shape
carat
color
clarity

The June LIW Small Talk Thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Nah, he''ll be at his house. We don''t live together (love him, but I love my space right now, too), but I have a feeling he''ll be staying here every now and then. And I''ll be staying there.

Oh boy. I think I''ll need to have the boundaries talk with my parents asap. Otherwise....yikes.

lilmissrugger

Shiny_Rock
Squirrly- Hahahaha, ''goaps'' can be downright terrifying!!!

And Princess- I didn''t realize it''d be a 5 week thing! Yikes!! 5 weeks is FOREVER in ''family time''. I hope it goes well, and they do respect your boundaries...that can be a sticky situation- good luck!

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
ooh that''s a fun one. hope your parents are better than mine! M''s stayed over once and we accidentally fell asleep cuddling in the living room (i was sick with the flu) i got hell the next morning. he''s spent the night 3 times total and that was all over that same visit. i choose to get in trouble for not staying at home when he visits rather than get my head chewed off for cuddling the guy i see for less than a month out of the year.
14.gif

good luck!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
My parents are pretty good with boundaries, but we''re all also pretty good at setting them. I feel like we''re just going to have to sit down at the table and say, "What are you comfortable with? This is how things normally go, this is the background, and this is my ideal situation." It''s complicated, because I''m living in their house, but paying rent and taking care of it for the 11 months they''re out of the country. So we''re structuring this like a landlord/tenant situation, but I also want to be respectful and be a good role model for my younger siblings. BF doesn''t sleep here that often (once every other week?), but he does stay here when I have heart problems or when he''s on the verge of murdering his roommate. My parents have already acknowledged that I might stay at his place when they''re driving me nuts, but I don''t know how to navigate the house situation. I think it should help that because of my cats, I sleep with my door wide open, so there''s no chance that they''ll accidentally see something or feel like something is happening behind closed doors. BUT because I am paying rent and an adult, I don''t want to kick my BF to the couch! If it was a trip and they were paying, he sleeps where they want him to. No big deal. But this is different.

So yeah. That''s a long winded way of saying we''re going to have to have a Talk.

elation

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/23/2009 6:45:12 PM
Author: Squirrly
hooray the fruits of my labor. well at least my time wasting.

my red red wiiiiine bedroom, wine and bubbles bathroom, liquored living room and margaritaville kitchen: (they didn''t turn out half as bad as i thought they would)

THOSE are the fruits of your labor?
Wow I''m so super impressed. Take a bow, Squirrly, they look like they came straight from a decor magazine.
*APPLAUSE*

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2009 7:50:25 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
Date: 6/23/2009 7:47:16 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Differences? Do you honestly think I''m the only person who feels this way?

And aggressive? Yes. 11,200+ posts and ALL of them are aggressive. Give me a break. Not even 5% of those would be aggressive. I bet not even 1%.

Your perception is messed up. I would like someone else, besides DG, that has reasonable experience here on PS to tell me I''m aggressive. Thanks.
Freke please, I''m trying to work this out here. Your responses TO ME are AGRESSIVE. Look above...

Don''t insult me. And your saying I''m unreasonable? I would like to get past our differences. I''m honestly trying to work things out between us here and you are just making it worse. I''m asking you, how shall YOU AND I without anyone else being invloved get past whatever it is that is between us?
I did not insult you. Your perception is another story.

For further clarification I''ll ask you to read this page of that thread. And the end of page 42 and the top of page 43 of this page.

I am unreasonable with people who have shown no leanings towards logical reasoning over a prolonged period of time. I have been exceptionally patient in your case and have taken more time than I should have trying to talk some sense into you. I am NOT the only one. By FAR. And you KNOW that. Your friend Bia is asking you the exact same thing I have. So is Princesss. So have many other people I have read the posts of. Gypsy comes to mind.

And no you''re not trying to work out any differences. You''re trying to make me look like the bad guy. Well, I wish you luck. And you should know that THERE ISN''T ANYTHING BETWEEN US.

There are MANY people on PS that I care about. Some I consider close friends. Many I consider friends. Many that have made some kind of difference in my life.

And you? You don''t listen to reason. You start drama. You spread it all over the forum. You create friction across the boards. You''ve insulted people. Actually you''ve intentionally insulted people, and when called on it, didn''t apologize. (Remember a certain engagement party thread where you spouted off about how their family traditions were a waste of money? Yeah.) And then, when you feel defensive, you spout off about how you''re friends with everyone, nice to everyone, and a "staple of the PS community". Right.

Those are facts. Not insults.

Tell me. Why should I be reasonable with you? Why should I call a truce with you? Tell me, what is the point?

My question to myself--why do I even bother?

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
...morning everyone?

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Morning!

Whatcha up to today, elle?

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 8:58:34 AM
Author: princesss
Morning!

Today... I completed my undergraduate education. THANK F''ING GOODNESS!!!!!!! I am a college grad today!

Plus crappy work. Oh.. and I have my cardio kick boxing class and it''s supposed to be 94 today with a heat index of 102. Great. Awesome. Fantastic.

You? How''s the painting coming along??

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I took a break from painting yesterday. Today I''m touching up the ceiling and the moulding, and then I''ll be done (with that room...)! My bedroom is up next. Bright teal, here I come!

Congrats on being a college graduate. That''s awesome!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 9:15:55 AM
I took a break from painting yesterday. Today I''m touching up the ceiling and the moulding, and then I''ll be done (with that room...)! My bedroom is up next. Bright teal, here I come!

Thanks!

Ohhhhh FUN! Bright teal! I used to be a very colorless person when it came to painting. I''ve more recently been experimenting with color and I LOVE it! Bright teal is so fun! How much more do you have after bedroom?

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 9:06:09 AM
Author: elledizzy5
Today... I completed my undergraduate education. THANK F''ING GOODNESS!!!!!!! I am a college grad today!

Plus crappy work. Oh.. and I have my cardio kick boxing class and it''s supposed to be 94 today with a heat index of 102. Great. Awesome. Fantastic.

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

(((HUGS))) Proud of you Elle! You deserve it!
9.gif

Morning everyone
1.gif

elation

Rough_Rock
AAARRGHHHH

I have been denied admission to one of the studio courses I wanted to take this fall!!
I am so heartbroken and just want to shoot an email back to the department chair telling him so. This course (and the one following it in the winter) is one I''ve planned on taking since second year! What is this!!!

...... sorry for the vent/hijack. Big congratulations, elle! I hope next year I will be saying the same thing.
and teal is an awesome colour I love brights my room is this tropical mango colour

Bia

Ideal_Rock

Wow, gonna take picture for us to see???
31.gif

I want my bedroom painted too, I just don''t want to start such a big project. I justify putting it off by saying I want to get new furniture first...which isn''t going to happen anytime soon
20.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 9:31:42 AM
Author: Bia

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

(((HUGS))) Proud of you Elle! You deserve it!
9.gif

Morning everyone
1.gif
Awww... thanks B!
9.gif

It''s nice to see you around more lately!

Good morning!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 9:32:16 AM
Author: elation
AAARRGHHHH

I have been denied admission to one of the studio courses I wanted to take this fall!!
I am so heartbroken and just want to shoot an email back to the department chair telling him so. This course (and the one following it in the winter) is one I''ve planned on taking since second year! What is this!!!

...... sorry for the vent/hijack. Big congratulations, elle! I hope next year I will be saying the same thing.
and teal is an awesome colour I love brights my room is this tropical mango colour
Ugh, I''m sorry! That sucks so bad!
7.gif
Never apologize for vents, and you can''t hijack... it''s a small talk thread!
3.gif

Thanks for the congrats. Next year will be here before you know it.
2.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 9:32:16 AM
Author: elation
AAARRGHHHH

Sorry elation
7.gif

Maybe you can talk to someone...explaining how important the class is to you. In college I was closed out of a few classes and was able to pull some strings. Worth a shot.

purselover

Ideal_Rock

Morning!

Congratulations that''s really exciting! Are you doing anything special to celebrate?

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 9:40:35 AM
Author: purselover

Morning!

Congratulations that''s really exciting! Are you doing anything special to celebrate?
Nah.
3.gif
FI and I are both busy tonight. Maybe we''ll grab a nice dinner tomorrow or this weekend.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
So Frekey-Freke...I got my SIMS3 yesterday. Haven't installed it because I was too busy watching Real Housewives of NJ drama last night (oh how I hate that I loovvvve that show!). I will install it today, but because I've never played anything SIMS related, it might take a few days to get acquainted. Now that I have more time on my hands (school is winding down) I'll have more time for fun stuff.

In other words...I'll keep you posted.

Elle
will too once she picks up her copy this weekend
28.gif
3.gif
9.gif
10.gif
11.gif
31.gif
27.gif
35.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 9:43:16 AM
So Frekey-Freke...I got my SIMS3 yesterday. Haven''t installed it because I was too busy watching Real Housewives of NJ drama last night (oh how I hate that I loovvvve that show!). I will install it today, but because I''ve never played anything SIMS related, it might take a few days to get acquainted. Now that I have more time on my hands (school is winding down) I''ll have more time for fun stuff.

In other words...I''ll keep you posted.

Elle
28.gif
3.gif
9.gif
10.gif
11.gif
31.gif
27.gif
35.gif
How do we even interact with one another? Is that possible? I know nothing about Sims 3.

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Good morning, all.

Elle - Congratulations!! Completing your undgergrad is such a huge accomplishment!!!

Elation - Sorry to hear the bad news... how can they deny you admission? I don''t get it.

Princesss - Your situation with the house is definitely unique, but you sound like your are approaching it wisely. And - wow - good luck with your continued painting. You are a machine!

I am exhausted this morning. Just absolutely exhausted. It is ridiculously hot here, and it''s just wiping me out. I am a HUGE coffee drinker, and I just couldn''t even finish it today. Just too friggin'' hot (and for some reason, I just don''t like iced coffee, so...).

BF and I made great progress on our own painting last night. Our kitchen is now Applesauce - a nice sunny yellow color. I love, love, love it. Can''t wait for it to be done though.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 9:33:42 AM

Wow, gonna take picture for us to see???
31.gif

I want my bedroom painted too, I just don''t want to start such a big project. I justify putting it off by saying I want to get new furniture first...which isn''t going to happen anytime soon
20.gif
Sure I''ll take pictures. I figure I''ll paint the bedroom in the next few weeks, and then get some new furniture. It''s a big project, though, so I''m a little nervous. But it''ll be such fun!

Elation, I''m sorry you didn''t get that class. Definitely try to go meet with the prof/head of the department and see what can be done.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 9:48:19 AM

So Frekey-Freke...I got my SIMS3 yesterday. Haven''t installed it because I was too busy watching Real Housewives of NJ drama last night (oh how I hate that I loovvvve that show!). I will install it today, but because I''ve never played anything SIMS related, it might take a few days to get acquainted. Now that I have more time on my hands (school is winding down) I''ll have more time for fun stuff.

Elle
28.gif
3.gif
9.gif
10.gif
11.gif
31.gif
27.gif
35.gif
How do we even interact with one another? Is that possible? I know nothing about Sims 3.
Don''t ask me, I haven''t even opened it yet LOL

I think there is some kind of registration online, and you can have a little community...but I''m not sure. Fiery! You''re a SIMS girl, right ma? How do you play???

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 9:58:51 AM

Date: 6/24/2009 9:48:19 AM

Elle
28.gif
3.gif
9.gif
10.gif
11.gif
31.gif
27.gif
35.gif
Don''t ask me, I haven''t even opened it yet LOL

I think there is some kind of registration online, and you can have a little community...but I''m not sure. Fiery! You''re a SIMS girl, right ma? How do you play???
Thread killer!
11.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Morning, ladies!

Congrats, elle! And sorry about getting blocked out of that class, elation -- I''d chat with the dean and see what you can do.

Looks like everyone''s painting! We have the guest bedroom taped off, but it''s been in that state for about two months now. It''s eventually going to be a lovely apple green.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 10:42:31 AM
Author: misskitty
Morning, ladies!

Congrats, elle! And sorry about getting blocked out of that class, elation -- I''d chat with the dean and see what you can do.

Looks like everyone''s painting! We have the guest bedroom taped off, but it''s been in that state for about two months now. It''s eventually going to be a lovely apple green.
Morning, MK!
35.gif

Thanks!
9.gif

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats, Elle!!

I want to hear what you guys think of Sims3...I have played some of them and enjoyed them, but this one seems so complex!

elation

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone.

Ok Bia - you''ve convinced me that I will not accept this as the end (yet)! *rolls up sleeves*

Oh and Curlysue >> they denied me admission because it''s an arts studio course, supposed to be restricted to students majoring/minoring in that program alone. I''m in engineering so I''m guessing they just wrote me off as profession unstable? I am considering an art minor, but as I haven''t declared it, they don''t want to admit me. However, last year when I spoke to them, they told me it should be fine.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 11:13:35 AM
Author: Miscka
Congrats, Elle!!

I want to hear what you guys think of Sims3...I have played some of them and enjoyed them, but this one seems so complex!
Thanks, Miscka!

I want to play, but I"m trying super duper hard to save money right now for the wedding. It may have to wait.
7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results