shape
carat
color
clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
We''re doing it. Las Vegas. Luxor. Reservations have been made.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2009 2:51:18 AM
Author: FrekeChild
We''re doing it. Las Vegas. Luxor. Reservations have been made.
Woo hoo!

36.gif

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
good morning ladies!

FrekeChild - yay for Vegas!!!
36.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Morning everyone. I''m getting ready for work but I''ll be back
10.gif

Freke: smart girl! you won''t regret it
36.gif

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Good morning!

Freke, I think you made the right decision!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Mornin'' ladies!

Freke...wooo yay for you
1.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wrote my vows last night!
6.gif

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Good morning!
35.gif

Freke - good decision! Have fun!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2009 10:16:07 AM
Author: elledizzy5
6.gif
I didn''t know you were writing your vows! Cooooool. Was it difficult?

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2009 10:24:47 AM
Author: Bia

6.gif
I didn't know you were writing your vows! Cooooool. Was it difficult?
To get started, yes.

I just searched around for other people's vows to get an idea of how they laid everything out. Once I started, it kind of flowed. Now I have time to edit, edit, edit!

ETA: Man, I'm tearing up just reading them at work! How the heck will I make it through the ceremony?!

elation

Rough_Rock
Good morning ladies,

Freke - Have fun in Vegas! I''m sure it won''t be hard =P

Elle - Wow, writing your own vows, that''s really sweet =) I hear the process is very reflective and heart-warming.

Um,
Is it alright if I rant here?

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2009 10:38:08 AM
Author: elation
Good morning ladies,

Freke - Have fun in Vegas! I''m sure it won''t be hard =P

Elle - Wow, writing your own vows, that''s really sweet =) I hear the process is very reflective and heart-warming.

Um,
Is it alright if I rant here?
Morning, el...

Rant away!
9.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Given the number of times I''ve ranted this week, I say yes. Rant away.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2009 10:25:59 AM

6.gif
To get started, yes.

I just searched around for other people''s vows to get an idea of how they laid everything out. Once I started, it kind of flowed. Now I have time to edit, edit, edit!

ETA: Man, I''m tearing up just reading them at work! How the heck will I make it through the ceremony?!
All together now:

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

elation

Rough_Rock
Thanks =p

Well, I''m kind of choking now on my feelings about the other guy.. to the point where I''m just left feeling really lost and confused on what I really want in life anyway (how could I let a guy throw me off??). I just don''t know what to do because it''s heavily affecting my relationship with the BF, not that we fight, but he knows that I''m closing him off. I''ve been trying to just cut off this other guy and just sort out me, but I feel like I''m denying myself happiness. I''m refusing to contemplate a relationship with this other guy who seems so wrong, but I''m worried that it''s more than that, like I''m just scared to be alone and scared of being wrong. I read about other people who are so completely enthralled by their SO and I''m wondering what I''m missing. A month ago I would''ve thought I WAS one of those people, then everything exploded. It''s always on my mind, really weighing me down and I''m sorry I keep iterating on this topic, but I just don''t know what to do! Throw all your thoughts at me, my head is going to explode!

On top of that, my guy best friend called last night and told me he is breaking up with his girlfriend. He asked me, what are good reasons for a break up? I also feel that cutting him out of my life for his own good is not a decision I can make, it''s his. I''ve let him know where I stand.

*big sigh*
8.gif

Thanks for listening~

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2009 10:55:29 AM
Thanks =p

Well, I''m kind of choking now on my feelings about the other guy.. to the point where I''m just left feeling really lost and confused on what I really want in life anyway (how could I let a guy throw me off??). I just don''t know what to do because it''s heavily affecting my relationship with the BF, not that we fight, but he knows that I''m closing him off. I''ve been trying to just cut off this other guy and just sort out me, but I feel like I''m denying myself happiness. I''m refusing to contemplate a relationship with this other guy who seems so wrong, but I''m worried that it''s more than that, like I''m just scared to be alone and scared of being wrong. I read about other people who are so completely enthralled by their SO and I''m wondering what I''m missing. A month ago I would''ve thought I WAS one of those people, then everything exploded. It''s always on my mind, really weighing me down and I''m sorry I keep iterating on this topic, but I just don''t know what to do! Throw all your thoughts at me, my head is going to explode!

On top of that, my guy best friend called last night and told me he is breaking up with his girlfriend. He asked me, what are good reasons for a break up? I also feel that cutting him out of my life for his own good is not a decision I can make, it''s his. I''ve let him know where I stand.

*big sigh*
8.gif

Thanks for listening~

I hate to say it, but it seems like you really just don''t need to be in a relationship at all right now. It''s not fair to you, your BF, or the other guy. It''s not fair to your current BF to be in a relationship with him when this is clearly something more than a flirty crush. It seems you have genuine feelings for someone else. You don''t HAVE to make your current relationship work, yanno? You''re young, and have plenty of time. Don''t force it!

You seem confused, and honestly... you need to be alone to un-confuse yourself.

Obviously, I only know what you tell me, so take my advice with a grain of salt. But if you''re that upset/confused, I believe its best to just cut your ties and figure things out.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2009 10:47:39 AM
Author: princesss

6.gif
To get started, yes.

I just searched around for other people''s vows to get an idea of how they laid everything out. Once I started, it kind of flowed. Now I have time to edit, edit, edit!

ETA: Man, I''m tearing up just reading them at work! How the heck will I make it through the ceremony?!
All together now:

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
9.gif
20.gif

elation

Rough_Rock
Hey Elle..
You''re right, it isn''t fair to him at all. A break up is also something I''ve been so hesitantly contemplating although I know it would crush the BF to dust. I am sure he would rather me talk all of this to him instead of trying to figure it out on my own, but I''m not sure if that''s the best idea.? I''m sure that would cause irrevocable damages, but would that be the fair thing to do? Communication, right?
I''m not sure about this either, but I keep thinking all I have to do is get back to school when summer ends (in another city, but the BF follows) and away from that guy, then my senses will return to me (really does feel like I''ve been sucker punched). Is that a dumb idea?

"It''s not you, it''s me" <-- it''s such a cliché heh

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2009 11:05:03 AM

Thanks =p

*big sigh*
8.gif

Thanks for listening~

I hate to say it, but it seems like you really just don''t need to be in a relationship at all right now. It''s not fair to you, your BF, or the other guy. It''s not fair to your current BF to be in a relationship with him when this is clearly something more than a flirty crush. It seems you have genuine feelings for someone else. You don''t HAVE to make your current relationship work, yanno? You''re young, and have plenty of time. Don''t force it!

Obviously, I only know what you tell me, so take my advice with a grain of salt. But if you''re that upset/confused, I believe its best to just cut your ties and figure things out.
+1. I''m sorry, honey, I know it''s not what you want to hear, but sometimes taking a break and re-evaluating is good for you. If this is more than just a random, fun crush and has you really worried about your relationship, it may just be that it''s making you aware of issues you haven''t paid attention to before. Better now than later, but that doesn''t make it easy.

*big hug*

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/16/2009 11:22:11 AM
Date: 7/16/2009 11:05:03 AM

Thanks =p

*big sigh*
8.gif

Thanks for listening~

+1. I''m sorry, honey, I know it''s not what you want to hear, but sometimes taking a break and re-evaluating is good for you. If this is more than just a random, fun crush and has you really worried about your relationship, it may just be that it''s making you aware of issues you haven''t paid attention to before. Better now than later, but that doesn''t make it easy.

*big hug*

Make that +2. I know it''s hard to say and hear it (and like Elle said, we only know what you tell us, so obviously you have to be the judge of whether or not our advice is best for your situation), but I agree with Elle. I think you sound very confused and being in your relationship right now is not the best thing for you or your BF. **hugs**

Bia

Ideal_Rock
elation: I agree with everyone else. It''s unfair to both you and your BF to keep things the way they are. Take some time to think about what you need.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
So a couple days ago after I was venting about not having any time to have fun with DH (because of recent school, his busy work schedule, and MANY family obligations) someone suggested I make a nice, romantic dinner for the 2 of us. So tonight I am! I''m actually really excited about it. I have to go to the store later to get some ingredients for what I want to make, but I''m so excited. Is that kinda silly?
4.gif

I also found out that we''re going away this weekend! Not alone, unfortunately, but still it should be nice. My siblings are away in sleepaway camp and visiting day is on Sunday so we''re going to see my sister and brother. My dad called me and told me his friend is letting them use their house in the country by a lake for the weekend and he wants us to come. It''s supposedly a really nice 4-bedroom house (so hopefully DH and I will at least have some privacy and alone time together) and I''m hoping there''s a nice area around there to maybe take walks or sit by the lake or something. So also kinda excited for that.
1.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Lilac, that sounds wonderful! BF and I do date night once a week, and it''s made a world of difference in how connected I feel to him. We make dinner, watch a movie, or just hang out and talk. But once a week we put the focus on just being together and enjoying each other''s company. I''m almost giddy on Monday after work because I know I get to spend time with him and only him.
30.gif

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/16/2009 10:47:39 AM

6.gif

To get started, yes.

All together now:

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

my sentiments exactly! elle, that''s so cool that you guys are writing your vows. i think it''s very sweet!

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
elation - i''m sorry you''re going through this rough spot right now. *HUGS* i''m pretty much in agreement with what everyone else had to say. even though i hate using the phrase, "taking a break", i really think that''s what you need to sort out your feelings. i know it''s probably not what you wanted to hear, but i think it would only be fair to your BF if you did talk about what''s going on. yes, it''s going to be difficult for the both of you but at least you''re communicating, and being honest with him. i know this is a whole lot easier said than actually done, but be strong and we''re here for you!

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/16/2009 1:07:53 PM
Lilac, that sounds wonderful! BF and I do date night once a week, and it''s made a world of difference in how connected I feel to him. We make dinner, watch a movie, or just hang out and talk. But once a week we put the focus on just being together and enjoying each other''s company. I''m almost giddy on Monday after work because I know I get to spend time with him and only him.
30.gif

We also usually try to do date night also once a week, and I think it DEFINITELY helps us reconnect during our busy weeks!

We used to try to go out to dinner or do something (like mini-golf, bowling, etc) Thursday nights, but lately our date nights have been just consisting of a walk to Starbucks or ice cream once a week (which we really like and is really great because we get to take that walk together and talk about our day and everything) but I feel like tonight I want to do something special and I want to show him I was thinking of him all day and cared to make him dinner. I usually make dinner every night anyway, but tonight I''m going to have it all ready when he gets home, I''m going to take some wine out, and I want to light some candles. He''s done this in the past for me, but tonight I want to do it for him because I know he''s having a hard week at work and I just want to do something a little different.

And maybe after dinner we''ll take our weekly walk to Starbucks/ice cream like we usually do Thursday nights because I looooove ice cream!
2.gif

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2009 1:41:24 PM
Author: Lilac

Date: 7/16/2009 1:07:53 PM
30.gif

We also usually try to do date night also once a week, and I think it DEFINITELY helps us reconnect during our busy weeks!

We used to try to go out to dinner or do something (like mini-golf, bowling, etc) Thursday nights, but lately our date nights have been just consisting of a walk to Starbucks or ice cream once a week (which we really like and is really great because we get to take that walk together and talk about our day and everything) but I feel like tonight I want to do something special and I want to show him I was thinking of him all day and cared to make him dinner. I usually make dinner every night anyway, but tonight I''m going to have it all ready when he gets home, I''m going to take some wine out, and I want to light some candles. He''s done this in the past for me, but tonight I want to do it for him because I know he''s having a hard week at work and I just want to do something a little different.

And maybe after dinner we''ll take our weekly walk to Starbucks/ice cream like we usually do Thursday nights because I looooove ice cream!
2.gif
I hope you enjoy, that sounds like a wonderful evening!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Sounds wonderful! He''s going to feel super special, and really lucky to have a wife like you.

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
Lilac - i LOVE date nights and yay for going away for the weekend! i think it''ll be great for the two of you to get a way for some much needed R&R. it sounds like your trip will be really nice! so whatcha going to make for dinner? i''m so with you on ice cream! it''s my favorite dessert and it''ll literally make me feel better about practically anything! it has magic powers!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Hi Ladies.

I''m getting kind of depressed about finding work.
7.gif
My resume doesn''t look great what with moving around a lot the last couple of years (literally moving--3 cities in the last 3 years). Most employers are looking for people who have been at previous jobs for at least 2 - 3 years. I''m just afraid I won''t be able to find anyone to hire me in this economy. I don''t know what I''m going to do. I signed up with a temp agency today and I''ll be signing up with a couple of others as well, but I just don''t know. I''m just getting depressed.

Any suggestions?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results