Can''t believe we ended with 5th spot. We were sitting on #1 before the last round.
7.gif

I always feel bad for those athletes who land 4th and 5th. So close to a medal.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/25/2010 10:06:41 PM

9.gif

Oh, hockey definitely has its fans in the US, and in some regions more so than others, but I also think it competes in popularity with NFL, NBA, MLB, Nascar, college football, etc... You just don''t have that kind of competition for fans/viewership in Canada. Hockey is king.
Ita, I also think it''s interesting how mainstream American sports aren''t very popular around the world.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Seriously, why is Nbc showing Nordic Combined when that event ended this afternoon, and there is live figure skating to watch?!?!?!?! It''s no fun watching an event when you already know the result.
8.gif
Hopefully they''ll switch back once Rachel Flatt is ready to skate.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I want to see the figure skating.....
11.gif

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Nbc must be gearing up to switch. They just showed the winners of the Nordic Combined and Rachel will be skating soon. Let's see some skating!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
I don''t have much understanding of the scoring, but I thought Rachael skated beautifully. There seemed genuine surprise and displeasure at her score.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Go Kim!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2010 11:21:17 PM
I don't have much understanding of the scoring, but I thought Rachael skated beautifully. There seemed genuine surprise and displeasure at her score.
Very low score IMO! I would really like to know where the 8 points of deductions were taken.

Can I just say how incredibly graceful Yu-Na is! Just WOW!

ETA: Just saw her score...
23.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2010 11:29:04 PM
Author: meresal

I don't have much understanding of the scoring, but I thought Rachael skated beautifully. There seemed genuine surprise and displeasure at her score.
Very low score IMO! I would really like to know where the 8 points of deductions were taken.

23.gif
Yu-Na just killed it. What a graceful and elegant performance!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2010 11:29:04 PM
Author: meresal

I don''t have much understanding of the scoring, but I thought Rachael skated beautifully. There seemed genuine surprise and displeasure at her score.

23.gif
You most certainly can - that was phenomenal!

Her coach is a Canadian olympic champion!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Brian won the Olympic silver medal twice. Anyone remember the "Battle of the Brians"? Am really happy for him and Kim.

Mao looked so sad at her score.
8.gif

Go Joannie!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Mirai is adorable!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results