shape
carat
color
clarity

The count-down begins ...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
They don''t like you? Excuuuse me, but I don''t even think they like HIM
23.gif

I imagine your poor FI growing up in a household like living with Queen Elizabeth. Children to be seen and not heard. No real heart to hearts. No hugs. Lot''s of discipline?

They just don''t seem like very caring or generous people Harriet, and I don''t think they would be welcoming ANY daughter in law. If it was just about you, they''d still be nicer to him.

I think they are stinky parents, and you''re welcome to share my opinion with FI
29.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2008 10:57:27 AM
Author: purrfectpear
They don''t like you? Excuuuse me, but I don''t even think they like HIM
23.gif

I imagine your poor FI growing up in a household like living with Queen Elizabeth. Children to be seen and not heard. No real heart to hearts. No hugs. Lot''s of discipline?

They just don''t seem like very caring or generous people Harriet, and I don''t think they would be welcoming ANY daughter in law. If it was just about you, they''d still be nicer to him.

I think they are stinky parents, and you''re welcome to share my opinion with FI
29.gif
Purr,

I''m not sure about they not liking him, but they definitely put Precious Wecious over him. When FI was applying to college, they just told him to apply to the state school (thankfully, it''s a good one), instead of encouraging him to look at others. When Precious Wecious decided that he wanted to be an auteur, they took him to visit various film schools, including USC!

I don''t understand. There are a lot of hugs and no discipline (witness Precious Wecious).

I''m going to use the "C" word -- they are cheap.

I already have!
9.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
For FI''s sake, I''m going. Soon. If you don''t hear from me by Sunday evening ...

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I survived the weekend with the ILs! They didn''t bring up the Precious Wecious issue. But, they didn''t offer a single congratulations on our upcoming wedding and referred to our honeymoon as a "vacation!"

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
You need a T-Shirt that says "I survived the In-Laws"
11.gif

I''m glad it went OK. I just can''t believe they ignore the wedding. I bet FI is beginning to see his parents in a new (unflattering) light
38.gif

Your day will be wonderful and filled with joy. It''s their loss.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
so they are totally passive aggressive. I am not surprised in the least.

glad you made it, sure your guy appreciates it.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Purr,
FI himself is upset and will be addressing the issue with the ILs. I did not have to prompt him! Good idea about the T-shirt.

DF,
Neither am I.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am not sure his having it out is going to matter. Seems he has tried to clear things before to no avail. I think it is time for acceptance. Doubt they will have this epiphany as to how they impact others and do a 180 degree personality change. I mean, he can try, but doubt it will accomplish much. But it might help him see things!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Harriet,

Good Grief!!! We just came back from being away this weekend and I just read all that happened. I am so glad you survived this weekend with those horrible people.

How are you feeling????? Are you OK???

Love, Mom Linda
9.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2008 8:30:15 PM
Author: diamondfan
I am not sure his having it out is going to matter. Seems he has tried to clear things before to no avail. I think it is time for acceptance. Doubt they will have this epiphany as to how they impact others and do a 180 degree personality change. I mean, he can try, but doubt it will accomplish much. But it might help him see things!
He himself is upset. He''s not going to duke it out with them, but he wants to question them. Good for him!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2008 8:54:43 PM
Author: Linda W
Harriet,

Good Grief!!! We just came back from being away this weekend and I just read all that happened. I am so glad you survived this weekend with those horrible people.

How are you feeling????? Are you OK???

Love, Mom Linda
9.gif
Hi Mom Linda,

Did you have a good weekend?

I''ve been having terrible GERD since the morning, but am otherwise alright. Thanks for asking.

Hugs.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good for him but he should not get his hopes up. I know the psychology of people like this. It is good he is going to take a stand, but I just caution you to know it is unlikely to cause a huge change. At least he will get it out in the open.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Harriet Dear: Yes, we had a nice weekend away. I am so sorry you aren''t feeling well. I wouldn''t either being around them. Just the thought would give me a stomach ache.

How many more days now 12, until your wedding??

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Harriet what did the doctor say when you and your FI went to the doctors appt Friday? I hope you feel better soon and I am glad you went to see the family for your FI's sake. Have fun in Newport next weekend!!! eta: Do you have a photographer for the wedding day??

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2008 11:18:55 PM
Good for him but he should not get his hopes up. I know the psychology of people like this. It is good he is going to take a stand, but I just caution you to know it is unlikely to cause a huge change. At least he will get it out in the open.
He knows that we will never change them, but he wants an explanation for this one.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2008 11:21:01 PM
Harriet Dear: Yes, we had a nice weekend away. I am so sorry you aren''t feeling well. I wouldn''t either being around them. Just the thought would give me a stomach ache.

How many more days now 12, until your wedding??
9.gif

Yes!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2008 11:34:50 PM
Author: Skippy123
Harriet what did the doctor say when you and your FI went to the doctors appt Friday? I hope you feel better soon and I am glad you went to see the family for your FI''s sake. Have fun in Newport next weekend!!! eta: Do you have a photographer for the wedding day??
My doc said that my recovery has been slower than he had hoped.
7.gif
Will do! Um, not yet.
4.gif

P.S. A monkey handkerchief will make me better.
2.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY!!! Well, you just concentrate on that now and nothing else.
36.gif
Just think of that glorious honeymoon you are going to have.
9.gif
30.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2008 11:54:02 PM
Author: Harriet

Date: 7/27/2008 11:34:50 PM
Harriet what did the doctor say when you and your FI went to the doctors appt Friday? I hope you feel better soon and I am glad you went to see the family for your FI's sake. Have fun in Newport next weekend!!! eta: Do you have a photographer for the wedding day??
My doc said that my recovery has been slower than he had hoped.
7.gif
Will do! Um, not yet.
4.gif

P.S. A monkey handkerchief will make me better.
2.gif
You and your monkey hankerchief's; that boat has already sailed
25.gif
2.gif
LOL How about you make me a monkey hankie!
2.gif
Hopefully meds will clear it up soon!
12.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t sew!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Uh oh. 11 more days and no officiant or photographer!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Harriet, this is me e slapping you. GET IT TOGETHER WOMAN. Do you want to get married? An officiant is helpful if you do! Or get married and have no photographic memories? You CAN DO THIS!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Harriet dear, now listen to mom Linda. What In The World Are You Waiting For?????????
27.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ah, because FI has taken over the logistics.
9.gif
36.gif
He wants me to rest and get rid of this darn GERD.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, clearly he dropped the ball so GERD or not you have to do this. MEN...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would have a photographer for your up coming honeymoon crusie. that would be nice. Yes, your FI sounds super busy, don't leave it up to him like wise DF said. Can you find someone on such short notice?

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope you can find someone right away. When do you leave on your wonderful cruise?? I hope is it ASAP and you can rest.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2008 12:11:39 AM
Well, clearly he dropped the ball so GERD or not you have to do this. MEN...
I think he feels bad because last weekend took such a toll on me. I''m not complaining about his taking over.
2.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2008 12:14:09 AM
I would have a photographer for your up coming honeymoon crusie. that would be nice. Yes, your FI sounds super busy, don't leave it up to him like wise DF said. Can you find someone on such short notice?
Believe it or not, I just received e-mails from a possible officiant and a possible photographer! You ladies brought luck!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2008 12:16:43 AM
I hope you can find someone right away. When do you leave on your wonderful cruise?? I hope is it ASAP and you can rest.
I still haven''t worked it out with my firm.
14.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results