shape
carat
color
clarity

Jubilee set! but wot no pictures

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

limey

Shiny_Rock
Hi

We visited our jeweler yeterday and picked up the anniversary e-ring upgrade with the Jubilee. The bad news for the PS regulars is that my wife does not want to post pictures on pricescope or anywhere on the Internet. I am trying to convince her to let me post them on PS but she loves that it is so absolutely unique and custom and does not want anyone copying it!!

We reused all of the diamonds from the old e-ring and wedding band. The band is gold with a platinum head. The head has side accents that glint and sparkle and surprise. The band is knife edge with the small diamonds from her previous e-ring pave set against the knife edge. The side stones are pears and really compliment the Jubilee.

- The Jubilee actually looks VERY square in this setting as you can tell in the hand pic. The sparkles and bling look amazing from 5-10 feet away or more, at that distance you can not tell it is square, but at 5 feet it begins to look "different" and then you realize it is a square.
- In bright but not direct natural light or ambient light, i.e. overcast day the Jubilee is very white and you can see the arrows - i.e. the hand pic
- It can look its best in relative bright lighting. This is when you see the flashes and rainbows.
- In VERY bright light it looks steely and blue, you can see the arrows very clearly - except for a couple facets that are blinding!

I''ll keep working on the wife to let me post more close-ups!

Take care
Limey

handwhite-lowres.jpg

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it turned out beautiful!

It's funny that your wife doesn't want anyone to copy it and then you give us all the details!
2.gif

Now, I PROMISE not to copy it if I see more pictures, okay? Pretty please?

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
It turned out beautifully! You are right. The shapes are unique together but very complimentary. I love the fact that you were able to reuse the original stones to keep the sentimental factor high.

More pics would be great -- we won't steal your design!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Honest, Limey, we'll be good. It really does look lovely. Congrats on a job well done. Please just one or two more pics? Pretty please?
12.gif

Shay

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Doesn't your wife know that was part of the deal when you married!!?? Once the significant anniv comes around that warrants the new ring she must post on PS! GEES!!
9.gif
naughty.gif

It's very lovely.
Nan

squirerad

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!! . I can see what your wife means: you most likely have the first and only 3 stone ring with a Jubilee center and Pear sides. Even at low resolution it looks awesome... so brilliant, so shiny.

limey

Shiny_Rock
For a better idea of how it looks... it looks a little like the Verragio E-0023 except in yellow gold for the main ring, platinum for the Jubilee head (and the prongs criss-cross) with 2 accent diamonds and 12 bead set small diamonds against the knife edge.

The matching "upgrade" w-band will be knife edge with bead/pave-like diamonds around the top 180 degrees. We are planning on melting the gold from the old e- and w-bands into the new w-band!

In fact it might very well be the FIRST ever Jubilee set and actually worn. Jonathan?

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congrats on your diamond!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results