shape
carat
color
clarity

The March LIW small talk thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
It clearly state that the rusty-pink palate in the Master bedroom is "suitable for both man and woman."
20.gif
If you have to state that...
33.gif

Seriously, unless your man is truly into design and very open minded, I think the rusty-pink palate would be OUT!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
What's up Elle?
25.gif
3.gif

So ladies, Happy Friday! Any plans for this weekend?

I am having FI's parents, sister, BIL (their baby aka my boyfriend) and family friends over for dinner tomorrow (totaling 8 people, not including baby). AND I have class all day tomorrow too! Ain't that a kick in the head?

Making lasagna tonight so that I can pop it in the oven tomorrow.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 2:20:50 PM
Author: Bia
What''s up Elle?
25.gif
3.gif

So ladies, Happy Friday! Any plans for this weekend?

I am having FI''s parents, sister, BIL (their baby aka my boyfriend) and family friends over for dinner tomorrow (totaling 8 people, not including baby). AND I have class all day tomorrow too! Ain''t that a kick in the head?

Making lasagna tonight so that I can pop it in the oven tomorrow.
Oh you know.. keepin it real.
3.gif
2.gif

Swamped with school stuff right now. Tomorrow I register for my LAST CLASS EVER (for my BS). I can''t wait! 1 more class. 1 more mini-semester and I am DONE.

FF and I are being "active" tonight. (Not in that way!
31.gif
) I think we may go play tennis or basketball.

Sounds like you''re having a busy weekend! You can cook? I''m impressed! Send some of that ''sagna my way!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 2:30:09 PM
Author: elledizzy5

Oh you know.. keepin it real.
3.gif
2.gif

Swamped with school stuff right now. Tomorrow I register for my LAST CLASS EVER (for my BS). I can''t wait! 1 more class. 1 more mini-semester and I am DONE.

FF and I are being ''active'' tonight. (Not in that way!
31.gif
) I think we may go play tennis or basketball.

Sounds like you''re having a busy weekend! You can cook? I''m impressed! Send some of that ''sagna my way!
Congrats on getting that last class registered tomorrow. You''ll be done, literally, before you know it. I''m proud of you mama! Getting my BA was one of the best days of my life because I saw how proud my father was. It was really special
2.gif

That''s good that you''re getting out today. Active, in ANY way (
31.gif
27.gif
mind in the gutter Bia!), shape, or form, is good in my book. Spring is almost here. Well calendar-wise it is, but here in NY it''s still dreary and cold (not frigid, thank God!).

Yes, I can cook, isn''t that funny? I really don''t love lasagna but it''s a casserole-ey type of food and that will make my life a lot easier come tomorrow. Plus they all seem to love it, so if it ain''t broke...

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 2:38:32 PM
Congrats on getting that last class registered tomorrow. You''ll be done, literally, before you know it. I''m proud of you mama! Getting my BA was one of the best days of my life because I saw how proud my father was. It was really special
2.gif

31.gif
27.gif
mind in the gutter Bia!), shape, or form, is good in my book. Spring is almost here. Well calendar-wise it is, but here in NY it''s still dreary and cold (not frigid, thank God!).

Yes, I can cook, isn''t that funny? I really don''t love lasagna but it''s a casserole-ey type of food and that will make my life a lot easier come tomorrow. Plus they all seem to love it, so if it ain''t broke...
Thanks. It''s been a long time in the making... I graduated HS in 2000.
23.gif
Wasted so much damn time...
38.gif

It''s actually kind of nice in MI today. About 60 (just a hair under, methinks) and partly sunny. Can''t complain. Still waiting for the last b&%$#-slap by mother nature with another snow storm, I don''t trust that we''re out of the woods yet.

We''re trying to get active so I can get rid of this buddha belly I''m sporting. I got my Express Yoga Pants, and the medium fit well, but they''re cutting into my tummy, as in "You should be firmer than this." I''m squishy.
20.gif

I need to learn how to cook. I envy you. I make FF cook. The thought of cooking for that large of a group of people is overwhelming to me. I can barely cook for me.

I hope you have a good weekend!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 2:46:03 PM

Date: 3/27/2009 2:38:32 PM
2.gif

31.gif
27.gif

Thanks. It''s been a long time in the making... I graduated HS in 2000.
23.gif
Wasted so much damn time...
38.gif

It''s actually kind of nice in MI today. About 60 (just a hair under, methinks) and partly sunny. Can''t complain. Still waiting for the last b&%$#-slap by mother nature with another snow storm, I don''t trust that we''re out of the woods yet.

We''re trying to get active so I can get rid of this buddha belly I''m sporting. I got my Express Yoga Pants, and the medium fit well, but they''re cutting into my tummy, as in ''You should be firmer than this.'' I''m squishy.
20.gif

I need to learn how to cook. I envy you. I make FF cook. The thought of cooking for that large of a group of people is overwhelming to me. I can barely cook for me.

I hope you have a good weekend!
It''s not wasted babe, remember that. You''re doing it! As long as you''re doing it, you''re not wasting time.
2.gif

Glad the yoga pants worked out. I know, I''m dealing with a similar tummy situation. Last night I was in bed reading and FI grabbed my "chicho" as he affectionately calls it. It''s new and not so cute. For those of you who dont'' know, it''s a little roll of tummy fat. Grrrr
29.gif
. He almost died for that one. I told him, wait till you gain a few...which he never will
20.gif
. So I''m going to keep trying with that DVD. But now that the weather is getting better, I''m already losing a bit here and there because I''ve been running a lot more, and that I love.

Cooking, yea, well I love it. Baking? That''s a different story. You can bake. I can burn...which I often do. That or it just tastes like crap. Cooking is more like, a little dab of this, a little dab of that...takes more practice than anything.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 2:54:52 PM
It''s not wasted babe, remember that. You''re doing it! As long as you''re doing it, you''re not wasting time.
2.gif

Glad the yoga pants worked out. I know, I''m dealing with a similar tummy situation. Last night I was in bed reading and FI grabbed my ''chicho'' as he affectionately calls it. It''s new and not so cute. For those of you who dont'' know, it''s a little roll of tummy fat. Grrrr
29.gif
. He almost died for that one. I told him, wait till you gain a few...which he never will
20.gif
. So I''m going to keep trying with that DVD. But now that the weather is getting better, I''m already losing a bit here and there because I''ve been running a lot more, and that I love.

Cooking, yea, well I love it. Baking? That''s a different story. You can bake. I can burn...which I often do. That or it just tastes like crap. Cooking is more like, a little dab of this, a little dab of that...takes more practice than anything.
Can my chicho and your chicho be friends?
2.gif
20.gif

I can bake! I CAN do that!!

Ok so get this... I don''t have any CDs at work, but I really wanted to listen to music this afternoon. So I grabbed my iPod and brought it to work with me. We''re not supposed to use headphones, so I turned up the iPod volume really high and taped one earphone to each side of my monitor like mini-speakers.

I should take a picture. It''s ridiculous.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
My taped-up speakers.
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif

makeshiftspeakersFTW.JPG

Bia

Ideal_Rock
You just gave me an idea.
36.gif
Ridiculous? You gotta improvise baby!

XM radio online just doesn''t cut it! That, and I can only create so many temp email address to keep using the free trial
9.gif
10.gif
(ghetto, I know).

And who uses CDs anymore? I have a Smashing Pumpkins cd in my desk but after a few rounds of that, you just get tired.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 3:16:32 PM
You just gave me an idea.
36.gif
Ridiculous? You gotta improvise baby!

XM radio online just doesn''t cut it! That, and I can only create so many temp email address to keep using the free trial
9.gif
10.gif
(ghetto, I know).

And who uses CDs anymore? I have a Smashing Pumpkins cd in my desk but after a few rounds of that, you just get tired.
Haha.. we can''t stream anything at work. Anything that streams is blocked, otherwise I''d use Pandora. I freaking LOVE Pandora.com. Can''t say enough good things.

I have a Beatles CD in my desk somewhere. That''s about it. I think it''s scratched anyway.

That''s hilarious about the XM trial. If I could stream.. believe me.. I''d do it too.

somegirl932

Shiny_Rock
Don''t know what I''d do without Pandora... so glad it isn''t blocked where I work!

FF and I have a date night planned tonight... except I shouldn''t say planned because all that''s planned is that we are having a date night! Haha.

It''s spring break, but he''s so busy with his graduate school stuff that it''s not really a break for him!

I register for my last classes (but unfortunately there are five of them
7.gif
) in a couple of weeks!

Whoo. Finishing Bachelor''s in Bioengineering and Computer Science.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 3:51:24 PM
Author: somegirl932
Don''t know what I''d do without Pandora... so glad it isn''t blocked where I work!

FF and I have a date night planned tonight... except I shouldn''t say planned because all that''s planned is that we are having a date night! Haha.

It''s spring break, but he''s so busy with his graduate school stuff that it''s not really a break for him!

I register for my last classes (but unfortunately there are five of them
7.gif
) in a couple of weeks!

Whoo. Finishing Bachelor''s in Bioengineering and Computer Science.
Yes, Pandora is so awesome! My favorite station is my Rufus Wainwright and Gomez station. Love it!

Hahhaa.. that''s how our date nights are. Just a blocked out chunk of time with no real plans. Ah well, at least we try!
20.gif

Congrats on wrapping up your degree! You''re a smarty pants with your bioengineering and your CS!
2.gif
3.gif

somegirl932

Shiny_Rock
I have Jimmy Eat World / Smashmouth stations that sound exactly alike... along with some smaller, localer bands that also sound exactly the same... I guess I just like the same music too much!

And I do pretty badly at my classes because I don''t like them... I wish I was doing something more design-y... When I was applying to college and stuff, everyone just assumed I''d be an engineer because I was good at science and math... but if I had to do it all again, I''m not sure I would have done engineering.
20.gif

Okay, any ideas on what FF and I should do tonight?

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 3:06:28 PM
My taped-up speakers.
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
Elle...that made me LOL for like 5 minutes straight

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 4:26:15 PM
Author: fieryred33143

Date: 3/27/2009 3:06:28 PM
My taped-up speakers.
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
Elle...that made me LOL for like 5 minutes straight

Hahaha. I''m glad someone finds amusement in it!
2.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
OMG. We''re supposed to get almost a foot of snow between tonight and tomorrow, and then SEVENTY DEGREES on Monday. The weather needs to sort itself out, stat.

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for your comments, SS<3 and elle!

I am not sure if we will just camp again or go somewhere new that we haven''t been to before. Either way, I am looking forward to it.
1.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Two lasagnas neatly wrapped and waiting in my fridge. I am exhausted! Making two (one meat, one veggie) is a lot harder than making one. Now there''s a big mess in the kitchen...Should I clean it OR leave it for my baby?
27.gif

Hmmmmmmmmm....

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 10:54:33 PM
Two lasagnas neatly wrapped and waiting in my fridge. I am exhausted! Making two (one meat, one veggie) is a lot harder than making one. Now there''s a big mess in the kitchen...Should I clean it OR leave it for my baby?
27.gif

Hmmmmmmmmm....

Bwahaha. I''d leave it behind.
27.gif

Good night everyone! Have a good weekend!

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
Hey did anyone see my last post?... J/W.

I went to the mall today and I went to Bailey, Banks, and Biddle- and they are going out of business! Everything is 20-50% off even Ritani and Scott Kay! It's not all of the stores, just this one. It was pretty exciting!

How is everyone's weekend so far?

That's so exciting about signing up for your last classes- I wish I was there already!!!! That's awesome elle, at least you are ALMOST done! And you can focus on that one class!!
Bia- I wish I was motivated like you to make that much foor at one time. Normally i just make enough for myself and then I'm too hungry to keep going!

somegirl932

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/28/2009 10:30:08 PM
Author: IloveAsschers13
Hey did anyone see my last post?... J/W.

I went to the mall today and I went to Bailey, Banks, and Biddle- and they are going out of business! Everything is 20-50% off even Tacori and Scott Kay! It''s not all of the stores, just this one. It was pretty exciting!

How is everyone''s weekend so far?

That''s so exciting about signing up for your last classes- I wish I was there already!!!! That''s awesome elle, at least you are ALMOST done! And you can focus on that one class!!

Bia- I wish I was motivated like you to make that much foor at one time. Normally i just make enough for myself and then I''m too hungry to keep going!

Not sure which last post you are referring too...

My FF apparently ran into a couple jewelry stores with lots of sales when he was out last weekend. It is exciting.

How much more school do you have left? I can''t believe I''ll be done in December! Less than 9 months.

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
Well I''m a junior but I''m in the teaching program at MSU so it''s a five year program so I finish taking classes next year but then I have a YEAR of student teaching...

It was the one about going into jewelry stores. We went and it was fun BUT I get so nervous but at least I know what I want now, eh?

Somegirl- Did FF get anything?
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

somegirl932

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/28/2009 10:41:50 PM
Well I'm a junior but I'm in the teaching program at MSU so it's a five year program so I finish taking classes next year but then I have a YEAR of student teaching...

It was the one about going into jewelry stores. We went and it was fun BUT I get so nervous but at least I know what I want now, eh?

Somegirl- Did FF get anything?
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

Ah, okay. I'm technically a senior, but double majoring, so it'll be 4.5 years for me... then moving across the country! (hopefully, assuming i have a job...)

Yea, I'm nervous going into jewelry stores too. Don't know why exactly. Just afraid everyone will think I don't belong there or something? I dunno.

As for him buying something... possibly? There were a few signs... I also overheard a conversation with his mom earlier where he was saying something about stopping in to see them when "it" was in... I am trying not to get my hopes up, because I would so prefer to be surprised than disappointed... but I am failing and getting my hopes up anyway.
9.gif

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
The one time SO and I went ring shopping I was nervous the beginning of the day ( I think bc we did Tiffanys first and its just nerve racking to be in their showrooms with all that gorgeous $$$ stuff!). After the first 10 minutes there and once we started trying things on I was just light headed for the rest of the time, haha. And I was clinging to SO''s arm the entire day. I couldnt believe he asked me to go ring browsing and that I was trying on rings! Its still surreal.

I think it depends on what kind of people you and SO are. My SO isnt ever embarrassed or hesitant when walking into sales situations but I on the other hand am always nervous I''m going to be taken advantage of - dont know why, go figure. Since SO was so confident I didnt really worry or let my nerves get too jilted.

somegirl932

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/28/2009 11:26:33 PM
Author: SailorsSweet<3
The one time SO and I went ring shopping I was nervous the beginning of the day ( I think bc we did Tiffanys first and its just nerve racking to be in their showrooms with all that gorgeous $$$ stuff!). After the first 10 minutes there and once we started trying things on I was just light headed for the rest of the time, haha. And I was clinging to SO's arm the entire day. I couldnt believe he asked me to go ring browsing and that I was trying on rings! Its still surreal.

I think it depends on what kind of people you and SO are. My SO isnt ever embarrassed or hesitant when walking into sales situations but I on the other hand am always nervous I'm going to be taken advantage of - dont know why, go figure. Since SO was so confident I didnt really worry or let my nerves get too jilted.

I think the parts I bolded were definitely part of it for me. And it did wear off to some extent when FF really took charge and answered most of the questions and all I had to do was try on pretty things!

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/28/2009 11:35:43 PM

The one time SO and I went ring shopping I was nervous the beginning of the day ( I think bc we did Tiffanys first and its just nerve racking to be in their showrooms with all that gorgeous $$$ stuff!). After the first 10 minutes there and once we started trying things on I was just light headed for the rest of the time, haha. And I was clinging to SO''s arm the entire day. I couldnt believe he asked me to go ring browsing and that I was trying on rings! Its still surreal.

I think it depends on what kind of people you and SO are. My SO isnt ever embarrassed or hesitant when walking into sales situations but I on the other hand am always nervous I''m going to be taken advantage of - dont know why, go figure. Since SO was so confident I didnt really worry or let my nerves get too jilted.

I think the parts I bolded were definitely part of it for me. And it did wear off to some extent when FF really took charge and answered most of the questions and all I had to do was try on pretty things!

Yes, I love when SO does all the talking whenever we''re in stores! No matter if its a jewelry store or the grocery store. I guess I''m a bad shopper/consumer - unless were talking about clothing, then I''m a very good consumer.
3.gif

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 11:04:29 AM

Yes, I love when SO does all the talking whenever we''re in stores! No matter if its a jewelry store or the grocery store. I guess I''m a bad shopper/consumer - unless were talking about clothing, then I''m a very good consumer.

3.gif

See, I think I was a little nervous because my BF is quiet and I am WAY more knowledgeable in jewelry.. like I used to take TONS of classes and stuff so I have always been interested in it. I LOVED trying on pretty things though. Now I''m just nervous I won''t be able to find something I like and SETTLE on that ONE ring.. I keep changing my mind!

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 1:22:13 PM

Date: 3/29/2009 11:04:29 AM
Author: SailorsSweet

Author: SailorsSweet

3.gif

See, I think I was a little nervous because my BF is quiet and I am WAY more knowledgeable in jewelry.. like I used to take TONS of classes and stuff so I have always been interested in it. I LOVED trying on pretty things though. Now I''m just nervous I won''t be able to find something I like and SETTLE on that ONE ring.. I keep changing my mind!
You dont have to neccessarily settle ILA. I was pretty indecisive about what I liked but I didnt realize that they all had common similarities. My SO''s favorite setting actually enveloped all those similarities and the more I looked at it the more I loved it. He wont tell me what he decided to do - whether he did something custom or picked a setting we tried on - but once I was able to pinpoint what I liked about rings it really helped me to find all those points in one setting.

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
Sailor- Yeah, I know, I guess I''m just nervous about the whole thing!
6.gif

anyways-

Toby got put down yesterday.

My aunt and uncle decided that if he had a really bad day they didnt want him to go through it again, so yesterday he had an awful day- just lagging around and wanting to be alone and clearly in pain, so they took him in.

One more angel in doggy heaven.

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
7.gif
Im sorry. At least hes not suffering anymore, that is the most important thing. And when your Aunt and Uncle are ready they can give another dog a great home, seeing as there are far too many animals who are abandoned now-a-days.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results