shape
carat
color
clarity

The "it's so ME" antique dream piece thread

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How lovely to be able to go there and try pieces on. So many beautiful pieces, such restrictive limits that life circumstances put on us :cry2:

Lange’s is actually very small, but it’s jammed packed with goodies! And the staff there were so warm and helpful. There are drawers along the walls with the smaller/more conservative prices. The best ones/highest quality are out in the glass cases. I was looking for small clusters at the time, or modest five stone CS/diamond bands. When I saw something I liked in the case that was $10K or more, my lady would kindly show me about seven more in the drawer behind her within my budget! It’s a nice system. She just kept finding things for me and letting me take my time. My husband came with and indulged me with his opinions. There was a very friendly armed guard letting people in from the sidewalk (like most big cities). I’m sure there are back showrooms for people who need more time and room to sit. It just seemed so small to me based on what I had imagined!
I keep her card in my jewelry box and told my husband that he could call her anytime.;-)

Yelena

Shiny_Rock
Lange’s is actually very small, but it’s jammed packed with goodies! And the staff there were so warm and helpful. There are drawers along the walls with the smaller/more conservative prices. The best ones/highest quality are out in the glass cases. I was looking for small clusters at the time, or modest five stone CS/diamond bands. When I saw something I liked in the case that was $10K or more, my lady would kindly show me about seven more in the drawer behind her within my budget! It’s a nice system. She just kept finding things for me and letting me take my time. My husband came with and indulged me with his opinions. There was a very friendly armed guard letting people in from the sidewalk (like most big cities). I’m sure there are back showrooms for people who need more time and room to sit. It just seemed so small to me based on what I had imagined!
I keep her card in my jewelry box and told my husband that he could call her anytime.;-)

@KristinTech - I love that you have told your husband that he can call Lang antiques anytime. That’s beautiful :D

Their system is a good one by the sounds of things. I LOVE looking at their online archive. Just that one online archive could provide me with a life time of jewellery inspiration. I am thankful for that archive.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I am hopelessly in love with this ring and wish I never stumbled on it...I have a big birthday coming up this December, but like...can not justify the purchase AT ALL...

but here I am, feeling protective of the listing and only sharing screenshots because I am still holding out a hope that I muster up the cash by some magic :lol:

Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 9.27.37 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 9.25.50 PM.png

Yelena

Shiny_Rock
I am hopelessly in love with this ring and wish I never stumbled on it...I have a big birthday coming up this December, but like...can not justify the purchase AT ALL...

but here I am, feeling protective of the listing and only sharing screenshots because I am still holding out a hope that I muster up the cash by some magic :lol:

Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 9.27.37 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 9.25.50 PM.png

Wow :kiss2: I understand why you are in love with her. She’s magical. I hope she becomes yours.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock

A perfect example of an "it's so me" piece! It's a beauty and I'm also hoping she will become yours!

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock

Is it absolutely out of price range? If you can somehow snatch it up - at some point it will be gone and you‘ll feel so bad about it. I hope to see hand shots soon :)!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Is it absolutely out of price range? If you can somehow snatch it up - at some point it will be gone and you‘ll feel so bad about it. I hope to see hand shots soon :)!

In talks with husband...we are hoping to buy a new condo or house next year so a large purchase like this feels totally irresponsible and I don’t want to set us back...

I was looking at items in the $1k or less range, and stumbled on this which is $3k...so a bit over :roll:

but goodness I am in love! I hunted for cheaper “substitutes”...but that feels like a hopeless endeavor. Nothing struck me in the same way, even though I found some lovely items!

Seeing where else I can save and pinch pennies...I also don’t know if it’s rude, but I might make an “offer” and see if the seller bites! I have little sense of if it’s a good price or not, but I think it’s fair? The ring is platinum

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
20201006_072516.jpg

Yes, please! The mixed cuts, the shape.
Thud.

So cool.

Can I ask - it is a bit off topic...who are the "regular" vendors you guys look at? I have some IGs I follow...but was wondering if I was missing anyone amazing

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
So cool.

Can I ask - it is a bit off topic...who are the "regular" vendors you guys look at? I have some IGs I follow...but was wondering if I was missing anyone amazing

I find following hash tags helps direct you to accounts too. I follow #oldeuropeancut#artdecoring#antiquerings#bluezircon for example.
I also will explore accounts that are following accounts I follow. Many are also sellers.
You might follow #moonstone. On Mondays many sellers have moonstone Monday. A great day to search for moonstone!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In talks with husband...we are hoping to buy a new condo or house next year so a large purchase like this feels totally irresponsible and I don’t want to set us back...

I was looking at items in the $1k or less range, and stumbled on this which is $3k...so a bit over :roll:

but goodness I am in love! I hunted for cheaper “substitutes”...but that feels like a hopeless endeavor. Nothing struck me in the same way, even though I found some lovely items!

Seeing where else I can save and pinch pennies...I also don’t know if it’s rude, but I might make an “offer” and see if the seller bites! I have little sense of if it’s a good price or not, but I think it’s fair? The ring is platinum

I think it is fair. If you are serious tell the seller your budget is tight and offer 80% of what he is asking. It is very pretty and I hope it works out for you. Have you seen a pic of it on a hand? Wonder if the moonstone has blue schiller.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I think it is fair. If you are serious tell the seller your budget is tight and offer 80% of what he is asking. It is very pretty and I hope it works out for you. Have you seen a pic of it on a hand? Wonder if the moonstone has blue schiller.

I actually just got a handshot - the moonstone is pale blue / silvery, and described having strong iridescent flash

I just googled "Schiller" - i wasn't sure what that was! it might be hard to tell from this photo?

diamonds are approx H color, 1 tcw

***edit - she said no blue flashes - more smokey grey

D6C1A1A1-E61A-4FDB-A0DC-D4BF0C950AEB.JPG

Last edited:

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock

Ok, I see. However, if your heart sings, you should still consider it. Maybe limit the bling budget for 2021? And I think it is reasonable to make an offer. The price seems fair, but still. Tell them how you feel about it. It’s great you talk to your husband!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Ok, I see. However, if your heart sings, you should still consider it. Maybe limit the bling budget for 2021? And I think it is reasonable to make an offer. The price seems fair, but still. Tell them how you feel about it. It’s great you talk to your husband!

That is exactly what we are discussing...it will mean, certainly no new projects for the first half of the year, which I need to stick to!

We might go for it....ehhh hemming and hawing. We will see what the vendor says! Thank you all!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@annagene12 I bought a similar ring 6 years ago and finding comps back then was difficult. They were slightly easier to find in YG so if you really want plat and love everything about the ring it may be hard to find something similar in the future. Of course you could recreate it at some point if an antique isn’t a must for you. Mine has blue schiller. I’ve heard the blue is more expensive than gray or green, but who really knows. Yours having strong flash sounds like it will be a good performer.

Thread from 6 yrs back when I was considering it:

7EACD6E0-ED95-4F3E-8BA4-15EAD2800AEB.jpeg

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
@annagene12 I bought a similar ring 6 years ago and finding comps back then was difficult. They were slightly easier to find in YG so if you really want plat and love everything about the ring it may be hard to find something similar in the future. Of course you could recreate it at some point if an antique isn’t a must for you. Mine has blue schiller. I’ve heard the blue is more expensive than gray or green, but who really knows. Yours having strong flash sounds like it will be a good performer.

Thread from 6 yrs back when I was considering it:

7EACD6E0-ED95-4F3E-8BA4-15EAD2800AEB.jpeg

This is stunning! Right up my alley!

I do LOVE the platinum and the grey color of the stone - who knows if it is a "good" moonstone - but I love it.

I agree - it was so hard to find comparisons. They range WILDLY - from $1.5k - $8k based on the very small number of similar rings...

I put in an offer - the vendor said they will sleep on it and let me know tomorrow. Yeeeee!!!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Well....I bought it :dance:

I am officially on a bling ban for 6+ months :roll: #worthit

My husband is a very, very reasonable negotiator, and the vendor was very responsive and kind - and was willing to meet me in the middle on price. Now that I have safely purchased it - I will share the video!!!

Not only is "it so me" - it is SO mine!!!

SallyBrown

Shiny_Rock

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
This ring is so gorgeous. And it converts into a pendant. I'm trying to find a smaller version. This one is too flashy for my current lifestyle.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I got her today. She is effortlessly beautiful, willowy and so much more delicate than photos indicated.

The moonstone is a beautiful, subtle, pale bluish grey. I am IN LOVE. I have had a very tough morning at work so my husband said I should enjoy her for the day before I pack her up until my birthday at the end of December.

Here are some pics...it is an overcast day, but the flashes come alive in the sun.

IMG-4014.jpg

IMG-4012.jpg

IMG-4008.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results