shape
carat
color
clarity

The dress of your dreams

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Diamond Confused

Shiny_Rock
Is the dress you selected what you had originally thought you would want your wedding dress to look like?

I always dreamed of an ivory, duchess satin, mermaid strapless dress. When I finally tried dresses on, the ones that I loved were white, silk tafetta with straps, a-line or full skirt.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is the original dress I wanted (Nina Ricci silver gown of infamy):

sarah-jessica-parker-satc-premiere-04.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
What I ended up getting was more refined instead of the ethereal quality that the Nina Ricci gown afforded, although probably only 10% of the original gown's price. But still the strapless, flowy kind of skirt, and the color. I had to have the color. That was numero uno on my want list. If I had gone white, it would have been a huge sacrifice.

This is what I got (Badgley Mischka dove gray gown):

dovegraydifferentangle sized.jpg

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Mine would have been an old-school Galina, Jim Heljm, or Fink. Soft candlelight silk, reembroidered alencon lace, touches of pink roses, long sleeves, perhaps an illusion neckline, and a drawstring train. Something decidedly feminine and old fashioned...I like the classics much better than the gowns of today.

03d3_3.JPG

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
My dream dress: Lazaro 3818
30.gif
that I found recently on preownedweddingdresses.com. Thank god I already have my dress or I would be convulsing!!
lazaro%203818%20back.jpg

And my actual dress. Not too far off!
21.gif

sunnyddress2.jpg

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock

I, honestly, never once thought of what my wedding dress would look like. Weird, right? I just knew it would be some shade of white and probably floor length.

I saw this dress in a magazine right after getting engaged and it became my dream dress. 6 months later, I ordered it

9.gif
It was a little more than the original budget, but as most girls will tell you, it''s worth it! I was kind of feeling lazy about the wedding planning, but ordering my dream dress really made me much more excited about planning.

lf drew2.jpg

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Oh, that''s cute!!!
36.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Aww, thanks Winks Elf!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I don''t have pics, but I had always imagined something floaty, chiffon and very dreamy looking.

Now I am going much more elegant, fitted, a smidge sexy even? You will have to wait until December to see pics! It''s a one off so there are no links.
11.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is the first wedding dress I ever clipped from a magazine - WAY back in the beginning of high school. I think I was 14 and dating my first boyfriend at the time
3.gif

museysoriginaldreamgown.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is the first gown I loved while actually planning my wedding (almost ten years later). It was the first dress I tried on and it was, and still is, true love
30.gif

museysfirstplanningdresslove.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
And this is my wedding gown (on the model and on me, guess which one's me
3.gif
lol). I truly loved the Clara (the one above), and still do, but was convinced that I'd later regret hiding my body under a flowy empire dress. Thing is, it ended up not being able to be taken in enough, so my waist looked bigger in it than it was. Oh well. I did love it, even so
30.gif
it was just ironic!

museysactualweddinggown.jpg

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
My first love was the Maggie Sottero Vernice. I never got to try it on though. I loved the fact that it came in silk and appeared to slim the waste. I also loved the asymmetrical folds and sweetheart neckline.

ETA: The file doesn't appear to be showing. Here is a link.

Maggie Sottero Vernice

msvernicepricescope.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
The dress I ended up with has a much less structured look and no corset back, no sweetheart neckline. Its a ton more fitted than I ever thought I would go for but I sorta felt like Musey- I didn't want to hide my figure beneath a gown. Its the Marisa 737 in ivory. Two layers of silk organza with an alencon lace applique that covers the bodice and trails off down the skirt. I love the soft romantic look of the hem and am just dying to wear it! I plan on pairing it with pink silk flats.

ETA: Link to my \"This is the dress!!\" thread.

marisafront32323879.jpg

Lynny0780

Rough_Rock
i just started looking through magazines and online ive seen lots of nice ones but so far this is my favorite! i couldnt get the picture from the maggie sottero site so i found this other site with it. so sorry about the words in the middle.

1022.jpg

Lynny0780

Rough_Rock
oops that was the wrong one! this is it. haha

RD1044.jpg

ysj99

Shiny_Rock
I originally thought I''d get married in a very simple, mermaid, satin dress with just a thin line of beading, like this: http://www.jlmcouture.com/Jim-Hjelm/Bridal/Additional/Style-8759. Mom thought that was "too simple." lol

Then I tried on A-line dresses and found that I liked those, then some "wrappy" style dresses and thought I''d go with that style... then even some ballgown styles (for my dear mother) and *shockingly* considered those as well!

Eventually, I did find something. It was more trumpet than mermaid, but definitely more ornate than what I originally had in mind. Mom loved that it was more ornate, I loved that it was close to the original silhouette I had in mind, but with the "poof" of a gown. lol, basically, I was lucky to find this unique hybrid dress that met some aspect of all the dresses I loved!

8759.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/19/2009 6:38:35 PM
Author: Winks_Elf
Mine would have been an old-school Galina, Jim Heljm, or Fink. Soft candlelight silk, reembroidered alencon lace, touches of pink roses, long sleeves, perhaps an illusion neckline, and a drawstring train. Something decidedly feminine and old fashioned...I like the classics much better than the gowns of today.
Hmmm... I know you're not asking for suggestions, but your dream dress really resonates with me, so I'll offer anyway...

http://www.preownedweddingdresses.com/dresses/1073/Romona-Keveza--1014-Size-12.html
http://www.preownedweddingdresses.com/dresses/4014/Romona-Keveza-Diana-Size-10.htmlhttp://www.preownedweddingdresses.com/dresses/6419/Christina-Wu--Size-8.html

End of threadjack!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
This was my dream dress. (apologies for the bad photo quality). It''s a mock-neck, short-sleeve lace sheath dress with beaded bodice trim from Vera Wang''s 2005 collection. I love, love, love this dress... sigh...

IMG_4271.jpg

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 11:18:59 PM
Author: Lynny0780
oops that was the wrong one! this is it. haha
I''ve never seen this dress before, and I think it''s stunning!!!!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
CDNManuelMota5.JPG

This is the dress I ended up with... There are some similarities.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
When I used to think of my wedding years ago I used to love A-line and ball gowns. I fell in love with maggie sottero rosemary leigh. I loved everything about it and still think it looks nice but my taste totally changed. I actually tried it on though on one of my shopping trips and it did nothing for my figure.

beefirstlike.jpg

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
when I got engaged and started looking at pics there was only one dress that held my fancy and I still love looking at pics of it.

firstlovebee.jpg

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
When I went to try on my dream dress I fell in love with my actual dream dress. It''s from the same designer and is basically an updated model of my first dream one. I adore it.

beedressloveit.jpg

lovesparklies

Shiny_Rock
Before I was even engaged I imagined a strapless ballgown with lace involved somehow. I wanted a big skirt because if not for your wedding, then when? I also figured a big skirt would disguise any pooch I might have.

Then when I was engaged and started saving my favorite dresses, I still liked lace and strapless, but mostly A-lines and ones with a ribbon at the waist.

When I actually tried on dresses I realized that ballgowns are very heavy and hot, and I was drawn to very light organza dresses as opposed to heavy satin ones. The ribbon at the waist cut me off and made me look shorter than the 5''3'''' I am. They were more fitted than I expected, too. So in the end, what I picked out was on a smaller scale (more fitted, less poufy) than I originally thought but still had the romantic feel I always knew I wanted.

Here''s my Christos dress (pre-fittings, those start in March):

The Dress 036.jpg

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
The dress that I wanted! Marisa 730

f679dc8971840f1451d5288e603d1ff3_s.jpeg

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
My actual dress

9d8d0fa4e75492a713e01eb40e53f015_s.jpeg

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
With my blue shoes!

c508a37f3ce039da72114bfe642c697e_s.jpeg

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 2:12:23 PM
Author: bee*
When I used to think of my wedding years ago I used to love A-line and ball gowns. I fell in love with maggie sottero rosemary leigh. I loved everything about it and still think it looks nice but my taste totally changed. I actually tried it on though on one of my shopping trips and it did nothing for my figure.
Bee* I
30.gif
that dress too, I''m going to a Maggie stockist store to try it on next weekend! Love the sleeves and the cinched in waist and full skirt... The first dress that I saw that I loved was Maggie Sottero, Camden. But after trying on dresses I found I didn''t like strapless on me at all. The one I have actually tried on that I big puffy heart love and will probably buy unless something else really knocks me off my feet is totally different - high lace neck, shimmery sparkles...really I''m only holding off ordering it now because I have time and dress shopping is so much fun. But watch this space!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 3:12:01 PM
Author: Porridge
Date: 2/20/2009 2:12:23 PM

Author: bee*

Bee* I
30.gif
that dress too, I''m going to a Maggie stockist store to try it on next weekend! Love the sleeves and the cinched in waist and full skirt... The first dress that I saw that I loved was Maggie Sottero, Camden. But after trying on dresses I found I didn''t like strapless on me at all. The one I have actually tried on that I big puffy heart love and will probably buy unless something else really knocks me off my feet is totally different - high lace neck, shimmery sparkles...really I''m only holding off ordering it now because I have time and dress shopping is so much fun. But watch this space!

Can''t wait to hear how you get on!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results