color
clarity

The First Distinctive Emerald Cut Beauty

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Diamond Girl 21 I really love the double prongs. I think they are done beautifully! Do you love having an emerald cut? I think of them as very chic.

Thank you!!! Jon used his master bench and I think they did a great job. I do really love emerald cuts. It doesn't have as much sparkle as my MRB, but the flash is really incredible. Even in a dark room, it catches any ambient light and returns lovely pastels.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stunning! It’s so gorgeous!

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love your new ring so much! The pastel flashes are gorgeous and the setting is perfect!

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your new ring so much! The pastel flashes are gorgeous and the setting is perfect!

Thank you!!! I really didn't expect to see so much flash, so I was pleasantly surprised. It's even better in person. The setting is a real departure from my norm, so I'm still getting used to the classic simplicity of it.

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you!!! I really didn't expect to see so much flash, so I was pleasantly surprised. It's even better in person. The setting is a real departure from my norm, so I'm still getting used to the classic simplicity of it.

I know step cuts don’t sparkle like brilliant cuts, but how would you describe the fire on this stone?

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know step cuts don’t sparkle like brilliant cuts, but how would you describe the fire on this stone?

My first thought was large and in charge...lol! I see a lot of fire in direct or bright light, that appears as traditional rainbow colors. In darker areas, it picks up ambient light, and throws off various shades of pastels. Instead of many points of sparkling fire you get from a modern round brilliant, it flashes large long bars of fire that alternate with white flash. The flashes are often multiple colors. It's hard to describe. I would say it doesn't "dance" like a round, but the fire appears more intense because of the larger facet structure and flash. It's not a "quiet" emerald cut. I hope that makes sense. Jon has some videos you might want to check out, but I think seeing one in person would be best.

baublelove

Rough_Rock
I don't even have my ring yet, but I'm so excited I just had to post now.

Let me start by saying that Jonathan, @Rhino, of Distinctive Gem and his wife Vicki were absolutely wonderful to work with. Jon is talented, knowledgeable, personable, and has the patience of a saint. Trust me, I put him to the test. ;-) They are truly the nicest people to deal with. The custom cutting program is amazing! I cannot recommend Distinctive Gem more highly.

I was originally looking for a colorless 3 to 3.5 ct emerald cut lab grown diamond with high clarity and a great cut. I found a very promising candidate, and contacted Jon so he could vet it for me. It was a very pretty diamond, but it just didn't feel quite right for me. After discussing my options with him, I decided to go with custom cutting. I trusted Jon completely, so I gave him free reign to choose HPHT or CVD. I believe we targeted 3.50 to 3.80ct, G+, VS1+.

When Jon shared the images and specs of the finished diamond with me, I was truly blown away. My only concern was the color. I'm not going lie, I definitely panicked for a bit due to being super color sensitive. But once I saw it IRL, I was totally in love. The optics are amazing!!! It looks fabulous in all kinds of light, flashes like crazy, and looks completely white on the finger. There is a tiny pink tint when viewed table down against white paper, but I prefer that to yellow, so it's a plus for me. There is also some stria, but it does not affect the transparency, and is completely eye clean. My husband called my attention to the fact that I literally gasped when I opened the package to see the loose diamond, so yes, I definitely love it!

The final specs as graded by GCAL are:

4.01ct
10.90 x 7.76 x 5.19
G
VVS2
1.40:1 ratio
CVD Type lla
No fluorescence
No post growth treatment.

Jon also designed the setting in 950 platinum, and used his master bench to complete it.

I am thrilled!!! I definitely look forward to working with Jon again in the future.

I attached a couple of images from Jon, as well as one shot I took while it was in it's temporary setting. I'm sure there will be more once I get my baby home. 20220202_182818.jpg 20220202_182617.jpg

GORGEOUS!!! :kiss2: Yours is the big sister to my DG LG EC (alphabet soup or Wordle, anyone? :lol-2:)! Jonathan and Vicki are the best. Wear her in good health! What band are you pairing with it if you are going to wear one with it?

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GORGEOUS!!! :kiss2: Yours is the big sister to my DG LG EC (alphabet soup or Wordle, anyone? :lol-2:)! Jonathan and Vicki are the best. Wear her in good health! What band are you pairing with it if you are going to wear one with it?

Thank you! Your ring is stunning; absolute perfection!❤

I wear it alone because I don't like the feel of stacked rings. Normally I choose settings that are much heavier and wider with more side stones, because that style looks better on my finger. I love this classic, elegant look, but I'm not sure it looks good on me. I've already been thinking about a new setting, but for now I'm just going to enjoy it as is.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results