shape
carat
color
clarity

The most bizarre encounter EVER at a jewellery store while trying to hunt for a setting

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You would think that as a jeweller at the very LEAST you can identify the big 3.
Even my 5yo knows the difference between various gems!!!

Funny story: He's always loved coloured gems, especially emeralds, peridot and jade (green is his favourite colour) and pretty much ignored diamonds for a long time. I assume it's because they had no distinctive colour and I never wore my yellow diamond out with him.

One day during an outing while I was sporting my round brilliant diamond (I think he might have been 4 at that time) the kid stops in his tracks and pulls me aside to have a "quiet conversation".

Kid (whispers): Mummy! What's that stone you have today?

Me (shows him the diamond): This one?

Kid: Yes! I REALLY like it! It's got all sorts of rainbow colours but not one colour like the others.

Me: It's a diamond. Have I not told you all about diamonds?

Kid: I thought they were just the clear stones around all your nice coloured ones.

Me - Explains about diamonds for most of our train ride home.

He always whispers and has "quiet conversations" when he asks about my jewellery because from a very young age I told him never to talk about Mummy's jewellery to anyone else :lol:

Well the story about the “jeweler” was shocking and just beyond....

But the story of your son is the cutest!!! I love that!

Frost

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hahahahah, that's some genius. :lol: :lol: I wonder how on Earth people like that survive in the trade.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank God you ate before! That experience would be enough to make me lose my appetite!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results