shape
carat
color
clarity

The June LIW Small Talk Thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Was happ''nin'' ladies?
35.gif

Congrats elle, woot!

Elation, that sucks. I hate when that happens.

Bia, I''m jealous that you got Sims! Hmmm maybe if I have extra bday money I''ll get that.
27.gif
Then FI and I will never speak again until the game or our computer dies. Hahaha! It''s addicting!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 11:19:01 AM
Author: sunnyd
Was happ''nin'' ladies?
35.gif

Congrats elle, woot!

Elation, that sucks. I hate when that happens.

Bia, I''m jealous that you got Sims! Hmmm maybe if I have extra bday money I''ll get that.
27.gif
Then FI and I will never speak again until the game or our computer dies. Hahaha! It''s addicting!
Morning, sunnyd!
35.gif

Thanks!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 11:18:49 AM
Author: elledizzy5

Date: 6/24/2009 11:13:35 AM
Author: Miscka
Congrats, Elle!!

I want to hear what you guys think of Sims3...I have played some of them and enjoyed them, but this one seems so complex!
Thanks, Miscka!

I want to play, but I''m trying super duper hard to save money right now for the wedding. It may have to wait.
7.gif
I''ll wait for ya Elle! I''m patient when I have to be
11.gif

Seriously, I''ll let you all know what I think tonight. I know NOTHING about Sims, so I''ll have to essentially teach myself how to play. We shall see...

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
The good thing about Sims games is that they''re fairly intuitive, so it''s super easy to get up to speed.

I''m debating getting Sims3. B thinks I already spend too much time on the computer/360, so I might wait a bit and pick up a copy later on.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 11:22:36 AM
Author: Bia

Congrats, Elle!!

I want to hear what you guys think of Sims3...I have played some of them and enjoyed them, but this one seems so complex!
Thanks, Miscka!

I want to play, but I''m trying super duper hard to save money right now for the wedding. It may have to wait.
7.gif
I''ll wait for ya Elle! I''m patient when I have to be
11.gif

Seriously, I''ll let you all know what I think tonight. I know NOTHING about Sims, so I''ll have to essentially teach myself how to play. We shall see...
Haha, thanks B!

Maybe MomDizzy can buy me Sims 3 for my graduation present!
3.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 1:42:20 AM
Author: FrekeChild

Date: 6/23/2009 7:50:25 PM
Author: Dreamgirl

Date: 6/23/2009 7:47:16 PM
Differences? Do you honestly think I''m the only person who feels this way?

And aggressive? Yes. 11,200+ posts and ALL of them are aggressive. Give me a break. Not even 5% of those would be aggressive. I bet not even 1%.

Your perception is messed up. I would like someone else, besides DG, that has reasonable experience here on PS to tell me I''m aggressive. Thanks.
Freke please, I''m trying to work this out here. Your responses TO ME are AGRESSIVE. Look above...

Don''t insult me. And your saying I''m unreasonable? I would like to get past our differences. I''m honestly trying to work things out between us here and you are just making it worse. I''m asking you, how shall YOU AND I without anyone else being invloved get past whatever it is that is between us?
I did not insult you. Your perception is another story.

For further clarification I''ll ask you to read this page of that thread. And the end of page 42 and the top of page 43 of this page.

I am unreasonable with people who have shown no leanings towards logical reasoning over a prolonged period of time. I have been exceptionally patient in your case and have taken more time than I should have trying to talk some sense into you. I am NOT the only one. By FAR. And you KNOW that. Your friend Bia is asking you the exact same thing I have. So is Princesss. So have many other people I have read the posts of. Gypsy comes to mind.

And no you''re not trying to work out any differences. You''re trying to make me look like the bad guy. Well, I wish you luck. And you should know that THERE ISN''T ANYTHING BETWEEN US.

There are MANY people on PS that I care about. Some I consider close friends. Many I consider friends. Many that have made some kind of difference in my life.

And you? You don''t listen to reason. You start drama. You spread it all over the forum. You create friction across the boards. You''ve insulted people. Actually you''ve intentionally insulted people, and when called on it, didn''t apologize. (Remember a certain engagement party thread where you spouted off about how their family traditions were a waste of money? Yeah.) And then, when you feel defensive, you spout off about how you''re friends with everyone, nice to everyone, and a ''staple of the PS community''. Right.

Those are facts. Not insults.

Tell me. Why should I be reasonable with you? Why should I call a truce with you? Tell me, what is the point?

My question to myself--why do I even bother?
Give me a #$!&%*# break. I was joking around in that thread when I said that. Talk about bringing things into other threads! You don''t understand my sarcasm. And also, I''ve always apologized when I''ve said something wrong or hurtful to anyone (ie the thread you were talking about) So get your facts straight. When I''ve done something wrong, I own up to it. And I WAS trying to work things out with you, I truly was but I can see that this isn''t possible because you are too immature to set aside whatever it is that is stuck up your butt. So please freke, how about you and I just avoid each other all together? This way neither of us have anything to worry about any longer. It seems to me that is the only way to get past this. Because I''ve tried with you, I''m trying here but you just wont stop the accusations. You can''t just say "your right, we ought to just try and get along!" I truly don''t know what else to do.

And also, everything in life is about perception. Yours happens to be wrong on me. But be that as it is....

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Morning ladies!
35.gif

Miscka- I LOVE your new avatar!
2.gif
31.gif

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock

Congrats, Elle!!

Thanks, Miscka!

7.gif

I hear you there. I am doing the same. Not much fun.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 11:44:45 AM

Congrats, Elle!!

Thanks, Miscka!

7.gif

I am missing key details on your post wedding wedding. I have a bad memory. I need some gingko biloba (or however you spell it)

What have you planned so far?

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks DG, there''s a SMTR if you want to see it full size.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 11:33:26 AM
Give me a #$!&%*# break. I was joking around in that thread when I said that. Talk about bringing things into other threads! You don''t understand my sarcasm. And also, I''ve always apologized when I''ve said something wrong or hurtful to anyone (ie the thread you were talking about) So get your facts straight. When I''ve done something wrong, I own up to it. And I WAS trying to work things out with you, I truly was but I can see that this isn''t possible because you are too immature to set aside whatever it is that is stuck up your butt. So please freke, how about you and I just avoid each other all together? This way neither of us have anything to worry about any longer. It seems to me that is the only way to get past this. Because I''ve tried with you, I''m trying here but you just wont stop the accusations. You can''t just say ''your right, we ought to just try and get along!'' I truly don''t know what else to do.

And also, everything in life is about perception. Yours happens to be wrong on me. But be that as it is....
Seriously, DG? Inappropriate.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 11:50:05 AM
Thanks DG, there''s a SMTR if you want to see it full size.
Great, I''ll go check it out!!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 11:52:27 AM

Date: 6/24/2009 11:33:26 AM
Give me a #$!&%*# break. I was joking around in that thread when I said that. Talk about bringing things into other threads! You don''t understand my sarcasm. And also, I''ve always apologized when I''ve said something wrong or hurtful to anyone (ie the thread you were talking about) So get your facts straight. When I''ve done something wrong, I own up to it. And I WAS trying to work things out with you, I truly was but I can see that this isn''t possible because you are too immature to set aside whatever it is that is stuck up your butt. So please freke, how about you and I just avoid each other all together? This way neither of us have anything to worry about any longer. It seems to me that is the only way to get past this. Because I''ve tried with you, I''m trying here but you just wont stop the accusations. You can''t just say ''your right, we ought to just try and get along!'' I truly don''t know what else to do.

Seriously, DG? Inappropriate.
Ditto.
38.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Inappropriate????????!!!!!!!!!!!????????????? What about all this??????????? What about her OVERSIZEDtext on the previous page? Yelling maybe? I can't BELIEVE you think what she has said to me is acceptable.
40.gif

Your perception is messed up. I would like someone else, besides DG, that has reasonable experience here on PS to tell me I'm aggressive. Thanks.

Date: 6/23/2009 1:42:03 PM
VICTIM COMPLEX. Yet again, (For what, the hundredth time? Oh no, just the 99th)

So you can take that line and...

Your perception is another story.
False information:

And you? You don't listen to reason. You start drama. You spread it all over the forum. You create friction across the boards. You've insulted people. Actually you've intentionally insulted people, and when called on it, didn't apologize. (Remember a certain engagement party thread where you spouted off about how their family traditions were a waste of money? Yeah.) And then, when you feel defensive, you spout off about how you're friends with everyone, nice to everyone, and a 'staple of the PS community'. Right.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 11:47:15 AM
Date: 6/24/2009 11:44:45 AM

Congrats, Elle!!

Thanks, Miscka!

7.gif

I am missing key details on your post wedding wedding. I have a bad memory. I need some gingko biloba (or however you spell it)

What have you planned so far?

My planning is so slacker. I am terrible. I have a lot of stuff but not motivated to do much more. So far I have:
-location and food (really old gorgeous Inn that is now a restaurant, with fantastic menus and they use local produce, etc)
-time (brunch)
-dress/shoes/jewelry
-photog (love him, and got a great price since its brunch and much more laid back than a "regular" wedding)

still need:
-invites
-flowers (I think? probably very minimal)
-new wbands (we both want new ones...mine doesnt match the ering and his is wood and not great for everyday)
-someone to "officiate" the renewal. Obvs could be anyone, but I haven''t really gotten on that yet.
-veil or headpiece of some sort? Not sure on this either.

I need someone/something to light a fire under my butt to get this stuff done. I did scope some ADORABLE invite kits at Michael''s last night. I was going to total DIY but who knows.

What about you? What kind of band will you wear with the ring you haven''t shown us enough pics of??

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Hmm, so, I just poked my head into your Small Talk thread for the first time . . . hope you don''t mind I''m not a LIW (although, neither are some of you) - none of my lawyers are here right now and I''m a little lonely. . .

Interesting!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 12:05:30 PM
Author: TheBigT
Hmm, so, I just poked my head into your Small Talk thread for the first time . . . hope you don''t mind I''m not a LIW (although, neither are some of you) - none of my lawyers are here right now and I''m a little lonely. . .

Interesting!
That''s fine and hello to you BigT! This thread is really here to talk about anything and everything. Anyone can post in here!

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 12:02:31 PM
Inappropriate????????!!!!!!!!!!!????????????? What about all this??????????? What about her OVERSIZEDtext on the previous page? Yelling maybe? I can't BELIEVE you think what she has said to me is acceptable.
40.gif

Your perception is messed up. I would like someone else, besides DG, that has reasonable experience here on PS to tell me I'm aggressive. Thanks.

False information:

And you? You don't listen to reason. You start drama. You spread it all over the forum. You create friction across the boards. You've insulted people. Actually you've intentionally insulted people, and when called on it, didn't apologize. (Remember a certain engagement party thread where you spouted off about how their family traditions were a waste of money? Yeah.) And then, when you feel defensive, you spout off about how you're friends with everyone, nice to everyone, and a 'staple of the PS community'. Right.

Can we just knock all this stuff off and let it go? I'm guessing you don't even know each other IRL and you never will.

Just let it go, don't respond to each other's posts, and move on.

ETA: I realize that my signature may make this post sound a bit hypocritical, but... c'mon, already.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
That''s what I''m saying...

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 12:02:31 PM
Inappropriate????????!!!!!!!!!!!????????????? What about all this??????????? I can't BELIEVE you think what she has said to me is acceptable.
40.gif

False information:

Most of what Freke said was not a direct insult, it may have offended you, but it wasnt an insult. Calling someone immature and that they have a stick up their butt is a direct insult.

The "take this and..." is inappropriate, yes. You're right. I'll give you that one, absolutely.

The reasonable person part was not calling you unreasonable, she was asking basically for an established PSer (That wasnt you, to prover her point)to vouch for the fact that she's not a rude poster. That was not an insulting line.

And DG, you do start drama. You do. I'm sorry you don't see that. A few months ago when you really blew up, it bugged me. You came back recently, and I gave you the benefit of the doubt, and it happened again. This is ME speaking. I'm not ganging up on you with anyone else. This is MY view of someone who I really enjoyed on PS for a long while. I hold these views MYSELF... regardless of Freke, or anyone else. MY view has changed of you recently, and I'm sorry to say it has.

Everyone else can speak for themselves, but I thought it was only fair for you to hear what I personally have to say.

ETA: Sorry for the interruption on small talk. It just needed to come out.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock

Interesting!
I''m not an LIW either...

Welcome!
35.gif

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 12:08:09 PM
That's what I'm saying...

Then just DO it. At this point, you don't have to post about it.

Bia

Ideal_Rock

Interesting!
Yea, I haven''t been a LIW for quite some time. It''s my cozy nook...can''t seem to leave.

Although, today, seas are a little choppy
40.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Ok then elle. And I don''t feel I''m the one who starts the drama. Drama follows me, yes. She knows how to get under my skin so she loves to do it to me. So SORRY. What would you like for me to do then? Because as I said other than back in March everything was fine until one thing goes down (and I said I was sorry a million times) and its held against me on this forum for apparently the rest of my life and it continues to grow from that....You said it yourself. What happened back then bugged you. And it still bugs you. So yes, you now have this image of me in your head that I''m the one starting all this and its now always my fault.

I am annoyed by it too you know...

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 9:43:16 AM
So Frekey-Freke...I got my SIMS3 yesterday. Haven''t installed it because I was too busy watching Real Housewives of NJ drama last night (oh how I hate that I loovvvve that show!). I will install it today, but because I''ve never played anything SIMS related, it might take a few days to get acquainted. Now that I have more time on my hands (school is winding down) I''ll have more time for fun stuff.

In other words...I''ll keep you posted.
Coolies Bia! Well if you need help, your WoW buddies know how to get a hold of me.
1.gif

(Maybe I should ask for a faster computer for graduation? That would be SA-WEET!!!!!!)

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 12:10:28 PM
Author: CurlySue

Date: 6/24/2009 12:08:09 PM
That''s what I''m saying...

Then just DO it. At this point, you don''t have to post about it.
Sounds like a good idea to me!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 12:11:49 PM
Yea, I haven''t been a LIW for quite some time.
Speaking of that, when are we gonna get to see more pictures of your sparkly?
31.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 12:14:06 PM

Date: 6/24/2009 9:43:16 AM
So Frekey-Freke...I got my SIMS3 yesterday. Haven''t installed it because I was too busy watching Real Housewives of NJ drama last night (oh how I hate that I loovvvve that show!). I will install it today, but because I''ve never played anything SIMS related, it might take a few days to get acquainted. Now that I have more time on my hands (school is winding down) I''ll have more time for fun stuff.

In other words...I''ll keep you posted.
Coolies Bia! Well if you need help, your WoW buddies know how to get a hold of me.
1.gif

(Maybe I should ask for a faster computer for graduation? That would be SA-WEET!!!!!!)
Is there something wrong with us that we''re all using graduation as a time to prepare for Sims 3?
3.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
So, uh...subject change?

Anyone here use a pedometer? I''m thinking of picking one up, but I don''t know if there''s a must-have feature that comes with the more expensive ones, or if they''re all basically the same. Thoughts?

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Well, thanks for the welcomes, ladies!

Here''s my small talk:

I forgot to eat breakfast this morning, and now I''m hungry enough to eat my own arm! Yikes.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results