shape
carat
color
clarity

The Heidi Horten Collection

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is amazing! I'd be happy to have even one of those.

And, yes, the jade seemed the most "other-worldly" of all of them.

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
Because I absolutely prefer viewing them in real life perspective...size does matter, haha.

horten-ruby-01.jpg

-Das-Leben-der-Heidi-Goss-Horten_1655040641825801.jpg

5ccb8e3e1ab0912f887414d1f15597ae.jpg

00409_big.jpg

women_4.jpg

46-148404980.jpg

toomuchB

Shiny_Rock
I am following this auction, what an amazing collection - though reading about how the family fortune started is depressing (if I read accurate sources).

That super high dome jade cabochon is amazing, as is that broilette diamond necklace!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
This is why we wear rubellites :lol:

Hahahhahahaha…

Ok but on a serious note, the red is a different red… the stones just look different. They are smaller, and very much smaller at that but I actually prefer to wear my ruby rings to my fairly amazing looking (I think anyway) rubellites when I want that red-red color.

secretagentlaura

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'd honestly be happy just being able to play in that jewelry box for two hours! This collection is amazing!

VividRed

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for sharing, I didn’t see it. I will certainly go and will try to take decent pictures of the Sunrise ruby, it’s a once in a lifetime experience!

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
though reading about how the family fortune started is depressing (if I read accurate sources).

Yeesh (from Wikipedia entry on her much-older spouse and the source of the fortune):

"...When the Nazis came to power in 1933, Horten was able to acquire the company from the Jewish owners, Strauß and Lauter, who fled to the United States. He was aided in this transaction by the banker Wilhelm Reinhold of the Commerz- and Disconto-Bank. The bank was to become a partner in the newly formed Horten & Co.
Until 1939, Horten acquired several other department stores and enjoyed a good relationship with the Nazi government..."

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
A previous thread on the same subject:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yeah…

Glances at Sunrise ruby pics...

Looks down at my rubies…

Sigh…

Legit laughed out loud :lol-2:

OMG that jade thought, no joke - otherworldly. I don’t imagine I’ll ever even set eyes on jade like that o_O

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
What a collection. That briolette necklace is amazing. I think it would look better worn as a single strand rather than the double shown in the action photo.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
She has all sorts of historical jewellery and amazing branded pieces that I really can’t wait to see. She does seem to buy only the very best. Collection is valued at 150 million but I won’t be surprised if it goes for higher.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since I started this thread, I will request that it focuses on the bling and not the background and personal life of the deceased owner. Thank you all

Oops no more genocide talk -- just focus on the sparklies. Will do.

toomuchB

Shiny_Rock
This caught my eye. If a 3 strand natural pearl necklace is not extravagant enough... the clasp has a casual 11+ct pink diamond to finish it off.

pearls.png

shelovesinclusions

Shiny_Rock
I like the piece titles. I want to see how "Impressive Diamond Ring" fluoresces.

PastryGirl

Shiny_Rock
Good god thank you for this. Learned about someone new and got to droll over some amazing pieces!

88_star

Shiny_Rock
Trade
those jades!!! Swoon!! My gosh next time someone says jade is cheap or a grandma's stone I'm going to whip out pictures of this babes. Dead.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results