shape
carat
color
clarity

The June LIW Small Talk Thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Good Morning Ladies....please no fighting, i like it when its peaceful here....

(((((((((((hugs to all))))))))))

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 12:16:26 PM
Author: TheBigT
Well, thanks for the welcomes, ladies!

Here''s my small talk:

I forgot to eat breakfast this morning, and now I''m hungry enough to eat my own arm! Yikes.
Uh oh! What time zone are you in? Is it about lunch time for you or is it still morning?

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 12:16:53 PM
Author: Jessie702

I couldn''t agree more

***hugs*** to you too!
2.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 12:13:58 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
Ok then elle. And I don''t feel I''m the one who starts the drama. Drama follows me, yes. She knows how to get under my skin so she loves to do it to me. So SORRY. What would you like for me to do then? Because as I said other than back in March everything was fine until one thing goes down (and I said I was sorry a million times) and its held against me on this forum for apparently the rest of my life and it continues to grow from that....You said it yourself. What happened back then bugged you. And it still bugs you. So yes, you now have this image of me in your head that I''m the one starting all this and its now always my fault.

I am annoyed by it too you know...
Dream, start fresh and let it go.

You''ll only have drama following you if you let it. Also, as I said before, you have a lot of different personalities here, so it''s probably wise to know that not everyone has to like you, just as you don''t have to like everyone. Be respectful...and keep it moving.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
well where i am its 9 am....yay, i like hugs....okay, that sounds dorky!....lol
41.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 12:16:53 PM
Author: Jessie702

Morning!

Not trying to fight.. its just hard when stuff occurs on PS and you want to talk it out... and the only way you can do it is on a thread.

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 12:15:45 PM
Author: misskitty
So, uh...subject change?

Anyone here use a pedometer? I''m thinking of picking one up, but I don''t know if there''s a must-have feature that comes with the more expensive ones, or if they''re all basically the same. Thoughts?
I don''t have a pedometer, but through work, I have an activity monitor, which I personally think is better. It measures activity in minutes and "points." Depending on the intensity of your activity, you will get a varying number of points per minute. So for example, I will get more points for running for 30 minutes than I will for walking for 30 minutes. I believe (though I am not religious about using it, so I am no expert), a certain number of points correlates to a certain number of calories burned. The best thing about it is that it is calibrated to my height/weight/etc. It''s definitely more expensive, but I think it gives an accurate guage of how I can balance my diet with exercise.

Here''s a random example I pulled from an online search:
http://exercise.about.com/od/fitnesstoolscalculators/fr/biotrainer.htm

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock

Here''s my small talk:

I forgot to eat breakfast this morning, and now I''m hungry enough to eat my own arm! Yikes.
Ha - I say that all the time. And I seem to feel like that all the time.

BTW - I lurk on BWW and saw your wedding photos. Gorgeous!!!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 12:21:53 PM
Author: CurlySue

Here's my small talk:

I forgot to eat breakfast this morning, and now I'm hungry enough to eat my own arm! Yikes.

I store a box of high fiber oatmeal in my desk. Keeps me full all morning!

ETA: DON'T start eating lots of high fiber things all at once. Gradually introduce it. I've never been so gassy and bloated in my life. It was like practice for pregnancy, I swear!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 12:15:41 PM

Date: 6/24/2009 12:11:49 PM
Author: Bia
Yea, I haven''t been a LIW for quite some time.
Speaking of that, when are we gonna get to see more pictures of your sparkly?
31.gif
I''ve decided to wait until I get my reset. I took quite a few of my current temp setting, so I''ll dazzle you all with pics when I finally do the custom bit.

I just have to decide what that is...
hmmm.gif

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Nope, I'll go for lunch in about 40 min. The only question is what to eat?!
(Because, of course, I forgot to eat breakfast because I was running late, so I didn't have time to make lunch, either).

Also, congratulation to those of you graduating!!! What a great accomplishment!

ETA - Thanks, CurlySue!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
BigT- I just saw your thread in BWW. Congrats on the wedding!!!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 12:22:36 PM

31.gif
I''ve decided to wait until I get my reset. I took quite a few of my current temp setting, so I''ll dazzle you all with pics when I finally do the custom bit.

hmmm.gif
As I recall, we have not see your boobie-licious wedding dress either!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 12:22:41 PM
Nope, I''ll go for lunch in about 40 min. The only question is what to eat?!
(Because, of course, I forgot to eat breakfast because I was running late, so I didn''t have time to make lunch, either).

Also, congratulation to those of you graduating!!! What a great accomplishment!

ETA - Thanks, CurlySue!
You''re in the city so you have endless options Big. I''m in the BX and have...well, not a lot.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock

31.gif

hmmm.gif
I must have forgotten or never known it was a temp setting. You better get-to-crackin on what your custom look will be. Do you have any ideas floating around in your head or just completely unsure what you want to do with it?

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 12:23:05 PM
Author: elledizzy5

31.gif

hmmm.gif
You just LOVE to call me out don''t you lady...
25.gif

I think I might not use that dress--so I''m not sure if I want to spend money getting it altered. My mother doesn''t think its ''formal'' enough. I think it is(?), but I think she wanted something more ''bridey.''

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 12:26:38 PM

Date: 6/24/2009 12:23:05 PM

31.gif

hmmm.gif
You just LOVE to call me out don''t you lady...
25.gif

I think I might not use that dress--so I''m not sure if I want to spend money getting it altered. My mother doesn''t think its ''formal'' enough. I think it is(?), but I think she wanted something more ''bridey.''
Gotcha.
3.gif

I''m sure mom wants to see you in something gorgeous and more bride looking. Moms are like that.
2.gif

What are you going to do with the dress now? Play naughty bride and virgin groom with your FI?
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 12:22:35 PM

Date: 6/24/2009 12:21:53 PM
Author: CurlySue

Here''s my small talk:

I store a box of high fiber oatmeal in my desk. Keeps me full all morning!

ETA: DON''T start eating lots of high fiber things all at once. Gradually introduce it. I''ve never been so gassy and bloated in my life. It was like practice for pregnancy, I swear!
Ha! Thanks for both tips.
28.gif

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
OK, so ladies I could use some fashion advice.

I bought a dress for my bridal shower this weekend. This has been stressing me out to no end. The dress I bought is strapless, ivory with gorgeous cotton lace and embroidery. Sigh, I love it so. It is so completely "me".

The problem is, its short. Like, way short. My shower is tapas and sangria, not a ton of people at all, pretty fun and laid back. I held it up to other dresses I have and consider short, and its a similar length. I can bend over and not flash, but barely. I hate being tall sometimes!

I thought about wearing a skirt under it and wear it as a top but it looks stupid. And then I thought about adding ribbon or something to the bottom to make it longer. But that takes away from all the gorgeous details. I thought about leggings, but felt bleah about that too.

I am thinking about just rocking it out as-is, with flat sandals and some pearls. Its going to be 98 that day! My friends and I are going out after, since I never had a bachelorette party and their town is way more fun than mine.

Thoughts? Should I rock it? Scrap it? Will people be confused as to why the bride is wearing a shirt as a dress? LOL.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 12:29:44 PM
Author: Miscka

I bought a dress for my bridal shower this weekend. This has been stressing me out to no end. The dress I bought is strapless, ivory with gorgeous cotton lace and embroidery. Sigh, I love it so. It is so completely ''me''.

The problem is, its short. Like, way short. My shower is tapas and sangria, not a ton of people at all, pretty fun and laid back. I held it up to other dresses I have and consider short, and its a similar length. I can bend over and not flash, but barely. I hate being tall sometimes!

I thought about wearing a skirt under it and wear it as a top but it looks stupid. And then I thought about adding ribbon or something to the bottom to make it longer. But that takes away from all the gorgeous details. I thought about leggings, but felt bleah about that too.

I am thinking about just rocking it out as-is, with flat sandals and some pearls. Its going to be 98 that day! My friends and I are going out after, since I never had a bachelorette party and their town is way more fun than mine.

Thoughts? Should I rock it? Scrap it? Will people be confused as to why the bride is wearing a shirt as a dress? LOL.
Can we see pics??

The trouble with being tall is that everything is short, plus your legs are super long, so everything looks slutty. I HATE it.

I think you should probably rock it, but pics would help!

elation

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 12:14:06 PM
Author: FrekeChild

(Maybe I should ask for a faster computer for graduation? That would be SA-WEET!!!!!!)

Ohhh I''m dying for one of those juicy new Macbook Pro''s.................................
And I graduate next year but I want one noooooow....

By the way, update on my little situation:
I pestered a bit and explained my situation, so the undergraduate officer told me to check back in during open enrollment (in July) and she''ll do what she can provided there''s still space.
*improvement!*

BigT >> I forgot breakfast too.. ended up drinking a lot of coffee this morning.
7.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 12:24:52 PM
I must have forgotten or never known it was a temp setting. You better get-to-crackin on what your custom look will be. Do you have any ideas floating around in your head or just completely unsure what you want to do with it?
Yea, it''s a temp setting. Remember he wasn''t really giving up any info about the ring? So, after consideration, he decided to put it in a standard platinum setting so that we could design the new one together.

I keep changing. Sometimes I just want a simple Leon (platinum 4 prong masterpiece) but other times I like the idea of having something extra. So I don''t know what to do! Incase you haven''t gathered this about me, I am very indecisive.

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Mmm, cereal...that sounds good right now!

Moms definitely have their ideas of what weddings should be... I tried to do what I liked and still make mom happy.

Bia, do you know where you''re having your custom reset done? Can you just post photos of your dress for us to see?

Thanks, DG!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 12:15:42 PM
Date: 6/24/2009 12:14:06 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Date: 6/24/2009 9:43:16 AM
So Frekey-Freke...I got my SIMS3 yesterday. Haven''t installed it because I was too busy watching Real Housewives of NJ drama last night (oh how I hate that I loovvvve that show!). I will install it today, but because I''ve never played anything SIMS related, it might take a few days to get acquainted. Now that I have more time on my hands (school is winding down) I''ll have more time for fun stuff.

In other words...I''ll keep you posted.
Coolies Bia! Well if you need help, your WoW buddies know how to get a hold of me.
1.gif

(Maybe I should ask for a faster computer for graduation? That would be SA-WEET!!!!!!)
Is there something wrong with us that we''re all using graduation as a time to prepare for Sims 3?
3.gif
NO WAY!!!!!!!!

(Wanna know a secret? I asked for a super awesome computer (at the time) for my High School graduation JUST so I could play The Sims (1) like crazy...Ahhh...those were the days...)

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 12:29:44 PM
Author: Miscka

I bought a dress for my bridal shower this weekend. This has been stressing me out to no end. The dress I bought is strapless, ivory with gorgeous cotton lace and embroidery. Sigh, I love it so. It is so completely ''me''.

You say it''s completely "you"... so I say rock it. UNLESS you feel you are going to be self-conscious about it the whole time.

But honestly? It''s summer - as you said, it''s going to be super hot. What you are pairing it with sounds like it will keep it looking really tasteful and appropriate. You''ll be going out afterwards. I think it sounds perfect.

Ali

Shiny_Rock
Thread closed until further notice.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results