shape
carat
color
clarity

The Jubilee Has Landed! Thanks GoodOldGold!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

limey

Shiny_Rock
Wow, wow! I am speechless. My new Jubilee arrived today from GoodOldGold and it blows away everything (square) I have seen to date. The HA viewer is so fun and through my Ideal Scope all I see is red, pink and blacks (well dark grey in the office lighting).

This stone literally jumps off the clasp that Jonathan and co placed it in, and I am so glad I asked for the white lighted ring box. I am SO glad I found PriceScope and learned of this new stone. Thank you so much leonid for allowing us to play on your servers.

The Jubilee blows away the Hearts-on-Fire Dream. I thought I was doing something wrong with the IdealScope when I looked at the Dreams. This stone is everything it has been hyped to be. My boss sits opposite and must think I am slightly nuts.

I was going to do a poll and ask you all to vote on whether I should present loose or try and get the jeweler to rush the setting. The latter would be cute but then my wife would know. I was planning on saying something like the Jeweler needs your ring to match the existing stone, but it is so close to the anniversary and so obvious. Presenting it loose lets her see it in all its glory.

Jonathan, I want to express a special thanks for all of your help. I am glad I didn't rush this and waited for what is absolutely the most beautiful and perfect diamond for my project. Also, please extend a special thanks to all the girls and Chas at GOG for going above and beyond for me.

I will try and post pics later. My so called awesome digital camera has an awful macro zoom.

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! How very exciting! And Jonathan and the Good Folks at GOG are such a pleasure! Pictures! Pictures! Pictures! Glad to see that we're not the only people who face a challenge with a digital camera, it's a lot harder than it looks to get a good picture of a ring
2.gif

baltneu

Shiny_Rock
First, congrats and enjoy the diamond. Looking forward to pics.

I vote to have it mounted in the setting rather than a loose stone. I do not know if she loves diamonds like you do and the people on PS. If it is not mounted, how can she show it off? I assume she will want to show off a beautiful diamond ring you bought her. Just my 2 cents.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! It sounds awesome! And WOW....about not seeing any color...I mean how could you....the stone sounds blinding!
1.gif

bling

Shiny_Rock
again...soooo jealous! wow! i can only imagine how amazing this stone must look. congrats on a great find
1.gif

PICS PICS PICS please!!!!! we cant wait!
hmm..as for the setting..if you think she wouldnt mind, i would wait for the setting rather than rush it. i would hate to see a ho hum rush job on a setting with such an amazing stone..and in the worst case, you wouldnt want something to accidentally happen to it while rushing to have it set. im sure if shes presented with the stone alone, shell be blown away..and maybe you both could have alittle fun with the setting process. either way, i cant see her not being happy, so its what your comfortable with. fantastic..good luck and please, post those pics!
Jonathan! i want one!!! where does the line start..hehehe..
rodent.gif
9.gif
love.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Andrew:
I vote set it in the display clasps and let her play with that. I almost wish my fiance gave me my stone unset first so I could play...But maybe when I get my permanent setting made, I'll play with it until they set it! She is sooo going to love it. Looks like you'll have 10 more super blissful years of being together and her staring at her finger!!!
9.gif

I AM SOOO JEALOUS OF YOUR JUBILEE! I WANT ONE!!!
cry.gif
9.gif

Jonathan & the GOG clan:

You guys rock! I can't say enough of how AWESOME you are to share this marvel of shaped stone optics with us!!
love.gif

Leonid:
You know we are all thankful that you do let us play in your yard, and as such, we learn so much and help so many people every day. It's not just about diamonds, it's about a community that is built up and appreciated!

Thanks again for the opportunity!

(Just to let people know Leonid's lovely wife Irina helps out behind the scenes as well, so she's the hidden force behind the man...)

YYYYAAAAYYYYY Leonid and Irina!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats. We can't wait to see pictures. Keep snapping them, I get about 2 good ones out of every 20 that I take...so it IS possible if you perservere...sometimes the camera just decides to behave!
2.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Well, if you need her ring to make the new setting, it seems silly to rush it. Might as well wait to get the pear to him and make sure everything's done correctly. After all, she couldn't wear the ring without giving up the pear, so no matter what there's going to be a lag time. I think you should present her with the stone your anniversary and maybe a mock-up of the design (if she says she wants to see it instead of being surprised by the end result) and let her play with the IdealScope. Then you can go to the jeweler leisurely, have her hand over her pear, and make sure everything is perfect.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Jon does it again!!
9.gif
Congrats Andrew... I bet it's stunning - I can hardly wait to be in NYC next Xmas, so I can stop at GOG and have a look at the Jubilee!
P.S. Isn't the white lighted ring box lovely?
2.gif

limey

Shiny_Rock
I met with my jeweler, and he will begin the wax next Tuesday and will need my Jubilee for a few days. I will then get the diamond back from him and present it loose while he continues work.

He did like it and spent a long time pouring over it. We are still trying to match pears so this could take some time.

I will present in the white box supplied by GOG.

limey

Shiny_Rock
I presented the Jubilee over the weekend... and what a great weekend it was! We ate at arguable the best restaurant in the area. Probably the best meal and restaurant experience we have ever had! Oh, and my wife got her Jubilee diamond! In the low, romantic lighting and we could not believe how it sparkled. My wife made a comment that it looks like it has an external battery to look like that!

To put it mildly she was speechless and excited at the same time. With no ring yet she put the mounting clasp over her thumb and stared and played with the diamond. The difference in ideal cut is so noticeable, the way the Jubilee flickers is quite amazing. She played with the H&A viewer and IdealScope, it was very cool. (Guys, diamonds really are a girls favorite gift!)

The next day the mom-in-law watched our kids so we could go out and just have fun. We practically had the whole day away from the kids which is rare for us... lunch then we went to visit our jeweler. Seeing the wax and getting my wife involved was very cool. Lucky for me she was bowled over and I was so proud that the design I had sketched that reused all of her existing diamonds and complimented the Jubilee had also met all of her tastes in shape, metal, design and so on.

We continued our day, wandered around a few shops without our kids getting in trouble, whining, rushing us... what a joy such a simple pleasure can be! Went out again that night. 10 years, hard to believe!

We can not wait for the ring to be finished!

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
What a wonderful story
appl.gif
Thank you so much for sharing!
And warm & happy Congratulations on your 10 yr anniversary!
9.gif

Please post pics of the Jubilee when you have the chance- would luv to see it!
love.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
What a wonderful story! It sounds like a great and special day.

You are right -- diamonds are a "can't go wrong" gift! Can't wait to see the pictures.

limey

Shiny_Rock
Jubilee through the Hearts & Arrows viewer provided by GoodOldGold. Getting good results was tough, next digital camera I get I am going to make sure it has a better macro zoom!

HAviewer-arrows1.jpg

limey

Shiny_Rock
Now here are the hearts, they were tough to photograph!

HAviewer-hearts.jpg

limey

Shiny_Rock
the hearts actually show up a little more defined through the Ideal-Scope. Oh, and excuse the dust and fingerprints!

iscope-hearts.jpg

limey

Shiny_Rock
last one for now... Ideal-Scope image

iscope-arrows1.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very nice Andrew...the pictures are amazing, I can't wait to see pictures of this thing set!
1.gif
Congratulations on your anniversary and a thoughtful gift!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results