shape
carat
color
clarity

The First Distinctive Emerald Cut Beauty

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't even have my ring yet, but I'm so excited I just had to post now.

Let me start by saying that Jonathan, @Rhino, of Distinctive Gem and his wife Vicki were absolutely wonderful to work with. Jon is talented, knowledgeable, personable, and has the patience of a saint. Trust me, I put him to the test. ;-) They are truly the nicest people to deal with. The custom cutting program is amazing! I cannot recommend Distinctive Gem more highly.

I was originally looking for a colorless 3 to 3.5 ct emerald cut lab grown diamond with high clarity and a great cut. I found a very promising candidate, and contacted Jon so he could vet it for me. It was a very pretty diamond, but it just didn't feel quite right for me. After discussing my options with him, I decided to go with custom cutting. I trusted Jon completely, so I gave him free reign to choose HPHT or CVD. I believe we targeted 3.50 to 3.80ct, G+, VS1+.

When Jon shared the images and specs of the finished diamond with me, I was truly blown away. My only concern was the color. I'm not going lie, I definitely panicked for a bit due to being super color sensitive. But once I saw it IRL, I was totally in love. The optics are amazing!!! It looks fabulous in all kinds of light, flashes like crazy, and looks completely white on the finger. There is a tiny pink tint when viewed table down against white paper, but I prefer that to yellow, so it's a plus for me. There is also some stria, but it does not affect the transparency, and is completely eye clean. My husband called my attention to the fact that I literally gasped when I opened the package to see the loose diamond, so yes, I definitely love it!

The final specs as graded by GCAL are:

4.01ct
10.90 x 7.76 x 5.19
G
VVS2
1.40:1 ratio
CVD Type lla
No fluorescence
No post growth treatment.

Jon also designed the setting in 950 platinum, and used his master bench to complete it.

I am thrilled!!! I definitely look forward to working with Jon again in the future.

I attached a couple of images from Jon, as well as one shot I took while it was in it's temporary setting. I'm sure there will be more once I get my baby home. 20220202_182818.jpg 20220202_182617.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220202-185530_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20220202-185530_Photos.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_20220129-212629_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220129-212629_Chrome.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_20220129-212636_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220129-212636_Chrome.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!! I would be chomping at the bits and stalking my tracking number to get this!! It's beautiful!! Can't wait for you to get in your possession so we can see hand shots!!! Congrats!!

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock

Let me start by saying that Jonathan, @Rhino, of Distinctive Gem and his wife Vicki were absolutely wonderful to work with. Jon is talented, knowledgeable, personable, and has the patience of a saint. Trust me, I put him to the test. ;-) They are truly the nicest people to deal with. The custom cutting program is amazing! I cannot recommend Distinctive Gem more highly.

I was originally looking for a colorless 3 to 3.5 ct emerald cut lab grown diamond with high clarity and a great cut. I found a very promising candidate, and contacted Jon so he could vet it for me. It was a very pretty diamond, but it just didn't feel quite right for me. After discussing my options with him, I decided to go with custom cutting. I trusted Jon completely, so I gave him free reign to choose HPHT or CVD. I believe we targeted 3.50 to 3.80ct, G+, VS1+.

When Jon shared the images and specs of the finished diamond with me, I was truly blown away. My only concern was the color. I'm not going lie, I definitely panicked for a bit due to being super color sensitive. But once I saw it IRL, I was totally in love. The optics are amazing!!! It looks fabulous in all kinds of light, flashes like crazy, and looks completely white on the finger. There is a tiny pink tint when viewed table down against white paper, but I prefer that to yellow, so it's a plus for me. There is also some stria, but it does not affect the transparency, and is completely eye clean. My husband called my attention to the fact that I literally gasped when I opened the package to see the loose diamond, so yes, I definitely love it!

4.01ct
10.90 x 7.76 x 5.19
G
VVS2
CVD Type lla
No fluorescence

Jon also designed the setting in 950 platinum, and used his master bench to complete it.

I am thrilled!!! I definitely look forward to working with Jon again in the future.

I attached a couple of images from Jon, as well as one shot I took while it was in it's temporary setting. I'm sure there will be more once I get my baby home. 20220202_182818.jpg 20220202_182617.jpg

Stunning!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Omg please post a million pictures !!!! Literally one million!!!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Drooling already! :kiss2:

This is stunning & I cannot wait to see handshots!!

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Wow - it’s gorgeous!! I can only imagine the flashes of light coming off of it! Can’t wait to see more pictures when it arrives.

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! :clap:
Since it is lab created diamond, you should post in the Lab Grown Diamonds forum; Show me the bling forum is only for earth mined diamonds.

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock

4.01ct
10.90 x 7.76 x 5.19
G
VVS2
CVD Type lla
No fluorescence

This is gorgeous! Perfect proportions! I look forward to seeing more photos when it arrives. :love: :love: :love: :love:

Since it is lab created diamond, you should post in the Lab Grown Diamonds forum; Show me the bling forum is only for earth mined diamonds.

I speak with no authority, but I do not think this is an accurate statement. A lab created diamond is a genuine gemstone, and I thought they were specifically allowed here.

I definitely want to see all diamonds in SMTB!!! (I also want to see pearls - waiting for that restriction to be changed!)

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the setting as is.

Do you mean the picture I took in the box? That's just a temporary setting that holds a loose stone. It looked great in it though.

Last edited:

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
I speak with no authority, but I do not think this is an accurate statement. A lab created diamond is a genuine gemstone, and I thought they were specifically allowed here.
For me it's pretty clear, but I might be wrong
Point 2.1

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just beautiful! Can't wait to see handshots!!

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow - it’s gorgeous!! I can only imagine the flashes of light coming off of it! Can’t wait to see more pictures when it arrives.

Thank you! I've only seen it in the temporary setting, but it flashed like crazy.

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you! Yes, I will. I apologize, I've seen other lab diamonds posted in Show Me The Bling, so I thought it was ok to do so.

Last edited:

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is gorgeous! Perfect proportions! I look forward to seeing more photos when it arrives. :love: :love: :love: :love:

I definitely want to see all diamonds in SMTB!!! (I also want to see pearls - waiting for that restriction to be changed!)

Thank you so much! I'm very excited, and thought lab diamonds were allowed to be shown here as well. The mods can feel free to move it of necessary. I appreciate and share your opinion.

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For me it's pretty clear, but I might be wrong
Point 2.1

Again, I apologize. I simply wasn't aware of that, especially since I've seen other LGs posted in SMTB. Feel free to ask the mods to move it.

Last edited:

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks again to everyone who responded. I reported the post, and asked the mods to move if necessary.

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
It’s absolutely gorgeous! The stone is perfection of course, and I love the setting- just substantial and special enough but the EC is the shining star!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results