shape
carat
color
clarity

The New Bachelor

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

niccia

Shiny_Rock
What I am not sure about is whether or not Melissa was in on this...I don''t believe for a second that Molly wasn''t (along with the producers and Jason). They used too much foreshadowing beforehand and all the bawling from Jason about his decision - so fake. Plus, no rejectee ever comes out and immediately says they still love the guy. They always try to maintain some dignity on the ATFR. I would probably agree to getting dumped on national tv too if the price was right
9.gif
and Melissa might have known she would get the sympathy vote.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Just watched Elizabeth on The View and her Bachelor Party she hosted with her girlfriends. What a hoot!

Jason certainly is getting a lot finger shaking. I wonder now if he feels manipulated by ABC? According to the
blog reports, Jason knew early on that Molly was it. He also said Melissa was in second running. So it seems ABC
used Melissa to add suspense and generate ratings. Jason did not have to dump her on TV, Melissa already knew
they were not going to work out. But for the sake of TV drama, Jason went along with the plan. That is what
burns me up, how spineless he was to go along with all this. All the concern from his family about Jason getting hurt
is so telling, if you ask me. Jason seems very emotional and immature, maybe his family knows that and wants to
protect him. Wonder how long they will stay in hiding, ha ha!!

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 10:55:01 AM
Author: Namaste

Date: 3/3/2009 10:34:48 AM
Author: phoenixgirl

I was not impressed with the way she treated Jason when he broke up with her; sure, it was a d*ck move, and embarrassing as all get out. And if she agreed to marry him in good faith, then he really did ruin what was supposed to be a once in a lifetime thing. But has she ever seen the show before? I wouldn''t count on any proposal at the end of taping as a sure thing. DH and I agreed that we didn''t respect her until later in the limo when she explained that her anger was just so Jason wouldn''t see her hurt. Because it was very childish when she was being sarcastic, and maybe that''s how she acts when she doesn''t get her way all the time. She saw this coming, and still acted that way, as opposed to Molly who behaved with much more class when Jason didn''t propose to her, and that''s something she didn''t see coming.

Hmm I don''t really agree that Molly behaved with class when Jason didn''t propose to her.. repeating over and over again ''you''re making a big mistake'' IMO isn''t classy.
I agree with Namaste. Molly''s reaction to Jason choosing Melissa was smug. Her face was smug and her words were smug. It''s the best word I can come up with. In more words or less she told him he was being stupid by making the choice he made. I couldn''t stand to look at her face and her reaction was far from classy. She never once said anything about why she was the right choice for Jason, she only talked about how Melissa was the wrong one.

I actually thought that Melissa''s reaction on the other hand, was the most mature I''ve seen her throughout the whole season! She was angry and hurt but she maintained her composure and said everything she wanted and needed to say with screaming, breaking down, bawling, etc. (at least from what we saw on TV).

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
For the record, my husband and I burst into laughter by the 10th time Jason cried last night. At last count, he was up to 24 crying jags.

DeAnna was emotionless as ever, though, hey?

Mrs.Guz

Shiny_Rock
I cannot stop laughing about this entire Bachelor situation.

My husband thought I was crazy for watching this "comedy" for 3 hours last night.

Not sure if I will bother to watch again tonight!
emteeth.gif

"The Bachelor: After the Final Rose, Part 2" Jason Mesnick, the first single dad in "Bachelor" history, will appear with both of the final two women he selected on this exciting and moving look back at the journey they all took together. Viewers will be treated to the latest update on the happy couple and the woman Jason didn''t choose on this one-hour special that will wrap the 13th and most successful season of ABC''s popular romance reality series in recent years, on "The Bachelor: After the Final Rose, Part 2," TUESDAY, MARCH 3 (10:00-11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really think Jason should have left his son out of the show. It seems incredibly exploitative, to have him dressed up in a bow tie and shirt, to "celebrate" by jumping in the pool with the woman his Dad had picked. Poor kid, he's going to be so confused . . .

Also, Jason's an insurance salesman (funeral preparedness planning or something like that), no? Living with his brother in a townhouse in Seattle? Divorced with a kid? What happened to the "Bachelor" who used to be a CATCH? Now we just have an average Joe with relationship issues - Melissa/Molly could have found that guy without the help of ABC.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
29.gif

I agree with what has been said. He was very fake. I can understand about falling for two people at the same time but he knew it wasn''t working out beforehand! WHY do it on national TV!? He should be ashamed of himself!

It all seems so scripted to me. And of course ABC hires the guy who isn''t afraid to cry!
20.gif
I believe Jason and Melissa just hugged when they saw each other but Molly gave Jason a kiss on the cheek. Would you kiss a guy who broke your heart 6 weeks ago? I don''t believe he didn''t talk or see Molly during those 6 weeks. The responses Molly gave made me think she knew what was going on.

I feel so bad for Melissa. Watching it made me sick! But she handled it well.
36.gif
for Melissa for standing up for herself! For letting him have it. Calling him a bastard (my favorite part) and telling him to never call her and leave her alone! She should have kept that ring and sold it!

Wonder what''ll happen tonight. I hope the loser is alone!

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Yeah, watch Molly be wearing the ring tonight.
14.gif

You can''t tell me that Jason and Molly weren''t sleeping with each other by the time the final rose ceremony came around, which is probably why Molly was so shocked. If she was comfortable enough to get on top of him while wearing a bikini, cameras rolling, giving him a massage and then ASK HIM TO ROLL OVER, you know she''s no innocent mary. There was more going on behind the scenes.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 12:27:06 PM
Author: snlee

29.gif

I agree with what has been said. He was very fake. I can understand about falling for two people at the same time but he knew it wasn''t working out beforehand! WHY do it on national TV!? He should be ashamed of himself!

It all seems so scripted to me. And of course ABC hires the guy who isn''t afraid to cry!
20.gif
I believe Jason and Melissa just hugged when they saw each other but Molly gave Jason a kiss on the cheek. Would you kiss a guy who broke your heart 6 weeks ago? I don''t believe he didn''t talk or see Molly during those 6 weeks. The responses Molly gave made me think she knew what was going on.

I feel so bad for Melissa. Watching it made me sick! But she handled it well.
36.gif
for Melissa for standing up for herself! For letting him have it. Calling him a bastard (my favorite part) and telling him to never call her and leave her alone! She should have kept that ring and sold it!

Wonder what''ll happen tonight. I hope the loser is alone!
I feel bad for Melissa too; the bachelor just showed what type of person he was on national tv. He is slimy to me.
14.gif
ditto on hoping he is alone.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Can someone recap what happened with Jason and Deanna? I realize she was a Bachelorette. And I realize that he didn''t make it. How did that end? He actually proposed?

Last night was the first I''ve watched of this season. I will admit to rooting for Melissa. I thought she was the right choice. I didn''t like Molly''s "you made a mistake" crap. And the whole "she''s not right for you". That was the wrong path to take imo. But whatever. Molly seemed genuinely shocked to me. She had to know something was going on as there was no live audience and none of the other girls were there. But her shock seemed real. Melissa''s comment about "I thought everything was perfect" was such a joke. Seriously? She sat far away from Jason on the couch and I don''t believe they even kissed when she came out. There''s no way she thought things were perfect. Relationships aren''t like that.

Ultimately Melissa will be fine. There will be a line of boys at her door. She''s famous now.

Jason is in love with Molly''s eyes. Not sure he is in love with HER.

Jason likes the act of falling in love. Once that is over then he''s done.

That''s just my 2 cents from only watching three hours of the season last night. :)

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 12:47:41 PM
Author: hoofbeats95
Can someone recap what happened with Jason and Deanna? I realize she was a Bachelorette. And I realize that he didn''t make it. How did that end? He actually proposed?

Last night was the first I''ve watched of this season. I will admit to rooting for Melissa. I thought she was the right choice. I didn''t like Molly''s ''you made a mistake'' crap. And the whole ''she''s not right for you''. That was the wrong path to take imo. But whatever. Molly seemed genuinely shocked to me. She had to know something was going on as there was no live audience and none of the other girls were there. But her shock seemed real. Melissa''s comment about ''I thought everything was perfect'' was such a joke. Seriously? She sat far away from Jason on the couch and I don''t believe they even kissed when she came out. There''s no way she thought things were perfect. Relationships aren''t like that.

Ultimately Melissa will be fine. There will be a line of boys at her door. She''s famous now.

Jason is in love with Molly''s eyes. Not sure he is in love with HER.

Jason likes the act of falling in love. Once that is over then he''s done.

That''s just my 2 cents from only watching three hours of the season last night. :)
Jason made it to the final two with Deanna. Before she could even get a word out in the final rose ceremony he got down on one knee and started to propose. She immdediately said "I can''t do this!" and pulled him up. He was mad at her for letting him get down on one knee but the way I see it he didn''t give her a chance to let him down.

If I have to hear "Oh... those eyes!" one more time I am going to vomit! Blech.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
My classy comments need to be taken in context . . . in the context of a show where your supposed future husband has to propose to you only minutes after breaking up with his other girlfriend.

Molly didn''t cry excessively. She didn''t curse Jason. If any woman were seriously planning to accept a man''s proposal and he didn''t make one, I think she would naturally be shocked and feel he had made a wrong choice. And if she had had any semblance of a real relationship with him, she would tell him so. I think she was classy because she didn''t fall apart blubbering, she didn''t lash out, and she spoke her peace. Unless the "ABC convinced Jason and Molly to trick Melissa for ratings" conspiracy is to be believed, Molly turned out to be right in the end. Is it smug to know your guy is making a bad decision?

whitetulips

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 10:34:48 AM
Having been forewarned by Reality Steve, I was of course watching Melissa very closely when she came into the room for After the Final Rose. She was obviously on edge and not comfortable with Jason. If she had thought they were still a happy couple, she would have come bounding in and attacked him with hugs and kisses.

Of course, Jason ''explains'' that away by saying that he had been honest with her that things weren''t working out. The ''chemistry'' changed. What does that mean? If I''m doing the math right, the proposal was filmed mid-December at the latest. Then they spent the holidays together only a couple of weeks later. Since they couldn''t go public, this doesn''t mean they were with her family or his; they were on some romantic getaway somewhere. What if she really did become a totally different person once the cameras were off? What if there really is a reason why she always thinks she gets blindsided by boyfriends? Maybe she really has issues that she can''t see.

I was not impressed with the way she treated Jason when he broke up with her; sure, it was a d*ck move, and embarrassing as all get out. And if she agreed to marry him in good faith, then he really did ruin what was supposed to be a once in a lifetime thing. But has she ever seen the show before? I wouldn''t count on any proposal at the end of taping as a sure thing. DH and I agreed that we didn''t respect her until later in the limo when she explained that her anger was just so Jason wouldn''t see her hurt. Because it was very childish when she was being sarcastic, and maybe that''s how she acts when she doesn''t get her way all the time. She saw this coming, and still acted that way, as opposed to Molly who behaved with much more class when Jason didn''t propose to her, and that''s something she didn''t see coming.

I thought Molly was shocked too. They definitely edited things to make us anticipate the reversal . . . all those clips of Molly telling Jason he made a mistake, then Chris getting Molly to admit that she was still in love with Jason. But that doesn''t mean that they somehow forced Jason to pick Melissa, dump her, then pick Molly. I think they just have so much footage that they can pick and choose just what fits their ''script.'' I remember being totally shocked when Trista picked Ryan over Charlie (?). They had edited it so that Ryan seemed like the underdog when obviously she had decided early on that he was the one.

If anything, I think Molly might have been given hints that Jason and Melissa didn''t work out, but I don''t think she knew for sure or thought he was going to proposition her.

As for Jason breaking up with Melissa on tv, well, that''s just a jerk move. I guess he said he wanted to do it in person, and I''m pretty sure the show limits how often they can see each other. But still, haven''t other happy couples walked in to the After the Final Rose together . . . in other words, that they have been together off stage for some time? My guess is that Jason told the producers things weren''t working out, and one of them planted the idea in his head that it was best to do this in person. I don''t think Jason is the brightest guy, and he probably didn''t realize that being together in person doesn''t necessitate being filmed for network television.

So, to review, I believe that Melissa is guilty of being volatile (somebody who wears her love on her sleeve also wears everything else on it too) and not mature enough for Jason, Jason is guilty of being a mimbo who is easily manipulated by the television producers and women alike, and Molly is guilty of having poor taste in men. It''s one thing to want a proposal when you''re in the show--rarely does a contestant reject a rose, even at the end when marriage is on the line--but it''s another to still feel ''exactly the same'' six weeks later when you''ve been rejected by the man for as long as you even got to know him.

I''d say Jason and Molly have about a 7% chance of lasting even a few months. But I do think they genuinely care about each other, and I do think Jason originally picked Melissa in good faith . . . as good as the faith of a man who has already proposed to at least two other women, one of them on tv after knowing her just as long as he knew Melissa, can be.

I have to agree with all of this. I was watching closely when Melissa came out and I don''t think she was even wearing the ring. I think that they had their breakup before they came on tv, and then they pretended to do it all over again. Melissa was so emotional the whole season, and then to barely even tear up after Jason supposedly dumped her? I don''t buy it- and I thought she seemed like she was acting. The only part that I saw as really being Melissa was when she said the thing about him taking her one proposal from her. I still think the whole thing is a bunch of crap and all for publicity, but I think Molly seemed pretty genuinely excited/surprised; however, I didn''t really think about the fact that she kissed his cheek when he came out.

I kept looking at my fiance thinking that he is the only person I have ever met that I can actually picture myself being with for the rest of my life. Jason has now thought that his first wife was who he would spend the rest of his life with, then Deanna, then Melissa, now Molly? That was the one thing that we joked about- he obviously doesn''t know himself very well.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 1:42:44 PM
Author: Clairitek

Jason made it to the final two with Deanna. Before she could even get a word out in the final rose ceremony he got down on one knee and started to propose. She immdediately said ''I can''t do this!'' and pulled him up. He was mad at her for letting him get down on one knee but the way I see it he didn''t give her a chance to let him down.

If I have to hear ''Oh... those eyes!'' one more time I am going to vomit! Blech.
Hmmm...I have to disagree. I watched the clip the musey posted way back and she DID have time to say something and let him get up before he took the ring box out of his pocket. I know there''s that whole "you''re in shock and you don''t know what to do" argument, but she DID have time. I''m too lazy to go back and post the video, but to me it looked like she was so caught up in the moment and so in love with the fact that he was so crazy for her that she let it drag on a touch too long. I''m not a fan of DeAnna though so I think I''m biased!
3.gif

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 1:51:41 PM
My classy comments need to be taken in context . . . in the context of a show where your supposed future husband has to propose to you only minutes after breaking up with his other girlfriend.

Molly didn''t cry excessively. She didn''t curse Jason. If any woman were seriously planning to accept a man''s proposal and he didn''t make one, I think she would naturally be shocked and feel he had made a wrong choice. And if she had had any semblance of a real relationship with him, she would tell him so. I think she was classy because she didn''t fall apart blubbering, she didn''t lash out, and she spoke her peace. Unless the ''ABC convinced Jason and Molly to trick Melissa for ratings'' conspiracy is to be believed, Molly turned out to be right in the end. Is it smug to know your guy is making a bad decision?
Being smug has nothing to do with what you know but how you communicate it. If she had said, "I care about you so much. We''re so good together. I don''t get it because we are so perfect for each other," then that would have come across much classier than, "You''re making a mistake. You''re not being smart about this. You''re making a huge mistake." That''s just my opinion though.
1.gif

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 2:24:45 PM
Author: sammyj

Date: 3/3/2009 1:51:41 PM

Molly didn''t cry excessively. She didn''t curse Jason. If any woman were seriously planning to accept a man''s proposal and he didn''t make one, I think she would naturally be shocked and feel he had made a wrong choice. And if she had had any semblance of a real relationship with him, she would tell him so. I think she was classy because she didn''t fall apart blubbering, she didn''t lash out, and she spoke her peace. Unless the ''ABC convinced Jason and Molly to trick Melissa for ratings'' conspiracy is to be believed, Molly turned out to be right in the end. Is it smug to know your guy is making a bad decision?
Being smug has nothing to do with what you know but how you communicate it. If she had said, ''I care about you so much. We''re so good together. I don''t get it because we are so perfect for each other,'' then that would have come across much classier than, ''You''re making a mistake. You''re not being smart about this. You''re making a huge mistake.'' That''s just my opinion though.
1.gif

Agreed. Saying your making a huge mistake and that she isn''t the one is pointing the finger to some extent. Which is what people always want to do in that type of situation. It would have been better to say that she didn''t get it, that she thought their relationship was real . . . to kind of keep it within the relationship. But I agree that she was classier than she could have been! I''d have probably lashed out trying to hurt him like he was hurting me!
23.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really don''t know what to think....
6.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
First of all, I think Melissa handled herself with ooddles of class considering the emotional beating she was taking via national television. Molly, on the other hand has an ugly mouth and she was a bit to cocky for my taste.

I think the Bachelor, in and of itself, is a joke...with a success rate of...um...1 out of bunch, I think everything done at this point is simply for rating real human emotion was removed from the equation seasons ago...and the network will have to invent new ways of making the show appealing and captivating--because lets face it, it''s a pretty boring formula at this point.

However, you can''t help how you feel...Melissa may have really loved and cared for Jason..if she did, even knowing that the relationship was going nowhere, hearing it is still painful. I''m sorry...but I feel for her, jeezzz..that''s a rough role to play.

Molly, in my opinion, cheapened herself. Did she not realize that he had just dumped a girl sitting in her exact spot less than 15 minutes prior? She should have taken a step back, and really thought it over. Because when a man shows you who he is, pay attention.

Jason, Jason, Jason...what can you say? He''s a scumbag...and a single father. I personally never found him, or his story to be appealing. I think using your son is wrong...you can be a single dad looking for love without parading your kid around like a prop.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I read RS prior to last nights finale, so I knew what was supposedly going to happen...but I have to say that I am not at all happy with this ending! It seemed fake to me, just the way Jason was talking and acting felt more like he was acting. I feel so sorry for Melissa, that was not right what he did to her. Whether this was planned by ABC or not, it was gone about all wrong.

I loved it when Melissa called him a bastard, that was awesome!

If I were Molly I would have told him to buzz off
29.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my.
23.gif
Just watched on abc.com. How odd. Jason was wierding me out a lot. Meh. Molly can have him
shrug1.gif

I''d root for either a Jillian OR Melissa bachelorette. What if they combined them?! And they had the same pool of guys, presented roses (some guys would get roses from both
6.gif
), etc.?
lol.gif
Not that they''d do that in a miiiiiiilllion years, but if they did, I''d watch
3.gif

bebe

Ideal_Rock
anyone else watching tonight?

same ''ol, same ''ol

and how many rings does Steph have on, ha ha!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
It was a bit of a yawn....

Looks like Jillian is the next Bachelorette. Am a bit surprised she agreed to do it.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
It was a total bore, why even rehash all that again...

I thought Jillian would be it. Melissa is on to better things, hopefully.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 10:36:52 PM
Author: bebe

same ''ol, same ''ol

I thought it was just Jason, Molly, and Melissa tonight. They bring out all the girls again? I didn''t watch The Women Tell All because they were all getting on my nerves.

I was going to stay up to watch but now maybe not...seems like nothing worth staying up for.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 12:11:49 AM
Author: snlee

Date: 3/3/2009 10:36:52 PM
Author: bebe

same ''ol, same ''ol

I thought it was just Jason, Molly, and Melissa tonight. They bring out all the girls again? I didn''t watch The Women Tell All because they were all getting on my nerves.

I was going to stay up to watch but now maybe not...seems like nothing worth staying up for.
the girls were only out for the first segment, then only jason, then only molly, then jason and molly, then "next bachelorette"

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
It was definitely boring. However, maybe I misunderstood but something did confuse me.

Chris asked Molly how things have been these past weeks since the swap. She said it had been a rough few weeks and that people were questioning her morals, etc and that has been hard. But she has had Jason to lean on. (sumarizing here)

Well if America only found out about the swap on Monday night how could she have had weeks of rough times? That was taped right? Am I not understanding? Maybe the time lapse isn''t making sense. It was 6 weeks from the swap to last night''s show. But only one night (24 hours) for America. So how could anyone question her morals during that time? Don''t get it.

Also - why was that audience so mellow? I would have stood up and said "Ok you picked the wrong girl. Things didn''t work out. That''s life. Happens to everyone. Breaking up with her is one thing, but WHY on TV???"

IMO a more classy show would have been just Jason and Mollly - where Jason says things didn''t work out with Melissa and he broke up with her a couple week prior. Not 5 mins ago on TV on the SAME couch!!!! Poor Melissa!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 10:00:04 AM
Author: hoofbeats95
It was definitely boring. However, maybe I misunderstood but something did confuse me.

Chris asked Molly how things have been these past weeks since the swap. She said it had been a rough few weeks and that people were questioning her morals, etc and that has been hard. But she has had Jason to lean on. (sumarizing here)

Well if America only found out about the swap on Monday night how could she have had weeks of rough times? That was taped right? Am I not understanding? Maybe the time lapse isn't making sense. It was 6 weeks from the swap to last night's show. But only one night (24 hours) for America. So how could anyone question her morals during that time? Don't get it.

Also - why was that audience so mellow? I would have stood up and said 'Ok you picked the wrong girl. Things didn't work out. That's life. Happens to everyone. Breaking up with her is one thing, but WHY on TV???'

IMO a more classy show would have been just Jason and Mollly - where Jason says things didn't work out with Melissa and he broke up with her a couple week prior. Not 5 mins ago on TV on the SAME couch!!!! Poor Melissa!
I think she was talking about all the rumors from Reality Steve and US Weekly that let the cat out of the bag that Jason was going to be doing the switch at the After The Final Rose. These rumors have been out for weeks, and they have been saying that it was all fake and Jason was told to pick Melissa even though he knew it was going to be Molly all along for ratings purposes. They also said that Molly and Jason had been seeing each other all along even though they claimed to not have spoken since he broke up with her, so that is what she was talking about when she said people were questioning her morals.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
How many times did they say "and you hadn''t seen each other until you sat on this couch 6 weeks ago"... Hahah it was kind of funny to me, how badly they wanted to get that across.

I think they are both missing a sensitivity chip.

And yeah, that was really boring. They gross me out.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I turned it off after Jason first came out because I was bored with it. I think the audience was comprised of paid actors with scripted questions. They had to be because I don''t know anyone who would be that understanding.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I think picking Melissa was a mistake from the get go. It appeared to me that he had more feelings for Molly. Especially in the finale. I honestly think he didn't know what to do and made an impulse choice by picking Mel. I think he was wrong for proposing to her though if he wasn't 100% sure he wanted to marry her. At least he figured it out and was honest about it, even though it hurt her...

I really like Molly but I don't know how she could forgive him for choosing Mel over her. Because that makes her sloppy seconds if you ask me. I still think Jason is a good guy. He just didn't know what to do...

I don't know, it's all a mess. And what's with Reality Steve anway? The guy is highly motivated and apparently has NO LIFE...lol

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results