shape
carat
color
clarity

The jacket saga continues with ID Jewelry!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GAH, you're killing me with gorgeousness! :knockout: I love everything about your jackets and pendants. Pure perfection!!!

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock
Spirit, you can get the 5 pointers in a 10 stone jacket. I originally had the 10 stone jackets but exchanged them for 9 stone jackets as my studs are not a great cut and so I had a rather large airline and it drove me crazy. A small airline is fine with me but my airline was just too much. I am very happy with my jackets now. It was pointed out to me that the 9 stone jackets are meant for 1/2 carat stones and the 10 stone jacket is for .75 carat stones. I believe that another pricescoper most likely ended up with my original jackets and was fine with them as she felt they gave her a bit more flexibility in terms of purchasing colored stones for the jackets.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
stargurl78|1339178929|3211941 said:
cellentani said:
Hi stargurl, glad to hear you're still wearing your jackets! I still get such a kick out of people complimenting mine - I'm always so flattered.

The tsavs are from Prima - they're not precision cut, but the portuguese cuts are nicely done and I can't imagine them being any more brilliant.

Thanks for sharing, I might have to give them a call. I remember there being another pair of gorgeous tsav studs posted on here from them, maybe aljdewey's... Anyways, they are stunning and so is your beautiful new pendant :love: :love: :love:

YES - Alj has tsavs too, for her square jackets! She has sharp eyes and I wasn't able to plunder them when I saw her last, so had to pony up for my own, lol. You made me want to check them out again - here's the thread: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-little-christmas-greenery.169589/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-little-christmas-greenery.169589/[/URL]

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1339184018|3211994 said:
Those are sooo beautiful! I adore the tsavorites!!! I am not seeing a website for Prima Gems other than a page saying their website is under construction. Is that the right one???

I have a pair of sapphires and am debating over whether to have them set permanently in a halo or to buy jackets like these. My sapphires are about 5.5mm and I remember discussing this when alj got hers. So first I'd have to figure out if these stones really will fit and also if they will customize the jackets (such as to switch to platinum or upgrade diamond specs). Do you know?

Thanks DS!! And yes, that's the right url for Prima - they've been trying to get their website launched for awhile now, but they've been extremely busy this spring. In fact, they returned from JCK with only one day of respite in between heading out again to another Intergem show. I'd recommend emailing Jaimeen, and it's probably how I'm in touch with him the most.

I'd really recommend the jackets over a permanent setting - it probably won't cost any more, and you have so much flexibility. I tried a 5.5mm OEC in the jackets, and it sat higher than I liked, even in the most low-profile setting. To get the best fit, I'd send your sapphires to IDJ and let them custom fit the jackets to your stones - it's my understanding that they order the setting and set the melee themselves, so there's a tiny bit of wiggle room with how the stones are set. I'm pretty sure you can order whatever quality stones you like, and most likely the metal too. Hope that helps!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
makemepretty|1339189877|3212069 said:
Are they heavy to wear? I wondered if hoops were heavy too. I've only wore studs, which are light. Does anyone ever leave them in (the jackets with the earrings) and sleep in them?

The jackets are very light and while I use jumbo backs (about 7mm in diameter), I've never had a problem with tipping, drooping, or pulling on my ear lobes. I can't stand to sleep in earrings, but if you can manage to get a good night's rest with post backs, then jackets shouldn't be too much of an issue? I dunno, really.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Enerchi|1339185445|3212018 said:
FANTASTIC! Those are beautiful prongs holding such emerald green tsavs!! Wonderful combo --- love them! Those jackets are sure getting a work out at your house!

And what an amazing pendant- such a clever idea you had to use one for a halo on an OEC - soooooo clever!!! :appl: I think we'd ALL love to come and play in your jewellry box!!!
LOL Enerchi, I think I wear a pair of jackets every single day! My dangle earrings are sad and forgotten in my jewelry box. Meet me in NY sometime, and we can play!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
JLW05|1339192071|3212098 said:
Oh, and may I add that I am positivelygreen with envy!!!!!! Those stones are surely going on my already loooong wish list! And those pendants - my oh my! Please post neck shots. Enjoy your beautiful new goodies!

Awww, thanks JLW05! You definitely should get a pair, and I'll keep an eye out for more. I posted a neck shot in my DBTY preloved thread, but I'll try to get one up here too.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Spirit|1339207282|3212261 said:
Cellentani, you are keeping ID in business! Your new set is so beautiful and love the coordinating pendant ! Did you have that custom made? Are they also 3 pointers or 5 pointers surrounding the pendant with the tsav? It is gorgeous!
I am wondering if you could post a side view of those 5 pointers in the 9 stone jackets. Do you mind if they stick out? It seems to be a toss up between that or an airline using 5 pointers sitting flush in the 11 stone jackets.
You have fabulous taste in jewelry!Thanks for sharing with us!

Thanks for the lovely comments, Spirit! And you're right, I've been busy with ID lately for sure! The tsavorite pendant wasn't custom made - in fact, it used to have a rubellite tourmaline, but I knocked a huge chip in it when I clumsily dropped it against a glass door. :rolleyes:
I'm not sure what size diamonds are around the tsav pendant, but they're bigger than 3-pointers.

I'm not sure what you mean by "I am wondering if you could post a side view of those 5 pointers in the 9 stone jackets." and "Do you mind if they stick out?" Are you asking to see a profile of the diamond pendant? And what exactly is "sticking out"? I'm happy to take extra photos or give additional info - I'm just a little confused. :loopy:

You did bring up a point though - I erroneously stated that the pendant halo was 3-pointers, but they're clearly 5-pointers.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Oh another stunner! The colour on those tsavs is TDF!

Cell I wanted to thank you for your advice on the NYC diamond district. I was able to get two of my stones set by HH and some diamond jackets from another jeweller. I posted a pic of the sapphire on the "from my cold dead hands" thread on CS (I don't wish to thread jack here!)

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous! Those tsavorites are unbelievable. Congrats on your upcoming 20th anniversary!

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Your earring are gorgeous! You your pendant makes me swoon! Congrats on your 20th anniversary. I would love (and I'm sure I'm not the only one) neckshots of your pendant.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
cellentani|1339255783|3212515 said:
Enerchi|1339185445|3212018 said:
FANTASTIC! Those are beautiful prongs holding such emerald green tsavs!! Wonderful combo --- love them! Those jackets are sure getting a work out at your house!

And what an amazing pendant- such a clever idea you had to use one for a halo on an OEC - soooooo clever!!! :appl: I think we'd ALL love to come and play in your jewellry box!!!
LOL Enerchi, I think I wear a pair of jackets every single day! My dangle earrings are sad and forgotten in my jewelry box. Meet me in NY sometime, and we can play!

I'm going to hold you to that!! We are going to NYC in late october/early november... Luann knows I'm going to be spending a morning in there ... Maybe we can set something up and you can meet me there!!! I'd love that - such fun! :appl: :appl: :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
cellentani|1339255016|3212505 said:
diamondseeker2006|1339184018|3211994 said:
Those are sooo beautiful! I adore the tsavorites!!! I am not seeing a website for Prima Gems other than a page saying their website is under construction. Is that the right one???

I have a pair of sapphires and am debating over whether to have them set permanently in a halo or to buy jackets like these. My sapphires are about 5.5mm and I remember discussing this when alj got hers. So first I'd have to figure out if these stones really will fit and also if they will customize the jackets (such as to switch to platinum or upgrade diamond specs). Do you know?

Thanks DS!! And yes, that's the right url for Prima - they've been trying to get their website launched for awhile now, but they've been extremely busy this spring. In fact, they returned from JCK with only one day of respite in between heading out again to another Intergem show. I'd recommend emailing Jaimeen, and it's probably how I'm in touch with him the most.

I'd really recommend the jackets over a permanent setting - it probably won't cost any more, and you have so much flexibility. I tried a 5.5mm OEC in the jackets, and it sat higher than I liked, even in the most low-profile setting. To get the best fit, I'd send your sapphires to IDJ and let them custom fit the jackets to your stones - it's my understanding that they order the setting and set the melee themselves, so there's a tiny bit of wiggle room with how the stones are set. I'm pretty sure you can order whatever quality stones you like, and most likely the metal too. Hope that helps!

Very helpful!!! Thank you!

Spirit

Shiny_Rock
cellentani|1339258925|3212546 said:
Cellentani, you are keeping ID in business! Your new set is so beautiful and love the coordinating pendant ! Did you have that custom made? Are they also 3 pointers or 5 pointers surrounding the pendant with the tsav? It is gorgeous!
I am wondering if you could post a side view of those 5 pointers in the 9 stone jackets. Do you mind if they stick out? It seems to be a toss up between that or an airline using 5 pointers sitting flush in the 11 stone jackets.

Thanks for the lovely comments, Spirit! And you're right, I've been busy with ID lately for sure! The tsavorite pendant wasn't custom made - in fact, it used to have a rubellite tourmaline, but I knocked a huge chip in it when I clumsily dropped it against a glass door. :rolleyes:
I'm not sure what size diamonds are around the tsav pendant, but they're bigger than 3-pointers.

I'm not sure what you mean by "I am wondering if you could post a side view of those 5 pointers in the 9 stone jackets." and "Do you mind if they stick out?" Are you asking to see a profile of the diamond pendant? And what exactly is "sticking out"? I'm happy to take extra photos or give additional info - I'm just a little confused. :loopy:

You did bring up a point though - I erroneously stated that the pendant halo was 3-pointers, but they're clearly 5-pointers.

oops- my mistake. I mean to say a side view of the 5 mm tsav stones in the jackets. All your beautiful pieces made my mind mixed up!!!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Spirit|1339274104|3212731 said:

oops- my mistake. I mean to say a side view of the 5 mm tsav stones in the jackets. All your beautiful pieces made my mind mixed up!!!

No worries spirit,lol! I do have a profile shot of the tsavs in the jackets, and I'll post it when i get home later!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Okay, here's a profile of the tsavorite stud in the jacket - you can see that it sits a wee bit higher than the top of the jacket, but I actually think that's just about perfect. Having the slightest height difference gives the stones a little more pop, IMHO.

IMG_0187.JPG

IMG_0213.JPG

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
Wowza Cellentani! They are sooo gorgeous! You know how I love earrings! Thanks for posting more of these beauties...

Spirit

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the profile shots, Cellentani. Those jackets are a PERFECT fit! :love:
Enjoy !!!!

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock
Oh yes, Cellentani. I need a pair of those lovely gems!9

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cell, not surprisingly, they are quite lovely. The contrast between the white sparkle of the diamonds and the green of the tsavs is perfect. They really pop. I actually don't know how someone could miss them and not comment on them if you were wearing them!

Seashell12

Rough_Rock

What does it mean : 5 pointer? Is it 0.5 tcw?

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful jackets! They fit your tsavorites perfectly!

Seashell, 5-pointers means each stone is .05 ct.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
rosetta|1339260326|3212557 said:
Oh another stunner! The colour on those tsavs is TDF!

Cell I wanted to thank you for your advice on the NYC diamond district. I was able to get two of my stones set by HH and some diamond jackets from another jeweller. I posted a pic of the sapphire on the "from my cold dead hands" thread on CS (I don't wish to thread jack here!)
I'm so glad the info was useful, rosetta, and I'm heading over to CS to take a look! Did you get settings at HH too?

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
i'm lovin the tsavs in the jackets, beautiful combo!

Loreal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Wow, those are amazing. I just had sapphires set for my halos, but I'm lusting after your tsavs! :love:

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
cellentani|1339169514|3211843 said:
There's been a happy flurry of halo jacket activity over the last couple of months on PS! I'm still thrilled with my 3-pointer jackets for my 4mm OEC's but decided to pester Yekutiel for the next size up for colored stones and WOW - you gals with the 5mm studs already know how they really pack a sparkly punch! I was lucky to find a gorgeous pair of tsavorites and had them set in the same 4-prong martini settings. As soon as they came back from the bench, I swooned over the prongs, then immediately popped these babies in my ear! I can't tell you how many people commented on them during the rest of that day - took me by surprise, actually.

The photos can't quite capture all the brilliance, but here are a few shots. These jackets are also 3-pointers, 11 stones each.

One earring getting cozy with my tsavorite pendant!

Okay, this actually isn't the end of the story.........more to come in a bit.

I have another question :) Did you have them custom made or is that size available on their website?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
The color of those gems against the white jackets is just insanely gorgeous!!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I'm so flattered you like the tsavs Chel, thank you!

Thanks Loreal, and I hope you post your sapphires - I'd love to see them in the halos!!

Innerkitten, the jackets were not custom - IDJ orders the jacket setting in the size needed and sets them with their own melee. I actually like that better than ordering them pre-made from a company - I feel like the quality control is much better. I just took a look and I didn't see these exact jackets on their site, but give them a call - they'll know exactly what you're talking about and can help with sizes and quotes. They're very friendly!

Dreamer, you don't strike me as much of a colored stone fan, so this is a huge compliment - thanks!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
And here's a small neck shot for those who've been patiently waiting.....
ETA: I don't really wear it with the ruby BTY necklace - was just getting shots for something else, lol.

IMG_0105b.JPG

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, how beautiful Cellentani!!! :love: Wear in health and happiness!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results