shape
carat
color
clarity

The NEW August Tahitians sale thread

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jul 26, 2008
Messages
5,346
Re: August Tahitians

There are a few strands I am interested in. I am having them put together my faux harvest strand and adding some of the focal pearls from their stash, so if that doesn't get to pricey I may pick up another strand. can't wait to see what other people get!
 

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jul 7, 2013
Messages
12,420
Re: August Tahitians

The strand that caught my eyes is the blue AAA one, 8.1 to 10.2mm, for its shapes and colour.

I have saved the pic of this strand, so that I can ask Jeremy to find something similar for me in the future, in 12-14mm size.

It won't be for next year when I am in LA for the Ruckus, as I have other items on my pearl shopping list already.

DK :))
 

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Nov 2, 2012
Messages
3,516
Re: August Tahitians

I was just drooling over that same blue strand, DK. (It has purple overtones!) I'm about pearled out for now but if I was going to get one, that would definitely be my pick!

If anyone here gets it, please post photos!
 

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
2,541
Re: August Tahitians

Wow, prices have gone up compared to the same sale last year! I was looking at what I paid for my smooth drop AAA strands last year vs the AAA strands this year, and it's a significant jump. I wonder why...
 

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
2,541
Re: August Tahitians

seaurchin|1438746310|3911289 said:
I was just drooling over that same blue strand, DK. (It has purple overtones!) I'm about pearled out for now but if I was going to get one, that would definitely be my pick!

If anyone here gets it, please post photos!

If you look at the Rikitea strand thread, Bsomlo bought it when it first came out and posted a ton of photos. She returned it as she didn't feel that it suited her.
 

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Jul 22, 2014
Messages
1,475
Re: August Tahitians

Does anyone know what the September special will be?
 

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
2,541
Re: August Tahitians

I think it's usually the connoisseur sale. So it's where PP sells the things that they couldn't find enough of to have in regular stock or sell as a monthly special (so one of a kind pieces or small batch items). Unsold pieces from the July sale also often resurface.
 

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Jan 6, 2010
Messages
617
Re: August Tahitians

cmd2014|1438773277|3911384 said:
seaurchin|1438746310|3911289 said:
I was just drooling over that same blue strand, DK. (It has purple overtones!) I'm about pearled out for now but if I was going to get one, that would definitely be my pick!

If anyone here gets it, please post photos!

If you look at the Rikitea strand thread, Bsomlo bought it when it first came out and posted a ton of photos. She returned it as she didn't feel that it suited her.


I was wondering if anyone had heard where in the French Polynesia the strands came from this year. Last year a large part of the drops, baroques and rounds were advertised as being from Rikitea. Maybe Ruckus attendees have heard.
 

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
2,541
Re: August Tahitians

The pastels are beautiful. If I hadn't over-indulged last year in the Tahitian sale I would have jumped on making a mixed colour rope. I wonder if some more of the ovals will make an appearance later on in the sale?
 

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Feb 20, 2003
Messages
2,573
Re: August Tahitians

4Ranch Girl|1438798252|3911542 said:
The email said that they will add more strands each week. But if you really want a specific type and ready to buy call and ask.

The bslomo strand number was 1550 you can see a picture of it on Kay when she was deciding between it and the one she bought. I don't have access to my pictures at work or I would post a picture now.

Strand 1550 is gorgeous in person. I had a very hard time returning it, but I liked the darker strand on me just a little bit more. I wish I could have kept both.

Blues on skin -- 1550 on top and my strand on bottom:


1550 is the second strand from the top:



Blues on black -- 1550 (top) and my strand on 4RG:

img_8855.jpg

img_8856.jpg

img_8858.jpg

img_8863.jpg
 

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Feb 20, 2003
Messages
2,573
Re: August Tahitians

I picked up 3 of the Tahitian sale strands at the ruckus (silver, silver with strong blue overtones, and multi-color) to combine with a Peacock strand I bought previously to create a long, "faux harvest" double rope. (I can think of multiple ways to style the 72" of pearls -- I can't wait to play with it!)
 

mapo

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Aug 1, 2013
Messages
283
Re: August Tahitians

I couldn't resist. I picked up this strand -

light_silver_tahitian_2.jpg
light_silver_tahitian_1.jpg

I'm hoping these are as pretty in person as in the photos. Tahitians are really tricky to buy sight unseen.
 

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
7,312
Re: August Tahitians

dk168|1438727358|3911170 said:
The strand that caught my eyes is the blue AAA one, 8.1 to 10.2mm, for its shapes and colour.

I have saved the pic of this strand, so that I can ask Jeremy to find something similar for me in the future, in 12-14mm size.

It won't be for next year when I am in LA for the Ruckus, as I have other items on my pearl shopping list already.

DK :))

DK - I am looking forward to seeing you in LA next year. I presume that this is your wit at work here. I'm pretty sure that I would be able to purchase a new car (or two) for the price of a 12 to 14 mm strand of lustrous round natural color Tahitian blues. :lol: But, if you can convince Jeremy to find such a strand for you, and he succeeds, I would dearly love to see it in person.
 

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Jan 6, 2010
Messages
617
Re: August Tahitians

Goodness Kay, beautiful neck full of pearls. :love: :love: :love:
 

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Jan 6, 2010
Messages
617
Re: August Tahitians

4Ranch Girl|1438798452|3911545 said:
By the way pastels aren't offered often. The last time I think was 2009 and 2010. That's when I bought my lighter body strands.

Last summer after the PP tahitian sale, I purchased a lighter body Rikitea strand, I didn't remember seeing it offered during the sale. I requested the strand be strung with a grey silk which makes it appear even lighter and softer. I reach for it the most and works well with all of my wardrobe. I highly recommend a light strand!

img_5283.jpg
 

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Jan 6, 2010
Messages
617
Re: August Tahitians

mapo|1438801054|3911575 said:
I couldn't resist. I picked up this strand -

light_silver_tahitian_2.jpg
light_silver_tahitian_1.jpg

I'm hoping these are as pretty in person as in the photos. Tahitians are really tricky to buy sight unseen.


Mapo, I love the rings and the colors :love: :love: of this strand very nice! Congrats! Please post pictures when you receive it.
 

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Aug 1, 2003
Messages
5,623
Re: August Tahitians

Kay|1438800939|3911572 said:
I picked up 3 of the Tahitian sale strands at the ruckus (silver, silver with strong blue overtones, and multi-color) to combine with a Peacock strand I bought previously to create a long, "faux harvest" double rope. (I can think of multiple ways to style the 72" of pearls -- I can't wait to play with it!)
Do you have any photos? No pressure. Just curious :). I love seeing pearl photos.
 

mapo

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Aug 1, 2013
Messages
283
Re: August Tahitians

Frost me, of course I'll post pics! Your lighter bodies strand is really pretty! Now I want to see if I can get the light grey thread as well....
 

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Aug 1, 2003
Messages
5,623
Re: August Tahitians

4Ranch Girl|1438794140|3911513 said:
The multi colored round lot that I chose from in March for my tin cup were from Rikitea. The light body baroques I'm not sure where they are from.

There's been many articles written in JCK about the increase in pearl prices. At each of the auctions the prices have jumped quite a lot.

I think freshwater pearls have gone up a little too. At least for finished jewelry.
 

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Feb 28, 2014
Messages
995
Re: August Tahitians

So, did anyone else click on "New Designs"? Any takers on the $99,000 Golden South Sea necklace?

I would have, but my credit card limit doesn't go that high. :lol:
 

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
2,541
Re: August Tahitians

New strands have been released. Some beautiful new pastel drops and some multicoloured strands. With the exception of one wonky pearl, I love strand 1167. The ombre 1165 is gorgeous too, and of the pastels I particularly love strand 1143 (edit: these were in 4RG's cell phone photo towards the top). There are also some gorgeous ovals.

5196_1_.jpg

5201_1_.jpg

5144_1_.jpg
 

juliebeth

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Jul 24, 2011
Messages
130
Re: August Tahitians

i keep having to pull out my summer 2014 strands to remind myself that i already own beautiful tahitians, a few strands even, and i most definitely. do. not. need. more.

except that ombre strand is soooo pretty....and quite a few of the drops...

sigh.

:wall:
 

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Jan 6, 2010
Messages
617
Re: August Tahitians

juliebeth|1439325711|3913447 said:
i keep having to pull out my summer 2014 strands to remind myself that i already own beautiful tahitians, a few strands even, and i most definitely. do. not. need. more.

except that ombre strand is soooo pretty....and quite a few of the drops...

sigh.

:wall:

+1 I am with you Juliebeth :wall: :wall: :wall:
 

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
2,541
Re: August Tahitians

+2!!! I have a weakness in my heart for Tahitian pearls that I do not have for any other kind. Especially smooth drops/ovals (well, if I'm being honest, rounds too if I could afford them). I keep looking at 4RG's new rope and having to talk sternly to myself, although a double nested long strand would be nice.....

I just have to keep reminding myself of the damage I managed to do on my CC during last year's sale. I ended up with several very nice strands by the time I was done (to the point where even I was asking myself "how many short Tahitian strands does one girl need to have???")

They are gorgeous though. Each year seems to bring something just a little bit different.
 

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Feb 22, 2010
Messages
1,498
Re: August Tahitians

My new strand chosen at the ruckus.

img_8905.jpg

_33187.jpg
 

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Jan 6, 2010
Messages
617
Re: August Tahitians

Very glossy 4RanchGirl, appears to have lots of cherry rainbow overtones. What was the description and size range? Beautiful!
 

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Apr 12, 2014
Messages
424
Re: August Tahitians

Oh, so lovely!!!
 

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Feb 22, 2010
Messages
1,498
Re: August Tahitians

Dark body with peacock overtones 8.2 - 10.8 mm. I think they look cherry in some lights. I just keep looking at them and go "oh wow".
 

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Apr 12, 2014
Messages
424
Re: August Tahitians

They looked spectacular on you 4RanchGirl :)
 

juliebeth

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Jul 24, 2011
Messages
130
Re: August Tahitians

NOT HELPING 4RANCHGIRL.

can we get a neckshot? pretty please?

meanwhile, ombre strand BOUGHT! yay! not by me! temptation mostly gone. whoo hoo!!!

:dance: :dance:

:wall: :wall:
 
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results
Top