shape
carat
color
clarity

Jubilee - stone pics

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

limey

Shiny_Rock
Figured I should post the pics here rather than Rocky Talk....

jub-bl-bg.jpg

limey

Shiny_Rock

jub-wh-bg.jpg

limey

Shiny_Rock
...not in the ring yet, but on her hand at least

jub-hand.jpg

limey

Shiny_Rock
Another IdealScope image. This was with the flash set lower, but still the photo ends up with more red than with the naked eye. The arrows are usually much darker and very symmetrical and the few slight areas of leakage appear yellow in this picture.

jub-iscope-1.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! That is a real beauty.
love.gif
You can really claim that your diamond sparkles in the dark with that shot of the diamond on her hand.
naughty.gif

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
Limey,

Did you take that photo (of your wife's hand) with the flash on or off?

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Wow, beautiful stone! I can't wait to see it set. It looks great on her hand!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
*SIGH* So jealous...

What a remarkable cut on that bad boy! Can't wait to see it set! What a STUNNER!!!
love.gif
love.gif

limey

Shiny_Rock
Nicrez,

C'mon, how on earth can you be jealous with that bad boy of a radiant on your hand! Thing is the picture does not do the jubilee justice, not even close.

In very low light the Jubilee glows a nice light white, add a few spots or candles and the flickers start, in typical lighting, especially recessed spots in our kitchen the thing is blinding, then in very bright light it looks steely and one can really see the arrows with amazing bright reflections.

The hand picture my wife made with our flat-bed scanner while I was at work!

cheers
The L-word

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
LOL! I have decided that I am jealous of all you Jubilee owners, as that is the stone of my dreams...(after my Radiant, which I now have
9.gif
)

It's a square, but it's H&A, it's confused...

Hystericla about the flat bed scanner picture! What a smart idea! Skip the camera, just use the scanner!!!

But truly what a stone to be jealous of!
love.gif

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Andrew,

Congratulations on a beautiful diamond. It looks awesome!

This may seem like a strange question, but that thing is so sparkly and bright, that it looks, well, less square. What would you say the brilliance does to the appearance and shape of the stone when compared to radiant or princess cuts? I recall that you looked at many stones before going with the Jubilee.

Thanks,

BTW the Jubilee is still my first choice as next diamond purchase, especially since good radiants are so hard to find (if only I could clone Nicrez's)

limey

Shiny_Rock
Looking square versus round. I look at that pic and see square but I guess I am used to it but it does have a hint of roundness due more to the shape of the table than perhaps its brilliance. I think it is being thrown off by the clasp since the rounded corners are almost fully exposed.

The corner protecting mounts I have seen many a princess in add to that stones squareness and my wife's (not mine anymore) Jubilee although not having those protectors will have the rounded corners almost completely covered by prongs. When we saw the ring laying in the wax which has 2 delicate prongs per corner but left the edges completely free it looked very square.

The engineer in me wanted to get a round ideal/H&A but I knew my wife liked square diamonds such as the Princess, so this was a great compromise. I hope it looks more square once set since the diameter of round of the same weight would be quite a bit larger looking!

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, wow! I want one! Thanks so much for sharing pics of that beauty with us.

Daniela

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
A round of the same weight wouldn't have THAT much larger of a diameter. Or at least that's what I keep telling myself (as another Jubilee owner)!

You lose a few fractions of a millimeter on the ends, but if you measure diagonally across a square stone, it's the same size or possibly larger.

Since round stones often look square-ish in 4 prong settings, I think the difference is negligible except to the wearer (which is the most important part).

honeynut

Shiny_Rock
"square candies that look round!" - Charlie and the chocolate factory

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
Congratz on your purchase of the stunning Jubilee for your wife on your 10th anniversary!!!!
appl.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
limey... the pic on the hand came out GORGEOUS! Looks like a nice ambient light shot!!! Good job.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
The Jubilee is such a beautiful stone. I can't wait to see it set. Just Lovely!
love.gif

Nan

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
What is the size of this stone?

Michelle

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Edited to remove link by request.

Terrific pics of a luvly, sparkly stone
1.gif
- your wife wears it well!
Congratulations on your 10th Anniversary, Limey! ...and many more
9.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's a beatiful stone. Enjoy!

Michelle

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
I've been looking at princess cuts when I came across the jubilee cut. Is it a new cut? How popular is it? Are they hard to find?

Thanks;

John
confused.gif

limey

Shiny_Rock
Hi

It is a brand new cut, only a handful were available in the first batch, I was in the right place at the right time. Jonathan at GoodOldGold is the only place displaying them for sale online but other jewelers can get them. I had a great experience with GOG, and the diamond is amazing. Ideal round light performance in an (almost) square package blows away all the Princess' and Radiants I got to view at local stores.

Good luck

Limey

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks. I did first see them on the GOG website. My girlfriend said she liked "square" diamonds but also like round ones as well. The Jubilee sounds like the best of both worlds.

Can they be mounted in an Vatch'e X-prong setting? Would it use the setting designed for a round diamond or the one for the princess cut diamond?

John

limey

Shiny_Rock
Yeah, I think that would look really good. Another PS user and fellow Jubilee owner, verticalhorzion was looking at that setting I believe. Not sure on the princess vs round head without looking closely, certainly the Jubilee does not need the corner protection of a princess. That's a good question for the Jubilee dealers.

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
When ordering my X-Prong setting, you really don't have to make a decision on which type (round vs. princess). I was told, when they make it, they taylor it towards your diamond.

EP, if you're GF likes round and squares, you may also want to consider the Regent, which is more cushion shaped and little bit easier to get if you're an a tight schedule.

I believe, as of this writing, there are only 2 Jubilees over 1 ct listed on GOG's site. a 1.09 D VVS1 (very xpensive) and a 1.79 J SI2, which is actually quite reasonable, but out of my budget range. There are also a few under the 0.7 mark.

Call them if you are interested in them... or if you just want them to find something specific for you.

Dadof4

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 5/5/2004 4:19:40 PM limey wrote:

Looking square versus round.

The engineer in me wanted to get a round ideal/H&A but I knew my wife liked square diamonds such as the Princess, so this was a great compromise. I hope it looks more square once set since the diameter of round of the same weight would be quite a bit larger looking!----------------

I'm a CPA, not an engineer, but that's EXACTLY why I'm working on putting together a Jubilee ring too!

That's a beautiful stone. What kind of setting are you putting it in?

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
I'm looking at getting a Vatche platinum X-prong for my Jubilee. They've also got some new settings coming out in July after they back from vacation that I'm gonna look at as well.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results