shape
carat
color
clarity

The Mueller Report Is Out

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Red, this is what right wingers say, we are rehashing, I don't remember you and I discussing why the right won't comment on Trumps lying, I do remember you saying, I believe, you didn't vote for him, you said you were more into states rights, that you disliked Obama for his weakness on foreign matters. But I don't remember us discussing 'ad nauseum' anything. AND if we did, it's been over a year and perhaps more since we've all discussed this. I try not to blow off anyone.

The tweet he was responding to is in the image I posted and is pertinent to the post above mine. ;)2

I'm not going to rehash all the other stuff in your post because we have already done that ad nauseam.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mueller's job was to look for possible Russian Collusion and he found none in spite of the fact that the investigating team was all Dems, so why can't the Dems just let it be? :confused:.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Red, this is what right wingers say, we are rehashing, I don't remember you and I discussing why the right won't comment on Trumps lying, I do remember you saying, I believe, you didn't vote for him, you said you were more into states rights, that you disliked Obama for his weakness on foreign matters. But I don't remember us discussing 'ad nauseum' anything. AND if we did, it's been over a year and perhaps more since we've all discussed this. I try not to blow off anyone.
Yes we actually have. The electoral college, popular vote, Trump, etc. I am sorry that you feel I was blowing you off because it was my intent to answer your first question and I should have left it at that. I don't think anyone has changed their mind on the other things. For me Hillary was still a terrible choice and would not choose her again.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screen Shot 2019-03-25 at 5.02.58 PM.png

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think Horowitz report will be out soon so we'll see what happens.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
McConnell blocks resolution for Mueller report to be released publically.

Sarah Huckabee Sanders stated today that Trump’s written answers should NOT be released for the public to see.

Now tell me how these people have nothing to hide SMDH.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup Clinton was not a good choice for the right :)

Can you tell me why you support Trump? (not support as in vote, or like, or care blah you get it). I know you want strong borders, but what else about him allows you to see the investigation makes you support him?

And I dont think I was blowing you off as much as generalizing :) peace girl you know me, I want to understand not judge.

Yes we actually have. The electoral college, popular vote, Trump, etc. I am sorry that you feel I was blowing you off because it was my intent to answer your first question and I should have left it at that. I don't think anyone has changed their mind on the other things. For me Hillary was still a terrible choice and would not choose her again.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I read this point of view this morning: “According to a new report from the New York Times, Mueller has farmed out federal indictments to 1) the SDNY, in Manhattan, 2) the EDNY, in Brooklyn, 3) the EDVA in Virginia, 4) the U.S. Attorney’s office in Los Angeles, 5) the U.S. Attorney’s office in Washington DC, 6) the DOJ National Security Division, and 7) the DOJ Criminal Division. So is the take away from all this? Those who are familiar with Mueller’s investigation understand that “no more indictments from Mueller” doesn’t mean “no more indictments”. It means every single one of Mueller’s existing indictments resides in a “presidential pardon proof” prosecutorial district. Recall how Mueller handed off the Cohen case to the U.S. Attorneys’ office for the SDNY, who sent Cohen to prison. prosecutions work."

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This so bother's me, we pay, they refuse to let us see the whole thing. SMH.

Sarah Huckabee Sanders stated today that Trump’s written answers should NOT be released for the public to see.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I believe there is a certain type of liar that will always “get away with it.” They never get caught. They always end up on top. I have these people in my life. They keep lying, scheming, hurting others, and perpetuating their shocking behavior. It never ends.

My take on this is that most of the world wants to believe in people like this. They don’t want to believe that someone can lie and deceive them. They don’t want to believe that THEY can be the victims of deceit. They want to believe they’re smarter than the liar.

I watch how the Today Show is reporting Mueller’s findings, “no evidence of collusion” instead of “not enough evidence to convict.” There is a big difference, but they feed the American opinion. They also validate the people who don’t want to believe they’ve been lied to.

I don’t know what the truth is anymore. I think it’s somewhere in the middle. I’m ready to focus on the 2020 election. I say this because I believe it’s our only hope.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe there is a certain type of liar that will always “get away with it.” They never get caught. They always end up on top. I have these people in my life. They keep lying, scheming, hurting others, and perpetuating their shocking behavior. It never ends.

My take on this is that most of the world wants to believe in people like this. They don’t want to believe that someone can lie and deceive them. They don’t want to believe that THEY can be the victims of deceit. They want to believe they’re smarter than the liar.

I watch how the Today Show is reporting Mueller’s findings, “no evidence of collusion” instead of “not enough evidence to convict.” There is a big difference, but they feed the American opinion. They also validate the people who don’t want to believe they’ve been lied to.

I don’t know what the truth is anymore. I think it’s somewhere in the middle. I’m ready to focus on the 2020 election. I say this because I believe it’s our only hope.
I don't agree with this at all. I, and most people I know, find it much easier to know and understand that most politicians are liars, cheats, and schemers. If I accept this up front and vote for the one that as closely matches my personal views on their role in government, then I am doing the best I can. If I set the bar as high as some people do then I will be disappointed EVERY TIME. IMO Politicians should not be on a pedestal or looked to as someone who will save us from all our woes. They are a necessary evil. The only exception to this are a few locally that I know personally.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Redwood, lots of people died under Reagan's watch too
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Stark_incident (37 naval personnel killed). There was basically no aircover for this ship!
https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-1987-05-24-8702080251-story.html
There is also the attack on Beruit barracks which killed 241 marines, the largest loss of military life since Vietnam war. Again, under Reagan's watch, a lack of appropriate defenses for these servicemen. And they paid with their lives.

Why wasn't there a congressional inquiry why American lives were lost under Reagan? There seems to be a lapse there. Why wasn't Bush investigated for all the failings that led to 9/11 being allowed to happen? A lot more people died there, than bengazi, and they were almost all civilians (3K civilians, 6K injured).
If you want to be fair about it, be fair about it.

"Why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?"

Last edited:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup Clinton was not a good choice for the right :)

Can you tell me why you support Trump? (not support as in vote, or like, or care blah you get it). I know you want strong borders, but what else about him allows you to see the investigation makes you support him?

And I dont think I was blowing you off as much as generalizing :) peace girl you know me, I want to understand not judge.
I don't want to muck up this thread with a big off topic discussion. You can start another one if you like. Or you could read the beginning of the Hope the President thread that was started by someone who had hope but then it was derailed bigly.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Stark_incident (37 naval personnel killed)

Why wasn't there a congressional inquiry why American lives were lost under Reagan? There seems to be a lapse there. Why wasn't Bush investigated for all the failings that led to 9/11 happening? A lot more people died there, than bengazi, and they were almost all civilians (3K civilians, 6K injured).
If you want to be fair about it, be fair about it. Bengazhi was political bs that wasted a whole bunch of our and our politicians time. Time better spent.
Better include Clinton in that 9/11 tragedy as Bush was President for all of 8 months. Did you read the Commission Report?

All naval incidents and disasters have investigations. Your link has a link to the report.

Last edited:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Stark_incident (37 naval personnel killed). There was basically no aircover for this ship!
https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-1987-05-24-8702080251-story.html
There is also the attack on Beruit barracks which killed 241 marines, the largest loss of military life since Vietnam war. Again, under Reagan's watch, a lack of appropriate defenses for these servicemen. And they paid with their lives.

Why wasn't there a congressional inquiry why American lives were lost under Reagan? There seems to be a lapse there. Why wasn't Bush investigated for all the failings that led to 9/11 happening? A lot more people died there, than bengazi, and they were almost all civilians (3K civilians, 6K injured).
If you want to be fair about it, be fair about it.

First cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
What is your point? The investigation into Benghazi was started because the administration lied to us about why it happened and what started it.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't agree with this at all. I, and most people I know, find it much easier to know and understand that most politicians are liars, cheats, and schemers. If I accept this up front and vote for the one that as closely matches my personal views on their role in government, then I am doing the best I can. If I set the bar as high as some people do then I will be disappointed EVERY TIME. IMO Politicians should not be on a pedestal or looked to as someone who will save us from all our woes. They are a necessary evil. The only exception to this are a few locally that I know personally.
People support Trump at a deep, emotional level. One of his rallies is like a church revival. Your personal experience does not relate to these types of Trump supporters.

You are the part of his base who claims “i didn’t vote for the guy” but who defends him on a regular basis.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
People support Trump at a deep, emotional level. One of his rallies is like a church revival. Your personal experience does not relate to these types of Trump supporters.

You are the part of his base who claims “i didn’t vote for the guy” but who defends him on a regular basis.
I don't defend the indefensible. I also don't bash him for every word out of his mouth. I accept him for what he is and hope for the best all the while knowing I will be disappointed.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What are your facts @redwood66 on Clinton's involvement? do you mean in the Senate prior to the attack?

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/9...-clinton-reactions-9-11-are-revealing-n642006
His administration. I am not blaming him for the attack, I was responding to partgypsy's allusion to 9/11 being Bush's. Intelligence failures are going to happen to every administration. The point of investigations are to find what needs to be fixed and place blame if egregious fault is found.

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
Right, that means they only have a theory that can’t be proven or can’t even be begun to be investigated. That means nothing or close to nothing. Not even a spark.

With all due respect, this just isn't true. No reputable prosecutor would bring a case without believing they could prove it beyond a reasonable doubt. They're not always right, but they have to believe that, and it's a heavy burden of proof (assumption of innocence is quite right and as it should be). That's a long, long, long way away from your assertion.

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
What I don't understand is that the Republicans can put an end to every bit of this fighting and suspicion --shut it down permanently in a matter of days--simply by releasing the report. Surely that would be the best thing for the entire country, regardless of which side of the political aisle you're on?

Why don't they just do that?

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nevermind

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I swear Trump supporters are nothing short of a cult at this point.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What I don't understand is that the Republicans can put an end to every bit of this fighting and suspicion --shut it down permanently in a matter of days--simply by releasing the report. Surely that would be the best thing for the entire country, regardless of which side of the political aisle you're on?

Why don't they just do that?
Because you should know that they aren't the ones with the power to release it. The AG is based on the special counsel rules set up after Clinton. The rules are there to protect grand jury testimony, unindicted persons, and classified information. He has said he will release as much as he can.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
With all due respect, this just isn't true. No reputable prosecutor would bring a case without believing they could prove it beyond a reasonable doubt. They're not always right, but they have to believe that, and it's a heavy burden of proof (assumption of innocence is quite right and as it should be). That's a long, long, long way away from your assertion.

Here is a for instance.. that trial I was helping MIL with— she is the defendant.

The plaintiff only has a story, which is why it took 14 years to bring to trial.

The defendant in this case (my MIL) doesn’t have to prove she didn’t do it (she didn’t do it). The plaintiff has to prove she did (they can’t, which is why they only have a story).

They won’t have enough evidence to prove their case.

Does this mean my MIl was really guilty and they just don’t have enough envicence to prove it?

Not at all. Their story never happened.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't defend the indefensible. I also don't bash him for every word out of his mouth. I accept him for what he is and hope for the best all the while knowing I will be disappointed.

But you do defend the indefensible @Redwood . You have supported some of the truly heinous things he has done. If you aren’t speaking out against them, you are complicit, which is just as bad as defending him.

I think it’s nothing more than a joke when people run to support him then say they didn’t vote for him. Who constantly jumps in to defend someone they didn’t or don’t support?

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
https://ips-dc.org/911_commission_t...n_lacked_focus_on_terrorism_prior_to_attacks/
The bush administration was at fault. It's an uncomfortable truth but bush and his advisors wouldn't even meet with counter terrorism task force for months. And when they did, rice and cheney downplayed and did not act on the intelligence. Multiple warnings, and they blew it big time. They doubled down after the attack, starting a war with Saddam, over targeting al queda and Osama. It took Obama to take him out . TheTbush administration presented faulty and unreliable information, that Powell was told to present, to legitimize the war. They knew it was bs (aka they lied to congress). I'm sorry, there is no comparison, between what happened under Hillary, and what happened under Republican presidents. I'm not going to even get into the iran contra affair, where Reagan did not implicate himself because of quote "I don't remember".

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
But you do defend the indefensible @Redwood . You have supported some of the truly heinous things he has done. If you aren’t speaking out against them, you are complicit, which is just as bad as defending him.

I think it’s nothing more than a joke when people run to support him then say they didn’t vote for him. Who constantly jumps in to defend someone they didn’t or don’t support?
I want you to prove this right now, include links to what I have said. Because I don't rant on a jewelry forum? I don't rant at all about anything. You want to start a fight with me and I will not fall into your trap that gets me kicked out of here because that is what happens. You have your opinion and I have mine.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results