shape
carat
color
clarity

The June LIW Small Talk Thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t seen it, but it''s not my kind of movie, I don''t think. (It took a lot of convincing to get me to see The Hangover because I thought it''d be terrible and not my kind of movie at all.)

My dad comes to town tomorrow! Then he leaves on Sunday...and gets back on Friday! I''m pretty excited, even though it means drastic amounts of work to make the house Daddy-acceptable. He and I have different definitions of "clean enough," and I know he''s been stressed lately, so I want to tip the scales closer to "Daddy clean" instead of "princesss clean." I also have to clean my car (which will be awful, I''m dreadful at keeping it clean). Oh, and start painting my sister''s room. Oh, boy...I love work.
14.gif

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/19/2009 1:50:14 PM
Author: princesss
I haven''t seen it, but it''s not my kind of movie, I don''t think. (It took a lot of convincing to get me to see The Hangover because I thought it''d be terrible and not my kind of movie at all.)

My dad comes to town tomorrow! Then he leaves on Sunday...and gets back on Friday! I''m pretty excited, even though it means drastic amounts of work to make the house Daddy-acceptable. He and I have different definitions of ''clean enough,'' and I know he''s been stressed lately, so I want to tip the scales closer to ''Daddy clean'' instead of ''princesss clean.'' I also have to clean my car (which will be awful, I''m dreadful at keeping it clean). Oh, and start painting my sister''s room. Oh, boy...I love work.
14.gif
Yah for a visit from dad!! You going to do anything special while he is in town?

Also - did you like The Hangover?

lilmissrugger

Shiny_Rock
Hello to all you ladies, hope your days go really well!

I''m about to head to Six Flags with my younger sister and my FF, hopefully the thunderstorms that were here early this morning and predicted for later on tonight will miss us!

Happy Friday!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Yay, rugger! Have fun!

Date: 6/19/2009 2:29:17 PM
Author: CurlySue

Date: 6/19/2009 1:50:14 PM

My dad comes to town tomorrow! Then he leaves on Sunday...and gets back on Friday! I''m pretty excited, even though it means drastic amounts of work to make the house Daddy-acceptable. He and I have different definitions of ''clean enough,'' and I know he''s been stressed lately, so I want to tip the scales closer to ''Daddy clean'' instead of ''princesss clean.'' I also have to clean my car (which will be awful, I''m dreadful at keeping it clean). Oh, and start painting my sister''s room. Oh, boy...I love work.
14.gif
Yah for a visit from dad!! You going to do anything special while he is in town?

Also - did you like The Hangover?
We won''t be doing anything special because he''s only here for about 15 hours, lol. He''ll be back next Friday, though, and the rest of my family gets here next weekend. They''ll be here for about a month and a half. Should be fun!

And I *loved* The Hangover. I went with BF and our good friend, I, and the three of us laughed our butts off. Especially at the end. The end is easily the best part of the whole movie.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Gosh where is everyone? I''ve been in meetings a lot today...oh well. It''s 3:35 not much time left at work then it''s FINALLY the weekend!!!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
It''s the weekend here! I''ve gotta go get a roller for painting, clean the house some more and clean my car. So much to do and so little time.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh that just sounds like a blast. I''m going to see Clinton Kelly from What Not To Wear tomorrow as well as a fun trip to my favorite store!!!!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Is he gonna tell you what not to wear? LOL, I freaking love that show.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
lol Actually he came to another mall of ours about 3 years ago and the show was pretty great! It was more for "women" clothing instead of all women. This time the show covers all sizes so I'm excited to go. Last time he had a book signing and I was able to meet him. Not sure about this time. He did tell me he LOVED my jacket.
31.gif
Oh, and I'm dragging FF with so I have no idea what he's going to do while the show is going on. I'll bet it depends on if there is guys around then maybe he will stay nearby, if there aren't any guys then I suppose I'll never find him after the show!

I loveeeeeeeeeeee What Not To Wear too. It's awesome.

lilmissrugger

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, Princess! We had a good time, until the thunderstorms/tornado warnings/road flooding on our way back home!

Aaaaand it''s the weekend, which means work work work.

THOUGH-- FF and I get to go to his brother''s house (his brother is a doctor, and so is his wife, so the house is incredible!) Monday night through wednesday afternoon, and have the first alone time the two of us have had since.....over two months ago. wow. I cannot wait!

There''s a hot tub, and netflix via his computer that we can watch on his big screen, and there''s a lake, and a couple goats, a full fridge and beer on tap. I.CANNOT.WAIT!

But...until Monday night, from here on out it''s busy busy. See you ladies sometime after the weekend!
Hope you all have a good one!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Goats????

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/19/2009 11:17:12 PM
Goats????

i just got back and this is the first thing i see on this thread.
36.gif

i have no idea what it''s for yet but i am applauding goats and their apparent randomness.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2009 11:25:15 PM
Author: Squirrly
Date: 6/19/2009 11:17:12 PM

Goats????

i just got back and this is the first thing i see on this thread.

36.gif

i have no idea what it''s for yet but i am applauding goats and their apparent randomness.

Squirrly, I have a feeling you and I would get along fabulously IRL.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
LOL!

emote_goat.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
When BF was a kid, he had a goat named Bobo.

True story.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
I wanted to have goats for a while, but then I found out that in order to keep milking them you have to breed them every year.

That sounded like more goats than I'd know what to do with.

Also, FI had goats as a kid as well. Although he couldn't pronounce "goat" so he called them "goaps". Last time we visited his family, his mom gave me a picture she had drawn of him as a child entitled "Kris and his goaps". It is adorable.

I should scan it.
11.gif

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
thanks princess
9.gif

i do quite prefer to find to odd/random side of everything, it makes life more amusing, although IRL i''m rather shy at first until i''m comfortable with people. then all bets are off.

LP- yes find that pic of the goaps.

and now i''m remembering that little kids book about gregory the goat who would not eat like a goat and his mom had to break him in by putting a shoestring in his spaghetti.

kids books were the best.
5.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/20/2009 7:41:03 AM

and now i''m remembering that little kids book about gregory the goat who would not eat like a goat and his mom had to break him in by putting a shoestring in his spaghetti.

5.gif

I LOVED that book!

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/20/2009 11:03:07 AM
Author: misskitty
Date: 6/20/2009 7:41:03 AM

5.gif

I LOVED that book!

I don''t know that book but my first thought when I read that was "Choking Hazard!"

Clearly, I''m a square.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
My daddy''s almost here!!!!!!

I can''t wait. I''m super excited.

lilmissrugger

Shiny_Rock
lol,goaps! I love it!!!
9.gif

His brother has a big goat named Old Nick, and he bought his wife one of those fainting goa(p)s called Jezebel

So they''ll be there too...which means we won''t be COMPLETELY alone...but I suppose as far as forced company can go, goats aren''t all that bad...

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Speaking of goats (goaps), I totally fed some yesterday! The little baby ones went NUTS and attacked me -- I decided to give first dibs to the one that was sitting quietly in the back and not freaking out.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
OOOOOO....fedding goats, what did i miss over the weekend. LoL.....I dont even know what a goat looks like in real life, but i guess thats what happens when your city girl all your life. So what was it like feeding it?

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
They are SO CUTE but they went totally crazy as soon as they saw the food. Here''s a pic:

baby goats.JPG

lilmissrugger

Shiny_Rock
OHMYGODSOCUTE!!!

I''ll have to try to take a picture of the goa(p)s (yes, that''s still cracking me up) on Tuesday.

But UGH- I just got done serving for 11 hours...

that is a LONG TIME to be serving people...buhhhhh

all of my body is aching--THOUGH, the FF went on "errands" yesterday that he won''t talk with me about...and he talks to me about EVERYTHING!

So, I''m pretty pumped... the fourth is getting closer and closer!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
good morning y''all.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Morning!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2009 9:31:59 AM
Morning!
35.gif

How was your weekend? Did you enjoy your time with your dad?

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Morning, ladies!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2009 10:14:35 AM
Author: misskitty
Morning, ladies!
Morning, MK!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results