The NEW August Tahitians sale thread

pinkgem2522

Shiny_Rock
Re: August Tahitians

Gorgeous pearls!! :love: :love:

Kay

Ideal_Rock

4Ranch Girl, that strand is so stunning! :love: I can't wait to see you wear it.

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock

Thanking my lucky stars someone ELSE bought the Ombre strand ... whew! I went so far as to get an extra photo of it next to the strand I chose at the ruckus for comparison ... sigh.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock

They're all so lovely, I don't know how anyone decides.

I'm with cmd, though, I just remind myself of what I already own.

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock

That strand is gorgeous 4RanchGirl.

I've tried ordering Tahitians online and they never look like the photo, no matter how good the photo is.

I'd love to be able to see a bunch in person. I'm jealous. Tahitian Green with envy ;-)

mapo

Shiny_Rock

4RG, your new strand is to die for! My favorite pearl is that one pearl with blue and purple overtones.

I've received my silver circled strand! It's very pretty! I've updated the comparison thread with pics, but here's one pic of the strand compared with blue baroque akoyas.

baroque_silver_tahitians_4.jpg

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you Mapo for posting, I have been wondering where are all the photo purchases from the sale. Such lovely shapes, shimmering silvery beauties. :love:

mapo

Shiny_Rock

Frost Me|1439498126|3914236 said:
Thank you Mapo for posting, I have been wondering where are all the photo purchases from the sale. Such lovely shapes, shimmering silvery beauties. :love:

I wonder too! A lot of the strands have been sold. I hope members wouldn't mind sharing pics. :cheeky:

juliebeth

Shiny_Rock

i couldn't stand it anymore. i bought a strand (TAN200-1151, if you must know). will update as soon as it is in my grubby little paws! LOL!

(it has those golden acorn pearls at 3 and 6:00, and rings all over the place! colors! rings!)

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

4Ranch- absolutely gorgeous ! You have such an amazing collection :appl:

Julie - that strand is beautiful..I just went and had a peek and it's one of three that I had my eye on :love: lol (but I'm just looking)

Mapo - those circled pearls are wonderful ! Such colour !!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock

mapo|1439483772|3914125 said:
4RG, your new strand is to die for! My favorite pearl is that one pearl with blue and purple overtones.

I've received my silver circled strand! It's very pretty! I've updated the comparison thread with pics, but here's one pic of the strand compared with blue baroque akoyas.

baroque_silver_tahitians_4.jpg

It is very pretty. Nice choice!

EAB

Rough_Rock

I purchased strand TAN200-1147 and received it a couple days ago. It is just beautiful, the colors and luster are lovely. I bought a green body rope at last years August sale and have a 17 inch silver/Aqua strand from a Hong Kong vendor, so I certainly didn't "need" more Tahitians. But we all know how that goes.
It looks quite different than the glamour shot, I like it better in person. Less multicolored than I thought it would be, which is perfect for my tastes. I must confess for all the time I spend here I have never attempted to add a picture. So I will do my best on a new iPad in the next few days.
Is it just me or do other people seem to prefer the real life shots over the glamour shots? To my eye the glamour shots show more colors, but the luster seems somehow diffused.
I've enjoyed seeing all the recent purchases.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium

EAB, that is certainly a very pretty strand (looking at the glamour shot). I look forward to your own photos for comparison. There is also a thread, "Tahitian pearls-- vendor vs. IRL photos" (https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/tahitian-pearls-vendor-vs-irl-pictures.205879/) which might be a great place to post the two photos side by side. This is beneficial to all who are considering buying Tahitians.

I think most of us would like to see IRL photos before buying, but my Tahitian strands look different in my kitchen than they do in my living room; on sunny days vs. overcast days, at morning vs. at noon vs. sunset. All because the natural light varies. Which one, then, is the "real" IRL appearance? All of them are, of course. Similarly, PP may take a simple photo without glamour lighting on their table at my request, but that doesn't mean the pearls will look the same in my home, on any given day, at my degrees latitude, etc.

EAB

Rough_Rock

Yes that is certainly true, Tahitians especially look different almost every time I look at them. Which makes them all the better, in my opinion.
As is often the case, my pictures do not show the beautiful colors I see in person.

_33345.jpg

_33346.jpg

EAB

Rough_Rock

Oh my why did they do that'? They were right side up to begin with!

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'll try to right them. They look nice!!

eab_s_tahitians_1.jpg

eab_s_tahitians_2.jpg

EAB

Rough_Rock

Thank you! Can you tell me what I did wrong? I need to know how to do it correctly!

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have no idea! Maybe it has to do with the way you held the camera or phone you took the shot with?

I take photos with my digital camera, not a smartphone. (I still have a flip phone!) If I hold the camera sideways or upside down, the photos are turned the wrong way around when uploaded them to iPhoto, but then I just rotate them back the right way before choosing the size and exporting them to Documents, from where I upload them here.

EAB

Rough_Rock

Hmmm still not sure. I took them with my iPhone and sent them to my iPad. They appeared upright on both. Thank you, I'll keep trying.
Here's all my Tahitians together, advance apologies when they land upside down!

_33348.jpg

_33349.jpg

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock

LOVE the strands all together!

BWise

Brilliant_Rock

EAB, you look like a queen in the all together shot =)

BWise

Brilliant_Rock

I bought and received a 35" silver strand, and am still undecided about keeping or not. It has just a hint of pink and green. I am not a big fan of circles on them.

Also ordered TAN500-116, and TDN 1164. Both are listed as multi-color, although 1164 appears green and peacock in the stock photos.

Also ordered a multicolor bracelet, still waiting for comparison pictures to select one. Has anyone ever tried those bracelets?

You see, I too has bad Tahitian fever :Up_to_something:

EAB

Rough_Rock

My goodness thank you! Perhaps a bit of Tahitian overkill for some, but I did actually wear them to a formal event. Lots of pearls definitely take away some of "what to wear" trauma. I like to shift the focus to jewels always.
This recent strand was described as multicolor, I picked it as it looked to have more blues than the others. Some peacocks tend to brown out on my skin tone.
Yingh, I like both strands you listed, particularly the one with more green, 1164.
I'd love to see your pictures.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you EAB, I just realized that I got the items numbers mixed up. 500-116 is the green one, 1164 has some color variations from cold to warm tones that I am very interested to see. I will post pictures when they arrive.

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

EAD - Wowser! Now that makes a statement. Are those 4 separate necklaces or is there a rope in there somewhere!? Looks marvellous ! :appl:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium

EAB, the problem with iphone and ipad pictures is that they are too large, so PS makes them smaller and rotates them. I always save them to my PC into a paint or picture management program and resize them, but if you email them to yourself you'll be given an option regarding photo size. If you pick small, and then post that version, they will be the right way up. Your strand are beautiful btw! I love them!

Ying....whoa! I'm excited to see your strands! They look fantastic!

EAB

Rough_Rock

Thank you CMD, It seems when I pick the small size then it blurs the picture. But I will keep playing with them.
Katbran, yes one 35 inch rope, new 18 inch multicolor, and the lighter body strand is 17 inches.

_33384.jpg

_33385.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium

EAB|1439838169|3915704 said:
Thank you CMD, It seems when I pick the small size then it blurs the picture.

That's true, as you lose resolution. Maybe try the medium size. It might give the best resolution without having them resized and rotated on you.

I love the multistrand look with your dress! I have to admit that the silver body multis are the closest to what I always think of as "classic" glowing grey toned Tahitians. It gives me some hints about what to look for, as until now I have tended to gravitate to the dark green/green-blue Tahitians (ok, if I am being honest here, I am the last person to 'need' any new Tahitians as I went a bit crazed during last year's sale, but that doesn't stop my heart from wanting them!).

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock

I was good and didn't get anything :bigsmile: . Love the photos and great buys everyone!

Kay

Ideal_Rock

Mapo, I love that silver strand on you. It looks nice paired with the silvery blue akoyas.

EAB, that is a gorgeous neck full of pearls!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results