shape
carat
color
clarity

The new WF ES 2.32 J SI at last!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Mara and LynnB, DROOOOOOL!!!!!!

shay

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hi kc...the J's are definitely bang for the buck but not for everyone i would venture to say. i know that there is some color in the stone but i don't look for it so it doesn't bother me. i think that some people who are more color sensitive just are niggled constantly by the notion that the stone has some warmth. but honestly i don't like the look of icy white D's...the stone appears so cold to me. my absolute sweet spot could i afford it would probably be an H stone especially in the larger stones, but unfortunately $$$ is an issue with my diamond habit, so the J is a perfect compromise and i don't regret it one bit!! i totally adore my stone and i doubt anyone notices a thing in it on any regular basis. it's got great personality.

i'll try to see if i can get some pictures this weekend which show color in the stone, though i catch it at random times...and it depends on lighting as well. for example in the bathroom where the lights are yellow, the stone looks more colored at any angle. which is not realistic to me. but i'll see if i can get some side views that show some color for you. and maybe some more cool flower shots!!!

thanks shay!!! divergrrl...i'm here for ya gal!! bring it on! hehee.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Mara, I appreciate it. I know what you mean by the lighting. In some lights even my F looks yellow tinted. It also doesn''t help that my living room, dining room, and hallway are all painted yellowish-tan LOL!!! It took me a few days with my stone to figure out why it looked tinted in those rooms.

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Mara, I think I''ve already told you how FABULOSO your new diamond is (I''m just too lazy to go back through 23 pages at this point
2.gif
) but you keep coming up with more incredible pictures that I had to come back and tell you that you truly need to talk to these jewelers about a new job in photography! Heck not just the jewelers but newly engaged couples could get breathtaking photos of their new ring. Instead of being a wedding photographer, you could be an engagement ring photographer! Anyways, I just adore your ring as you already know. I''m still trying to figure out if I can either reset one of my rings in that same style setting or just purchase a new diamond to make one. THAT is how much I love your wedding set!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol thanks di!! i would LOVE to see you with a setting like mine (and a new wonderful stone to put in it of course!!)...!!! your projects are always so much fun, when i grow up i wanna be just like you!! hehee.

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
Mara,

Somehow I dont think i ever read this post. I just had a blast looking through the first 15 pages of pics!!!!! What a gorgeous ring you have! If I am ever in the market for a diamond upgrade, your assistance will definately be required!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
okay kcourselle, so i finally got around to taking some pictures today....i don't know if any of these really *emphasize* the diamond's tint, but i took all of them with the natural/auto lighting function on the camera, so there was no tungsten blue washing out any color or anything like that. i think you can see a bit of warmth in some of these side or angled shots. anyway, i got some other cool shots too so i am just throwing them all together. no flowers AT ALL in the garden right now to my utter sadness, so this will have to do for now!!

new bauble 0806 b.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

new bauble 0806 c.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

new bauble 0806 d.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

new bauble 0806 e.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

new bauble 0806 f.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
this one i think you can see some tint here but to me it looks pretty...hehee. please ignore the scratched up corner of the tissue box...macro is not always your friend. hehe.

new bauble 0806 g.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
pinks!

new bauble 0806 h.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

new bauble 0806 i.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i got this random hand shot and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the diamond looks amazing here, i don't know where those pinks came from, maybe because i was standing next to this wall with red floral oil artwork or something? ignore the unlotioned and scratched up paws. and it's shots like this that make me sure i need to nix the wedding band and just wear the e-ring alone cuz look how big the diamond looks when it's just one ring!

new bauble 0806 j.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

new bauble 0806 k.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
second to the last.

new bauble 0806 l.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
last one. hope this helped somehow? hehee. if nothing else it was fun to take some new pictures...it always makes me fall in love with my stone all over again.

new bauble 0806 m.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2006 7:40:28 PM
Author: Mara
i got this random hand shot and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the diamond looks amazing here, i don''t know where those pinks came from, maybe because i was standing next to this wall with red floral oil artwork or something? ignore the unlotioned and scratched up paws. and it''s shots like this that make me sure i need to nix the wedding band and just wear the e-ring alone cuz look how big the diamond looks when it''s just one ring!
This is my fav pic, but hard, cause they are all amazing!!!
30.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2006 8:09:49 PM
Author: Kaleigh

Date: 8/19/2006 7:40:28 PM
i got this random hand shot and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the diamond looks amazing here, i don''t know where those pinks came from, maybe because i was standing next to this wall with red floral oil artwork or something? ignore the unlotioned and scratched up paws. and it''s shots like this that make me sure i need to nix the wedding band and just wear the e-ring alone cuz look how big the diamond looks when it''s just one ring!
This is my fav pic, but hard, cause they are all amazing!!!
30.gif
i know, talk about a lucky shot!!
5.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2006 7:39:17 PM
pinks!
I have to say, I''m with you on preferring the warmer stones... I love the way they lend themselves toward warmer colors like pink :) And after seeing your friend''s stone, I''m not ''afraid'' of a K either!

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow Mara...It has been a while and I have obviously not been keeping up with your diamond habit. So what's the cut-off going to be 3 Carat J-si-1. Your running out of Finger...
2.gif

Your approaching 20,000 Posts!!! WOW..
35.gif

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is absolutely stunning Mara and I think that everytime I see your avatar which is often because you have such a presence here!!

You are probably one of the best macro photographers here, if not the best. I don''t think I''d ever get tired of the beautiful pictures you'' ve contributed here, not only of your own ring but others as well.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OH MY WORD!!!
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

Gorgeous, gorgeous shots!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I say -- more, more, more, please!!!
36.gif

(23 pages and we are still begging for more diamond ****!!!
31.gif
We are insatiable!
11.gif
)

It''s HARD to capture the "warmth" isn''t it? That''s because it''s barely there!!! All you have is SPARKLE and SHINE, baby!

Well... as soon as I get my new camera figured out, I am going to try to get some new photos of my rings. Of course I don''t EXPECT to even come close to your amazing, accomplished photography skills -- or your 23 page thread
2.gif
but hopefully I can at least get a FEW good shots!!!
1.gif

Great job, and again -- FABULOUS stone!!!

rogue

Shiny_Rock
Mara, I think your ring is just perfect in every way. Can you get some side shots that emphasize how the stone is seated in the prongs and how the prong tips are resting on the crown? I would love to see that (I have a feeling there are some larger than normal gaps in between my prongs and my pavilion). Thanks!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks gals (and Josh!!)....photographing diamonds is soooo much fun. i need some more friends to get engaged so that i can go and do photo shoots with their stuff.. hehee. msflutter, i don't know how i missed your comment...thanks for the sweet words!
1.gif

Cehra...gotta love those near-colorless stones and I would definitely not throw a lovely K out of the running either after seeing my girlfriend's!

Josh...the 'ultimate' now is something like 3.3c but who knows when that will happen, if ever. that price hike to 3c and over is just ridiculous. to just get to 3.3 J SI1 i would probably have to pay DOUBLE what my trade in is on this 2.3 J SI1. for just a carat increase...double if not more.
39.gif
i really love this stone and it's huge so i feel pretty content with it thank goodness.... (for now!!) 20k posts, i know, it's insane!!

Seattle, i can't wait to see your beautiful e-ring-to-come...are you busy practicing with your camera?!

Lynn...speaking of the new cam...how are the pictures coming along? you need to give us some new picture updates to your own thread, ma'am! the windowsill shot is a MUST!

Rogue...i will have to see if i have any extreme closeups of the head/prongs, but the amount of space between the pavilion/culet of the stone and the prongs is kind of a personal thing, how much space do you want to see. you may want to have them set the diamond lower into the head and cut the prongs down a bit. i had WF set my diamond very low into the head because i wanted more of a scoopy spready look, i didn't want a lot of space between the stone and prongs. i think one of the first pages here has a picture of a side view where you can see how low my diamond sits in the head.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yum yum YUM!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Mara for these new shots! I really appreciate the time you took to take them. The color is barely perceptable. In some shots, the color almost gives it a glowing personality that is quite charming. I need to go out and see some J''s in person, but I have to say that I am definitely convinced to strongly consider a J stone. I am no longer afraid of J''s, LOL!!!!! The saving will be much easier with a J stone, this is very exciting. I''ve got a .74 right now, and at first I thought I would upgrade at 1.25, but now I''m thinking I might save up longer to a 1.4-1.5. This will be a huge difference and the rings I''ve tried on I''ve thought a 1.4 looked huge on my 4.5 sized finger. I''m really hoping that a 1.4 would satisfy me for a while. Thanks for your help, you have such a beautiful ring.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
some new pictures!!! STILL no flowers in the yard so i got a little creative. nothing super special here but kinda fun anyway.

new bauble 0806 ab.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
these were outside in full sun... nice head and profile shot.

new bauble 0806 ac.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results