shape
carat
color
clarity

The best part about moving to a new apartment... New Stuff!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/23/2009 4:26:33 PM
Author: violet02
So the shower curtain looks purple for sure but oddly I''ve been tricked a few times by people''s photos of gray purses. I SWEAR they look purple but in better lighting they are gray!

That''s gotta be purple.
I find it quite confusing, LOL! It TOTALLY looks purple to me - even the dark parts look deep purple.
33.gif
But I emailed the company and they said black and grey.....??! So.... I guess we wait and see, LOL!

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/23/2009 9:25:03 PM
Author: geckodani

So the shower curtain looks purple for sure but oddly I''ve been tricked a few times by people''s photos of gray purses. I SWEAR they look purple but in better lighting they are gray!

That''s gotta be purple.
I find it quite confusing, LOL! It TOTALLY looks purple to me - even the dark parts look deep purple.
33.gif
But I emailed the company and they said black and grey.....??! So.... I guess we wait and see, LOL!
So I''m at home on my good monitor and the purple wall is throwing the whole thing off.

For example, that towel in the shower is actually gray but I could have sworn it was a purpley color as well. I bet if you crop that picture and get the purple out of it, it will look more gray. Seriously gray''s can look purple sometimes! I know it''s weird!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/24/2009 3:55:56 AM

Date: 1/23/2009 9:25:03 PM

That''s gotta be purple.
33.gif
So I''m at home on my good monitor and the purple wall is throwing the whole thing off.

For example, that towel in the shower is actually gray but I could have sworn it was a purpley color as well. I bet if you crop that picture and get the purple out of it, it will look more gray. Seriously gray''s can look purple sometimes! I know it''s weird!
Meh. I actually really, really hope it''s purple! I don''t want black and grey, LOL! Color is my friend...

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
LOVE the new bedding and dressers and that stuff for your hubby''s bathroom - that wall hanging is SO FUNNY - ROFL!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Hee hee. I hope we can actually manage to get tissues out of the nose.
9.gif

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
Well, it is probably just the walls that are making it look more purple. They should have better pictures with stuff like that and not make it so confusing.

Do you think you will return it for something more colorful? OR are you going to HAVE to paint your walls a fun color?
31.gif
I have a black and white shower curtain and colored walls. I like the contrast (? can''t think right now if that is the right word I am looking for. ha) of it.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
So, I got the bedding... and it is SO not the same color as it is online! Not even close! I took a quick pic - I was so bummed at how dark it is.
7.gif
It''s going back, and now I''m still on the prowl for bedding.

And the shower curtain. If it''s cool, I''ll keep it, regardless of color.
9.gif
Well, unless I do something really, really different in the bathroom. Meh.

colorchangebed.JPG

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
that sucks that it wasn''t what you pictured. For what it''s worth. I still really like it.
1.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Megs.
1.gif
Unfortunately, for what I paid for it - I want to love it, you know? I''ll find something!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
I love the shower curtain! I actually have a set of dishes that have that same color and pattern on them. The bedding looks really nice too in the catalog pic. That sucks that it came so dark! What a bummer! What are you going to get now?

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Okay, this is HILARIOUS! So, I hadn't received the shower curtain, so I called the company - they are COMPLETELY out of stock and will be for at least a month. So, money was refunded and I am now starting from scratch, LOL!
20.gif

DH wants red. I'm not completely opposed to the idea, but I tend to look at bedrooms as soothing places, and red is kind of loud.

Then again, spicy bedroom might not be a bad thing....
31.gif

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2009 1:20:31 PM
Okay, this is HILARIOUS! So, I hadn''t received the shower curtain, so I called the company - they are COMPLETELY out of stock and will be for at least a month. So, money was refunded and I am now starting from scratch, LOL!
20.gif

DH wants red. I''m not completely opposed to the idea, but I tend to look at bedrooms as soothing places, and red is kind of loud.

31.gif
Well gosh honey, your just having bad luck all around! That curtain was so pretty! Well, I guess you could always hang on of my dinnerplates up. Might not be quite as effective though.
And as to the bedroom........I say spice it up girl!
9.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2009 7:41:11 PM
Author: joflier

Okay, this is HILARIOUS! So, I hadn''t received the shower curtain, so I called the company - they are COMPLETELY out of stock and will be for at least a month. So, money was refunded and I am now starting from scratch, LOL!
20.gif

DH wants red. I''m not completely opposed to the idea, but I tend to look at bedrooms as soothing places, and red is kind of loud.

31.gif
Well gosh honey, your just having bad luck all around! That curtain was so pretty! Well, I guess you could always hang on of my dinnerplates up. Might not be quite as effective though.
9.gif
Oh I dunno, if I arranged the plates correctly, could cover some of the important bits. Might have a bit of a splash problem though...
2.gif

I was seriously cracking up earlier when I realized that the shower curtain was a bust too, LOL!

Hmmm. My life is getting boring. I think I''ll go for the red. Spicy is good.
11.gif

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2009 7:58:38 PM

20.gif

31.gif
9.gif
Oh I dunno, if I arranged the plates correctly, could cover some of the important bits. Might have a bit of a splash problem though...
2.gif

I was seriously cracking up earlier when I realized that the shower curtain was a bust too, LOL!

11.gif
I think a couple-plate curtain would be the perfect combo with the spicy bedroom actually. Oh, I have 2 serving bowls too, if that helps!
3.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
3.gif

Date: 1/29/2009 8:09:27 PM

20.gif

31.gif
9.gif
2.gif

11.gif
I think a couple-plate curtain would be the perfect combo with the spicy bedroom actually. Oh, I have 2 serving bowls too, if that helps!
3.gif
Nah - regular bowls will do. Not much to cover in that department.
9.gif
3.gif

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2009 10:07:18 PM
3.gif

Date: 1/29/2009 8:09:27 PM

20.gif

31.gif
9.gif
2.gif

11.gif
3.gif
Nah - regular bowls will do. Not much to cover in that department.
9.gif
3.gif
Lol!
3.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
So... I forgot to take before pics, but the afters will be up next week! Moving this weekend! And dang is it stressful!
32.gif

And IKEA. IKEA is the devil.
11.gif

ETA: I ended up with almost NOTHING I posted about originally. Heh. Life is odd.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the shower curtain and bedding.
That tissue holder is HYSTERICAL!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay so we started to do some 'affordable' upgrading recently too.

Here's what I got the best deals on.

Overstock. My four poster bed. Seen similar beds for over 1.5K, bought ours for 350 delivered, paid 30 bucks for sturdier wood slats from home depot and popped our box and mattress in.

Bedding, trolling your local Bed, bath and beyond and DEFINITELY Tuesday morning. BBB is great because you get 20% coupons, and when they discount for clearance merchandise, they really discount. Our store has an entire new section for markdowns with the economy.

Pier One... you could have knocked me over with a feather when I priced out nightstands. 250 bucks each and junk. Got ours for 75% off there and paid 100 for both. Better quality than ones I priced out for 5 times that.

Area Rugs, Home depot has a hidden cache the employees try to hoard. Ask them for their discontined rugs and final clearance. They'll wince, put out a giant ladder, climb dig and tug.. and will pull out some real deals they've hidden to save for themselves or family members. We bought a rug there for 30 bucks for a 200 rug and threw it in the kitchen for a spot of lovely purple color. It only lasted 4 years with the pet abuse, but for me that's great. I like change.

And finally GOOD WILL. Target sends their super clearance stuff there. Brand new. In original packaging. For anything like picture frames, lamps, lamp shades, wall art, wall mirrors, and entertainment stands... can't beat them. Lampshade 2 dollars each. Lamps for 4 bucks. Beautiful mirror that I saw in target, large, for 120 I picked up there for 20 bucks. 15 dollar frames for 2 bucks. Cannot beat them for knicknacks and paddywacks.

I love Marshalls and TJ Maxx too, especially for unique wall hangings and art. And for curtains and shower curtains. Ross has the best prices on that stuff, but the selection can be really inconsistent store to store. Anna's Linen's for throw pillows (and Marshalls, et al, when you can find them on clearance).

I believe in buying online to some extent (heck I bought my bed from overstock), but for housewears and bedding touching feeling and seeing in full size three D is best.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy - I am so off to Home Depot to see what they''ve got stashed!!! Good advice.
1.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy...will you come home decorating shopping with me?

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 3:43:59 PM
Author: FrekeChild

Seriously! I need your skills!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 9:54:22 PM
Author: thing2of2

Date: 2/25/2009 3:43:59 PM
Author: FrekeChild

Seriously! I need your skills!
No kidding, LOL! Come shop with me!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, AWESOME advice.

Gecko, okay, I went to art school and took a color class where we learned about color therapy. Red is the "healing" color for the bladder and ever since then I wanted a red bathroom. So your DH MIGHT be on to something! Haha.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 12:54:09 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Gypsy, AWESOME advice.

Gecko, okay, I went to art school and took a color class where we learned about color therapy. Red is the ''healing'' color for the bladder and ever since then I wanted a red bathroom. So your DH MIGHT be on to something! Haha.
LMAO!!! I actually went and got red, and brought it home... and was informed that it clashed with my hair.
20.gif
I worry about the man sometimes!! We ended up with blue! I promise, as soon as I get all the pictures hung and book put away, I''ll take pics!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just saw the replies. I'd love to help any of you shop! Thank you! I love decorating (you couldn't tell by my living room) and I love deals.

Here's some additional advice... since I'm on a roll
3.gif
. First, you have to be patient and willing to live with mismatched clutter till the right deal comes around. I'm currently living with couches I hate (HATE) and plastic bins in place of a coffee table and end table (thought the coffee table was Macy's fault, I had an old one I threw away cause I ordered one through Macy's then they couldn't get it in for 7 months). The only thing that makes it all worth while is a five thousand dollar persian rug. Which is my next piece of advice, when you find them (or are gifted them) use the nicest items you find (or get) prominently with your 'deals' it ups the overall 'star quality' of the rest of your stuff. One really nice piece (especially a larger bold one) can take everything up a notch.

And,last, outlets of nicer retail stores. I bought this http://www.crateandbarrel.com/family.aspx?c=1070&f=29099 desk for 150 bucks at the crate and barrel outlet. It had one scratch on it, easily hidden under the monitor on our desk. Crate and Barrel outlet usually has stuff that's A) not discounted enough (because it's not damaged enough) or B) too damaged to really be any good. BUT I check in there every couple of weeks and keep myself open to what I find. You often find the best deals when you aren't looking for them. I didn't want a new desk. Our office re-decorating was last on my list, but I found the desk and jumped on it. Glad I did too, it's a beautiful piece and makes the room.

They've had some beautiful chairs, one nice couch (though not in a color I could work with), a some great dining tables. Real outlets have some great bargains, if you check back often enough. The Crate and Barrel I go to has a small amount of floor space and a large warehouse. So a lot of the time they have lovely things in the back (all wrapped up in packaging) that they can't put out out till there is floor space. Occasionally if the right sales person is working I can ask them if there is anything in the back that fits what I'm looking for, if there is nothing out. But they are usually reluctant to bring things out if you aren't 100% sure you are going to buy, but if it's slow (weekday) and they have time they might humor you if you are really nice. They have nice rugs too, but their wool rugs, the more affordable ones, shed pretty badly so a good vacuum is necessary.

I've been eyeing these. http://www.crateandbarrel.com/family.aspx?c=3054&f=29124 I have no place to put them, but they would be a lovely accent in the right room.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Wow, geckodani everything looks great!! I will be in your position soon (by July), and it is so very exciting (and sometimes expensive)!! Here''s my drive-by tip if anyone''s interested: I checked out my local unfinished furniture store..and found my dream end tables and coffee table for a fraction of what I was going to pay for one table I was only so/so on at Pottery Barn. And the finishing process (the product I chose is one-step) seems pretty easy. So that''s my tip!
31.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Oh how I wish I had outlets near me! Bah.
1.gif

I''v been delinquent in taking pictures. I promise, as soon as I get everything hung up and put away I will!!!

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2009 9:36:00 AM
Oh how I wish I had outlets near me! Bah.
1.gif

I''v been delinquent in taking pictures. I promise, as soon as I get everything hung up and put away I will!!!

Yes... yes you have been delinquent!
38.gif
3.gif
We want pictures!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Alrighty then, I''ve got pics of the master bed/bath and the kitchen - everything else still need finishing touches before I am willing to post pics for all the world to see!!!
3.gif

So, here''s the bedding we ended up with.

gdbed1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results