shape
carat
color
clarity

The New Bachelor

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
That seemed so contrived to me!! I''m done with that show!

I''m with Veper! I woulda kept that darn ring (even though I didn''t like it) and peaced out!

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 11:01:01 PM
Author: bebe
there''s a part 2 tomorrow night????

maybe he proposes to Deanna tomorrow night.

it was hard to read Molly. Maybe she was shocked and didn''t know

what does Reality Steve say, ha ha!

Yeah, now I''m wondering when the follow-up story will be on. Maybe he''ll get dumped my Molly in part 2
11.gif

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 11:04:35 PM
Author: blackpolkadot
Date: 3/2/2009 11:03:03 PM

Author: Clairitek

Date: 3/2/2009 10:20:19 PM

Author: october2008bride

Date: 3/2/2009 10:16:32 PM

Author: jcrow

why is he doing this?! on national tv?!! omg.

Ditto. This is sick.

My heart broke when she said ''how could you take that away from me?'' in relation to her having her engagement experience and now he took it back.

Poor girl :(

Mine too! When I was watching her face in the finale when she first realized he was about to propose it brought me back to sitting in my dining room and realizing that FI was about to propose to me. It was THE BEST feeling in the world and I feel so sorry that he has taken that first time away from her. I hope that the next time it happens to her, its for real.

I love how she called him a ''bastard'' under her breath. He totally deserved that.

My favorite part of the whole night!

9.gif

That part made me so sad!! SO''s response was "Dude, this is the kind of guy your mother warns you about" Heehee...smart guy.
2.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 11:04:56 PM
Author: CrookedRock

I''m with Veper! I woulda kept that darn ring (even though I didn''t like it) and peaced out!
Me too! I have no idea why she gave that thing back. If she really wanted to give it back to him she should have gotten up to walk out and then turned around and whipped it at him.

But then that would be diamond abuse.
38.gif

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 11:09:58 PM

Me too! I have no idea why she gave that thing back. If she really wanted to give it back to him she should have gotten up to walk out and then turned around and whipped it at him.

38.gif
she could have worked out a deal to keep it. she deserved something for going along with this disaster.
but I bet she gets all kinds of press now.

I wonder if Jason does give Molly a ring, which one it will be? A smaller diamond? Does he pay for it? Don''t second wives
usually get bigger stones, ha ha!!

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Now I''m wondering if the whole Reality Steve thing was part of ABCs plot to get more viewers too
38.gif
I would not be surprised.

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Ok so I didn''t even watch b/c if what RealitySteve said was true, I was so disgusted I didn''t want to watch. I tivo''d it in the hopes that he was wrong.

I just tuned in for the last 10 minutes of the AFter the Rose ceremony.

1. Shouldn''t Molly have asked if Jason was so in love with her, then WHY did he pick another girl?

2. Great example to your son. Show him how to be a "real man".

3. So he picked the girl he most wanted to have sex with, proposed to her, then decided he still wanted to have sex with Molly, dumped the first one, and is now telling Molly she never wasn''t "in his heart"? Is he f***ing kidding me?

4. And what is up with her smile? Yes, this is the man for me, you picked another girl over me, humiliated her on national tv, and now you are asking me to take you back? What a stand-up guy. She''s pathetic. I so wanted her to tell him to f**k right off. How dare he think she would be his second choice? Apparently, she is glad to be second.

5. He really thinks America is just going to be happy that they have "followed their hearts"?

6. Does Chris Harrison look really uncomfortable?????

Jason should be ashamed of himself. They are about to be the most hated "couple". Ugh. Now I remember why I don''t watch this show.

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 10:22:25 PM
Author: paeony
He would be having the same conversation with Molly had he picked her...

what a sleaze

(I hope Molly has moved on)

I'm kinda thinking the same thing.

But I'm going back and forth with thinking he's an ass and thinking he did the right thing.
If he has these nagging feelings for Molly still then why is he such a bad person for breaking it off with Melissa. It takes a lot of guts to do what you feel is right for yourself.
He just needs to get it together...

ETA: I forgot to add that i DO NOT think he should have saved the break-up for national television. He couldn't have broken up with her before the show and then ANNOUNCED it at the "after the rose" show?!

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 11:14:08 PM

Date: 3/2/2009 11:09:58 PM

Sorry Vesper, I didn''t mean to butcher your name! I got so worked up I couldn''t type!

38.gif
she could have worked out a deal to keep it. she deserved something for going along with this disaster.
but I bet she gets all kinds of press now.

I wonder if Jason does give Molly a ring, which one it will be? A smaller diamond? Does he pay for it? Don''t second wives
usually get bigger stones, ha ha!!
That better not be true!!! (At least for me! LOL)
2.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do not believe this.
What a bastard.
This guy is a real schmuck. I don''t normally say things like that, but he''s awful.

I thought he was boring from the beginning, but to be boring AND heartless? What an awful combination.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Ugh. I feel sick. Poor Melissa, I feel so sorry for her. I agree, she should have kept the ring and sold it on Ebay! Jason is a loser, she should count her blessings she didn''t end up marrying that tool.

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Namaste-

I think that''s the whole thing, that he did this on national tv.

Plus, if he wasn''t sure, then he didn''t HAVE to propose to anyone.

But regardless, breaking up with Melissa and then telling Molly on national TV is just tacky, hurtful, and wrong. No sympathy or understanding for that one.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 11:17:50 PM
Author: shimmer
Now I''m wondering if the whole Reality Steve thing was part of ABCs plot to get more viewers too
38.gif

I don''t really think so... I think the Bachelor''s producers tried to squash that and are probably REALLY ticked at him.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 11:37:33 PM
Author: OUpeargirl

38.gif

I don''t really think so... I think the Bachelor''s producers tried to squash that and are probably REALLY ticked at him.
this Steve guy - how does he know so much and get away with it? I watched his video and wondered how he could disclose
all that he knew! Does he not work there any longer? Was he on the set? How did he get all this info? strange

Jason is going to be on JImmy Kimble tonight - I''m watching that in a bit.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 11:52:56 PM
Date: 3/2/2009 11:37:33 PM

Author: OUpeargirl

38.gif

this Steve guy - how does he know so much and get away with it? I watched his video and wondered how he could disclose

all that he knew! Does he not work there any longer? Was he on the set? How did he get all this info? strange

Jason is going to be on JImmy Kimble tonight - I''m watching that in a bit.

Background on RS, he has been blogging about the Bachelor for many, many seasons. He usually just reviews the show in a comical way. He has met people from the show across the years. He has said before that he''s received spoilers but has not done or said anything about it.. choosing to let the viewers see it all play out. But this season when he got his tip he decided to blog about it, because it was too huge.

I don''t believe he is hired by ABC, though anything is possible. I wasn''t positive I believed him until I saw how FAKE Jason and Molly seemed tonight.

ICK!!

HappyAnniversary

Shiny_Rock
Ok, this show just "jumped the shark" as far as I am concerned. I think it is all all real as All Star Wrestling. And Jason had better gotten paid a huge amount because if that man is going to be looking for a job I can''t see any corporation wanting him to represent their company in any capacity. A few years from now he may think this wasn''t a very smart decision because if people do believe the show is real he looks just like what Melissa called him. Pathetic TV--I am going to look forward to getting my Kindle in the mail and reading some great books cos this is the last Bachelor I will ever watch.

I told my daughter that it would be really cool if Molly had a confession for Jason, does he really love her no matter what? because a few years ago she had secret trip to Thailand for a series of operations--she left the USA as Maury and returned as Molly!! Would love to see Jason''s face after that. I guess that is what they''ve cooked up for the next season,

Anyway, my final analysis is that the producers saw interest waning and had to ramp it up a bit and it was just the death knell for the whole concept. Once it lost its believability it is no longer worth anyone''s time.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
ok, Jason is on Jimmy Kimble.

Apparently Melissa knew Jason was going to break up with her, but it all had to be played out on TV.

Jason says Melissa was what he wanted, but over time, he realized he wanted Molly and he couldn''t follow through
with the engagement. Jason said he and Melissa were not meant to be together, their chemistry changed after
the proposal. Sure, that can happen, we''ve seen it time after time with other Bachelor couples. But why do this on TV?
And it didn''t sound like Jason put a ring on Molly, so why (again) was the breakup on TV? Was ABC milking this for everything
they could. Future ad dollars perhaps?

Jason says there is no talk about marrying Molly, but they are together. He says he has to live his honest true life.
He feels horrible for hurting Melissa. Uggg, what a mess.

Jason is going to be ABC''s Good Morning America Tuesday am. I''ll be sleeping.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
That was pretty awkward. I do feel bad for Melissa but sometimes these things happen. At least he was honest and didn''t stay with her even though he knew it wasn''t going to work out. I hope it works out with Molly.
Melissa will probably be the next bachelorette. Did you notice she kind of looked like Deanna?

violet02

Ideal_Rock
I read Reality Steve. I felt sick when I read it and I feel so sick now.

I find it incredibley hard to believe Melissa knew about this ahead of time. I'm not sure how much Molly knew ahead of time. I'm having a hard time reading her expression in that regard. She sounds so fake though at times.

I've never felt so angry at a reality show ever. I've really disliked some reality show characters but this is just disgusting. He should be ashamed of himself for doing that on national television. I don't care if Melissa knew or not (which I don't think she did). Grow a pair and act like a man and handle that privately and respectfully. Disgusting.

ETA: I will be shocked if Melissa's the bachelorette. Considering how uninvolved her parents were in this show I can't see how they could possibly condone her being on another one.

niccia

Shiny_Rock
Reality Steve has another update...I figured he was right, so I wasn''t shocked at all tonight. I think Melissa was the only one who was really hurt and not "acting". I felt really sorry for her. Apparently, she wouldn''t come to the final taping, and I think if she was just in it for the money/fame, she would have been there. I don''t believe Molly wasn''t in on this before the taping. Who would take a jerk like that back so quickly ??? Jason always seemed too dramatic for me, and I think he was really good at bringing out the crocodile tears...I doubt I''ll ever watch this show again after this
20.gif

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Blech. I''m watching Jimmy Kimmel...

And I read the new Reality Steve update. After the Final Rose Part 2 doesn''t appear to have any great surprises.

I love how ABC is trying to spin this and make it seem ok when it''s really not.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Ok LOL Jimmy Kimmel is one funny guy. That bit at the end when Jason says at some point he and Melissa will be friends one day and Jimmy laughs and says "Oh Nooo you will not... You, Melissa, Israel and Iraq..."

Lightened it up a bit.
1.gif

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Ok...so I had read realitysteve and I knew this was coming but I thought Molly seemed genuinely shocked for some reason. Throughout the entire season I found Molly so fake and arrogant. Her facial expressions and her comments during the final rose ceremony? Seriously?? I mean, who says that a man isn''t making a smart decision if he doesn''t pick her to marry him? Anyway, maybe she''s just a really good actress but that part didn''t look contrived to me.

I couldn''t agree more with all of the people that commented on how well Melissa handled everything! I loved her ''bastard'' comment and how she kept saying ''yep, yep, yep'' after everything Jason said.

I wonder what will happen on ATFR2 tonight...I hope Melissa doesn''t forgive him!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock

You know, I don’t deny that after the show he realized she wasn’t the one. Take away all the theatrics of the show…the rose petals and candles everywhere, the over the top romantic dates, and the settings that just beg for kisses…all you really have left are two regular people. I can see how the chemistry with Melissa may have faded once the cameras stop rolling.

The issue I have with him is that he decided to tell her on TV. I would guess that 40% of all of that was scripted but even so that is not how you brake up with someone.

And his appearance on Jimmy Kimmel last night just confirmed the impression I’ve had of him all along which is why I barely caught any of the episodes: he is a media junkie. He wants publicity. He wants the attention. I don’t believe for a second that he was ever interested in “finding the one” for him and his son. And I’ll even venture out to say that he and Molly won’t last either.

Plus...he''s ugly.
17.gif

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
I read that Jillian is already slated to be the next Bachelorette.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 11:24:46 PM
Author: Namaste
Date: 3/2/2009 10:22:25 PM

Author: paeony

He would be having the same conversation with Molly had he picked her...

what a sleaze

(I hope Molly has moved on)

I''m kinda thinking the same thing.

But I''m going back and forth with thinking he''s an ass and thinking he did the right thing.

If he has these nagging feelings for Molly still then why is he such a bad person for breaking it off with Melissa. It takes a lot of guts to do what you feel is right for yourself.

He just needs to get it together...

ETA: I forgot to add that i DO NOT think he should have saved the break-up for national television. He couldn''t have broken up with her before the show and then ANNOUNCED it at the ''after the rose'' show?!

This is pretty much what I was thinking. I don''t think the way the show is set up that it is really possible for these people to decide without a doubt that they want to get married. He was dating two girls, and then was expected to forget about his feelings for one and totally focus on the other immediately, and that probably won''t often work. I don''t think anyone should get engaged right at the end of these shows. However, it is totally despicable that he waiting to "officially" break it off iwth Melissa until the show.

I really hate how planned it all seemed. Did anyone else think DeAnna just came back to try to sway him to pick the "safer" choice, i.e., Melissa, not because she really cared and didn''t want him to make the same mistake she did, but because that was the route the show wanted him to take?

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 9:14:19 AM
Author: october2008bride
I read that Jillian is already slated to be the next Bachelorette.
So did I! I was so excited to read that! If anyone''s interested in some juicy info that may answer some questions (except for the ''why is Jason such an a**? questions!)...go to www.realitysteve.com. So good!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Having been forewarned by Reality Steve, I was of course watching Melissa very closely when she came into the room for After the Final Rose. She was obviously on edge and not comfortable with Jason. If she had thought they were still a happy couple, she would have come bounding in and attacked him with hugs and kisses.

Of course, Jason "explains" that away by saying that he had been honest with her that things weren't working out. The "chemistry" changed. What does that mean? If I'm doing the math right, the proposal was filmed mid-December at the latest. Then they spent the holidays together only a couple of weeks later. Since they couldn't go public, this doesn't mean they were with her family or his; they were on some romantic getaway somewhere. What if she really did become a totally different person once the cameras were off? What if there really is a reason why she always thinks she gets blindsided by boyfriends? Maybe she really has issues that she can't see.

I was not impressed with the way she treated Jason when he broke up with her; sure, it was a d*ck move, and embarrassing as all get out. And if she agreed to marry him in good faith, then he really did ruin what was supposed to be a once in a lifetime thing. But has she ever seen the show before? I wouldn't count on any proposal at the end of taping as a sure thing. DH and I agreed that we didn't respect her until later in the limo when she explained that her anger was just so Jason wouldn't see her hurt. Because it was very childish when she was being sarcastic, and maybe that's how she acts when she doesn't get her way all the time. She saw this coming, and still acted that way, as opposed to Molly who behaved with much more class when Jason didn't propose to her, and that's something she didn't see coming.

I thought Molly was shocked too. They definitely edited things to make us anticipate the reversal . . . all those clips of Molly telling Jason he made a mistake, then Chris getting Molly to admit that she was still in love with Jason. But that doesn't mean that they somehow forced Jason to pick Melissa, dump her, then pick Molly. I think they just have so much footage that they can pick and choose just what fits their "script." I remember being totally shocked when Trista picked Ryan over Charlie (?). They had edited it so that Ryan seemed like the underdog when obviously she had decided early on that he was the one.

If anything, I think Molly might have been given hints that Jason and Melissa didn't work out, but I don't think she knew for sure or thought he was going to proposition her.

As for Jason breaking up with Melissa on tv, well, that's just a jerk move. I guess he said he wanted to do it in person, and I'm pretty sure the show limits how often they can see each other. But still, haven't other happy couples walked in to the After the Final Rose together . . . in other words, that they have been together off stage for some time? My guess is that Jason told the producers things weren't working out, and one of them planted the idea in his head that it was best to do this in person. I don't think Jason is the brightest guy, and he probably didn't realize that being together in person doesn't necessitate being filmed for network television.

So, to review, I believe that Melissa is guilty of being volatile (somebody who wears her love on her sleeve also wears everything else on it too) and not mature enough for Jason, Jason is guilty of being a mimbo who is easily manipulated by the television producers and women alike, and Molly is guilty of having poor taste in men. It's one thing to want a proposal when you're in the show--rarely does a contestant reject a rose, even at the end when marriage is on the line--but it's another to still feel "exactly the same" six weeks later when you've been rejected by the man for as long as you even got to know him.

I'd say Jason and Molly have about a 7% chance of lasting even a few months. But I do think they genuinely care about each other, and I do think Jason originally picked Melissa in good faith . . . as good as the faith of a man who has already proposed to at least two other women, one of them on tv after knowing her just as long as he knew Melissa, can be.

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 10:34:48 AM
Author: phoenixgirl

I was not impressed with the way she treated Jason when he broke up with her; sure, it was a d*ck move, and embarrassing as all get out. And if she agreed to marry him in good faith, then he really did ruin what was supposed to be a once in a lifetime thing. But has she ever seen the show before? I wouldn''t count on any proposal at the end of taping as a sure thing. DH and I agreed that we didn''t respect her until later in the limo when she explained that her anger was just so Jason wouldn''t see her hurt. Because it was very childish when she was being sarcastic, and maybe that''s how she acts when she doesn''t get her way all the time. She saw this coming, and still acted that way, as opposed to Molly who behaved with much more class when Jason didn''t propose to her, and that''s something she didn''t see coming.

Hmm I don''t really agree that Molly behaved with class when Jason didn''t propose to her.. repeating over and over again "you''re making a big mistake" IMO isn''t classy.

Mrs.Guz

Shiny_Rock
I watched the Bachelor last night and I was so happy for Melissa and Jason.

I was very tired and was not going to watch the next program - After the Final Rose - but I did.

OMG! I was totally shocked! Jason turned out to be a total sleazebag. Breaking up with Melissa on national television - I felt so sorry for her. It probably wasn''t right but I laughed when she called him a bastard.

Jason is a total idiot. His relationship with Molly will be over in 3 months.

I really do not think he is interested in finding another wife. He is all about the publicitiy!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results