shape
carat
color
clarity

The count-down begins ...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, I hope they will let you go ASAP you need the rest. And YAY for an email from the photographer and the officiant

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2008 12:19:32 AM
Author: Harriet

Date: 7/29/2008 12:16:43 AM
Author: Linda W
I hope you can find someone right away. When do you leave on your wonderful cruise?? I hope is it ASAP and you can rest.
I still haven''t worked it out with my firm.
14.gif
Whaaat? I hope you get that worked out pronto. You need to sail away and quick. I hope the photographer and officiant work out as well. Best of luck!!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, they emailed you at midnight? We had some dust out!

I did not say you minded him taking over, but hey, 11 days out and no one booked is not, in my opinion, successfully taking over. You could have had it done weeks ago and he is still dilly dallying like most men.

If you are on leave, going on the honeymoon should not be an issue, or am I missing something? I assumed you were on leave so were going while you were. You must be careful though since all the yummy food is verbotten on the reflux diet. Reflux tendencies are for life, but you can mitigate them with proper diet, not lying down too soon after meals and taking the proper meds. Cruises are ALL about the food, so chose carefully! Not feeling well on your glorious honeymoon after all the trauma you have been through would not be good!

Beth

Shiny_Rock
Hope you feel better soon. It is good to hear that the IL weekend is behind you and there is some progress on the wedding arrangement front. Is the Chanel ready yet or did I miss that?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2008 12:27:20 AM
Author: Linda W
Well, I hope they will let you go ASAP you need the rest. And YAY for an email from the photographer and the officiant
Thanks, Mom Linda!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2008 12:42:26 AM
Author: Kaleigh
Whaaat? I hope you get that worked out pronto. You need to sail away and quick. I hope the photographer and officiant work out as well. Best of luck!!!
Thanks, Kaleigh. We''re not planning to leave immediately because of my medical condition.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2008 12:47:08 AM
Author: diamondfan
Wow, they emailed you at midnight? We had some dust out!

I did not say you minded him taking over, but hey, 11 days out and no one booked is not, in my opinion, successfully taking over. You could have had it done weeks ago and he is still dilly dallying like most men.

If you are on leave, going on the honeymoon should not be an issue, or am I missing something? I assumed you were on leave so were going while you were. You must be careful though since all the yummy food is verbotten on the reflux diet. Reflux tendencies are for life, but you can mitigate them with proper diet, not lying down too soon after meals and taking the proper meds. Cruises are ALL about the food, so chose carefully! Not feeling well on your glorious honeymoon after all the trauma you have been through would not be good!
Yes, you did!

We only decided against City Hall a couple of weeks ago, remember? And we, er, completely forgot about the phoog.

We''d like to settle my medical condition before any major travelling, which means a later honeymoon. Thanks for the advice. Hope yours is under control!
35.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2008 4:52:59 AM
Author: Beth
Hope you feel better soon. It is good to hear that the IL weekend is behind you and there is some progress on the wedding arrangement front. Is the Chanel ready yet or did I miss that?
Thanks, sweet Beth. I have my second-to-last fitting this Friday!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Harriet, been SUPER busy on my end with the bar mitzvah and the house building and traveling and getting my sons to sleep away camp. I must have forgotten it amidst the voluminous threads!! My apologies. Was there a reason you decided to forgo it? It would seem the easiest albeit not the most exciting option, but with your mom unwell and no reception currently planned, I would think that it would be fine...

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
35.gif
Hey girly! I''m glad you survived the weekend! I cannot believe they did not acknowledge their son''s wedding!!! Are you kidding me!?! Oh well, maybe it''s better. My MIL always creates HUGE drama whenever there is a wedding or a baby to be born. She''s gotta keep the spotlight on herself.
20.gif
It''s horrible. She''s always creating a scene!

The photog and officiant are available for the date you need? That''s great news. Do you like the photog''s work?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2008 9:08:15 PM
Author: diamondfan
Harriet, been SUPER busy on my end with the bar mitzvah and the house building and traveling and getting my sons to sleep away camp. I must have forgotten it amidst the voluminous threads!! My apologies. Was there a reason you decided to forgo it? It would seem the easiest albeit not the most exciting option, but with your mom unwell and no reception currently planned, I would think that it would be fine...
No worries. Good luck with everything! We decided against City Hall because of the queue (8/8/8) is an extremely auspicious date for Chinese people.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/31/2008 1:17:48 PM
Author: Miranda
35.gif
Hey girly! I''m glad you survived the weekend! I cannot believe they did not acknowledge their son''s wedding!!! Are you kidding me!?! Oh well, maybe it''s better. My MIL always creates HUGE drama whenever there is a wedding or a baby to be born. She''s gotta keep the spotlight on herself.
20.gif
It''s horrible. She''s always creating a scene!

The photog and officiant are available for the date you need? That''s great news. Do you like the photog''s work?
So am I!
2.gif
Neither can we.
29.gif
He''s written to them, so let''s see what their reason/excuse is. I had no idea that your MIL was like that. For some reason, I thought you got along with your ILs.

Yes, thanks! Yup.
36.gif

Now to decide on a bouquet...

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Your dress has a distinct modern flair. Callas?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love lilies, but callas are not my favourites. What about stargazers? Will they stain my dress? Thanks, purr.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Guess that is why the Olympics are starting then!

If you do lilies you must remove the pollen sac that sits on top of the filament...that is what discolors your clothes and stains things.

Is this for the white dress? I like white and cream roses together, I think they look so elegant. Even orchids are lovely too.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Exactly!

Lily pollen stains terribly. Will removing the pollen sac lessen the fragrance?

Yes.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/1/2008 11:40:15 PM
Author: Harriet
Exactly!

Lily pollen stains terribly. Will removing the pollen sac lessen the fragrance?

Yes.
Yes, but it sounds like you know that??? I agree with DF orchids are very beautiful and elegant. Have fun in Newport this weekend, w/Green!
1.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks. I had suspected, but wasn't sure. I will. Green's loads of fun.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Harriet, I get Stargazer''s and Casablanca''s all the time (Casa''s are the all white ones) and I always removes the pollen bits and it doesn''t reduce the scent at all. At least not that I notice.

Tell Green I said Hi!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey,
Thanks. Will do.
P.S. Will also refrain from slicing bread this week.
2.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Done:
1. Venue.
2. Officiant.
3. Witnesses.
4. Photographer.
5. Outfits.
6. Makeup.
7. Hair cut.
8. Bands.

To do:
1. Bouquet.
2. Marriage licence.
3. Hair colour.
4. Mini-facial.
5. Massages
6. Hosiery.
7. Mani-pedi.

Anything else? SIX more days!

Beth

Shiny_Rock
You need to think about the after ceremony.

Would you like to spend the night away from home - book honeymoon suite
Lingere for that evening (counts as hosiery? )
Small wedding cake for two
what will you be having for dinner? Catering or reservations? No cooking allowed.
Transportation - limo?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beth darling,

I think we''d like to be home with the dogs, who are nicely groomed for the photos.
Ah, the unmentionables.
2.gif

Oh yes, cake!
We have dinner reservations already.
We''ve also booked the limo. I wanted to be cheapo and take a yellow cab, but FI said "no."

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve been skulking around this thread....just waiting for the mention of it...now that it has come up...

Just what are you going to do for it?

27.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
No comment.
2.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Now, Miss Harriet, that is JUST NOT FAIR.

SPILL IT!!!

Beth

Shiny_Rock
Be careful about hair color this close. I wouldn't go any lighter than caramel colored highlights. Make sure you love it before you leave the salon too.

Are you doing wedding gifts for eachother now or for the reception?

After the marriage you will be socially obliged to do some announcements but you can worry about that later....

DH and Harriet together with their parents are pleased to announce their marriage on 8/8/08 at time and venue etc. You get the idea - look it up in Vanderbilt's Guide to Good Manners - this is too much to worry about now

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2008 3:44:28 AM
Author: FrekeChild
Now, Miss Harriet, that is JUST NOT FAIR.

SPILL IT!!!
I''m not buying anything. I don''t care about lingerie. Really.
1.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2008 3:52:47 AM
Author: Beth
Be careful about hair color this close. I wouldn''t go any lighter than caramel colored highlights. Make sure you love it before you leave the salon too.

Are you doing wedding gifts for eachother now or for the reception?

After the marriage you will be socially obliged to do some announcements but you can worry about that later....

DH and Harriet together with their parents are pleased to announce their marriage on 8/8/08 at time and venue etc. You get the idea - look it up in Vanderbilt''s Guide to Good Manners - this is too much to worry about now
I''m black-haired, but I have natural red highlights, so that''s what the colourist wants to bring out.

We''ve decided that our wedding pressies will be special items that we find on our honeymoon (although FI was pointing out things at Buccellati today).

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, lingerie is a "rip off"<----------no really, it's fun if you rip it off.
3.gif

My DD had a whole wedding night suitcase which ended up staying in her SUV at the venue, because she sort of forgot to bring them to the after party at the W and they went straight to the hotel from there at 2:30 a.m. She ended up in her DH's shirt.

Whaddaya gonna do???

Not long now... Are you going to post a pic of your dress or what? I don't care if you white out your face or cut off your head (digitally, not literally) just show us a picture of you in that dress, please? No hanger pictures, that is soooooo unfair to do to a Chanel. Really, I think it might even be a sin...if you believe in that sort of thing.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results