shape
carat
color
clarity

The count-down begins ...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2008 11:55:44 PM
Author: Miranda

Date: 7/21/2008 11:50:49 PM
Author: Harriet
What''s the calm down song?
Sit down.
Shut up.
And behave.

haha - I don''t have one if you can believe it. I can think of one quickly, though. Just ask DH? I sing all the time. My poor family.
38.gif
Do you have a good voice?

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Oh goodness! It is HORRIBLE. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. LOL, I don''t care, though. I sing anyway!
19.gif

The kids have banned me from singing (especially to the cat) when they have friends over.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lol.

Calm down, Harriet. Calm down ...

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Yes. Calm down. Deep breaths.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m spending the day with Eva tomorrow. She''s a calming presence, but she doesn''t sing.

P.S. The white dress should be ready on Friday.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Will you wear the white dress or the red dress for the ceremony?

I''m glad to hear you are spending some time with Eva...And her camera!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
The white.
I had to bail on Eva.
5.gif
Will you write me a 'calm down' song?
9.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Awww honey. I''m sorry. Are you really that tense?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes.
15.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/22/2008 9:35:30 PM
Yes.
15.gif
You guys have been together 6 years, can you imagine life without him?? I would go get a message and think about how happy you are with him. Everyone goes through this, you will be okay, he is a good guy!!!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Relax...Everything will be fine. It sounds like you need the Chin Up Charlie song from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Seriously, before our wedding I was so tense that I almost called it off. Not because of DH. It was the thought of being married that made me crazy. Just breathe...

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/22/2008 9:39:38 PM
Author: Skippy123
You guys have been together 6 years, can you imagine life without him?? I would go get a message and think about how happy you are with him. Everyone goes through this, you will be okay, he is a good guy!!!
Even you?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/22/2008 9:41:56 PM
Relax...Everything will be fine. It sounds like you need the Chin Up Charlie song from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Seriously, before our wedding I was so tense that I almost called it off. Not because of DH. It was the thought of being married that made me crazy. Just breathe...
Exactly.
And those ILs don''t help either.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/22/2008 12:10:38 AM
I''m spending the day with Eva tomorrow. She''s a calming presence, but she doesn''t sing.

Can she hum a few bars of something?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/22/2008 10:05:24 PM
Date: 7/22/2008 9:41:56 PM

Exactly.

And those ILs don''t help either.

Harriet, you have the rest of their lives with them. You must find a way to deal or you will spend a lot of time unhappy. I know this for a fact. They will NOT change. All you can do is find a way to deal and make sure you have hubby''s support or you are in for unpleasantness.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/22/2008 10:23:13 PM
Author: diamondfan

Date: 7/22/2008 12:10:38 AM

Can she hum a few bars of something?
She doesn''t need to. She''s one of the calmest people I''ve ever met.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/22/2008 10:25:26 PM
Harriet, you have the rest of their lives with them. You must find a way to deal or you will spend a lot of time unhappy. I know this for a fact. They will NOT change. All you can do is find a way to deal and make sure you have hubby''s support or you are in for unpleasantness.
Sigh. You''re right.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just want to prepare you for the inevitable. It will be a bumpy road with the in laws. I have nearly 20 years experience to call upon.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Harriet,

I hope you and Eva have a wonderful day together tomorrow. I have a wonderful girlfriend, who also has a calming presence around me. I value her friendship dearly. I call her "gods gift to me". I am so glad you have a friend in Eva.

Love to you,
Linda

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Double sigh, DF.

Linda, I had to bail on Eva today because I was up sick last night. But I am meeting Katebar tomorrow!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is what it is and you must be prepared. It is going to be a part of the dynamic.

How are your cold tootsies?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I need a pair of fluffy bunny slippers.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cold feet still?

Harriet, I certainly would not presume anything about your fiance or your relationship. He sounds like a keeper, and most times cold feet mean little other some some nerves and nothing more. But here and there, our guts tell us things. I am sure that is not your situation, but try to think of the big picture. For some, cold feet do mean something. For most, they do not.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH NO Harriet, is your stomach acting up again??????? I hope you are feeling better today.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/22/2008 11:34:58 PM
Cold feet still?

Harriet, I certainly would not presume anything about your fiance or your relationship. He sounds like a keeper, and most times cold feet mean little other some some nerves and nothing more. But here and there, our guts tell us things. I am sure that is not your situation, but try to think of the big picture. For some, cold feet do mean something. For most, they do not.
Yes.

He is a keeper and I couldn''t do any better (no, no self-esteem issues on my part). It''s just nerves. I''m sorry I keep subjecting all of you to my whinging.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/22/2008 11:35:18 PM
Author: Linda W
OH NO Harriet, is your stomach acting up again??????? I hope you are feeling better today.
I am, mom.
1.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Harriet sweetie pie,

You will be OK. My daughter was nervous too. Everyone goes through it. I did too, going on 28 years ago
9.gif

You will be just fine, you wait and see.

Mom Linda
35.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are you going away on a honeymoon at all?? You don''t have to say where. If you are, that will be calm and relaxing.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
No worries!

Just saying that almost all of the time, cold feet are not indicative of anything. Yes, occasionally they can be, but for the most part nerves are pretty common and typical. Once you are married you will feel a bit more settled I am sure.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Harriet, I know what it''s like to freak out at the idea of marriage, but you will be fine.

And for the record, I know what you look like (I was online when you goofed and posted the pic of you and your man) and you are lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results