shape
carat
color
clarity

The March LIW small talk thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

somegirl932

Shiny_Rock
she kind of sounds totally crazy... i agree with sailorssweet... if my little brother brought home a girl with those sorts of demands...

i love the LIW board for venting...

somegirl932

Shiny_Rock
she kind of sounds totally crazy... i agree with sailorssweet... if my little brother brought home a girl with those sorts of demands...

somegirl932

Shiny_Rock

somegirl932

Shiny_Rock

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Woah! What happened? 4 identical posts in a row. lol (I did that the other day with 2 posts. The website got stuck or something like that...)

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
she was obviously trying to reiterate her point !!
2.gif
3.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Ugh, ladies I need a pick-me-up.
15.gif
I interviewed for a job last week, and everything was fabulous and awesome. Until this morning, when the HR lady (who had previously told me to clear Thursday on my schedule for a second interview) said that I needed to come in on Monday instead. I''m already scheduled to work a morning shift at my part-time job, and there''s almost zero chance I can switch this with such short notice. I told her, and she said "well, if you want this job, you''ll have to make some sacrifices" -- like calling off work for the p-t job I actually have for anything less than a guarantee? Really?

Hate this. I feel like I''m never going to get a real job
39.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
UUUUG.......
20.gif
20.gif
Don''t I ever know how you feel. Sometimes I feel like FF wont ever get a real job either. It''s so tough.
29.gif
Is there any way you could be...."sick" that shift? lol

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2009 2:16:16 PM
Author: misskitty
Ugh, ladies I need a pick-me-up.
15.gif
I interviewed for a job last week, and everything was fabulous and awesome. Until this morning, when the HR lady (who had previously told me to clear Thursday on my schedule for a second interview) said that I needed to come in on Monday instead. I''m already scheduled to work a morning shift at my part-time job, and there''s almost zero chance I can switch this with such short notice. I told her, and she said ''well, if you want this job, you''ll have to make some sacrifices'' -- like calling off work for the p-t job I actually have for anything less than a guarantee? Really?

Hate this. I feel like I''m never going to get a real job
39.gif
She sounds like a sucky HR rep. People like her give HR a bad name...
29.gif

Honey I would be careful here. It might be worth switching days to get this job but I don''t necessarily know that you want to work for a company that would be so inflexible.

Good luck.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, or.....if you DO get there somehow, then they will know that you weren''t able to go but made it happen which would make you look dedicated.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/20/2009 2:27:55 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
UUUUG.......
20.gif
20.gif
Don''t I ever know how you feel. Sometimes I feel like FF wont ever get a real job either. It''s so tough.
29.gif
Is there any way you could be....''sick'' that shift? lol

I thought about that, but it''s the early-morning opening shift, and since the store is cutting hours already, there won''t be anyone to fill in for me -- it would put the manager in a really crappy situation, and even though they''re not supposed to play favorites with the schedule, I''d rather stay on her good side and hang onto as many hours as I can. I''m just going to hope that when I come in tonight, there''s someone with the Sunday or Tuesday opening shift that I can switch with.

Date: 3/20/2009 2:32:25 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
Yeah, or.....if you DO get there somehow, then they will know that you weren''t able to go but made it happen which would make you look dedicated.
If it works, I''m totally banking on this!

Date: 3/20/2009 2:29:53 PM
Author: Bia
She sounds like a sucky HR rep. People like her give HR a bad name...
29.gif

Honey I would be careful here. It might be worth switching days to get this job but I don''t necessarily know that you want to work for a company that would be so inflexible.

Good luck.

Thanks! I know the lack of flexibility is a total red flag, but I really am stressing about not having full-time employment, and I''d take just about anything right now. Hooray, desperation.

On the plus side, if this doesn''t work out, a friend of mine knows a recruiter in my area, so I can always give that a try.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Okay ladies, I am off! Have a great weekend everyone. I really, really, really need to relax. This was a hard week for me and I''m beat!

Hope I come back and see a slew of proposal threads >...esp someone who goes by the name of gwendolyn. I have my money on today girlfriend, remember?!!!

xoxoxo

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Have a wonderful weekend B!
2.gif

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
Hey-

Swedish- that girl is CRAAZY! I always think, so what does he see in her? clearly she is CRAZY!!!!! This also makes me think of my friend- she wants to have a baby and she just "accidently" has unprotected you know what and she is 20! It''s like why???? SO expensive not to mention you really have to postpone your own dreams (and in my case, the neccessity to go to college) to take care of this other person!

I just posted in family, home and health, but no one really commented anything, but I''m so sad, I thought I would share it with you other furbaby lovers-

My aunt just found out yesterday her 5 year old King Charles Cavalier has leukemia. They gave him two weeks at the least to live and they said the longest they have seem a dog live with leukemia with chemotherapy was 6 months.

My mom called me crying because my aunt called her last night hysterical. I''m so sad for her! I can''t imagine what I would do without my mom''s 2 year old Bichon, Gracie. It breaks my heart.

Here is Toby:

IMG_4634.jpg

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Awwww...
7.gif
The poor sweet baby. Is he in any pain as of now?

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
They JUST found out yesterday and he has been sick in the past week or so, so they said he is uncomfortable. I know they can give him pain meds but if it gets really bad, it gets to the point when they have to decide whether to put him to sleep or not.
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Awwww........that''s so sad. The poor little guy. Ultimately though, they think he wont make it?

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
No, they basically have no hope. And by they I mean the vets. They tested him because in the beginning, they believed he either had lymphoma (which is treatable in dogs) or leukemia, which is untreatable in dogs. They are going to get a second opinion in Wisconsin, so we will see those results.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh gosh. So sad....I''m so sorry about that!
39.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no! So sad to hear about that
7.gif

Oh no!! That''s heartbreaking.. a minimum of 2 weeks?
40.gif
7.gif
8.gif

somegirl932

Shiny_Rock
That is terrible...

--

On another note, why do I always post like six times in a row? I swear I only hit the submit button once. I''m supposed to be good with computers too.
7.gif

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
My mom was going to go into chicago this weekend, but she didn''t. I hope nothing happens soon! I just saw him two weekends ago...

How is everyone''s weekend so far?!

somegirl932

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/21/2009 4:47:32 PM
Author: IloveAsschers13
How is everyone''s weekend so far?!

I am still sick, so mostly it consisted of SO driving me home and then me sleeping a lot. However... I do know that SO is currently out with his mom ring shopping!
9.gif

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
My weekends been good! I went out to an awesome dinner with SOs mom and two family friends last night which was a lot of fun. I did my first 30day shred workout on Friday night and I''m having trouble sitting down today haha. But thats a plus, not a minus! Im excited to get nice and toned for when SO comes home in May
2.gif

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
SailorsSweet - are you doing the Jillian Michael''s 30 day shred?! I just picked it up a few weeks ago. I tried it maybe two times after I bought it, but my schedule''s been hectic the last few weeks so I had to stop. I''m picking it back up tomorrow and hoping I''ll stick to it! My goal is to be look really trim when K proposes (hopefully at the end of next month!)

How''s it going for you so far? what day are you on?

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Oh man, wait til level 2. My shoulders HATE me. I feel better about myself, but if I hear the word "plank" again I''m going to lose it.

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
haha! I absolutely cannot do pushups...so I know plank will be a challenge. How long is level 2? I was surprised level 1 was only 20 min (which was torture enough).

Oh, and when do you move on to level 2? There are 3 levels, right? So is it like 10 days per level?

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
Hey- I got that work out tape too. But unfortunately, i go through working out spurts, that the one time I tried level 2 I got scared and stopped! Ha I'm a wimp. I love it though, and I also love the biggest loser cardio max work out tape. It kicks your butt (literally!, my butt was so sore the first day after).

I had a good weekend. I just got back from Thai food with my BF. It was sooo fast! We decided we wanted it so we left at like 5:25, and were back home by 6! I couldn't believe it but MAN was it yummy.

It seems like everyone on this forum has been working out lately which is awesome! I went to the mall yesterday and normally I don't go into Charlotte Russe, this one dress was sooo cute, and I tried it on. My BF made me a deal that if I lose 4 more pounds in two weeks, he will get it for me! What good incentive...
30.gif
30.gif
Here is the dress.. AND i fit into a medium! WOO HOO!!!!

Geeze, sorry it's so small, here is the link. http://www.charlotterusse.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3477394&cp=2843536.2903751&view=all&parentPage=family

pCHIC1-5704340t80.jpg

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
Yea its the JM 30 day shred. Everyone was raving about it so much on here that I got the dvd. My roommate is supposed to do it with me but her schedule is even more hectic than mine. I'm not really doing it by the day though - I could care less if I loose that much in 30 days or not I really just want to tone up and get back into a good routine. I figured itd be easiest for me to do the video on my busy days which would be Monday, Thursday, and Friday and go to the gym to do cardio on the days I have open chunks of time. Cardio is much easier for me to motivate myself to do than the work out tape. Ah it was so painful after! hah. But in the past the routines SO has put me on have been switching off the cardio and weight training every other day - since the 30 day shred has some cardio in each circuit I'd really just be doing the weight training every couple days and consistently doing cardio. The hardest part for me about getting into a routine is not convincing myself that an hour and a half to go to the gym, workout, and get home is too much time to sacrifice when my coursework gets really heavy
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results