shape
carat
color
clarity

The giant rings thread... for lovers of big CS rings

RRfromR

Brilliant_Rock
Mine, I'm usually a band person, so these are a big break from my usual. Both emeralds, one art deco insignificant oil and the other one 1950s F1 / minor oil. The art deco one is 3 ct, i forgot the other one's size.

20231104_090128.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My 4 CS rings with Jeff White stones:

DK :))

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a very difficult relationship with blue but wanted to add a big blue to the collection.

Some candidates were zircon and aqua as I enjoy that more pastel shade. Never found an aqua that I liked and was worried that a honking zircon would chip easily so ended up with this baby blue sapphire. Tough enough and big enough!

IMG_1959.jpeg IMG_1957.jpeg IMG_1956.jpeg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a very difficult relationship with blue but wanted to add a big blue to the collection.

Some candidates were zircon and aqua as I enjoy that more pastel shade. Never found an aqua that I liked and was worried that a honking zircon would chip easily so ended up with this baby blue sapphire. Tough enough and big enough!

IMG_1959.jpeg IMG_1957.jpeg IMG_1956.jpeg

Omg, it's breathtaking!

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock
Is unheated as well!!!!! Squeeeeeeeeee

IMG_1961.jpeg

Just how big is that and how are you not broke after buying it? :shock::lol:

ETA: Oh, and why do you just nonchalantly drop it here instead of... I saw the other thread! You got it months ago! Why didn't you show it earlier? Why doesn't it have its own thread? Aaaa!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just how big is that and how are you not broke after buying it? :shock::lol:

ETA: Oh, and why do you just nonchalantly drop it here instead of... I saw the other thread! You got it months ago! Why didn't you show it earlier? Why doesn't it have its own thread? Aaaa!

I read other people’s threads and there is so much romance and thought that goes into each piece of jewellery. My quest to go big means that it’s always more of a practical exercise for me (I know it’s a weird word to use with jewellery but you get my drift) because there are always budget constraints.

*Gasp* sometimes I even have to settle!!! But I’m very ok with settling!

So I don’t make a thread because there’s no big romance behind the ring! I just wanted a big honker that can be seen from far away and this was the best I could do. And I wanted unheated! Not sure why but it was a thing for me with this ring. She’s a bit over 13 carats.

I was tempted to do one halo to save money but was advised that one halo would look sad on such a big stone so I went double with the marquise and I loooooove it!!!

Here she is at her worst (poor indoor lighting at night):

312d5210-878a-4abd-a19a-2b0da5261649.jpeg

Last edited:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is unheated as well!!!!! Squeeeeeeeeee

IMG_1961.jpeg

Wow, just wow, thanks for sharing your beautiful stone and ring!!! :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

True blues don't do a lot for me, hence I opted for a lab blue Asscher cut Sapphire from Gary (still unset) as I don't want to spend too much on an earth-mined blue Sapphire.

I too prefer a lighter and less saturated blue colour, so that I could better appreciate the cut quality.

DK :))

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm pretty sure my heart just stopped! Wow -- that is one DROP DEAD GORGEOUS RING!!!

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock
So I don’t make a thread because there’s no big romance behind the ring!

I'll dare to speak for everyone and say that the lack of big romantic backstory is very, very easily overlooked in the presence of such pictures! Honestly, can't get enough of them. This sapphire is stunning, and it looks stunning even at its worst, and if I had it on my hand, I wouldn't be able to walk 20 straight meters before bumping into something because I'm too busy staring at it.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Need to add this one to this thread as well!

IMG_1985.jpeg

I have always been a green girl but I must say the blue is not bad!

Here’s them battling it out

IMG_1958.jpeg
IMG_1984.jpeg

Another whopper, thanks for sharing! :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

DK =)2

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
GORGEOUS RINGS @mellowyellowgirl (damn smiley doesn’t work)
My 7-8ct corundums instantly became small & modest to my eyes

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That sapphire ring is amazing, and as for the double halo, you can never have too much bling as far as I’m concerned.

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
I read other people’s threads and there is so much romance and thought that goes into each piece of jewellery. My quest to go big means that it’s always more of a practical exercise for me (I know it’s a weird word to use with jewellery but you get my drift) because there are always budget constraints.

*Gasp* sometimes I even have to settle!!! But I’m very ok with settling!

So I don’t make a thread because there’s no big romance behind the ring! I just wanted a big honker that can be seen from far away and this was the best I could do. And I wanted unheated! Not sure why but it was a thing for me with this ring. She’s a bit over 13 carats.

I was tempted to do one halo to save money but was advised that one halo would look sad on such a big stone so I went double with the marquise and I loooooove it!!!

Here she is at her worst (poor indoor lighting at night):

312d5210-878a-4abd-a19a-2b0da5261649.jpeg

The double marquise halo is stunning! It looks like a wreath that is presenting the gorgeous sapphire to the viewer.

Your comment about the sapphire and emerald battling it out made me chuckle. Somehow reminded me of a Bulbasaur vs Squirtle type situation :geek2:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The double marquise halo is stunning! It looks like a wreath that is presenting the gorgeous sapphire to the viewer.

Your comment about the sapphire and emerald battling it out made me chuckle. Somehow reminded me of a Bulbasaur vs Squirtle type situation :geek2:

Omg I love it!!!! I’m totally going to name them Bulbasaur and Squirtle!!!! Those names are PERFECT for them!!!! They both have marquise settings too so you can say they are related “species” just like Bulbasaur and Squirtle are both Pokémon!

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
Omg I love it!!!! I’m totally going to name them Bulbasaur and Squirtle!!!! Those names are PERFECT for them!!!! They both have marquise settings too so you can say they are related “species” just like Bulbasaur and Squirtle are both Pokémon!

Hahah truly excellent names!

Now you just need a ruby Charmander to complete the set :P2

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
Need to add this one to this thread as well!

IMG_1985.jpeg

I have always been a green girl but I must say the blue is not bad!

Here’s them battling it out

IMG_1958.jpeg
IMG_1984.jpeg

Love them both, @mellowyellowgirl! So glam and elegant. :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:Yes please use the Pokémon names. Such fun. Oh dear, I am reading these posts before visiting the jeweller. Danger,,

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love them both, @mellowyellowgirl! So glam and elegant. :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:Yes please use the Pokémon names. Such fun. Oh dear, I am reading these posts before visiting the jeweller. Danger,,

Omg are you going soon??? Take pics for me if they allow it!!!!!!!’ Plzzzzzzzzzzzz

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
I am not sure if these qualify as gigantic, but here goes!

Galaxy - cuprian tourmaline, spinel, sapphire.

IMG_3003.jpeg

Jadeite and diamonds.

IMG_3002.jpeg

Crimson and friends

IMG_3001.jpeg

Minerva
IMG_3004.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results