shape
carat
color
clarity

The jacket saga continues with ID Jewelry!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
And one more with my DBTY from preloved....

IMG_0176b.JPG

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Cellentani, that ruby necklace is superb! How long is it and how big are the wee rubies? I also love that DBTY, how long is it and how big are the diamonds? And how big is the centre stone on that gorgeous pendant?
Sorry for all the questions, I'm about to make a custom DBTY and love getting ideas and perspective.

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock
Your diamond pendant is breathtakingly lovely as is the ruby necklace. Enjoy.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
cellentani|1339591030|3215299 said:
And here's a small neck shot for those who've been patiently waiting.....
ETA: I don't really wear it with the ruby BTY necklace - was just getting shots for something else, lol.

Oooh I don't think I've seen that RBTY necklace before. Very cool!

p.s. Thanks for the info on the jackets.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
JaneSmith|1339600693|3215381 said:
Cellentani, that ruby necklace is superb! How long is it and how big are the wee rubies? I also love that DBTY, how long is it and how big are the diamonds? And how big is the centre stone on that gorgeous pendant?
Sorry for all the questions, I'm about to make a custom DBTY and love getting ideas and perspective.
Hi JaneSmith, the diameter of the rubies (incl. bezel) is about 2.8mm, so I'm guessing the stones are 2-2.5mm each? They're only 1/2-inch apart, and 33 stations along the 18-inch chain (can be shortened to 16").

In contrast, the DBTY has 7-pointers, they are 1-inch apart, and 16 stations along a 16-inch chain (can be shortened to 15").

The center transitional OEC in the pendant is .67ct, and measures 5.78mm.

Hope that helps! :wavey:

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
innerkitten|1339647147|3215891 said:
ETA: I don't really wear it with the ruby BTY necklace - was just getting shots for something else, lol.

I could have sworn I'd posted that rbty necklace before, but I couldn't find it when searching my topics. Sometimes I feel like I'm posting the same old photos over and over, lol. Anyway, here it is with the rubellite & diamond pendant I usually wear it with.

IMG_0929b.JPG

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
cellentani|1339679402|3215973 said:

I could have sworn I'd posted that rbty necklace before, but I couldn't find it when searching my topics. Sometimes I feel like I'm posting the same old photos over and over, lol. Anyway, here it is with the rubellite & diamond pendant I usually wear it with.

That is absolutely :love: :love: :love: ....would you mind sharing where you found the rbty? I love it.....Ruby is one of my favorites. My anniversary is in JULY......got me thinking... :naughty:

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, that was helpful. 8)

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
The pendant really looks elegant with the chain :)

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Taylorbug!|1339686040|3216046 said:
cellentani|1339679402|3215973 said:

That is absolutely :love: :love: :love: ....would you mind sharing where you found the rbty? I love it.....Ruby is one of my favorites. My anniversary is in JULY......got me thinking... :naughty:
Hi Taylorbug! I got that rbty chain from a NYC district vendor last year, and on my last visit, he had 2 similar style chains, one sapphire, and one ruby - both had slightly larger stones, IIRC. Don't let the location put you off - they're pretty easy to work with. If you (or anyone else) is interested, just PM me through Bistro, and I'll be happy to give you the details.

luckky

Shiny_Rock
Cellentani cellentani, every pieces of your are killing me :naughty: Love love them all and really TDF what a classy taste you are :love:

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning pieces and a very helpful thread! Thanks!

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Cellantani,
You have such lovely pieces! They are such an inspiration!

I'm wondering if you have a photo of your tsavorite pendant on it's own?
I'm hoping to show it to someone for inspiration!

Thanks!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Geez, I can't believe I haven't been here in so long! And so much has gone on! Celle, I'm so glad you put one of your diamonds in I.D.'s jacket halo. I just *knew* it would look perfect and it does! And while the thought of a DBTY necklace continually flipping always made me nuts, I think I'll take the plunge next year. I don't want to get ahead of myself because three other projects will be completed before I can even think of getting started on the DBTY necklace, but it would be a perfect compliment to my birthday project that Luann has tucked away for me already. That prezzie is an exact copy of the diamond pendant Yekutiel's Mom Julia (love her!) had on when I was there recently and she had *that* honker beauty of a pendant on her own DBTY necklace made of ten pointers. It looked perfect! Geez, I'd better get even BETTER at saving money huh? LOL! But it's all fun and it's all gorgeous and I love every single piece you've got. Yep, really. LOVE! While I await the arrival of my own interesting earring jackets, (I'll be sure to show them here too!) I'm wondering what stones I should have perma-mounted in my old round jackets..... I'm not sure yet. Congrats on all of your gorgeous pieces! We have to shop together once or twice!

MizNina

Shiny_Rock
cellentani|1339173658|3211890 said:
Thanks ladies - I'm so completely taken with the jackets, and while I was worried they'd be too big for my ear or not look balanced, I now think they're perfect!!

So anyway, I had the jackets for a few weeks before getting the stones set, and one day while looking at the back of one, my wheels started turning.......could one of these possibly be turned into a slider??! Well, since my 20th anniversary was coming up and my DH was desperate for ideas, that set off a few phone calls and emails to Luann and Yekutiel, and they assured me it could be done. However, I still didn't have anything to put in the middle, which started a mad hunt for an old cut diamond, and I was very fortunate to land a stunning transitional from Mara - yay!

Fast forward a few weeks and tweaks, and I couldn't be happier with the result! This halo-style pendant is made with one of IDJ's 3-pointer jackets, and was modified with prongs to hold the center diamond, a .67ct, 5.7mm transitional OEC. I had originally envisioned a slider, but no matter how I slid the chain through the back, it flipped too much for my liking. The easy answer was to solder the chain directly to the edge, and while it occasionally tips slightly, it always rights itself shortly after. Okay, on to pics!

Now, I know some people are super-fussed about ACA or similar melee, and while I would never abuse them for their preference, I couldn't be happier with the quality that IDJ uses - case in point below!

So Celle could I trouble you for a shot of your beautiful pendant held up to your ear? :naughty: it is so gorgeous and would help with my decision to upgrade from 3 pointers to 5's sorry to do this to you but I just LOVE that pendant :love: :love:

MizNina

Shiny_Rock
Hmm not sure what happened above :)) try again .....

So Celle could I trouble you for a shot of your beautiful pendant held up to your ear? :naughty: it is so gorgeous and would help with my decision to upgrade from 3 pointers to 5's sorry to do this to you but I just LOVE that pendant :love: :love

tara3056

Shiny_Rock
Bumping in the hopes that cellentani will see this! I'm looking to have a similar pendant made from an ID jacket soon, and wanted to ask you about yours... you have the 3 point jackets with the 5 pointers in the pendant, right? Do you remember if you used a jacket made for a 0.50 or 0.75 center stone for your pendant? It's 5.67mm, I know, but I figured it might have gone either way since they soldered the prongs into the jacket itself, which might have left a little more wiggle room. Lastly, do you have any pics that show both your earring jackets with the jacket-cum-pendant? I'd like to get an idea of the visual size difference between the two. I'm looking at doing either 5 pointers OR 10 pointers for my pendant... trying to decide if 10 pointers would be too blingy or if 5 pointers would be too small/just right!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know how I missed this thread! Those tsavorites are to die for!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results