shape
carat
color
clarity

The Great Diana Ring Search

sunflowerstate

Shiny_Rock
Hi, all! I am so EXCITED to finally be posting to this forum. I have been a lurker for many years and have ooohed and ahhhhed over all of your beautiful jewelry. I come to you in search of the ring nearest and dearest to my heart, the first piece of jewelry to put a twinkle in my eye.... Diana’s sapphire. I know it’s quite dark and has a bit of a tainted past, but I can’t help myself, I’m still in love with it after all these years!

I do not know much about colored stone buying and even after perusing this forum for ages I still feel at a loss. My budget is extremely low, probably around $2,000, and I’m looking for something to scratch the itch of this ring. I have looked at natural stones, lab created, etc and I’m not for sure how to get the best bang for my buck. I am not against going over by budget a bit to find something that really tickles my fancy, but alas, I am only 24 and do not have a ton of funds to my name. This is a gift to myself for graduating from grad school, so it is quite special.

I would appreciate any help you lovely folks could offer me. I am not opposed to pre-loved! :)

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your grad school graduation! I'd recommend going on Blue Nile and James Allen and try "building" your own ring with a sapphire stone and halo setting. Looking forward to see what you find!

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think if you’re okay with darker stones and preloved, we could probably help you find something. Probably ready made would be easiest. If you have a large size requirement and you’re more specific about colour, then maybe I’d look at Those Stones We Can Discuss In The Other Section. ;-)

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Not an exact match by any means, but pretty. It's more 'evocative' of the Diana ring.

Out of price range, but you can always offer less and see where it goes.
Etsy will have many examples of Diana sapphire cluster style rings as well!

Last edited:

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
This is probably not what you are looking for as it has simulated sapphire (can be glass, plastic) and CZ, but looks very similar and you can't beat the price!

Kitten35

Shiny_Rock
I think the OP can find a natural ring in that price range. Especially for a darker sapphire (which I am not knocking btw, I love the Diana Ring and have always loved it) because they tend to be less since they are not trade ideal.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stone in Diana's ring always reminded me of the color of dark blue ink.

IMO a lid for every pot. Thats not my preference but people do love them and they hit a level of popularity again when Kate got engaged to William. I certainly remember the craze that ring stirred up the first go round....

seems like @maryjane04 hit the jackpot on the entire ring...lol

If you're not terribly picky on treatments, then going for an entire ring in this style is probably going to save you plenty. Its all about the size center stone you want (which of course means the bigger, the more you're gonna spend.)

sunflowerstate

Shiny_Rock
I think if you’re okay with darker stones and preloved, we could probably help you find something. Probably ready made would be easiest. If you have a large size requirement and you’re more specific about colour, then maybe I’d look at Those Stones We Can Discuss In The Other Section. ;-)

I may have to hop over to that section, LOL. I do consider that an option as well. At the end of the day, I just want something that makes me feel beautiful and looks like hers.

Hrm... I kinda like this.

https://etsy.me/2UJRFE3

the setting will probably take up more than half the budget if you do it separately.:think:

drool! I love that one. Especially the stone. This is one reason I like spinels, they just glow!

Does it need to be dark? Or do you just like the style? I think this is beautiful:

I absolutely adore that one. It does not need to be dark. :)

The stone in Diana's ring always reminded me of the color of dark blue ink.

IMO a lid for every pot. Thats not my preference but people do love them and they hit a level of popularity again when Kate got engaged to William. I certainly remember the craze that ring stirred up the first go round....

seems like @maryjane04 hit the jackpot on the entire ring...lol

If you're not terribly picky on treatments, then going for an entire ring in this style is probably going to save you plenty. Its all about the size center stone you want (which of course means the bigger, the more you're gonna spend.)

I am not picky whatsoever. All I care about is that the stone will last and that I could wear it everyday. I am nowhere in a tax bracket where I can be picky on these things LOL.
Slightly different look. Dolly could have a band added. Very much in budget.

She frequently gets Diana style rings in as well. I would message her and chat.

i have been eyeing this for a bit. I have actually spoken to dolly several times before over the last year or so in search of the ‘one’.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Check diamonds by Lauren

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on such a wonderful accomplishment! @sunflowerstate
Marking it with a special piece is a fantastic idea! I’m glad you’ve already been in contact with xothebijoubox. That’s who I thought of right away. Her prices are so fair. I’m sure you’ll come across the perfect piece soon!
I’ll keep my eyes peeled!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Also, take a look at Gold Adore. Many options there you may like.

voce

Ideal_Rock

What do you all think of this one?
Looks black on the finger from a distance.

This fits the bill. It has a window at the center but it does seem to close up on the hand. This ring looks well crafted in my humble opinion.

sunflowerstate

Shiny_Rock
Looks black on the finger from a distance.

This fits the bill. It has a window at the center but it does seem to close up on the hand. This ring looks well crafted in my humble opinion.

I noticed the window, but I think the color is good. What do you think of the diamond quality?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do not like the first ruby lane one. It will look almost black. The Effy one is better, but the window would drive me nuts. Plus, effy isn't known for using high quality diamond melee so that concerns me a bit

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

sunflowerstate

Shiny_Rock
A39E89DF-8AE4-4C09-BB9C-E8FE22488BF3.jpeg
5174B2A5-D52B-4743-B152-EBE2135BB3B8.png

I really like the second one, but it is a bit lighter than what I think I may want. I love the color of the round one!

sunflowerstate

Shiny_Rock
A few I found on Etsy...

I must admit I'm a sucker for the last one because it seems most Diana-like.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Yes, in terms of size, the last one is most like Diana's ring, but then the sapphire is black.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few I found on Etsy...

I must admit I'm a sucker for the last one because it seems most Diana-like.

Are you ok with a lab grown stone? Because that is what comes with the 2nd and 3rd rings. The last one has essentially a black sapphire. The first one seems too bright for the price so I assume its heavily treated, meaning it's very overpriced. If you are ok with a lab sapphire then I would do that. You can get something great within your budget.

voce

Ideal_Rock

Do any of the others seem good?

I don't think so. The first one is an example picture; I don't trust when the listing says AAA because that's highly subjective, and the sapphire you get is not the sapphire that's pictured and you could totally receive a too-dark one.

The second and third feature lab sapphires, so they are overpriced in my humble opinion.

sunflowerstate

Shiny_Rock
I don't think so. The first one is an example picture; I don't trust when the listing says AAA because that's highly subjective, and the sapphire you get is not the sapphire that's pictured and you could totally receive a too-dark one.

The second and third feature lab sapphires, so they are overpriced in my humble opinion.

Ahhh, dang. I didn't catch that they were lab created. Are there any other places I should be looking? I feel so in the dark here! :confused:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results