shape
carat
color
clarity

The count-down begins ...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes she is TG, I also saw that picture. Harriet is adorable!!!!!!!! We remember that picture dear Harriet.
9.gif
She is tiny and petite. OK Harriet, I spilled the beans on you. tee hee

Linda

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/22/2008 11:42:03 PM
Author: Linda W
Are you going away on a honeymoon at all?? You don''t have to say where. If you are, that will be calm and relaxing.
Yes, but I have to sort things out at work first. We''re targeting the Amalfi Coast and then a Mediterranean Coast.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful honeymoon that will be Harriet!! Peaceful and relaxing.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/22/2008 11:53:02 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Hey Harriet, I know what it''s like to freak out at the idea of marriage, but you will be fine.

And for the record, I know what you look like (I was online when you goofed and posted the pic of you and your man) and you are lovely.
Pinky swear?

Busted! Thanks.

P.S. I''ve been searching for a pic of Amelia and can''t find any.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/22/2008 11:55:15 PM
Yes she is TG, I also saw that picture. Harriet is adorable!!!!!!!! We remember that picture dear Harriet.
9.gif
She is tiny and petite. OK Harriet, I spilled the beans on you. tee hee

Linda
Uh oh. I'm so photo-shy that I even managed to keep my photo off my firm's website. Shh.

I wish I were petite, but I'm not. That photo was misleading because FI is 6"2.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/23/2008 12:36:27 PM
Author: Harriet

Date: 7/22/2008 11:53:02 PM
Hey Harriet, I know what it''s like to freak out at the idea of marriage, but you will be fine.

And for the record, I know what you look like (I was online when you goofed and posted the pic of you and your man) and you are lovely.
Pinky swear?

Busted! Thanks.

P.S. I''ve been searching for a pic of Amelia and can''t find any.
There are some on the mommy thread in the Family forum (which are easier to find than the ones on the preggo thread, if only because the mommy thread is shorter).

Hm..not sure if I can pinky swear that you WILL be fine, but speaking only for myself, I was seriously ill at the thought of being tied down forever and once the ceremony was over, I was fine. Been fine ever since. Probably a lot like the way guys are (most seem cool with it once it''s done and over with...it''s the engagement part that is the problem.)

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
True what TGal said. You will be fine Harriet. You have been with FI for a long time now. Relax and get a massage!! tee hee.

mom Linda

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/23/2008 12:28:43 PM

Date: 7/22/2008 11:42:03 PM
Are you going away on a honeymoon at all?? You don''t have to say where. If you are, that will be calm and relaxing.
Yes, but I have to sort things out at work first. We''re targeting the Amalfi Coast and then a Mediterranean Coast.
Mediterranean cruise, I mean.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
You could always take a few of us along you know. Purely in the interest of keeping you calm, I volunteer to take one for the team
9.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/23/2008 1:04:29 PM
There are some on the mommy thread in the Family forum (which are easier to find than the ones on the preggo thread, if only because the mommy thread is shorter).

Hm..not sure if I can pinky swear that you WILL be fine, but speaking only for myself, I was seriously ill at the thought of being tied down forever and once the ceremony was over, I was fine. Been fine ever since. Probably a lot like the way guys are (most seem cool with it once it''s done and over with...it''s the engagement part that is the problem.)
She''s so cute and happy!

It is the forever part that''s scaring me. It''s a relief to know that you went through the same thing and emerged fine.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/23/2008 1:08:16 PM
True what TGal said. You will be fine Harriet. You have been with FI for a long time now. Relax and get a massage!! tee hee.

mom Linda
Good idea!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/23/2008 7:43:54 PM
Author: purrfectpear
You could always take a few of us along you know. Purely in the interest of keeping you calm, I volunteer to take one for the team
9.gif
Nice try, but I wouldn''t be surprised if my ILs tried to come along.
9.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Harriet dear, when can you safely travel and when is your leave til at work?

I would make sure my health is under control before my honeymoon, or you won''t be able to eat all of that delicious food and wine on your trip!

Tell the in laws your cruise is a family free zone. I would not allow that, I know you are joking but my in laws would have done that if we had let them.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Are you any better today?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/23/2008 7:58:59 PM
Author: diamondfan
Harriet dear, when can you safely travel and when is your leave til at work?

I would make sure my health is under control before my honeymoon, or you won''t be able to eat all of that delicious food and wine on your trip!

Tell the in laws your cruise is a family free zone. I would not allow that, I know you are joking but my in laws would have done that if we had let them.
I''m seeing my doctor on Friday and he''ll be re-assessing the situation.

9.gif

6.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/23/2008 9:05:09 PM
Author: Miranda
Thanks for asking. My tootsies have warmed up but it''s almost that darned weekend.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, do you feel better? That is usually a good indication. I know three people who just had abdominal cat scans and endoscopies. The stomach stuff is rampant. I need to get to the bottom of mine. I am sure you are on the mend.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, I do. I hope you''re on the mend too.
P.S. I met katebar today! She''s lovely.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/23/2008 10:29:07 PM

Date: 7/23/2008 9:05:09 PM
Thanks for asking. My tootsies have warmed up but it''s almost that darned weekend.
Oh no! And you don''t even drink! Have any sedatives you can bring with you?

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Harriet, the cruise sounds wonderful. What a fantastic way to relax.

Beth

Shiny_Rock
It may be time for an intervention at the Day Spa Ladies.

Harriet....you can get through this. It is a very scary time but it is worth it in the end. I think you need a treat. I may have to book you in myself. Seriously - get a four handed massage and a hydrating body wrap, a microdermabrasion facial, mani pedi, and a deep conditioning treatement for your hair with a very light trim, and whatever waxing etc you may want done. Sit in the sauna and drink peppermint tea. Don't make me have to fly across the world to straighten you out. Then you get on with what needs getting done - pronto which includes venue and photographer and a cake. And also a man to come over and do your hair at home the day of. And make sure he is gay. lol. Preferably named Pierre. You may not go to your new husband in drip dried hair. That is a spanking offense. Break the to do's down into manageable tasks and schedule when to do them. Try to accomplish something each day and that will give you something to focus on rather than this overwhelming fear of the unknown. It is okay to be a scardey cat. It is actually normal and a good sign. You are taking this seriously.

I adore you and am here if you need to scream or want some phone calls made or a particular flower found etc. I've got your back and I owe you one from when you helped me last Christmas and I pay my social debts..... ANYTHING....... Beth

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/23/2008 11:27:10 PM
Oh no! And you don''t even drink! Have any sedatives you can bring with you?
Not enough.
7.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2008 7:18:46 AM
Author: Beth
It may be time for an intervention at the Day Spa Ladies.

Harriet....you can get through this. It is a very scary time but it is worth it in the end. I think you need a treat. I may have to book you in myself. Seriously - get a four handed massage and a hydrating body wrap, a microdermabrasion facial, mani pedi, and a deep conditioning treatement for your hair with a very light trim, and whatever waxing etc you may want done. Sit in the sauna and drink peppermint tea. Don''t make me have to fly across the world to straighten you out. Then you get on with what needs getting done - pronto which includes venue and photographer and a cake. And also a man to come over and do your hair at home the day of. And make sure he is gay. lol. Preferably named Pierre. You may not go to your new husband in drip dried hair. That is a spanking offense. Break the to do''s down into manageable tasks and schedule when to do them. Try to accomplish something each day and that will give you something to focus on rather than this overwhelming fear of the unknown. It is okay to be a scardey cat. It is actually normal and a good sign. You are taking this seriously.

I adore you and am here if you need to scream or want some phone calls made or a particular flower found etc. I''ve got your back and I owe you one from when you helped me last Christmas and I pay my social debts..... ANYTHING....... Beth
Oh Beth, you darling.

I know I can get through this. It''s this darn weekend with the ILs that I have to survive. I hope that doesn''t cause a rupture between FI and myself.

I had a hair cut yesterday. I''m off for a facial and massage today. I might get my hair highlighted next week. Plus a mani-pedi. You know what would be even better? A week down under!

Ugh. No cake, officiant, photorapher or venue yet.

No debt, ok? I did what I did because I wanted to.
9.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m venting yet again. Please excuse me.

We just realised that MIL has shown next to no interest in our wedding (and this is while we were on good terms). All she''s asked is whether her siblings were invited, to book them a hotel, and for the restaurant''s website. She''s not asked if we were ready (my mum has been calling to see if we are, emotionally and logistically); what we would be wearing; if she could help; what we would like as a wedding gift; if they could contribute financially (we don''t need them to, but the gesture would have been nice). Even though our wedding has been whittled down to a quiet ceremony, they''ve not suggested flying 2 hours to see their son get married either! FI is furious as well.

I don''t think it''d be healthy for me to deal with them this close to our wedding. FI agrees, but has not offered to let me off the hook for this weekend.

I love him dearly (and vice versa), but we shouldn''t be dealing with their crap two weeks before our big day.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2008 1:40:49 PM
I''m venting yet again. Please excuse me.

We just realised that MIL has shown next to no interest in our wedding (and this is while we were on good terms). All she''s asked is whether her siblings were invited, to book them a hotel, and for the restaurant''s website. She''s not asked if we were ready (my mum has been calling to see if we are, emotionally and logistically); what we would be wearing; if she could help; what we would like as a wedding gift; if they could contribute financially (we don''t need them to, but the gesture would have been nice). Even though our wedding has been whittled down to a quiet ceremony, they''ve not suggested flying 2 hours to see their son get married either! FI is furious as well.

I don''t think it''d be healthy for me to deal with them this close to our wedding. FI agrees, but has not offered to let me off the hook for this weekend.

I love him dearly (and vice versa), but we shouldn''t be dealing with their crap two weeks before our big day.
Then simply ask him nicely to "let you off the hook".
2.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Harriet, I need to say a couple of things to you so you might be able to put this into perspective. I get how you feel, trust me no one despised their in laws more than me, and my mother in law is just beyond awful.

You are 33 years old and have the finances to have this wedding. At 33, knowing that you two are fine financially, I would not expect nor want my in laws, whom I dislike, to have any financial involvement in my wedding. That is a path I would not go down, because you are opening yourself to more problems. Even if you know you do not want the money, or would not take it, it is just not needed for them to ask. Let them give you a lovely gift for your new home or whatnot, but other than that they should keep their wallets away from your wedding.

Also, you do not want them there. For hubby''s sake I get it, but you are having a small intimate ceremony and I would say that you will be so much happier to not have them that I think it is best to be thankful and move on from it.

I might say also that I personally would have found it odd for our parents to be asking if we were emotionally ready to wed, especially at 33 and 6 years together. To me, you are adults, you live together, and have made a decision to spend your lives together. Just not helpful to me to have that input, but maybe you feel differently. It would seem a bit provocative to me.

They will NEVER be what you want them to be. You must, for your sake, your hubby to be''s sake, and your marriage, accept this. Deal with them as minimally as you can, and ignore the rest. If you do not want to go see them and feel this is not a good time, do not go. You are on a medical leave from work. This visit, so close to your wedding, is inappropriate if you are unwell. All you should be doing is getting well. It seems like your reflux is pretty severe to warrant a leave and I would make sure that anything that stressed me was eliminated if possible. There should be no more pressure or unreasonable expectations on you. If your hubby to be wants to go, let him. End of story.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Caroline,
Thanks for putting things into perspective. It's just that we, especially FI, are terribly disappointed in their lack of interest in our commitment to spend our lives together.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2008 3:22:59 PM
Author: Ellen
Then simply ask him nicely to ''let you off the hook''.
2.gif
I just spoke with my doctor. He said that, because of the stress it''s causing me, I should NOT go. I reported that to FI. FI said that the consequences to him of my not going are worse than those to me!

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
What a bunch of un-needed drama. I''m so bummed for you that this can''t just be a time to chill and look forward to the wedding
7.gif

I agree with a lot of what Diamondfan said, but I do think it strange that they haven''t even mentioned "what would you two like for a wedding gift". It''s just rudeness and total self absorbtion on their part IMO.

Do I understand that they are not planning on attending their son''s wedding
23.gif

If that''s the case, keep your buns home and tell FI that you shouldn''t even have to discuss why you have no familial obligation to them. They are the ones who tuned you both out and are ignoring this significant event.

Besides, not only are you stressed, but you DO have planning to do (and you''d better get moving on it kiddo).

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2008 3:59:30 PM
Author: purrfectpear
What a bunch of un-needed drama. I''m so bummed for you that this can''t just be a time to chill and look forward to the wedding
7.gif

I agree with a lot of what Diamondfan said, but I do think it strange that they haven''t even mentioned ''what would you two like for a wedding gift''. It''s just rudeness and total self absorbtion on their part IMO.

Do I understand that they are not planning on attending their son''s wedding
23.gif

If that''s the case, keep your buns home and tell FI that you shouldn''t even have to discuss why you have no familial obligation to them. They are the ones who tuned you both out and are ignoring this significant event.

Besides, not only are you stressed, but you DO have planning to do (and you''d better get moving on it kiddo).
Thanks for the sympathy, purr (may I call you that?).

Is that the "selfishness" of which he stand accused?
2.gif

You understand correctly. Now that FIL had that surgery, he can''t. But, they weren''t planning too even before that! Like Caroline said, it''s for the better!

Planning? What''s that?
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results