shape
carat
color
clarity

The June LIW Small Talk Thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2009 2:56:35 PM
Author: Bia

Date: 6/22/2009 2:50:45 PM
Author: elledizzy5

I''m glad stuff is calming down for you. That time off will be super nice! I''ve missed you! I feel lost in PS without you!
39.gif
2.gif
3.gif

Wedding stuff is going OK. We''re trying to think of a honeymoon that would be fun for fall. We''re thinking a New England B&B crawl type thing... so I''m doing a bit of research into what can keep us occupied, and where we should stay.

Now that we have the big wedding stuff out of the way, we''re working on the details. Its keeping us/me busy. Sometimes I feel stressed about having the wedding so quickly (I''m still worried about the dress I bought) but I think it''s fun planning under pressure for the most part.
I''ve missed you too mama! Especially since you''ve gotten engaged. I was so looking forward to it and then I got so busy...but you were in my thoughts (I''m really so happy for you guys
5.gif
) and now, I''m back!
28.gif

If you need help with planning a NE B&B honeymoon (which will be GORGEOUS in October), I got you covered doll. I know all the great places to visit, so just let me know what you have in mind, and I''m your girl.

Can''t wait to see that dress of yours!
Thanks for thinking of me.
9.gif
I''m glad you''re back.

I need ALL THE HELP I CAN GET with the honeymoon idea. FI wants Maine... so i figure we can drive through Canada, then through Vermont..stay a couple of days, and then head to maine for a few days and then back. Other than that, I''m at a loss. We like hiking/nature, but also like to relax, maybe get a massage, do some shopping and fine dining.

bonus points for B&Bs with 2 person jacuzzi tubs in the room.
3.gif

I have a fitting for the dress next week so I can probably take pictures then!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2009 3:03:36 PM

I''m glad stuff is calming down for you. That time off will be super nice! I''ve missed you! I feel lost in PS without you!
39.gif
2.gif
3.gif

Wedding stuff is going OK. We''re trying to think of a honeymoon that would be fun for fall. We''re thinking a New England B&B crawl type thing... so I''m doing a bit of research into what can keep us occupied, and where we should stay.

Now that we have the big wedding stuff out of the way, we''re working on the details. Its keeping us/me busy. Sometimes I feel stressed about having the wedding so quickly (I''m still worried about the dress I bought) but I think it''s fun planning under pressure for the most part.
I''ve missed you too mama! Especially since you''ve gotten engaged. I was so looking forward to it and then I got so busy...but you were in my thoughts (I''m really so happy for you guys
5.gif
) and now, I''m back!
28.gif

If you need help with planning a NE B&B honeymoon (which will be GORGEOUS in October), I got you covered doll. I know all the great places to visit, so just let me know what you have in mind, and I''m your girl.

9.gif
I''m glad you''re back.

I need ALL THE HELP I CAN GET with the honeymoon idea. FI wants Maine... so i figure we can drive through Canada, then through Vermont..stay a couple of days, and then head to maine for a few days and then back. Other than that, I''m at a loss. We like hiking/nature, but also like to relax, maybe get a massage, do some shopping and fine dining.

3.gif

Haaaay!
31.gif
That''s what we''re looking for in Victoria.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2009 3:03:25 PM
Author: sunnyd
That sounds nice!

I''m having the same issue. They fit everywhere, but I can pull the waist out about 3 inches! I think I got a lil excited about finding nice jeans that weren''t too long. Because apparently if you''re a size 30 you have 5 foot long legs.
20.gif
And I hate belts. Arg.

ETA: Doy, congrats on losing weight too!
36.gif

I''m a size 30, and I DO have 5 foot long legs. I''ll take your extra fabric.
3.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2009 3:05:49 PM

Date: 6/22/2009 3:03:25 PM
That sounds nice!

I''m having the same issue. They fit everywhere, but I can pull the waist out about 3 inches! I think I got a lil excited about finding nice jeans that weren''t too long. Because apparently if you''re a size 30 you have 5 foot long legs.
20.gif
And I hate belts. Arg.

ETA: Doy, congrats on losing weight too!
36.gif

I''m a size 30, and I DO have 5 foot long legs. I''ll take your extra fabric.
3.gif
Sounds good to me! I can spare about 4 inches on one pair I have. Stupid stumpy legs.
38.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2009 3:03:36 PM

39.gif
2.gif
3.gif

5.gif
) and now, I''m back!
28.gif

9.gif
I''m glad you''re back.

3.gif

Okay. You''re getting married the second week in Oct, right? So you''ll be in Maine right around (maybe slightly before/after--depends on the year) peak season. In Boston, it usually peaks around the end of October, and Central Maine is typically two weeks before that. However, while in Canada, you''ll be there during peak because it''s colder, and therefore peaks earlier. Either way, it will be glorious weather and you''ll totally get that fall vibe.

I would recommend going to the Coast of Maine. There are tons of awesome B&Bs, you might still have time to do a whale watch or a sail (might be too cold for this). You can do the lobster/clam thing if you guys really like seafood. If you''re into doing a Halloween thing, you might consider driving to Salem, Massachusetts, they have tons of fun stuff to do in Oct and you can stop off in Portland, which is Maine''s biggest city. Depending on where in Maine, it''s about 1-6 hour drive to Massachusetts. Mass has a lot of great things to offer too - not just saying that b/c I''m from there...lol, but if you guys have the time, I would definitely recommend a trip into Boston too.

Bar Harbor, ME is awesome, and near Acadia National Park (great for sightseeing and hiking) but far up the coast. Although, if you''re coming from Canada, you''d be going southeast. Rockport/Camden areas of Maine are really nice...great hotels, restaurants, spas, and lots of galleries. Really your options are endless. First figure out exactly what you want to do, then you can narrow it down. Also would help to know how much time you''re working with.

Maine_Foliage
Bar_Harbor_&_Acadia_National_Park
Bar_Harbor_-_Where_to_stay
Camden_Rockport_Lincolnville
http://www.bedandbreakfast.com/bar-harbor-maine.html

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2009 3:34:34 PM
Okay. You''re getting married the second week in Oct, right? So you''ll be in Maine right around (maybe slightly before/after--depends on the year) peak season. In Boston, it usually peaks around the end of October, and Central Maine is typically two weeks before that. However, while in Canada, you''ll be there during peak because it''s colder, and therefore peaks earlier. Either way, it will be glorious weather and you''ll totally get that fall vibe.

I would recommend going to the Coast of Maine. There are tons of awesome B&Bs, you might still have time to do a whale watch or a sail (might be too cold for this). You can do the lobster/clam thing if you guys really like seafood. If you''re into doing a Halloween thing, you might consider driving to Salem, Massachusetts, they have tons of fun stuff to do in Oct and you can stop off in Portland, which is Maine''s biggest city. Depending on where in Maine, it''s about 1-6 hour drive to Massachusetts. Mass has a lot of great things to offer too - not just saying that b/c I''m from there...lol, but if you guys have the time, I would definitely recommend a trip into Boston too.

Bar Harbor, ME is awesome, and near Acadia National Park (great for sightseeing and hiking) but far up the coast. Although, if you''re coming from Canada, you''d be going southeast. Rockport/Camden areas of Maine are really nice...great hotels, restaurants, spas, and lots of galleries. Really your options are endless. First figure out exactly what you want to do, then you can narrow it down. Also would help to know how much time you''re working with.

Maine_Foliage
Bar_Harbor_&_Acadia_National_Park
Bar_Harbor_-_Where_to_stay
Camden_Rockport_Lincolnville
http://www.bedandbreakfast.com/bar-harbor-maine.html
Awesome! Thanks so much B! This is a *huge* help.

Its a 16 hour drive from Ann Arbor to Acadia National Park!
6.gif

It''ll be fun.
9.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2009 2:36:35 PM
I do like bangs on a lot of people. I had some side-swept bangs for a while, and I''m growing them out right now. I''m not sure how I want my hair to be for the wedding, so I''m just growing everything out and leaving my options open. I may go crazy and cut some serious bangage after the hitchin'' !

DGer (Deeger!) I think you''d like good with bangs, as long as they aren''t too heavy!
lol Thanks elle!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
That honeymoon does sound like a lot of fun elle! Road trip!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
45 minutes.

Then talking to the kind-of friend and returning a book. Not sure if what happened will be addressed or not. I want to keep things positive, if only because I *hate* leaving things on a bad note. I can''t rely on her, but that doesn''t maker her a bad person, you know? Just irresponsible (which is a trait I cannot deal with in general).

Then BF comes over and we paint.
14.gif
Blue, hot, paint-fumey room of death.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Also, Elle, I would cheerfully kill BF if I had to drive for 16 hours with him. I love him, but the boy gets cranky in traffic. And then we get snippy, and nothing is good.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2009 4:20:00 PM
Author: princesss
Also, Elle, I would cheerfully kill BF if I had to drive for 16 hours with him. I love him, but the boy gets cranky in traffic. And then we get snippy, and nothing is good.
Haha... yeah... FI can be the same way.

We like driving long distances together. I think we''ll enjoy it!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I need a hug.
7.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2009 4:22:53 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
I need a hug.
7.gif
Whats wrong, DGer?

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2009 4:23:41 PM

I need a hug.
7.gif
Whats wrong, DGer?
Aww man I feel like people are ganging up on me again and it''s making me feel down. This keeps happening to me anymore on PS. Makes me feel un-appreciated around here....
39.gif
It just bothers me I guess. Crazy I know
20.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2009 4:25:30 PM

I need a hug.
7.gif
Whats wrong, DGer?
Aww man I feel like people are ganging up on me again and it''s making me feel down. This keeps happening to me anymore on PS. Makes me feel un-appreciated around here....
39.gif
20.gif
What thread?

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
The one I created last week about a pretty braclet I want to buy. lol
20.gif
It just seems like since March-ish, I don''t know. The whole attitude toward me has shifted. Or at least I get that impression.
14.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
BF and I like the result of traveling together. But (as nervous as it makes me) flying is the best option. Then all we have to worry about is our timing and flights being delayed. But it''s out of our control, and we don''t have to worry about that jerk trying to cut us off, or that idiot zooming past us (and passing on the right, who passes on the right??!?!?!) etc, etc, etc.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2009 4:28:40 PM
The one I created last week about a pretty braclet I want to buy. lol
20.gif
It just seems like since March-ish, I don''t know. The whole attitude toward me has shifted. Or at least I get that impression.
14.gif
Eh... I just think since this is PS, and people know their shiz about jewelry and diamonds, Tiffany''s is not a logical choice.

They have nice stuff, but they charge more for the name. End of story. You may have some reason for wanting the Tiffany name, and that''s fine.

Personally, I''d talk someone out of Tiffany too. You can get more elsewhere for less. You know that.

You want to pay the premium, so go for it. You want your bracelet? Get it. Post pics, and I''m sure we''ll all still think its gorgeous!

I can''t speak for anyone else, so I don''t know about the attitude shift.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks elle...

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2009 4:31:05 PM
BF and I like the result of traveling together. But (as nervous as it makes me) flying is the best option. Then all we have to worry about is our timing and flights being delayed. But it''s out of our control, and we don''t have to worry about that jerk trying to cut us off, or that idiot zooming past us (and passing on the right, who passes on the right??!?!?!) etc, etc, etc.
Haha... flying is evil.
11.gif
TERRIFIED of flying!!

I think our nice drive through Canada should be pretty... traffic-less. I hope?

But yeah, driving does seriously cause stress when there is traffic and a-holes. We always seem to find the a-holes.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2009 4:39:27 PM
Thanks elle...

Whenever you feel upset about PS opinions, read the tanka in my siggy!

Let all the people
of the world
say what they please
I alone know what I do

At the end of the day, you have to be happy with you and your decisions. Not the PSers.
2.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2009 4:39:38 PM

Haha... flying is evil.
11.gif
TERRIFIED of flying!!

But yeah, driving does seriously cause stress when there is traffic and a-holes. We always seem to find the a-holes.
Sorry, that''s probably me.
3.gif

I''ve turned into a strange cross between my mom and dad in the car. I drive like my dad usually (who is a crazy madman on the road) and when FI is driving like a granny I usually tell him. But then when he starts getting more aggressive I freak out like my mom does! Gasping, grabbing the handle. It''s so annoying. Hahaha.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2009 4:43:55 PM

Date: 6/22/2009 4:39:38 PM

Haha... flying is evil.
11.gif
TERRIFIED of flying!!

Sorry, that''s probably me.
3.gif

I''ve turned into a strange cross between my mom and dad in the car. I drive like my dad usually (who is a crazy madman on the road) and when FI is driving like a granny I usually tell him. But then when he starts getting more aggressive I freak out like my mom does! Gasping, grabbing the handle. It''s so annoying. Hahaha.
IE: You''re a control freak, just like me!

I can drive aggressively and it''s fine. FI is not allowed to because it "makes me nervous"
20.gif

I cannot trust other people to do things right! I have problems!
3.gif

Ok.. its 5 PM. I''m OUT!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I totally am. Have a good one!
35.gif

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
i <3 dust.

Erinleigh

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/22/2009 5:06:23 PM
Author: Squirrly
i <3 dust.

...becaaaauuuuuuseeee?

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
lol sorry i normally lurk in LIW but i was catching up on BWW

because the job i had an interview for at the hospital two weeks ago (that i had given up on since they were supposed to have called on the 12th to let me know if i got it) was just offered to me today
9.gif

it''s a nice pay bump, i believe 40 hours a week, and benefits
5.gif
and they''ll work with my school schedule next semester.

and M''s going to meet with the priest at his base this week, so that whole process will get rolling soon too.

i really need that happy dance smiley
9.gif

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
oh summer storms. the sirens are going off for a warning that''s lasting all of an hour. it''s kinda cool outside right now, my house is on the sunny side and all the really dark clouds are moving south just to the east of my house.

oh and for those who don''t live in tornado alley, the sky''s not green so the storm''s not serious. just going to be some decent winds, lighting and lots of rain for an hour
1.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I need a hug.
7.gif
Whats wrong, DGer?
39.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif

Perhaps part of the reason that you get the vibe that people don''t "appreciate" you around here is because you continue topics that are started in one subforum and drag them over to another subforum that is totally unrelated. This isn''t your safe haven, it''s the internet, and we all can do as we please, and most of us here on PS will give an opinion when it''s asked for.

I already know you don''t like me DG, and I can''t say that I really care. As for my feelings about you, I''m indifferent. I truly couldn''t care less. I''m sure you think I don''t like you, but that''s fine, well and good, because I already know you have a victim mentality and a drama queen complex (which you have openly admitted to btw), both of which you seem to like to exert here on PS, and they make you read between the lines when there isn''t anything between the lines.

No one "ganged up" on you over at your thread in Hangout. You''re blowing things way out of proportion. People gave you honest feedback about a purchase you were wanting opinions on, and you didn''t like the answers. If you had made the purchase, posted it on SMTR, you''ve be getting nothing but wonderful feedback about how everyone loved your purchase, and NOTHING about how Tiffany''s charges a premium and how you could have gotten the same thing elsewhere for cheaper. Or if you asked "Which one should I buy?"--which was pointed out as well. What I (and many others) said in that thread still holds true. AND YOU KNOW THAT. YOU''RE NOT STUPID.

So consider for a while why people are responding to you the way you do. And what you can do to fix it. In the meantime, I have plenty of other things to do with my time than give advice to someone who will ignore it and/or let it go in one ear and out the other.

Ok. I''ve said what I have to say. Back to regularly scheduled programming.
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2009 6:45:13 PM
Author: FrekeChild

I need a hug.
7.gif

Whats wrong, DGer?
39.gif
20.gif

20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif

Perhaps part of the reason that you get the vibe that people don''t ''appreciate'' you around here is because you continue topics that are started in one subforum and drag them over to another subforum that is totally unrelated. This isn''t your safe haven, it''s the internet, and we all can do as we please, and most of us here on PS will give an opinion when it''s asked for.

I already know you don''t like me DG, and I can''t say that I really care. As for my feelings about you, I''m indifferent. I truly couldn''t care less. I''m sure you think I don''t like you, but that''s fine, well and good, because I already know you have a victim mentality and a drama queen complex (which you have openly admitted to btw), both of which you seem to like to exert here on PS, and they make you read between the lines when there isn''t anything between the lines.

No one ''ganged up'' on you over at your thread in Hangout. You''re blowing things way out of proportion. People gave you honest feedback about a purchase you were wanting opinions on, and you didn''t like the answers. If you had made the purchase, posted it on SMTR, you''ve be getting nothing but wonderful feedback about how everyone loved your purchase, and NOTHING about how Tiffany''s charges a premium and how you could have gotten the same thing elsewhere for cheaper. Or if you asked ''Which one should I buy?''--which was pointed out as well. What I (and many others) said in that thread still holds true. AND YOU KNOW THAT. YOU''RE NOT STUPID.

So consider for a while why people are responding to you the way you do. And what you can do to fix it. In the meantime, I have plenty of other things to do with my time than give advice to someone who will ignore it and/or let it go in one ear and out the other.

Ok. I''ve said what I have to say. Back to regularly scheduled programming.

20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif

I don''t know how to respond, other than to say I agree.

I like having this thread be happy and free of passive-aggressive BS. And coming over here to complain about how mean people are being is counter productive. Tackle issues when and where they arise. Being able to graciously handle disagreement is something that is much prized on these boards, as we are a community full of wonderful, mature people who care about each other. But these posts seemed like you were coming over here for reinforcements to bolster your self-image and ask people to go step in and agree with you.

PS isn''t really about feeling appreciated or even really BEING appreciated (unless you''re somebody like Lorelei or Ellen or strm in RT, or Mara and Freke in the cupcake thread. They''re people that share what they know, and are seen as go-to people for certain issues.) It''s about helping each other out, but every time people want to help you it''s like you stick your fingers in your ears and yell "I can''t hear you" and then run to another thread (or start another one). The only answers you cared about were answers that you agreed with.

I really want this to be a good place. I really do. So I hope you understand this comes from me loving PS and the atmosphere here. It''s an honest place, and you know that. So just phrase your questions knowing that if you leave them open, we''ll answer a broader question. That can resolve so many of these problems it''s not even funny.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results