shape
carat
color
clarity

The March LIW small talk thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
My username:

My name is Lauren, and lots of people call me L-Dizzle or L-dizzy.

So L becomes Elle... and then the dizzy.

Original, I know.
20.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 12:03:31 AM
Author: somegirl932
okay, so i''m kind of new here, and thus, questions.

1. how do people feel about dragging up old threads? or even threads that aren''t very old (like, say, january)... I was reading old threads and really liked the ''suspicious activity thread'' haha.

2. so... I''m pretty sure I''m crazy. And maybe worry about things too much. But I''ve been on pricescope for like a month. not even. we''ve been ring shopping four months, but more like a month seriously. and yet i have reason to believe that my SO may have purchased something (hence the other question about the suspicious activities...). and then i read IloveAsschers13''s post about hopefully getting engaged in the next 18 months, and i feel a bit like a cheater! you have all been here way longer than me! i know what''s it''s like to see people younger than me, dating their SO for less time than me, get engaged. it feels bad. and here i am, being 21, ''only'' dating SO for 3 years, only been on pricescope for a month... i guess i''m not sure what the question is, but how do you all do it! i would like, want to punch myself in the face...

and a disclaimer, because tones don''t translate across the internet very well... i guess i''m just superimpressed with all of you. and thanks for accepting newbies like me. (also that was totally not a disclaimer at all, but I hope people understand that I''m not seriously upset at myself on behalf of other people)

Your post was funny. I think bringing up old threads is fine. Or even re-starting it. Whatever!

Re: people getting engaged younger/faster than me.

I couldn''t care less, to be honest. If you''re 21, and want to get married, that''s awesome for you. I, however, know who I was dating at 21, and thank god that I didn''t marry him. I needed more time to find the guy who makes me happy, and learn more about myself. Now he''s here, and we''re going to get engaged and married. End of story.

I get upset sometimes about getting lapped IRL, but not on PS. I''m genuinely happy for all PSers who find the one they want to spend their lives with. I have not ever been jealous, upset, or resentful of any LIW who has gotten engaged. Unless their ring was totally bad ass.
11.gif

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 10:15:29 AM
Author: Bia

Date: 3/25/2009 4:02:05 PM
Author: sammyj

I lurve it too!

And, I just wanted to note that although I''m not technically an LIW anymore,
20.gif
to the LIW haters. I think we already covered it in small talk this month, but if you don''t want to read about LIW turmoil, then don''t look in LIW!!!!!
What''s your point?
25.gif
I STAY IN THIS FORUM like I''m still a LIW. I love it here...you''re like my interent fam.

ETA: Oh, and because I am not the most original person in the world, my username is my name cut in half. If I wanted to remain anonymous, I guess that wasn''t very smart.
Haha...I know..I feel the same way about the LIW forum, but that wasn''t the point!!! It was about people coming into the forum and bashing LIW. Boooo.

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 11:13:58 AM
Author: elledizzy5
Date: 3/26/2009 12:03:31 AM

Author: somegirl932

okay, so i''m kind of new here, and thus, questions.

1. how do people feel about dragging up old threads? or even threads that aren''t very old (like, say, january)... I was reading old threads and really liked the ''suspicious activity thread'' haha.

2. so... I''m pretty sure I''m crazy. And maybe worry about things too much. But I''ve been on pricescope for like a month. not even. we''ve been ring shopping four months, but more like a month seriously. and yet i have reason to believe that my SO may have purchased something (hence the other question about the suspicious activities...). and then i read IloveAsschers13''s post about hopefully getting engaged in the next 18 months, and i feel a bit like a cheater! you have all been here way longer than me! i know what''s it''s like to see people younger than me, dating their SO for less time than me, get engaged. it feels bad. and here i am, being 21, ''only'' dating SO for 3 years, only been on pricescope for a month... i guess i''m not sure what the question is, but how do you all do it! i would like, want to punch myself in the face...

and a disclaimer, because tones don''t translate across the internet very well... i guess i''m just superimpressed with all of you. and thanks for accepting newbies like me. (also that was totally not a disclaimer at all, but I hope people understand that I''m not seriously upset at myself on behalf of other people)

Well- I always really think about taking myself off the list to be honest. I know I am going to be engaged to my BF but I have been on this forum for (not even sure how long??) and I''m 21 too. That''s the only reason we are waiting! We are in college and we can barely afford our rent, let alone a ring! Not to mention when I have my wedding, I want to do a lot of it myself, but I know how expensive it is. There is a reason for waiting 18 months. This is shorter than it was before! So you are not younger than me sweets!

Haha I also feel like I type extremely different then I talk in real life!!!

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
HOLY CRAP I HAVE ALMOST BEEN HERE A YEAR!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 1:35:36 PM
Author: IloveAsschers13
HOLY CRAP I HAVE ALMOST BEEN HERE A YEAR!
I know...My PS Anniversary is Saturday!!!!
36.gif

The year really flew!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Maybe it''s my own sick sense of humor, but has anybody caught the show Eastbound and Down???? OMGoooooodness, that show is soooooooo funny. FI and I caught it on HBO on demand and we are hooked!

If you like HBO comedies, then you might really enjoy it. Yea, it''s raunchy, with lots of boobage, but it really is quite hilarious. One of the producers of the show is Will Ferrel, and he cracks me up.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Bia, we don't get HBO here in the UK, but if there's a comedy that comes with ample boobage, no doubt J would love it if he ever came across it.
3.gif

Am having a verrrry hard time planning my lessons to teach tomorrow. So so so tired, mentally and physically. Why isn't TODAY Friday? Not sure I can make it another day!
39.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 3:15:08 PM
Author: gwendolyn
Bia, we don''t get HBO here in the UK, but if there''s a comedy that comes with ample boobage, no doubt J would love it if he ever came across it.
3.gif

Am having a verrrry hard time planning my lessons to teach tomorrow. So so so tired, mentally and physically. Why isn''t TODAY Friday? Not sure I can make it another day!
39.gif
LOL I''m trying to think if it''s "in good taste boobage" or "not in good taste boobage." Either way, boys always seem to appreciate it.

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
Gwen- is your avatar different for different threads or something???? Hahaha I was just in hangout and I came here and it was different?

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 5:51:29 PM
Author: IloveAsschers13
Gwen- is your avatar different for different threads or something???? Hahaha I was just in hangout and I came here and it was different?
Hahah, no, I''m just indecisive.
3.gif
Settled on this one for now, though! No more changes for me...for a bit.
1.gif

Bia, I think to the boys, all boobage is in good taste.
2.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Bia, we don''t get HBO here in the UK, but if there''s a comedy that comes with ample boobage, no doubt J would love it if he ever came across it.
3.gif

Am having a verrrry hard time planning my lessons to teach tomorrow. So so so tired, mentally and physically. Why isn''t TODAY Friday? Not sure I can make it another day!
39.gif
You should teach your students about diamonds! "OK, class, so there are 4 ''C''s..."
9.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lol LP!!!!!

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 6:48:59 PM
Author: ladypirate

3.gif

39.gif

You should teach your students about diamonds! ''OK, class, so there are 4 ''C''s...''
9.gif

I love it!

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
Hey weird question-

When you go into jewelry stores, do you get really nervous? I feel like I shouldn''t be in them! Me and my BF just tried to go ring shopping, but the one jeweler that was local and does custom was closed to we went to Kay. All I have to say is- alsdkflsdbgaouwrjekn there was nothing there!

They had ONLY 4 prong setting. NOTHING else. If I wanted anything else, I would have to have them order it for 123908x the amount it was worth. They have nothing over a 1 carat. And the best clarity I saw was Si1 and the best 1 carat I tried on was an i1. ICK!

Anyways- I am always really nervous when I go there. Me and my bf are going to go this weekend so we can get a feel for settings I like since we have been switching around so much. There is a pawnish shop near me and I went in there with my mom one time because she wanted to sell her gold. I got to try on a 4.5 ct. asscher...
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
It was so beautiful. So we''re going back.

Haha little story about that- I was looking at everything and I never want to make it sound like I''m smarter than the jewelers so I normally keep my mouth shut but I asked the guy to try on the asscher. I was talking ALL about it and how much I loved it and how it was so rare to see one, and he was like, I''ll have that back thanks, I''m nervous with you wearing it- jokingly. haha I was a glorious day. So I can''t wait to go back! They also had a little box of eternity rings that I *think* I might be able to find a deal within.. something antique.

Wish me luck!!

Vancity

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,

I''m new here...lurked for a few months and just finally registered 2day!

I''ve been reading PS for a while (so much fun & great info!).

I''m sure this is a dumb question, but for the life of me, I can''t figure out what the "SO" stands for?!

I''ll feel much more in the loop once I know what "SO" means
21.gif

Thx all! Have a great night!
35.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi, and welcome!
35.gif

SO = Significant Other
41.gif

Vancity

Shiny_Rock
*slaps forehead!*

OHHHHHHHHHHH! DUH TO ME!
9.gif

Thx so much for the quick reply elledizzy5!

35.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 10:42:56 PM
Author: Vancity
*slaps forehead!*

OHHHHHHHHHHH! DUH TO ME!
9.gif

Thx so much for the quick reply elledizzy5!

35.gif

Hahaha. NO problem. I take it upon myself to be the trolling FAQ person.
2.gif

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
welcome VC!!

mausketeer

Shiny_Rock
Yes VC - good to have you aboard - I live in Vancouver too! Funny if we knew each other, huh?

- Jodie -

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
FF and I were just chatting about his family camping trip coming up this summer. He has to take a mandatory lay-off week from work in July, but he wants to do the camping trip in August and use his vacation days for that. He says he wants to save the week in July for a trip for just the two of us.
30.gif
We''ve never taken a vacation together so I am really excited about the prospects. We may do more camping or find a place we''d like to go together. I have a little voice in the back of my head telling me that that might be the proposal week, which would be fantastic timing - our two year anni is in July and he has said numerous times that he wants to offer me a ring this summer. More details to come later as this develops.
36.gif

Vancity

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for the warm welcome, ladies!
9.gif

That would be funny if we did know each other, mausketeer!

My name is Ally, and I live right in D/T Vancity. Lived here all my life, so it''s a def. possibility!

Looking forward to chatting with all of you
21.gif

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 12:13:39 AM
Author: equestrienne
FF and I were just chatting about his family camping trip coming up this summer. He has to take a mandatory lay-off week from work in July, but he wants to do the camping trip in August and use his vacation days for that. He says he wants to save the week in July for a trip for just the two of us.
30.gif
We''ve never taken a vacation together so I am really excited about the prospects. We may do more camping or find a place we''d like to go together. I have a little voice in the back of my head telling me that that might be the proposal week, which would be fantastic timing - our two year anni is in July and he has said numerous times that he wants to offer me a ring this summer. More details to come later as this develops.
36.gif

very exciting equestrienne! Do you have any ideas as to where you two want to go for your vacation?

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 12:51:13 AM
Author: Vancity
Thank you for the warm welcome, ladies!
9.gif

That would be funny if we did know each other, mausketeer!

My name is Ally, and I live right in D/T Vancity. Lived here all my life, so it''s a def. possibility!

Looking forward to chatting with all of you
21.gif
Welcome VanCity! I just wanted to say that Vancouver is my favourite city in Canada...We''re hoping to move there in the next few years!
1.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 12:13:39 AM
Author: equestrienne
30.gif
36.gif
Woot! Sounds promising!
3.gif
36.gif

Have fun camping! I haven''t gone camping in forever, and I miss it!

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
I just missed SO''s phone call on the way into work - my phone didnt ring even though it wasnt on silent! AND the email system was down from last Friday ''til this past Wednesday but last night my emails started bouncing back so I figured it went down again. But SO said in his voicemail that the whole server broke and they cant even get access their classified work
7.gif
Doesnt that just soundddd like its going to take a while to fix? ESPECIALLY if youre a ship floating out in the middle of an ocean???
39.gif

... maybe they''ll come home 7 weeks early? Fat chance
38.gif
Im bummed at work and my day just started!

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 9:26:52 AM
Author: SailorsSweet<3
I just missed SO''s phone call on the way into work - my phone didnt ring even though it wasnt on silent! AND the email system was down from last Friday ''til this past Wednesday but last night my emails started bouncing back so I figured it went down again. But SO said in his voicemail that the whole server broke and they cant even get access their classified work
7.gif
Doesnt that just soundddd like its going to take a while to fix? ESPECIALLY if youre a ship floating out in the middle of an ocean???
39.gif

38.gif

Oh, yuck! I''m sorry, SS! Hopefully the telecom/IT guys out there are top-notch.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 11:22:03 AM
Author: misskitty

Date: 3/27/2009 9:26:52 AM
Author: SailorsSweet<3
7.gif
39.gif

38.gif

Oh, yuck! I''m sorry, SS! Hopefully the telecom/IT guys out there are top-notch.
Yeah, seriously! They better get that shiz straightened out! What a bummer!

I hope the rest of your day gets better!

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
thanks girls! I'm feeling a little better already. I'm looking for custom bar inspirations for a client at work and I came across this designers' home in Architectural Digest and its just gorgeeeouusssss. I feel like its too feminine for SO to enjoy living in if I were to try and use the same color palates and such (even though the designer appears to be straight male) but it spiked my mood for the day! The designer is Campion Platt

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results