shape
carat
color
clarity

The March LIW small talk thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Cute dress, iloveasschers13! And I feel ya on the workout videos. I have so many that I''ve never completed. Ugh.

Sailorsweet, I like doing cardio with the dvds too. I have an elliptical at home so I''m thinking about alternating that with the video. I could never make it to a gym though. I''ve wasted way too much money on memberships and could never summon the motivation to go!

We''ll see how motivated I am to do the shred tonight. I''m feeling pretty crappy, so it''s doubtful.
14.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 12:23:55 PM
Author: idreamofcushions
haha! I absolutely cannot do pushups...so I know plank will be a challenge. How long is level 2? I was surprised level 1 was only 20 min (which was torture enough).

Oh, and when do you move on to level 2? There are 3 levels, right? So is it like 10 days per level?

All 3 workouts are 20 minutes, they just focus on different exercises. I don''t think there''s a set span for each level - I think you could do all 30 days on level one, or vary it up as you choose. I switched to level 2 after I was comfortable doing all of the level 1 workout following the "difficult" girl (Natalie, I think?). And then I dropped back to 1 because oh my, the shoulder pain. I might be adventurous and try 2 again this week
3.gif

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 4:20:36 PM
Author: misskitty

haha! I absolutely cannot do pushups...so I know plank will be a challenge. How long is level 2? I was surprised level 1 was only 20 min (which was torture enough).

Oh, and when do you move on to level 2? There are 3 levels, right? So is it like 10 days per level?

All 3 workouts are 20 minutes, they just focus on different exercises. I don''t think there''s a set span for each level - I think you could do all 30 days on level one, or vary it up as you choose. I switched to level 2 after I was comfortable doing all of the level 1 workout following the ''difficult'' girl (Natalie, I think?). And then I dropped back to 1 because oh my, the shoulder pain. I might be adventurous and try 2 again this week
3.gif

what size weights are you using mk ?? Im doing 5lbs and I''m a little nervous that I''m going to get too toned with the moves she asks you to do. I dont want Madonna arms
3.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock

I think you do it for as long as you need to.

I''m still on level 1 but I haven''t been consistent
39.gif

I keep telling myself I''ll wake up earlier and do it, but I never do!!! I need motivation ladies...

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 11:23:07 AM
Author: Bia

39.gif

I keep telling myself I''ll wake up earlier and do it, but I never do!!! I need motivation ladies...

Don''t look at me for motivation. Jillian has been sitting in her little DVD box on top of my entertainment center for months.
20.gif
20.gif

If you figure out how to get motivated, please... by all means... let me know.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 11:57:11 AM
Author: elledizzy5

Date: 3/24/2009 11:23:07 AM
Author: Bia

39.gif

Don''t look at me for motivation. Jillian has been sitting in her little DVD box on top of my entertainment center for months.
20.gif
20.gif

If you figure out how to get motivated, please... by all means... let me know.
There you are!

I know how to get motivated. Picturing my @$$ in the bikini my FMIL got me from Puerto Rico a few weeks ago. My problem is figuring out how to STAY motivated enough to get off said @$$ and do the video!

Any ideas ladies?

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think if I went and put on last year's bikini it might motivate me some. Or make me cry. I'll try it and report back.

NO but seriously, this is what I do:

If I go a week with sticking to a schedule of exercise, I get to buy cute workout clothes, or new shoes, or something.

I reward myself with non-food stuff. If I drop a size, a new pair of jeans? Meet goal weight/toning goal... maybe a romantic vacation away?

I have to pair it with something I really would love to have/do. No chocolate cake though.
9.gif

ETA: Start small for small goals. Maybe a new book? Or a manicure?

somegirl932

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 8:31:57 AM
Author: SailorsSweet<3
Date: 3/23/2009 4:20:36 PM
what size weights are you using mk ?? Im doing 5lbs and I''m a little nervous that I''m going to get too toned with the moves she asks you to do. I dont want Madonna arms

3.gif

I''m not the OP, but I can''t imagine you getting Madonna arms from 5lb weights... when I was actually keeping myself in shape I was doing a lot of stuff with 15lb weights and it never happened. Generally, to build that much muscle, you''re going to need to radically change your diet to include tons more protein.

Women (in general) just don''t build muscle like that unless they are making a concerted effort too!

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
stupid computer just ate my post
7.gif

anyways I was typing that I stay motivated by the too small clothes hanging in my closet... I went to my parents house a few weeks ago and found them with some stuff... They are my practically new clothes from Freshman/Sophomore year of College.

I try them on every week... and I can see the progress I'm making...

I've lost 28 lbs since September 2008! my goal is to have lost 44 lbs by this September 1, putting me at my Freshman College weight!

So good luck girls, you can do it if I can!!!

Tip: just do it, your life starts today!

somegirl932

Shiny_Rock
I didn't want to start a thread for this, but I'm kind of excited...

My SO and I both went home this weekend, and I know he went ring shopping in the city on Saturday. Saturday night, he asked if it would be okay if we went back to campus Tuesday instead of Monday, because he had to drive his mom to a doctor's appointment Tuesday morning.

Well... I was on Facebook this morning, and he told one of his friends that he had gotten caught up in the city yesterday... I wonder what he was doing back there...
9.gif

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
HOW EXCITING somegirl!!!! I hope it''s coming soon!

Re: Bikinis-

HAVENT WORN ONE IN THREE SUMMERS. I know- sad. I''m so self conscious. I have one hanging in my closet that I want to fit into this summer though- Because so far since Jan. 09 I have lost about 23 lbs! Not to be too specific, I now weigh 160 and my goal is about 20-30 more pounds. I am only 5''3 3/4" haha. So I feel way better- but I have mostly focused on my eating..

I love spinel- how exciting and good job! That''s so much! Do you look back at pictures and think- WHOA! This is crazy?!?

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Somegrl... great news!
2.gif

ILA - Congrats on all of the weight loss! That is awesome!
36.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Since the topic seems to be staying in shape, has anyone else noticed how CRAZY expensive gyms are? Seriously--the YMCA by me is like $70 a month. O.O

I can''t wait for it to be nice here so we can start playing tennis again.

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
Oh everyones doing so well with their weight loss and their ring shopping!
2.gif

somegirl youre right 5lb shouldnt do anything drastic to my arms and shoulders - its deceptive because the trainer as well as the 2 girls she has do the work out behind her have very toned arms and shoulders - the kind that look a little too muscular, atleast to me. I like the lean muscle - "oh let me reach for that tupperware bowl above the fridge so you can admire my arm" kind of look not madonna, sarah connor, "ima kick your a** with just my right arm" look. hehe
3.gif

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 2:17:19 PM
Author: ladypirate
Since the topic seems to be staying in shape, has anyone else noticed how CRAZY expensive gyms are? Seriously--the YMCA by me is like $70 a month. O.O

I can''t wait for it to be nice here so we can start playing tennis again.

yea that was my YMCA price too. I go to a chain in NJ (possibly have it in other states?) called Retro Fitness - it was $120 to join but only $20 a month. I''ve been a member for almost two and a half years now and its stayed at that $20 consistently.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 2:20:48 PM
Date: 3/24/2009 2:17:19 PM

Author: ladypirate

I can't wait for it to be nice here so we can start playing tennis again.

Wow. YMCA by me is 28/month for 18-27 year olds, and 44.50/mo for adults. It's brand new, too.

yea that was my YMCA price too. I go to a chain in NJ (possibly have it in other states?) called Retro Fitness - it was $120 to join but only $20 a month. I've been a member for almost two and a half years now and its stayed at that $20 consistently.

Wow. YMCA by me is 28/month for 18-27 year olds, and 44.50/mo for adults. It's brand new, too.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 8:31:57 AM

3.gif

I alternate between 5 and 3 lb (depending on how sore I feel - all the plank in level 2 kills my shoulders!).

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
oh yeah-

I lost a pound since the weekend ( I weighed myself today) and I went for a SHORT run and did the 30DS today! I feel so proud--- It won''t last though! I just do it when I can. But now I''m watching the Biggest loser, and I''m pooped! I wish I could eat that cake elledizzy haha.

Where did everyone get their PS names from? Or is this to personal to ask..

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats ILA and ILS on your weight loss...that''s awesome!!

lp, I''m in Canada, but the YMCA in my city is $50+ CAD/month...much more than other gyms in the area.

somegirl, YAY for a ring in the not-so-near future!
31.gif

SS...I''ve never heard of anyone worried about their arms being TOO toned! Yes, Madonna''s arms are something else...but they kinda go with the rest of her body and her face too, KWIM? So, I don''t think your arms can get ''too toned'' unless your cheeks are completely hollow. Unless you mean you don''t want to bulk up and there''s no way 5 lbs can bulk a girl up!
3.gif

I know some of you know that I do CrossFit. I''m looking into doing something at home in between my CF workouts (twice a week) among other things. My sister has P90x but the hour+ workouts are pretty deterring. All of this 30DS talk that has been going on for the past few months has totally convinced me to go out and get it! Plus, I heart Jillian. One of my life goals has always been to have six-pack abs. I''m so shallow
3.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 9:41:23 PM
Author: IloveAsschers13

My nickname when I was a little kid was Kitty. I have no idea why, because I''m allergic to cats and my name doesn''t have a K in it. It just kinda popped into my head when I signed up for the forum - I use a different nickname elsewhere on the internet.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 9:53:47 PM
Author: sammyj
Congrats ILA and ILS on your weight loss...that''s awesome!!

lp, I''m in Canada, but the YMCA in my city is $50+ CAD/month...much more than other gyms in the area.

somegirl, YAY for a ring in the not-so-near future!
31.gif

SS...I''ve never heard of anyone worried about their arms being TOO toned! Yes, Madonna''s arms are something else...but they kinda go with the rest of her body and her face too, KWIM? So, I don''t think your arms can get ''too toned'' unless your cheeks are completely hollow. Unless you mean you don''t want to bulk up and there''s no way 5 lbs can bulk a girl up!
3.gif

I know some of you know that I do CrossFit. I''m looking into doing something at home in between my CF workouts (twice a week) among other things. My sister has P90x but the hour+ workouts are pretty deterring. All of this 30DS talk that has been going on for the past few months has totally convinced me to go out and get it! Plus, I heart Jillian. One of my life goals has always been to have six-pack abs. I''m so shallow
3.gif

I''m a little bit shocked that the YMCA is so expensive! When I lived in Chicago, it seemed like most of the gyms (oops, I mean "athletic clubs" haha) were pretty pricey, so I just used the one at school. I haven''t found a place here yet, mostly because it seems like nowhere has both spin classes and the workout equipment I''m looking for. For the moment, I''m just sticking with dvd''s and my bike setup on a trainer.

Re: the bulky arm thing -- I don''t actually think it''s easy to get "Madonna arms." I had to be in the gym twice a day for a sport in college, and sometimes I did a lot of upper body work -- shoulders, arms, back, etc. And I never got bulky arms, they just toned up (same goes for the rest of the girls on my team; no man-arms on anyone). I think you either have to work out mega-hard or be genetically predisposed to having bulky arms.

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock

Mine is a given - but maybe I should change it to "MadonnaArmHater" haha.
9.gif
3.gif

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 10:38:20 PM

Mine is a given - but maybe I should change it to ''MadonnaArmHater'' haha.
9.gif
3.gif
haha...too funny.
3.gif

Mine''s a nickname that has stuck for the past 7 years. One of my friends used to have a blue jay in his backyard that his mom called SammyJ. He started calling me that and now everyone calls me SammyJ or SJ. I don''t have a middle name so it''s kinda nice.
1.gif

somegirl932

Shiny_Rock
thanks everyone! we''ll see...

my username is a play off of one of my SO''s most common usernames. he played a lot of video games when he was younger and always thought it would be hilarious when it displayed "username has killed you" or whatever, for it to say "some guy has killed you"... so he goes by someguy a lot online, and sometimes i go by somegirl.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/25/2009 1:51:08 AM
Author: somegirl932

my username is a play off of one of my SO''s most common usernames. he played a lot of video games when he was younger and always thought it would be hilarious when it displayed ''username has killed you'' or whatever, for it to say ''some guy has killed you''... so he goes by someguy a lot online, and sometimes i go by somegirl.

I kind of love this.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/25/2009 3:03:19 PM
Author: misskitty

Date: 3/25/2009 1:51:08 AM

my username is a play off of one of my SO''s most common usernames. he played a lot of video games when he was younger and always thought it would be hilarious when it displayed ''username has killed you'' or whatever, for it to say ''some guy has killed you''... so he goes by someguy a lot online, and sometimes i go by somegirl.

I kind of love this.
I lurve it too!

And, I just wanted to note that although I''m not technically an LIW anymore,
20.gif
to the LIW haters. I think we already covered it in small talk this month, but if you don''t want to read about LIW turmoil, then don''t look in LIW!!!!!

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
I think my name is pretty self explanatory-

Except sort of an update- me and my BF will be engaged within 18 months (i''m pretty sure) and we decided that we should go with a ring that is in his price range and within my liking. He is letting me choose it completely
30.gif

But it turns out I''m love with old mine cuts and old cushion cut diamonds- beautiful! And solitaires- soooo elegant!

SammyJ- you are totally allowed to come and post- It''s more for people to just have "small talk"!!!!
3.gif

somegirl932

Shiny_Rock
okay, so i'm kind of new here, and thus, questions.

1. how do people feel about dragging up old threads? or even threads that aren't very old (like, say, january)... I was reading old threads and really liked the 'suspicious activity thread' haha.

2. so... I'm pretty sure I'm crazy. And maybe worry about things too much. But I've been on pricescope for like a month. not even. we've been ring shopping four months, but more like a month seriously. and yet i have reason to believe that my SO may have purchased something (hence the other question about the suspicious activities...). and then i read IloveAsschers13's post about hopefully getting engaged in the next 18 months, and i feel a bit like a cheater! you have all been here way longer than me! i know what's it's like to see people younger than me, dating their SO for less time than me, get engaged. it feels bad. and here i am, being 21, 'only' dating SO for 3 years, only been on pricescope for a month... i guess i'm not sure what the question is, but how do you all do it! i would like, want to punch myself in the face...

and a disclaimer, because tones don't translate across the internet very well... i guess i'm just superimpressed with all of you. and thanks for accepting newbies like me. (also that was totally not a disclaimer at all, but I hope people understand that I'm not seriously upset at myself on behalf of other people)

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 12:03:31 AM
okay, so i''m kind of new here, and thus, questions.

1. how do people feel about dragging up old threads? or even threads that aren''t very old (like, say, january)... I was reading old threads and really liked the ''suspicious activity thread'' haha.

Bring it back! I loved the suspicious activity thread
1.gif

2. so... I''m pretty sure I''m crazy. And maybe worry about things too much. But I''ve been on pricescope for like a month. not even. we''ve been ring shopping four months, but more like a month seriously. and yet i have reason to believe that my SO may have purchased something (hence the other question about the suspicious activities...). and then i read IloveAsschers13''s post about hopefully getting engaged in the next 18 months, and i feel a bit like a cheater! you have all been here way longer than me! i know what''s it''s like to see people younger than me, dating their SO for less time than me, get engaged. it feels bad. and here i am, being 21, ''only'' dating SO for 3 years, only been on pricescope for a month... i guess i''m not sure what the question is, but how do you all do it! i would like, want to punch myself in the face...

and a disclaimer, because tones don''t translate across the internet very well... i guess i''m just superimpressed with all of you. and thanks for accepting newbies like me. (also that was totally not a disclaimer at all, but I hope people understand that I''m not seriously upset at myself on behalf of other people)
Sometimes, that''s how it goes! Totally not cheating. We''ll all be super happy for you -- as long as you make a post with the story and pics
9.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2009 4:02:05 PM
Author: sammyj

I lurve it too!

And, I just wanted to note that although I'm not technically an LIW anymore,
20.gif
to the LIW haters. I think we already covered it in small talk this month, but if you don't want to read about LIW turmoil, then don't look in LIW!!!!!
What's your point?
25.gif
I STAY IN THIS FORUM like I'm still a LIW. I love it here...you're like my interent fam.

ETA: Oh, and because I am not the most original person in the world, my username is my name cut in half. If I wanted to remain anonymous, I guess that wasn't very smart.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results