shape
carat
color
clarity

The eagle has landed!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my "temporary" (now permanent, LOL) stone in it''s new Jack Kelege setting. I have to confess it seems a bit "much" to me right now, but hopefully RSS (RING shringage syndrome) will set in soon because the whole thing feels a bit honkin'' big at the moment! Sorry for the lousy pics--the weather is not cooperating today and I''ve been moving all over the house looking for the best light.

in box 10001.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

in box0001.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

on box0001.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

profile shot0001.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

angle shot0001.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

angle shot20001.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

hand10001.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

hand20001.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

hand30001.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

hand40001.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
With wedding ring (although I probably won''t really wear them together).

with wwr10001.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

with wwr20001.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

with wwr30001.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last one for now!

hand outside0001.jpg

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow DeeJay that ring is absolutely amazing!!!
10.gif
I think you did great with your pictures considering the lack of sunshine. The detail in your new setting is incredible and it really shows off that big beautiful diamond of yours. I have never seen a Jack Kelege setting and I am duly impressed. I think it looks fine with your band, but I really prefer it by itself. It is too simply too gorgeous to share the limelight with any other ring! I hope you have created the ring of your dreams - it is certainly dreamy and I think you will adjust to the size just fine!!!
9.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sundial, I think you''re right about wearing it by itself. I figured I would try it with my wedding ring, but I like it alone better.

There were two things that I thought would bug me. One is that it IS a round diamond in a square hole and so there are tiny gaps at the corners if you move the ring in the right way, but for some reason I think I''m going to be OK with it. Also, the bezel around the traps is not milgrained, but every other edge on the ring is. The jury is still out on that one; I might end up sending it back to Kelege to get the bezel edge milgrained too.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Dee*Jay, you are so lucky!!! That ring is such a beautiful creation...
30.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY!!!! DJ, it does look huge but seriously gorgeous. the detail is just amazing. I cannot wait to see it in person. How is the transition from the pear sides you''ve been looking at for so long?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG!!!!! I love your ring Dee*Jay!!!!! It looks awesome on you!!!!! Congrats and wear it in the best of health!!!!!!

3hearts

Shiny_Rock
it''s beautifully HUGE !!!!
30.gif

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
That is so WONDERFUL! LOOKS LIKE ICE!!!! SO SO SO SO SO PERFECT DEE JAY!

Please take more pics :)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am in LOVE WITH IT!!!!!
Send SPEC's please!!!!! Soon. I am drooling. hee heeeeee
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I see it is a round brilliant, wowzers, that fire!!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh dee jay - I can''t believe you wanted to hold out for something BIGGER lol! I think you''ve hit the motherload!!!! hehe - it''s perfect, really :) I love the details!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOWZA!~!~! What a whopper - it''s gorgeous!! Congrats Dee!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/23/2006 11:47:06 AM
Author: Dee*Jay
Sundial, I think you''re right about wearing it by itself. I figured I would try it with my wedding ring, but I like it alone better.

There were two things that I thought would bug me. One is that it IS a round diamond in a square hole and so there are tiny gaps at the corners if you move the ring in the right way, but for some reason I think I''m going to be OK with it. Also, the bezel around the traps is not milgrained, but every other edge on the ring is. The jury is still out on that one; I might end up sending it back to Kelege to get the bezel edge milgrained too.
I would prob get it milgrained too for my own sense of consistency - though it would make it stand out more as a 3 stone and could possibly eversoslightly emphasize that aspect of it.... right now the traps look like glaciers or something, not distinctly different diamonds, but I''d still milgrain it unless you like that textural contrast :) They both would work IMO but maybe someone will photoshop some milgraining in there for you!

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! I happen to think your band looks very cute with it too!

This is one remarkable and amazing ring. You are so lucky - enjoy that beauty!!!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Dee Jay!

It is stunning. Don''t worry about the bling, you''ll get used to it!
My DH really likes your RB in that setting, he said, Hmm, never thought you could do that,

More pics!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, Dee Jay! What a gorgeous, gorgeous setting!!! Kelege settings are certainly right up there with the best!!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous new setting!!! The work on this ring is exquisite, I love the scroll work on the sides. It does look quite large, but I love the look! It looks awesome on your hand. Congratulations on your reset.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the comments gals! I think it looks bigger in these pictures (in a relative sense on my hand) that it does in real life because IRL your hand is moving and you rarely see the ring straight on. I''m *getting* used to it, but I have to say that if I had had any idea what direction I would go with the setting I would have gotten a smaller center stone to begin with. It is quite blingariffic though!

Unfortunately I don''t have any specs on the setting yet. The jeweler rushed to get this set for me yesterday and when I went to pick it up last night (after the store was really closed) we agreed that he can send me the appraisal with all the detail next week. He was looking a big haggard at that point (as were the rest of the staff) and he told me he would be lucky to get everything done by the time the Fed Ex guy showed up for the last pick-up at 9:00. Oh, the holidays!

If the sun ever shines here in the midwest again I will take some more pictures, maybe holding a few objects to give some better perspective so it doesn''t seem so overwhelmingly giant, LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results