shape
carat
color
clarity

The best part about moving to a new apartment... New Stuff!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Woo hoo! Moving in about a month - and FINALLY replacing some of the furniture that has followed me from college! My bedroom''s getting completely revamped, and so is some of the living room furniture! SOOOOOO excited! I had a 1K budget for new stuff, and am trying to stretch it as far as I can.

And did I mention that I''m also getting an extra bathroom, 2 sinks in the master AND a FIREPLACE!?!?!? Yaaaaay!!!

So far I''ve got:

New dressers. Thank goodness! My old ones have seen the inside of dorm rooms and waaaay too many apartments! These are from IKEA, and were actually a gift from my Mom for Christmas:

74486_PE191629_S3.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
And my pride and joy... New BEDDING!!!! No more fighting over inadequate covers with DH! LOL.
ETA: I'm kind of curious to see what color this actually ends up being in person. It's on 2 week backorder.

51GJE4ZB92L._AA400_.jpg

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Very cool! Enjoy your new place and the furniture shopping. We''ll need to see room pics when the place is "done".
9.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
So... I''ve got $700 left.... I''m thinking new entertainment center and bath decor. And... and.... stuff. Suggestions? LOL.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2009 11:28:15 AM
Author: DiamanteBlu
Very cool! Enjoy your new place and the furniture shopping. We''ll need to see room pics when the place is ''done''.
9.gif
I am having so much fun getting new stuff. I''ll have to take before and after pics of both apartments, just to compare, LOL.

I''m not having so much fun cleaning out 3 years of accumulated crap though. Yeah....

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
IKEA is good [I see you''ve found them]. Pier 1 Imports is having a major sale. They have some really cool pieces from accent pieces to furniture. Most of their stuff can be seen online if you don''t have one near you.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2009 11:30:36 AM
IKEA is good [I see you've found them]. Pier 1 Imports is having a major sale. They have some really cool pieces from accent pieces to furniture. Most of their stuff can be seen online if you don't have one near you.
Pier1 is a great idea. We registered there for our wedding, and got all our funky dishes from them.
9.gif
I'll have to check it out! Could be dangerous though, LOL. Thanks for the heads up on the sale.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
36.gif

You must be having great fun. I LOVE your new bedding - very swish!

How is the apartment for storage; esp. for the bathroom(s!). Do you have all the cooking utensils you need? Cleaning stuff (yuck); you might want to give the place the once over before you move in and cleaning products can set you back a bit. I cleaned every place I moved to carefully before I put a box down- but I hate germs..and dust..and thinking about germs and dust. (You get the idea)

I would waste a few dollars on throw cushions, candles, new slippers and fancy bathroom soaps - they would make me feel good.

Do you want to buy energy saving bulbs - spend a few extra bucks now to save on energy bills tomorrow!

Happy times geckodani - enjoy!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2009 11:43:56 AM
Author: Steel
36.gif

You must be having great fun. I LOVE your new bedding - very swish!

How is the apartment for storage; esp. for the bathroom(s!). Do you have all the cooking utensils you need? Cleaning stuff (yuck); you might want to give the place the once over before you move in and cleaning products can set you back a bit. I cleaned every place I moved to carefully before I put a box down- but I hate germs..and dust..and thinking about germs and dust. (You get the idea)

I would waste a few dollars on throw cushions, candles, new slippers and fancy bathroom soaps - they would make me feel good.

Do you want to buy energy saving bulbs - spend a few extra bucks now to save on energy bills tomorrow!

Happy times geckodani - enjoy!
I am having such great fun, LOL. DH thinks me insane....

We have a HUGE storage closet that runs the length of the living room. And 2 sinks, with cabinets, and the linen closet in the master, and a cabinet in the second bathroom too.

I''m definitely going to spend some money on new towels and soaps (they make me feel good too!). And new cushions! Yay! We were going to do new couches too, but the security deposit is steep, so the current ones will have to do.

I''m not a complete clean freak, but you''re right - I should stock up because I will give everything a quick once over.

The energy saving bulbs. Hmmm. I have yet to find ones that don''t cast a funky SciFi light on my world. Any suggestions to get around that one?

So.... much... FUN!
3.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Gecko - go to Target!! The portion of the store that is seasonal is doing a "design center" and everything is on sale/clearance. I was going crazy with all the neat design elements...tables, chairs, big mirrors, everything... fun fun fun!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2009 11:55:32 AM
Author: Elmorton
Gecko - go to Target!! The portion of the store that is seasonal is doing a ''design center'' and everything is on sale/clearance. I was going crazy with all the neat design elements...tables, chairs, big mirrors, everything... fun fun fun!
Target is my crack. I''m so going. And they just opened a new HUGE one near me. Muah hah hah!!! Thanks for the sale heads up as well - I try not to go in there too often, out of respect for my wallet.
20.gif
I would have missed it.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Lookee what I found for the hubster''s bathroom. He requested, "The pieced together wood stuff." Think this is close enough?
33.gif

The towels are from Target - thanks Elmorton, for reminding me to go - they were on sale!!!

forAdam.JPG

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I''m SO sneaking this in there and waiting to see how long it takes him to notice it.
11.gif

51CVTKDWK6L._SL500_AA280_gd.JPG

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2009 2:29:17 PM
Author: geckodani
I''m SO sneaking this in there and waiting to see how long it takes him to notice it.
11.gif
That''s funny and GROSS!!!

Go to your local dollar store and buy the ugly nasty art in groups of three that have awesome picture frames. I''m serious, for some reason the crappiest artwork in cheap stores have the coolest frames. Then replace the artwork with photographs - from your parents? from a calendar? from a picture book? Very chic on the cheap!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2009 11:33:31 AM

Date: 1/21/2009 11:30:36 AM
IKEA is good [I see you''ve found them]. Pier 1 Imports is having a major sale. They have some really cool pieces from accent pieces to furniture. Most of their stuff can be seen online if you don''t have one near you.
Pier1 is a great idea. We registered there for our wedding, and got all our funky dishes from them.
9.gif
I''ll have to check it out! Could be dangerous though, LOL. Thanks for the heads up on the sale.
Hi Gecko!

If you do go to Pier One, just check the quality of the furniture before you buy something. The quality of their furniture pieces often isn''t the greatest.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
11.gif
OMG, so funny. Is this a tissue box? I love it.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2009 7:31:31 PM

11.gif

Me too where did you get it, FI would love that :D

jcarlylew82

Shiny_Rock
I am so jealous! Now i want to throw out everything in our place and start fresh (since moving isn''t an option). hmm..

isn''t ikea having a sale soon??

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2009 3:29:51 AM
Author: Deelight

Date: 1/21/2009 7:31:31 PM

11.gif

Me too where did you get it, FI would love that :D
I found it on Amazon.com. And yes, it is a tissue box cover, LOL. DH has major allergies and I have to have tissues ALL over the place! Hee hee. Might as well have them look fun, right?
3.gif

Starset - you are SO right on the frames, LOL! I''ll have to do that.

Zoe - I''ll probably just be getting randome accesories, but I''ll double check everything. I know my sister had to look through 20 or so chairs once to find one that wasn''t damaged.
20.gif
Meh.

jcarlylew - Redecorating is totally addictive, LOL. I honestly don''t know if IKEA is having a sale - I''ll have to check into it!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Try World Market, Home Goods, Garden Ridge, Target even TJ Maxx (for accessories). I think the details really make a home (framed pictures hung, throw pillows, area rungs...) it is very exciting!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2009 9:49:37 AM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Try World Market, Home Goods, Garden Ridge, Target even TJ Maxx (for accessories). I think the details really make a home (framed pictures hung, throw pillows, area rungs...) it is very exciting!
You''re right - it really is all in the details.

Hee hee - I''m horrible. I tend to set my mom loose and the next thing I know all the pictures are hung, and somehow all the accesorries are up and perfect. She''s much better at that stuff than I am!

I definitely need to go hunting for some new wall art though! The stuff I have now is.... like I was trying to be cooler than I am. Does that make any sense?

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
This is my kind of thread! I love decorating and... ok... its really just the shopping for the decorating that I love. ;-) The stuff you''ve picked out looks great! I can''t wait to see the before and afters!

Is your bed/bedding from IKEA also? I have only been to IKEA once... which was like 3 months ago when I was in Paris. I fell in love with the store and you can decorate entire rooms for so cheap!

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I can''t believe I didn''t see this thread before now! I know its a long shot, but do you happen to have a Pottery Barn Outlet near you? We have one here and they have some really great deals on EVERYTHING! I bought a sofa and a chair for $400! Do you need a fireplace set with the sweeper/poker thing/etc? Ikea has really good art prints that you can frame individually or group together.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2009 7:48:55 PM
Author: Definitely, Maybe
This is my kind of thread! I love decorating and... ok... its really just the shopping for the decorating that I love. ;-) The stuff you''ve picked out looks great! I can''t wait to see the before and afters!

Is your bed/bedding from IKEA also? I have only been to IKEA once... which was like 3 months ago when I was in Paris. I fell in love with the store and you can decorate entire rooms for so cheap!
The bedding is actually from Target.
9.gif
And I''ve been drooling over it for a looooooong time! LOL. Can not wait until it gets here!!!

IKEA is awesome. I''ll have about an extra $100 on the gift card I''m using for the dressers, so I''ll get to purchase some other randomness too.
5.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/23/2009 1:52:52 AM
Author: oobiecoo
I can''t believe I didn''t see this thread before now! I know its a long shot, but do you happen to have a Pottery Barn Outlet near you? We have one here and they have some really great deals on EVERYTHING! I bought a sofa and a chair for $400! Do you need a fireplace set with the sweeper/poker thing/etc? Ikea has really good art prints that you can frame individually or group together.
OMG I wish I had a Pottery Barn Outlet! I adore Pottery Barn! Alas, not so much. Meh. Oh well.
3.gif
I actually don''t need a fireplace set, since it''s gas, LOL. Kinda takes some of the fun out of it, but I''ll deal. I''m just ecstatic to have a FIREPLACE!!!
runaround1.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Shower curtain!!! Okay... this is purple, right? The description says black and grey.... am I hallucinating? It sure looks purple to me.... guess we'll find out!
3.gif

ETA: Pic didn't attach. Hmmm. I'll try again.

LEAVES%20SC%2050022.JPG

geckodani

Ideal_Rock

purporgrey.JPG

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
I love the shower curtain!! I''m really into purple and grey these days so it makes sense.

I think that is beautiful!

My place is fully furnished by Ikea I think :) I have the low dresser that you posted - the one that is 6 drawers (3 high, 2 across). We put two mirrors above it and I think it looks great!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/23/2009 12:38:37 PM
Author: october2008bride
I love the shower curtain!! I''m really into purple and grey these days so it makes sense.

I think that is beautiful!

My place is fully furnished by Ikea I think :) I have the low dresser that you posted - the one that is 6 drawers (3 high, 2 across). We put two mirrors above it and I think it looks great!
I was debating between that one and the 2 four drawer ones. We have 8 drawers now, so I went with the taller ones, LOL. IKEA rocks. I can''t wait to see if that shower curtain is purple or not! The pic says one thing and the description another, LOL!

And.... My Bedding SHIPPED!!! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! It''s SO not going to wait until we move. I''m putting it on NOW. LOL!

violet02

Ideal_Rock
So the shower curtain looks purple for sure but oddly I''ve been tricked a few times by people''s photos of gray purses. I SWEAR they look purple but in better lighting they are gray!

That''s gotta be purple.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results