shape
carat
color
clarity

The new WF ES 2.32 J SI at last!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

new bauble vu.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

new bauble vw.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

new bauble vy.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

new bauble vz.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
last one of the lily...

new bauble vzb.jpg

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
emlove.gif
Oh, purtee
36.gif

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Mara:

I just love looking at this thread over and over again.

Many thanks for the new pictures, they are fabulous.
Your fingers are so long and slender, your ring looks fabulous on your hand! A real attention getter you got there!

Keep the pictures coming!!! More... More... More...
31.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
YOWZA!!!! I love all the pics but the money shot is a fav and so are the flower shots. They look so professional. Your stone is amazing Mara. And HUGE!!!!
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
still with me?! these are the last two...since everyone loved the blues, they are my faves too...here are two more.
9.gif

tungsten lighting...EXTRA blue!

new bauble vzg.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
last one...total natural lighting!

new bauble vzh.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL nan...shrinkage hasn't really set in on this thing...i'm so happy with it!!! it's such a chameleon!

thanks marvel, suzy and lisa...i love the flower shots too!!! i swear the CAMERA is so key!! this thing takes amazing shots...it would make a dirty sock look good. hehe.

i uploaded 600 pictures this morning
23.gif
and these were the best of the best!!! i love doing this stuff on a lazy saturday. hehee.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, Mara, I already have your last blue flower photo as my desktop picture! What are ya trying to do, confuse me?
2.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG Mara!!! Every time you post pics that thing gets better and better!!!

And if I ever do manage to get a new ring of my own I will gladly fly you here to take the photos becuase my pics are booooorrrrring next to your flower shots...

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/24/2006 4:32:41 PM
Author: Mara
LOL nan...shrinkage hasn''t really set in on this thing...i''m so happy with it!!! it''s such a chameleon!

thanks marvel, suzy and lisa...i love the flower shots too!!! i swear the CAMERA is so key!! this thing takes amazing shots...it would make a dirty sock look good. hehe.

i uploaded 600 pictures this morning
23.gif
and these were the best of the best!!! i love doing this stuff on a lazy saturday. hehee.
I was thinking ''that camera takes great pictures''. They really do look professional. Which one did you get again? I know it''s posted here some place, but I''m too lazy to search
41.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol diamondseeker...!!

DJ....i can''t wait to see your big 4c upgrade!!
31.gif

marvel, the camera is a Canon SD550...i love it! the one thing it''s not fab at is people pictures, if you have bad hand shake the pictures are not as crisp as they could be.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha ha Mara, at the rate I'm going there's not going to be ANY upgrade let alone 4 cts. That's OK, I can just keep coming back to drool over yours!

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
omg, they are all so amazing, especially the last one!
whewweeeeee
so very very pretty!!!!

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Pretty Lily flower shots. Really LOVE the 2nd to the last picture, with all that lovely blue!! Mara, your pictures keep getting better and better with every shot!
16.gif

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Mara, your pix are to die for, as is your ring... When ever you want to post more pix I''ll be here waiting to drool over them.
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2006 8:14:27 PM
Author: luvsdiamonds
Mara, your pix are to die for, as is your ring... When ever you want to post more pix I''ll be here waiting to drool over them.
9.gif
I know, I love Mara''s pics and am hoping she will keep posting more. Wish there was a drooling emoticon. Irina?? We soooo need one!!!
2.gif

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/25/2006 8:18:03 PM
Author: Kaleigh

Date: 6/25/2006 8:14:27 PM
Author: luvsdiamonds
9.gif
I know, I love Mara''s pics and am hoping she will keep posting more. Wish there was a drooling emoticon. Irina?? We soooo need one!!!
2.gif
I second that ... We Must Have Drool !!!
1.gif

leeenie

Shiny_Rock
Mara, question!!

What modifications did you have done to the head itself? Is it different from WF''s standard "platinum solstice head"?

Thanks!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
teagreen, my head is the stuller solstice but i had WF order one in and then ''modify the crap out of it'' as i like to say....to make it as cuppy/scoopy/thin prongs as possible. it looks quite different to me than the basic stuller solstice without any mods...and it was great for me because i was working with an existing setting already, so i couldn''t do much ''special'' with my head or ring...so this was as good as we could get. i love it though!!! and my prong tips are tiny which i adore as well.

leeenie

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the info. Who did you work with on the head modifications? Did you get to see a wax before they modified the actual head, or did they just go and do it? I''m trying to work something out with them right now.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
there was no wax because they were working with an already cast existing piece. i worked with leon and lesley on the project and i stressed what was most important to me (aka spready squishy side view, tiny thinned out prongs and tips, diamond filling most of the diamond head)... then when we went to houston, they showed me the modified head and i had one more opportunity to make changes. it looked fab to me so they set it and polished it and thinned out the prong tips and it ended up being awesome.
30.gif

leeenie

Shiny_Rock
I''m glad you''re so happy with it! I will see what they can do. I also want the thinner-prong, cupped spready look, and it looks like the standard head is pretty thick near the base, in terms of width of the prong from the part touching the stone to the outside edge of the prong, if that makes sense. Also it looks like the bottom of each of the "V" areas are a larger piece of metal than they they need to be, but I don''t know what they can do about that. Thanks for the info again.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
teagreen, the one thing that i would have asked them to shave down a bit more is those areas at the bottom of each prong where it meets the base. i certainly don't want to compromise the setting security or anything, but i didn't even think to ask about those and then of course after i had the ring i was like well i don't want to deal with asking for something after the fact. but if you are considering doing something similar to what i did, definitely ask if they can trim down those areas a bit...there is also some metal that connects each prong to the other at the bottom kind of like a small scooped web (i guess that is the V section) and i would have asked them to trim that out a little too. but not sure again if that compromises any sort of 'diamond security' in which case it wouldn't be worth it. but other than the stuff at the base, the prongs themselves are pretty thin so i don't think i would have wanted them to do any more work to those and the tips are perfection.

also teagreen, back on page 1 and 2 i posted some pictures of the old head, new head, and the finished head so check those out as well.

leeenie

Shiny_Rock
I did look at the pictures of your head on pages 1 and 2, especially the close-up side views of the head, which were helpful. Compared to jcrow''s head, which I think, but am not sure, is the standard solstice head, yours looks clearly different and closer to what I want. WF sent me pictures of the solstice head, but they didn''t clearly show the side-view - in fact, I think it was jcrow''s shots they sent me so I couldn''t see what the prongs look like exactly.

I think we''re thinking of the same thing in terms of what area to shave down - if you look at each prong as a triangle, the base of the triangle could be narrower - does that make sense? I think if they could do that, then the "V" web part would be lower/less there.

Anyway, I may be jumping the gun, because I wanted to see the stone, but didn''t want to pay to have it shipped back to WF and then back to me again to have it set - that would be an extra $200 or so, so they offered to set it and ship it already set and then I could keep it if I like it...the only concerns are whether the stone can''t be evaluated as well when set, and the level of customization they can do to the head while still being able to accept it for return if I don''t like the stone...complicated. I''ve barely gotten any work done today!

Thanks again!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Mara, you take the best pics of your rings!!! I can''t stop staring at them!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Mara, I love LOVE LOVE that last pic in natural lighting surrounded by blue flowers! I keep checking this thread from time to time, just to drool over the new pics of your ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results