shape
carat
color
clarity

The December LIW small talk thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Man I am digging those Stuart Weitzmans.... sooo cute.
30.gif

Freke, my FF loves the Mythbusters too. I never turn it on myself, but I have to say, it''s not a bad show. Pretty entertaining.

Good Luck with your finals, Freke! When are you done?

prettylnpink419

Shiny_Rock
SunnyD - My BF and I loooove Fringe! It is the one show we watch every week together...he''s not crazy about the other shows I watch...too girly for him I think! I think it is probably one of the most interesting shows to watch. I don''t know how they come up with all of these crazy ideas!

I highly recommend it to anyone that hasn''t seen it. They are going to be playing repeats for a few weeks so you can definitely get caught up!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve never even heard of Fringe. (I''ve been told more than once that I must live under a rock)

What channel is it on?

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/10/2008 2:18:42 PM
Author: elledizzy5
I''ve never even heard of Fringe. (I''ve been told more than once that I must live under a rock)

What channel is it on?
It''s on Fox. The only reason I''ve seen any of it is because it''s on right after House on Tuesdays (the only show we watch regularly). I have a love/hate relationship with it. It totally sucks me in, but it kinda creeps me out too. We usually don''t watch it because SO really doesn''t like watching creepy stuff. LOL

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t watched FOX since The O.C. (yes, guilty)

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
ILA, I love the Biggest Loser! I cried like a baby last night.... I also love Intervention but I feel like I''ve seen them all and they''re always re-runs. If you''ve seen the one with Hubert, that one''s my favourite
1.gif

Our fave shows are:
Grey''s Anatomy
Survivor
Gossip Girl
Heroes (mostly BF)

I''ve really cut back on my TV watching these days...my list used to be way longer!!!

Freke, I love the Betsey Johnson''s. Her shoes are just too cute!

This is a great idea.

My weekend was:
Friday: Baked a German Chocolate cake for BF
(Meanwhile, BF is out to dinner for his families Holiday GTG! The 3 year IN A ROW that I wasn''t invited to.)
BF comes back from a SERIOUSLY 5 hour dinner, and says, "Aww a cake! That''s what I had for dessert tonight."
38.gif

Saturday: Running around. Worst shopping day EVER. We had some gifts to get and just exhausted ourselfs. My momma made us dinner that night. It was ok.

Sunday: Barely got to see him because he had football and condo meeting that day.
38.gif

So, I''m hoping this weekend I can get some alone time. For the last two months it''s been constant parties, birthdays, crap to do!
32.gif

Thanks for starting this thread!

Date: 12/10/2008 11:20:34 AM
LOVING The Office, and 30 Rock right now.
36.gif

Can''t wait til season 8 of Scrubs comes on in January. I''m addicted to that show. Best. Show. Evar.

I''ve only seen a couple of episodes of Its Always Sunny, and I wasn''t impressed. But so many people speak so highly of it... maybe I should watch more?
33.gif

Guilty Pleasure: The Hills.. I know, I know. Shameful.
38.gif
I can quote most of The Office. I am obsessed with that show. It''s the best!!
11.gif

30 Rock is pretty good too. Have you seen Kath&Kim yet?

OK it's going to seem like I watch A LOT OF TV, but I really don't, and normally just catch up on episodes online!

My favorites:

Greys
Desperate Housewives (though, this year is really weird)
Dexter (dvds)
30 Rock
THE OFFICE
The Mentalist
Eleventh Hour
CSI NY, LAS VEGAS, and MIAMI hehehe
Family Guy
Pushing Daisies
Criminal Minds
Private Practice
And sometimes Gossip Girl

and my favorite HGTV one is.. ahhh! I am blanking on the name, but the one with the $2000 budget and they fix the home up so people want to buy it :)

EDIT: Duh, I also LOVE HOUSE and Fringe is ok!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2008 3:50:16 PM
Author: sammyj
Our fave shows are:

Survivor
YAY!!! I just love this show. I've watched it since season 1 and don't get tired of it. I actually watch it with my Mom. We record it on DVD then go back and watch. The finale is this Sunday. I'm not sure when we will get to watch it. Probably Monday night....did you watch last weeks episode?

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2008 4:50:06 PM
Author: swedish bean
Date: 12/10/2008 11:20:34 AM

LOVING The Office, and 30 Rock right now.
36.gif

Can''t wait til season 8 of Scrubs comes on in January. I''m addicted to that show. Best. Show. Evar.

I''ve only seen a couple of episodes of Its Always Sunny, and I wasn''t impressed. But so many people speak so highly of it... maybe I should watch more?
33.gif

Guilty Pleasure: The Hills.. I know, I know. Shameful.
38.gif

I can quote most of The Office. I am obsessed with that show. It''s the best!!
11.gif

30 Rock is pretty good too. Have you seen Kath&Kim yet?

I have seen Kath & Kim! I think it''s so stupid that it''s funny, and FF hates it. I should just DVR it and watch it when I''m home alone.

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
ILA, I love the Biggest Loser! I cried like a baby last night....
FF and I are Biggest Loser fanatics!! It''s such a good show...Teaching people how to eat and exercise and take care of their bodies...really good leason
4.gif

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/10/2008 5:11:20 PM
Author: Dreamgirl

Our fave shows are:

Survivor
YAY!!! I just love this show. I've watched it since season 1 and don't get tired of it. I actually watch it with my Mom. We record it on DVD then go back and watch. The finale is this Sunday. I'm not sure when we will get to watch it. Probably Monday night....did you watch last weeks episode?
Yes...I *think* I did..haha. Last week feels like forever ago.

Ok. I just paused to think about what happened and I definitely watched it and loved it!!!! Glad things worked out the way they did because the goodbye speech (just in case you didn't watch it but I assume you did Dreamgirl?) was identical to grossdisgustingnasty Randy's! I always root for the underdog (unless he's delicious like Colby) and I'm totally cheering for Kenny!!!!!!!!!!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Ok so since we have both seen it then I'm gonna comment on it...
31.gif
I can't stand Corinne!!!! What did you think about Matty and Jamie on the dock? That was sooooo sweet. He was all giddy and stuttering. It was adorable, I had tears in my eyes. I'm rooting for Matty, Sugar or Bob. Suzie is ok...I don't care much for Crystal. I think Kenny is letting the game get to his head a little. But I see your point about him...

ETA: I was looking at cbs.com during lunch today and they have these video clips called "Ponderosa" that I had no clue about. Anyway, they have scenes they filmed of the jury members spending time in Africa after being voted out. It's pretty good.

Date: 12/10/2008 5:13:17 PM

I have seen Kath & Kim! I think it''s so stupid that it''s funny, and FF hates it. I should just DVR it and watch it when I''m home alone.
I sooo agree. It''s SO STUPID it''s kinda funny. I haven''t seen the last few episodes, but Selma Blair is pretty funny..

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Oh my god, they could not have found a better actress than Selma Blair to play that part. I LOVE that show!!! It''s so funny. Like purposefully stupid intelligent funny. If you understand what the hell I just said you get a gold star...lol, is it time to go home yet?!?!
3.gif

Fringe is like Lost (same creator and/or writer) but scientific, not on an island. And it''s quite funny. Silly Walter...

LOST lost me when I couldn''t keep up with the episodes. I''ve decided to wait until the WHOLE series is over, and watch the 800 hrs on dvd :D

And yes, Kath&Kim... it''s so funny to see their outfits, the house... "Kath with you do me the favor of turning Day into Knight?" (haha or something like that)

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I want to join in...

I have not watched TV in a month....can''t talk about the shows.

I am sure you don''t want to hear my heavy medical stuff, the last two weeks were stressful. I am glad to be done with an intensive care unit.

I am feeling a little under the weather myself. I am hoping to fight it off. I think it is just a little cold. I hear you all on the hand washing. I probably wash my hands 20-40 times a day (it is not obsessive, I have to b/f and after patient contact). I have managed to wear down the white gold in my RHR in less than 6 months :(.

Other than that, I got a new mac book. Typing on it right now. A fun early Christmas present.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2008 1:46:39 PM
30.gif

Freke, my FF loves the Mythbusters too. I never turn it on myself, but I have to say, it''s not a bad show. Pretty entertaining.

I''m done Tuesday afternoon. It starts at 12:30 and its done when I''m done...which should be about 1, because it''s a normal test...

I''m done with three of six classes as of now. I''m taking an incomplete in one because I missed class last Thursday and I didn''t turn in a project that was due then (I''ll finish in the Spring), and I''m not going this week either. Then I have a final on Monday (7:30am!)and then that final on Tuesday.

And I like the explosions on Mythbusters.

When are you done with your finals?

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2008 10:09:21 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker
I am feeling a little under the weather myself. I am hoping to fight it off. I think it is just a little cold. I hear you all on the hand washing. I probably wash my hands 20-40 times a day (it is not obsessive, I have to b/f and after patient contact). I have managed to wear down the white gold in my RHR in less than 6 months :(.
Goodness!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2008 10:25:55 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Date: 12/10/2008 1:46:39 PM

30.gif

I''m done Tuesday afternoon. It starts at 12:30 and its done when I''m done...which should be about 1, because it''s a normal test...

I''m done with three of six classes as of now. I''m taking an incomplete in one because I missed class last Thursday and I didn''t turn in a project that was due then (I''ll finish in the Spring), and I''m not going this week either. Then I have a final on Monday (7:30am!)and then that final on Tuesday.

And I like the explosions on Mythbusters.

When are you done with your finals?

I am also done Tuesday afternoon around 4. Man, I can''t wait.

LOL @ the Mythbusters comment, the explosions are definitely the best part.

So you''re graduating in Spring, or finishing the incomplete in spring?? I graduate in spring next year. Long time coming, seeing as how I graduated high school in 2000. I''ve been taking my sweet ass time.
20.gif

So, did you decide on the Stuart Weitzmans??
31.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2008 6:25:47 PM
Author: swedish bean

Date: 12/10/2008 5:13:17 PM

I sooo agree. It''s SO STUPID it''s kinda funny. I haven''t seen the last few episodes, but Selma Blair is pretty funny..
Have yet to see it but I must admit, I am intrigued every time I see a commerical for it...

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2008 5:30:32 PM
Author: ams0124

ILA, I love the Biggest Loser! I cried like a baby last night....
FF and I are Biggest Loser fanatics!! It's such a good show...Teaching people how to eat and exercise and take care of their bodies...really good leason
4.gif
I LOVE THIS SHOW TOO! I watch it because I love seeing the transformations. Next week is the finale baby!!! I was so happy for last years contestants (I started watching last year). I can't believe how great Ally looks now..its amazing really. My boyfriend doesn't like the show because he thinks it heavily exploits people with weight problems. And I admit some thing aren't necessary, but I don't think its exploitation, as much as it is a dose of reality that they want and need.

Anyway, I love the show! Who do you want to win????

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I love biggest loser too!

But I don''t like Heba LOL. I really just don''t. I was happy that she got to stick around only because of her strong desire to get out of the 200s but other than that I really just don''t like her.

The other girl that is still on the black team (can''t remember her name right now) is gorgeous! When the show started I thought she was so beautiful and couldn''t wait to see her transformation. She is still so beautiful and has such a great spirit. I hope she wins. LOL

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2008 11:27:11 AM

So you''re graduating in Spring, or finishing the incomplete in spring?? I graduate in spring next year. Long time coming, seeing as how I graduated high school in 2000. I''ve been taking my sweet ass time.
20.gif

31.gif
FF likes to laugh at Adam and Jamie''s antics too. They actually came and gave a talk here in NM once, and I paid for tickets to go check it out, and he LOVED it.

I''m finishing the incomplete in the spring. I''m also taking a core science, a core math, and 3 supposedly easy upper level Sociology classes. I will graduate in December 2009, so pretty much a year from now. And I also graduated high school in 2000. What''s ridiculously stupid is that when I graduate with my BA, I will have 228 (total--from all three institutions) credits, and in 2011 or whenever FF gets his PhD, he''ll graduate with 229 credits. Don''t get me started.

I''m going to go order the SWs now. EEK! I''m really excited about them!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2008 1:38:02 PM
Author: fieryred33143

But I don''t like Heba LOL. I really just don''t. I was happy that she got to stick around only because of her strong desire to get out of the 200s but other than that I really just don''t like her.

The other girl that is still on the black team (can''t remember her name right now) is gorgeous! When the show started I thought she was so beautiful and couldn''t wait to see her transformation. She is still so beautiful and has such a great spirit. I hope she wins. LOL
Michelle!!!! Yay!! She''s my pick too. I love her. I love that she doesn''t let the blue team get to her. Can you believe she lost 9 pounds at the last weigh-in?! How does one do that?

Heba is beautiful too but I don''t like the way she was bullying the others. I really, really, really don''t like Vicky. She annoyed the hell out of me all season because she was mean to many of the others. Also, who feeds their children McDonalds and other fast food joints everyday and brings them to get like 4 doughnuts a piece? Its absurd.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2008 1:56:39 PM
Author: Bia

Michelle!!!! Yay!! She''s my pick too. I love her. I love that she doesn''t let the blue team get to her. Can you believe she lost 9 pounds at the last weigh-in?! How does one do that?

Heba is beautiful too but I don''t like the way she was bullying the others. I really, really, really don''t like Vicky. She annoyed the hell out of me all season because she was mean to many of the others. Also, who feeds their children McDonalds and other fast food joints everyday and brings them to get like 4 doughnuts a piece? Its absurd.
Yeah I don''t like Vicky either!

I think the good thing about this show is that it teaches the parents that things like McD''s every day is not healthy for anyone. Hopefully when she gets back home she''ll make healthier choices not only for herself but for her whole family.

Yay Michelle!

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/11/2008 1:59:00 PM

Date: 12/11/2008 1:56:39 PM
Author: Bia

Yeah I don''t like Vicky either!

I think the good thing about this show is that it teaches the parents that things like McD''s every day is not healthy for anyone. Hopefully when she gets back home she''ll make healthier choices not only for herself but for her whole family.

Yay Michelle!
I don''t like Heba either...Something about her just screams bi**h!! I almost have to change the channel when she talks!!! That "i''m embarassed for you so I can''t watch" feeling...yuck!
14.gif

I LOVE MICHELLE!!! She has by far been the best person on this show!! She reminds me so much of Ally from last season. Overcoming personal issues with her mom, her self esteem, and now her weight! I just love her so much...
30.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2008 1:52:31 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Date: 12/11/2008 11:27:11 AM

20.gif

31.gif

FF likes to laugh at Adam and Jamie''s antics too. They actually came and gave a talk here in NM once, and I paid for tickets to go check it out, and he LOVED it.

I''m finishing the incomplete in the spring. I''m also taking a core science, a core math, and 3 supposedly easy upper level Sociology classes. I will graduate in December 2009, so pretty much a year from now. And I also graduated high school in 2000. What''s ridiculously stupid is that when I graduate with my BA, I will have 228 (total--from all three institutions) credits, and in 2011 or whenever FF gets his PhD, he''ll graduate with 229 credits. Don''t get me started.

I''m going to go order the SWs now. EEK! I''m really excited about them!

Man, Freke, we are in the same boat! I''m on my FOURTH school (don''t ask.
20.gif
) and have close to 200 credits. My major is also sociology. I love high level soc classes. Any class that is gen-ed/core class I find intolerable. I hate when the profs are focused on freshmen-esque classes. They teach like high school teachers and it annoys the crap out of me. High level sociology classes are interesting and thought-provoking. I just finished a soc/crim class exam about an hour ago. One of my best classes ever --- Law & Society. It almost made me wish I did criminal justice instead of soc.

Glad you''re going with the Stuarts. Lets see some pics when you get ''em!!
31.gif
30.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2008 2:56:32 PM
Man, Freke, we are in the same boat! I''m on my FOURTH school (don''t ask.
20.gif
) and have close to 200 credits. My major is also sociology. I love high level soc classes. Any class that is gen-ed/core class I find intolerable. I hate when the profs are focused on freshmen-esque classes. They teach like high school teachers and it annoys the crap out of me. High level sociology classes are interesting and thought-provoking. I just finished a soc/crim class exam about an hour ago. One of my best classes ever --- Law & Society. It almost made me wish I did criminal justice instead of soc.

Glad you''re going with the Stuarts. Lets see some pics when you get ''em!!
31.gif
30.gif
Now I''m curious about the 4 schools....

Believe it or not, my major is Psychology. I know it doesn''t make any sense for me to be taking only Soc classes, but that''s the way the cookie crumbles I guess. In actuality, they are renovating one of the main buildings on campus (it needs it! Badly!) and so all of the upper level Psych or Soc classes are clumped together at the same times. Add that to the fact that the Psych department decided to SUCK with their class offerings, and suddenly I''m taking a bajillion upper level Soc classes. All in a row.

I''ve only had one class that challenged me, it was Classical Sociological Theory. Otherwise, all of the Soc and Psych upper levels I''ve taken have sucked hardcore--meaning that they were very much like high school-esque classes. I''m into discussion and bouncing back and forth of ideas. Not so much into quizzes, final exams, and busy work...ahem...I mean homework. I''m sure you know what I mean.

My current Soc prof (who is very into the high schoolesque stuff) found out that FF and I are dating (he''s a PhD student in the department) and now FF is freaked out, wondering how many people think that I took his class and that''s how we met. Which is SO NOT TRUE. I decided on a Soc minor because he was around, and because why would I pass up the chance to do a Soc minor when I have a Soc expert sitting on the other side of the couch? Ugh.

Ok, that was random, but I had to share because it''s been bugging me.

Oh, and FF is actually a Criminological Statistician (to put a label on it). He has no interest in Sociology, but our University doesn''t offer graduate studies in Crim. So I''m sure you guys feel much the same way...

What classes are you taking next semester?

I ordered the SWs just now. Tee hee hee!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results