shape
carat
color
clarity

The Heidi Horten Collection

Nick_G

Shiny_Rock
Am I right in thinking that the Sunrise Ruby is going to be sold in that forthcoming auction? It's already the most expensive coloured stone ever sold that isn't a diamond, selling for >$30 million.

I don't see any spinels in that collection. Tut tut. Not good enough! ;)2

Cinders

Shiny_Rock
Wow, what an amazing collection! She was clearly not a "less is more" type of woman. ;-)

I would love to spend an afternoon sifting through all of these beauties. The brooches, the Van Cleef bracelet, the diamond briolette...just incredible.

VividRed

Brilliant_Rock
Am I right in thinking that the Sunrise Ruby is going to be sold in that forthcoming auction? It's already the most expensive coloured stone ever sold that isn't a diamond, selling for >$30 million.

I don't see any spinels in that collection. Tut tut. Not good enough! ;)2

I am willing to bet that it will sell for more than 50m.

I will place a bid on it, just for fun, so I can tell my grandchildren I was part of the journey :bigsmile:

toomuchB

Shiny_Rock
I am willing to bet that it will sell for more than 50m.

I will place a bid on it, just for fun, so I can tell my grandchildren I was part of the journey :bigsmile:

Unrelated to the Heidi collection: The 'FURA 55.22' ruby, the largest gem grade ruby from Mozambique, will be up for auction soon with an over 30 million estimate.

'The largest and most valuable ruby to ever appear at auction comes to #SothebysNewYork: The Estrela de FURA 55.22. Carrying an estimate in excess of $30M, the ruby is set to break auction records and will appear in our Magnificent Jewels sale this June.'
From Sothebys twitter:
Despite the advertising, I find it hard to believe that even at double the weight, this Moz ruby will sell for more than the Burmese Sunrise ruby. What does everyone else think?

adlgel

Shiny_Rock
Max, stop touching that diamond table with your fingers, driving me bananas!

I thought the same thing lol. I was very surprised he wasn't wearing gloves while handling this.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Max, stop touching that diamond table with your fingers, driving me bananas!

Love how you are on a first name basis with him! :lol-2:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those jadeite rings - perfect pools of liquid green, waiting for me to just dive in! Can you imagine owning a piece like this? I'm sure I would devote a good portion of my life to just gazing into it, that perfect placid green.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:oops2::oops2::oops2: Well now, isn't that about 32 million levels up from the little bubble I live in.

88_star

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I'll settle for one of the earrings. Who wants to go halfsies with me?

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
Unrelated to the Heidi collection: The 'FURA 55.22' ruby, the largest gem grade ruby from Mozambique, will be up for auction soon with an over 30 million estimate.

'The largest and most valuable ruby to ever appear at auction comes to #SothebysNewYork: The Estrela de FURA 55.22. Carrying an estimate in excess of $30M, the ruby is set to break auction records and will appear in our Magnificent Jewels sale this June.'
From Sothebys twitter:
Despite the advertising, I find it hard to believe that even at double the weight, this Moz ruby will sell for more than the Burmese Sunrise ruby. What does everyone else think?

Hmm...
ESTRELA DE FURA.jpg

Video

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blasphemous, I know, but I'm not super impressed with the purple in that ruby.:shifty:

I too am not keen on that stone - the colour is kind of dull for my liking.

I would not buy it myself, however, I shan't say no if it is given to me as a gift!

DK :lol-2:

toomuchB

Shiny_Rock

VividRed

Brilliant_Rock

From Sothebys twitter:

Agree, no chance

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium

OK, that's it -- enough with the thought control. Have you asked yourself why people keep posting here about the Nazi origins of this famous fortune? I think you are a hemisphere away from the crime scene but it still resonates for much of the developed world. I hope it casts an appropriate pall over this sale but evidently it will make no difference in some quarters.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results